• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon that are not from the Regions that they were Introduced in.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Magearna seems to actually come from either Galar or Kalos given its design and the fact it is a mechanical Pokémon and clocks are heavily associated with Europe. Add in the fact that the man in the Antique Store in Alola even states it was shipped from outside of Alola and we definitely know Magearna isn’t from Alola. Personally I’m leaning more towards Galar given the part about it originally being a gift for a princess in the past and the British were known for making various machines. Even the Disney movie The Great Mouse Detective demonstrated how much influence mechanical devices had on the culture.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Given that there are Pokedex entries claiming Melmetal to be 3,000 years old, I can't imagine they're man-made. G-Max Melmetal's entry references 'a distant land' where there are legends about it, so I would assume that place is its native home.

Golett and Golurk also have a similar backstory, as does Magearna (they are based on automatons, which were sort of like early robots). Magearna's Dex entries say it was created and presented to a king 500 years ago, which I always assumed was the king of Kalos (which so far is the only region to have a confirmed royalty). However, Magearna isn't found in any of the Kalos games, but instead makes its debut in Alola, so it could be native to the latter region.

Rune Knight

I personally think that Kalos makes the most sense for Magearna, given its more medieval nature. Plus there is the context of M19 which is set in the Kalos region

Even though it wasn't technically introduced until Gen 7, I would place it on the same exception as Zygarde's Complete Form, introduced during and from Kalos but not made playable until Alola.

I definitely think that Magearna is one of the few exceptions of a previous gen pokemon that wasn't obtainable during its generation; especially considering that it isn't obtainable outside of events, so technically it isn't even obtainable in Alola either.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Rune Knight said:
I personally think that Kalos makes the most sense for Magearna, given its more medieval nature. Plus there is the context of M19 which is set in the Kalos region

Even though it wasn't technically introduced until Gen 7, I would place it on the same exception as Zygarde's Complete Form, introduced during and from Kalos but not made playable until Alola.

I definitely think that Magearna is one of the few exceptions of a previous gen pokemon that wasn't obtainable during its generation; especially considering that it isn't obtainable outside of events, so technically it isn't even obtainable in Alola either.

At the very least, I agree that Magearna doesn't quite fit Alola's tropical island motif. And on that note, I'd say that Volcanion suits Alola better than it suits Kalos.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Given that there are Pokedex entries claiming Melmetal to be 3,000 years old, I can't imagine they're man-made. G-Max Melmetal's entry references 'a distant land' where there are legends about it, so I would assume that place is its native home.
Don't be so hasty. We know there are artificial Pokemon made by humans from ancient times, like the Golett line. 3000 years ago also happens to be the time period of the Relic Items and by extension the Abyssal Ruins, the war AZ was part of, and the Darkest Day. Hmmm...it makes you wonder if there was some sort of advanced prehistoric civilization, only for some sort of cataclysm. It's off by a couple centuries, but what we know happened "3000 years ago" makes me think Pokemon had their own equivalent to a Bronze Age Collapse

Sakuyamon

I always thought Kangaskhan was from another region because it seems like it inhabits deserts or savannahs since it's a kangaroo and that doesn't fit Kanto's environment. Plus it wasn't found in the wild normally in the old Kanto games and was brought over from somewhere to the Safari Zone.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sakuyamon said:
I always thought Kangaskhan was from another region because it seems like it inhabits deserts or savannahs since it's a kangaroo and that doesn't fit Kanto's environment. Plus it wasn't found in the wild normally in the old Kanto games and was brought over from somewhere to the Safari Zone.

I might've believed that in Gen I, but considering that Garura (Kangaskhan) can be found at Rock Mountain Tunnel in Kanto beginning in Gen II, I would say that that's enough to imply that the species really is native to Kanto.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
Either a Regigas, the Regi-trio, or all of them may probably be misplaced or have origins spanning multiple areas:

- Hoenn: The writings on the ruins in Hoenn seem to claim that they created the Golem trio then burried them afterwards. However, there is not enough information if the civilization who did this was based in that region or they just left them there.
- Sinnoh: Just like in Hoenn, but this time for Regigigas, which begs the question of who came first - the trio or the master? There is an existing structure that houses Gigas, and the trio can be found here in Platinum, but the lore is less than can be found in Hoenn.
- Galar: And the status quo just had to be changed by the addition of two more Regis. I don't know how Galar connects to the others as, unfortunately, Gen 8 is pretty light on the lore. The best connection I can come up with is due to the real life mythos of the modern golem legend, but even then that's not British but rather Eastern European.

Last edited:

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Either a Regigas, the Regi-trio, or all of them may probably are misplaced or have origins spanning multiple areas:

- Hoenn: The writings on the ruins in Hoenn seem to claim that they created the Golem trio then burried them afterwards. However, there is not enough information if the civilization who did this was based in that region or they just left them there.
- Sinnoh: Just like in Hoenn, but this time for Regigigas, which begs the question of who came first - the trio or the master? There is an existing structure that houses Gigas, and the trio can be found here in Platinum, but the lore is less than can be found in Hoenn.
- Galar: And the status quo just had to be changed by the addition of two more Regis. I don't know how Galar connects to the others as, unfortunately, Gen 8 is pretty light on the lore. The best connection I can come up with is due to the real life mythos of the modern golem legend, but even then that's not British but rather Eastern European.

The games do say, at least, that Regigigas created Regidrago and Regieleki. It would make sense if Regigigas created the other three as well, which would mean, of course, that Regigigas came first.

Xaby

SW-3553-0104-8530
The games do say, at least, that Regigigas created Regidrago and Regieleki. It would make sense if Regigigas created the other three as well, which would mean, of course, that Regigigas came first.

Agreed. However we now have three possible regions where they all originated. I do hope that will be addressed if the DPPt remake comes around.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Xaby said:

At one point I did wonder if Regice was originally from Shinou (Sinnoh) given the cold environment of the region. Regirock being native to Houen makes sense to me given the arid environment where it was sealed, but that leaves Registeel being somewhat of a mystery.

LucarioIsMegaEvolving

A single misplaced step
At one point I did wonder if Regice was originally from Shinou (Sinnoh) given the cold environment of the region. Regirock being native to Houen makes sense to me given the arid environment where it was sealed, but that leaves Registeel being somewhat of a mystery.
You could argue that Galar has heavy steam-punk vibes that would give credence to Registeel being from there, but Regieleki and Regidraco kind of complicate that, since they both seem to be tied to Galar the most.

Rune Knight

On Bulbapedia it reads:

Regigigas is said to have pulled the continents into place, and then created the titans from an icy mountain, rocks, magma, pure electric energy, and crystallized dragon energy in its image. Regigigas was apparently worshiped at one time, alongside the other three, by ancient people. Due to it being so powerful, Regigigas was sealed away in the basement of the Snowpoint Temple, while the ones it created were spirited to the far-off Hoenn region and locked away in three stone structures, which were then sealed themselves.

This implies that the original Regi Trio is originally not from Hoenn.

I like to think that there is more than one of each Regi, including Regigigas; so it could be that they were all created in different areas by different Regigigas', and then diverted to different places around the world.

It may be that each Regigigas created each Regi who then remained within the same area. For example: One Regigigas may have migrated to Galar and created a set of titans there.

Or there may just be one Regigigas but multiple sets of Regis.

But if we're talking about the very first set of titans that Regigigas created, I believe that the original trio may have originated from Sinnoh and then migrated to Hoenn. While the very first Regigigas is from another land.

This is all theory of course. I may just be looking too far into it based on the games and there may just be one Regigigas and one set of Regis.

Last edited: