• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon TCG Questions Thread [general questions]

Dragon_bb

I was wondering if anyone else has bought the Mimikyu Pin Set yet? And if you got some valuable cards in it? I just ordered my set and am pretty excited / waiting impatiently for it to arrive. :)

Dragon_bb

So, basically, someone (or several someones, not sure where the vids came from) thought it'd be funny and posted some troll videos on social media stating the values of several cards to be way higher than they actually are, and the listing prices on eBay are still absurdly high because at least one of those videos claimed the Bill card was over $3000, which, despite being an obvious troll to those in the know, still roped in a lot of naive people, and those listing prices are the aftershocks of all those people who brought that troll's bait.

It's quite frankly annoying as a long-time collector that all of these new collectors got taken for a ride by a couple troll videos. The only card that I've seen in said videos that was actually worth anywhere near what the videos claimed is the Pikachu Illustrator card.

Dang. I had no idea about these videos. Luckily I have been collecting Pokemon cards since they first came out and kind of have that knowledge on my side.

Baggie_Saiyan

Quick question, is it worth going to pre-release events? The entry fee is £23, but 7 packs more or less make your money back (7 Packs retail for £3 so £21) so it seems worth it based off that, plus any cool cards you get you can sell, just wondering what peoples exp at events like this are?

Should note I am casual player/collector.

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
Recently started collecting the cards again. Really wanting a secret rare charizard from burning shadows. I can buy a full box for 90$ us or I can just buy a single charizard card. Looking for suggestions. My max budget for a full art charizard is probably around 100$ us but I'm just wondering if anyone has any price predictions on charizard secret rares. Will price go up or down with the new series releases? Looking for advice from veteran collectors. Thanks in advance!

MiloticTwins

Hey, guys. Did you know why you think they never make anymore Pokémon cards of Greninja for the Pokémon Sun & Moon Trading Card Game set? Some people thought that Greninja was still popular among its fans.

Last edited:

MiloticTwins

Hey, guys. Do you think that Dark Pokémon cards (opposite of Light Pokémon cards) were well-received or acclaimed by collectible card game journalism critics?

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
Hey, guys. Do you think that Dark Pokémon cards (opposite of Light Pokémon cards) were well-received or acclaimed by collectible card game journalism critics?
Well, I might not know, but I do have quite a bunch of them (I have more Dark cards than Light ones since Light cards appeared only once) but they are worth collecting. That's what I think. My prides in both Dark and Light cards are Holo Dark Crobat and Holo Light Azumarill.

Forbidden Snowflake

take it out on me
When putting cards in a SM deck that are from previous generations (but aren't banned), does it affect the teck's type (expanded and etc.)?

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
I've been out of the loop from the card game and I just wanted to ask what is the ideal deck type in the current Pokemon TCG metagame?

MetalCris

Hi! I want to buy the new set for the 25th anniversary.. But I don't understand if on this week they will be available in Italy.. Thanks

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I've been out of the loop from the card game and I just wanted to ask what is the ideal deck type in the current Pokemon TCG metagame?
I just bought the Battle Academy set as it has three decks ready to be used and everything you need to play minus the Special Conditions markers. The decks can’t cause any Special Conditions but there are some good cards in them including GX. I haven’t found anyone to play the set with yet but it is all up to date with current TGC metagame.

Vindicated30.6

Ace and Aspie, for life and light!
Any idea why not all Mega Evolutions were made into cards? I was trying to complete a national Pokedex in card form, with all regionals and Megas, but some Megas were never turned into cards for some reason...

Scovillain