• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon TCG Questions Thread [general questions]

You are referring to this dude, right? Since it says "have your opponent switch" they would choose which Pokémon gets switched in. Compare Lysandre, where the one playing the card is instructed to "switch."

NewPortBox100s

Poke'Maniac
How do you film card openings for YouTube?

I've always wondered this... how do you position the camera and what kind of camera? HOW IS THIS DONE

NotChip

®™
TCG Online - friend battle

I've just tried to have a friend battle on the TCG Online, but despite being able to chat with my friend, we couldn't battle each other. I've asked for help from the official site, but it'll be days, if not weeks before I got a response. Is there anyone here that can give me help?

Basically, we can select each other on the vs screen and then select "Play Now!" but we both get stuck on the "Looking for Opponent" window.

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
@NewPortBox100S: a lot of people in my city record box openings to gain views so they can get free youtube money, meh, they will use any kind of camera for the most part, even there phone. From what I've been told they'll balance it on anything until it looks good and record in poor lighting (>.>) but that's about as much as I know.

@not chip: considering that this is a question more then an actual thread I put it here, have either of you uninstalled, deleted the installer and re-download/install it all over again, if not it could be your acu, uac, acu, idk (account user something, is basically a bother to any online games that go from pc to pc).

NotChip

®™
The thing is, it's only friend battles that don't work. I can battle anyone else through the verses / tournament modes.
However, we're playing on different platforms. I'm using a PC and he's using his IPad. Does this game not support cross platform play?

Where can I get boosters/decks/blisters for a cheaper price? Like is there a kind of product where you can buy a very large amount of cards, but it doesn't cost as much as if I where to buy X number of booster packs?

ChicaSkas

Where can I get boosters/decks/blisters for a cheaper price? Like is there a kind of product where you can buy a very large amount of cards, but it doesn't cost as much as if I where to buy X number of booster packs?
I've seen boosters on Ebay for $2.75 each with free shipping. You aren't going to find anything much cheaper than that unless it's fake.

Kairyudraco

Teamrocketsmeowth
My husband has gotten into pokemon tcg (not online) and he has a few questions that we can't seem to find.

Say you have a pokemon ex with the say name as a regular pokemon, say yveltal and yveltal ex, how many can you have together? Or is it separate because of the ex part?

How many cards are in a deck? He thinks it's 60.

How many poekmon, trainers, energy, etc can you have?

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
My husband has gotten into pokemon tcg (not online) and he has a few questions that we can't seem to find.

Say you have a pokemon ex with the say name as a regular pokemon, say yveltal and yveltal ex, how many can you have together? Or is it separate because of the ex part?

How many cards are in a deck? He thinks it's 60.

How many poekmon, trainers, energy, etc can you have?

You can have 4 of each card in a deck (with as many basic energy cards as you want). That's based on its exact name. So you can have 4 Yveltal and 4 Yveltal EX in your deck.

A Pokemon deck is exactly 60 cards.

You can have as many Pokemon, trainers and energy as you want as long as you follow the rules above. And a deck needs to have at least 1 basic Pokemon in it.

Kairyudraco

Teamrocketsmeowth
You can have 4 of each card in a deck (with as many basic energy cards as you want). That's based on its exact name. So you can have 4 Yveltal and 4 Yveltal EX in your deck.

A Pokemon deck is exactly 60 cards.

You can have as many Pokemon, trainers and energy as you want as long as you follow the rules above. And a deck needs to have at least 1 basic Pokemon in it.

Thank you :)

Link1482

1.) I was looking at M Charizard EX 69/106 on ebay and the prices seemed to be either around $50 or around $200-300 not much in between but as far as I could tell they were the same card. Is there a reason for that like difference in who is selling them? I take it if you get it checked or rated on condition you can charge more. And I did not see very many but I would guess that the secret rare 108 would go for more but it did not seem that way. But I take it that it values at about $50. I was just trying to get a value on some of my cards I am not really looking at buying selling. I am just curious as to why some are $300

2.) I have had bad luck with the booster packs you get in tins/EX boxes the ones you get with promos. it may be just me but out of about 40 booster packs I got about 6 halos one of them was an EX I think the first 10-12 packs I did not get any halos. And seemed about half the time out of 4 packs I would not get any halos. I have bought about 10 tins and maybe 10 EX gift boxes total. I am kind of deterred from buying any more. Is it just me or is that how it usually is?

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
1.) I was looking at M Charizard EX 69/106 on ebay and the prices seemed to be either around $50 or around $200-300 not much in between but as far as I could tell they were the same card. Is there a reason for that like difference in who is selling them? I take it if you get it checked or rated on condition you can charge more. And I did not see very many but I would guess that the secret rare 108 would go for more but it did not seem that way. But I take it that it values at about $50. I was just trying to get a value on some of my cards I am not really looking at buying selling. I am just curious as to why some are $300

2.) I have had bad luck with the booster packs you get in tins/EX boxes the ones you get with promos. it may be just me but out of about 40 booster packs I got about 6 halos one of them was an EX I think the first 10-12 packs I did not get any halos. And seemed about half the time out of 4 packs I would not get any halos. I have bought about 10 tins and maybe 10 EX gift boxes total. I am kind of deterred from buying any more. Is it just me or is that how it usually is?

1st: Are you looking at sold listings or just the ones that haven't sold? You can put any price you want for an item you're selling on ebay, that doesn't mean it'll sell or be worth that. I could put a toothpick on there and start the bid at $1,000,000 for it.

2nd: I tend to get bad luck on tins too. I've bought at least one of each tin that's been made and I've got around 6 EX/Lv.X total. But then again some of my friends get 1-2 per tin so idk. :/

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
1. No I was looking at the buy it now prices and not the ones you bid on.

That's the problem then. When checking ebay to see how much something is going for, only check the ones that have actually sold. Buy it now or bidding prices don't matter if they haven't actually sold at those prices.

Link1482

I had 5 packs of plasma blast and got an EX from one of those 5 and I decided to buy a booster box. turns out I only got 2 EX pokemon from the booster box and 1 of them was the one I already had. I felt kind of ripped off. From what I read it looks like it's possible to get no EX from plasma blast booster boxes.

What are the pull rates for EX pokemon in booster boxes? And if the pull rate is different for different expansion packs which expansions have lower pull rates?

the ash man83

Avid TCG Fan
When you say booster boxes, do you mean the Plasma Blast Elite Trainer Box, or a box of 36 individual booster packs?

If it's the latter, I think you should be getting around 5 Ultra/Secret Rares per box, with about as many normal holo cards. If it's the Elite Trainer Box, I'm not sure what expected rates are.

Electricbluewolf

*pours beans down the waterslide*
When you say booster boxes, do you mean the Plasma Blast Elite Trainer Box, or a box of 36 individual booster packs?

If it's the latter, I think you should be getting around 5 Ultra/Secret Rares per box, with about as many normal holo cards. If it's the Elite Trainer Box, I'm not sure what expected rates are.

Elite Trainer Boxes are random packs, so some have 2-3 EX/UR, and some have none, and some have 1-2 etc. Random for those.

If anyone has extra tcg online codes i would greatly appreciate it. My fiance is trying to build his online deck and needs help.

Also if anyone can help him out instead and give him a few exs etc, his username is xxsiesmitoadxx

Last edited:

Link1482

I was talking about the 36 booster pack box out of 36 boosters I got only 2 EX. It was sealed. I was hoping for 4-5 EX pokemon. But when you said elite trainer box you mean the one that comes with 8 booster packs right? I have a few of those have not had much luck with those either

Last edited: