• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon TCG Questions Thread [general questions]

I have Crasher Wake's Quagsire and its a Shiny, does this raise the value? Is it a rare card?

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
oh ok so a basic can evolve into a stage 1 plasma, but a stage 2 plasma can only evolve from a stage 1 plasma right?

considering that the final stage evolution is a team plasma pokemon, this doesn't make any sense, if the card say's it evolves from that card it evolves from that card (name included), please note that team plasma is considered as an additional type of pokemon, no different then lv. X or EX and has nothing to do with the pokemon cards name.

I have Crasher Wake's Quagsire and its a Shiny, does this raise the value? Is it a rare card?

You mean quagsire GL, that kind of question should be in how much its worth thread.

Last edited:

Shadow of Umbreon

Waiting for Y
I've been wanting to buy a booster box for a while. I heard of pokeorder.com and i love the fact that they accept money orders since thats the only form of payment i can do. What i want to know is, is it a good site to order from? Are there others? I only want to pay via money order btw.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
I've been wanting to buy a booster box for a while. I heard of pokeorder.com and i love the fact that they accept money orders since thats the only form of payment i can do. What i want to know is, is it a good site to order from? Are there others? I only want to pay via money order btw.

The only thing I can say is this, look around online, sometimes you'll get lucky, sometimes you won't, but only buy off of them if it's a verified business.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
The only thing I can say is this, look around online, sometimes you'll get lucky, sometimes you won't, but only buy off of them if it's a verified business.

That and only buy the box if it's factory sealed. Since it's possible to wiegh the packs and pick out the good things.

Shadow of Umbreon

Waiting for Y
Oh ok. Thank you both i'll keep it in mind.

So, i saw in an earlier comment that now only next destinies and up are only allowed so that means b/w, emerging powers, and victories are out? Just to clarify.

Asrialys

Oh ok. Thank you both i'll keep it in mind.

So, i saw in an earlier comment that now only next destinies and up are only allowed so that means b/w, emerging powers, and victories are out? Just to clarify.
If you're looking to play in the current modified-legal format, then yes, those three are out. Only a few select cards that have been reprinted in later sets may used.

monkeyman192

simply bored
I am looking to buy some more cards and was thinking of getting some off ebay. Can anyone recommend any good sellers there? I want to make sure I am getting legit cards so I figured some people here may have bought some off ebay before and will know the good ones to go to. I am not fussed what cards I get, I was just hoping to get a fair few.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Monkeyman192@ I buy what I need for deck parts on E-bay, I only buy from verified sellers, mainly for 1 of 2 reasons, 1. they want you're business, 2. sometimes they'll give you a discount. Also if you plan on buying booster packs or theme decks/booster boxes, as skitty said, check the seal, see if they are legit, because if they are not you could be ripped off, but stick to verified sellers.

threadward

I am an idiot

Hello. I need a bit of help. I recently opened a PB Elite Trainer Box and I only had 4 Water Energies, but I had an extra card. This card was made of the correct cardboard, had the correct back and the correct borders, but where the picture should be was a blank white space! It is the correct material and design, but is it worth anything? Can I sell it? If so, for how much? Should I complain? Please help!
I was going through the things people posted on this page, and I read this and thought, "this was exactly my problem".
Then I looked at the author. ;1; ;4; ;7;

Asrialys

I was going through the things people posted on this page, and I read this and thought, "this was exactly my problem".
Then I looked at the author. ;1; ;4; ;7;
lol

Wo sorry about the numbers at the end I'm new to this site
If you're unaware, there is an Edit Post option near the Reply With Quote option you used to quote yourself. I believe double-posts like yours are frowned upon here.

MadaMada

Hey guys, haven't touched the TCG for like 10 years.

Seems like a lot have changed. I feel like coming back so I was thinking of making a Charizard deck as that is one of my favourite Pokémon.

So say, disregarding the common threats in today's competitive tcg environment, what do you guys think is the most playable Charizard card? I noticed a lot of Charizard card are just powerful but pretty useless since it takes up lots of resources.

I was thinking the Boundaries Crossed Charizard seem to be the most balanced and playable of them all.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
Madamada@ well if this is for format play to go to a PTCG tournament (which is the tcg competitive environment) that is the only charizard you can use, other then that, I would have to say arceus charizard is probably the most dangerous charizard atm 30+50+tool dmg (bangle 30 or e.ebelt 20) + laser bank could get you anywhere between 130 or 140 dmg off of 1 energy, for 3 energy you're just destroying everything (180-190 per turn). Also emboar or chanedlure are the best to play with charizard so you allow you to put a lot of fire energy onto charizard minus the initial attaché phase.

Last edited:

Birdyboy

Pokemon Breeder
In your opinion whats the best deck? Want to see different peoples ideas, thanks.

J20Hawkz

Hi.

Haunters sneaky placement attack states "put 2 damage counters on 1 of your opponent's Pokemon"

If the opponents pokemon has a 2x weakness to psychic pokemon, does that mean I put 4 damage counters on it?

Thanks in advance.

Asrialys

Hi.

Haunters sneaky placement attack states "put 2 damage counters on 1 of your opponent's Pokemon"

If the opponents pokemon has a 2x weakness to psychic pokemon, does that mean I put 4 damage counters on it?

Thanks in advance.

4 to active, 2 to bench.
Wait. It says "put", right? That means neither Weakness nor Resistance will be applied. PUTTING damage counters would technically be an effect of an attack and is different than DOING DAMAGE. So unless your opponent's Pokemon has an effect on it that prevents the effects of an opponent's attack, Haunter will put two damage counters, regardless of Weakness and Resistance. Furthermore, Haunter's attack goes through any sort of protection on the Bench that prevents damage from an attack.

Last edited: