• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon TCG Questions Thread [general questions]

Fox

Where's my fanfare?
Pokémon TCG Questions Thread [general questions]

Ask any questions you have about the Pokemon Trading Card Game here. If you are wondering what you get in a pack or deck, or perhaps what comes in a set, or which to buy, ask here. Also, if you have a question about something you've gotten from a pack or friend, ask here. If you have a question about any gameplay issues, please click here and you will be taken to the gameplay thread.

Do not expect an immediate response, since this is a forum afterall, but within 24 hours, a reply should be made answering your question.

Do not post saying "Yes, what ______ said was correct." without adding on or explaining a bit more of what the person said.

Do not post saying "______ is wrong." without saying what was wrong about what they said.

Do not ask for Deck Help or suggestions, since there is a Rate My Deck sub-forum.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
What are Anti-Poke Body cards? Can anybody list them?

~╬TöpÃ¥z RîzÃ¥rdon╬~

Well, I got an original pack the other day, and I got a holo Hitmonchan. I just wanted to know if that's rare or anything.

Thanks for helping out!

B

bass_forte

Jigglychu said:
What are Anti-Poke Body cards? Can anybody list them?
Battle Frontier, Mt Moon, Space Station, Feraligatr ex - all I can name off the top of my head. Check Pokébeach for scans and effects.

G

GDW

~*Topaz Charizard*~ said:
Well, I got an original pack the other day, and I got a holo Hitmonchan. I just wanted to know if that's rare or anything.

Thanks for helping out!
I take it your talking about base hitmonchan.

Anyways, it's not really rare. Since the old days the value and rarity of it sky dived to almost nothing really.

Though, if your talking about the fact that it's a holofoil, then yes, it's a bit rare considering it's harder to get foils than regular rare's.

S

salamence373

most of my holos are coming off like stickers, but they are normal and are from a TCG card pack. why is it doing that?

G

GDW

salamence373 said:
most of my holos are coming off like stickers, but they are normal and are from a TCG card pack. why is it doing that?
There have been sets where people have complained about this sorta thing.

It's just a very horrible printing job for the most part.

G

GDW

XSilverStarboyX said:
I dont know if this belongs here but what the heck. Where can I find out where tournaments would be hosted, I would love to battle again;152;
Use this site here: Pokemon-tcg.com

It's the official site for pokemon. They have a tournament finder that you can use, though they only find tournies that are reported in.

twinfrodo

Cascade Trainer
I have a couple of questions so sorry if I sound stupid.
1) I got a promo Ludicolo in this thing at walmart and I was wondering if it is tournament legal?
2) The regular Ditto in Delta Species Energy Link attack can it get special energy cards or just regular energy cards?
3) Haunter from FireRed/LeafGreen it says you may confuse one of your active pokemon is that so you can give pokemon with attacks that have bonuses from special conditions?

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
1. Right now, all new black star promos numbered 027 and up are allowed. Can't remember off the top of my head what number Ludicolo was.

2. It says an "Energy card," so yes, special energies count.

3. That's one thing you can do with it. Also, when you're Confused you can retreat normally, so it's useful if you have a Pokemon that's Paralyzed/Asleep.

Ho-oh Master, the 'Beach has card lists for all the Modified sets, and the main Serebii site should have them for all other ones:

http://pokebeach.com/

Mewbiraxys

Mew The Origin
I saw this EX Collector's Window Tin Pokemon TCG and tried a web search to buy it but they only ship it in uk. Does anyone know a online shop other than ebay that sells the EX Collector's Window Tin Pokemon TCG that also sells all 3 tins in US? Each tin has one of the legendary birds, Articuno ex, Zapdos ex or Moltres ex. And the birds are different from the ex firered/leafgreen series' birds.

Last edited:

TRJessie579

Obsessive Beader/Mod
It's a UK-exclusive product, so ebay is probably your best bet. I haven't heard of a US store selling them.

Fox

Where's my fanfare?

Tabs The Omnipotent Hamster

And yet, it moves!
Mewbiraxys said:
I saw this EX Collector's Window Tin Pokemon TCG and tried a web search to buy it but they only ship it in uk. Does anyone know a online shop other than ebay that sells the EX Collector's Window Tin Pokemon TCG that also sells all 3 tins? Each tin has one of the legendary birds, Articuno ex, Zapdos ex or Moltres ex. And the birds are different from the ex firered/leafgreen series' birds.

it's not UK exclusive. i got one here in the land of plenty.(australia)

I've got a question.
I'm what you call coming out of retirement (haven't bought a pack in almost 1 1/2 years!). What is the best pack to buy?

Kyuukimon

Banned
cameronius said:
I've got a question.
I'm what you call coming out of retirement (haven't bought a pack in almost 1 1/2 years!). What is the best pack to buy?

Depends on what deck you will build. I myself would say EX: Fire Red & Leaf Green as it has Pidgeot, but it depends on your deck.

X

XD:KIRLIA

Ok for 2006 in ohio where are the city tournaments located at?can someone plz give me a link?