• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon that are not from the Regions that they were Introduced in.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Could this be the original form of Yungoos or Gumshoos!? Only time will tell.

I think that "mongoose" was actually a Gastly in disguise.

I always thought Beldum was native to Sinnoh instead of Hoenn because in RSE you can't find Beldum in the wild but there are Beldum swarms north of the Resort Area in DPPt. :]

So Steven probably caught the Beldum he gives to you in Sinnoh. Metang and Metagross can also be rarely found in the wild at the Giant Chasm in Unova, which could be a second option if he had visited Unova at some point.

Budew and Snorlax lines from Sinnoh.

And the Chansey and Sudowoodo lines.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Icy-Snowflake said:
Bellsprout line might be from Johto

Is there any reason to believe that? The Madatsubomi (Bellsprout) line could be found in the wild in half of the Kanto games, so I'm not seeing why we should assume that the species is native to Jouto instead. Yes, I realize that Jouto had the Madatsubomi (Sprout) Tower, but that doesn't imply that the species originated from that region.

Rune Knight

Going by that logic, it would make sense that Digletts are originally from Kanto due to there being a Diglett Cave, and their Kantonian forms predate their Alolan ones.

On Bulbapedia it says: In Alola, Diglett has developed three fine gold whiskers on its head from living in soil with high iron content.

So that indicates that the original Digletts must have changed after they were exposed to minerals.

Icy-Snowflake

Is there any reason to believe that? The Madatsubomi (Bellsprout) line could be found in the wild in half of the Kanto games, so I'm not seeing why we should assume that the species is native to Jouto instead. Yes, I realize that Jouto had the Madatsubomi (Sprout) Tower, but that doesn't imply that the species originated from that region.
I thought that the Bellsprouts originally were very tall (in Johto forests) and later reduced in size to adapt to various habitats. I realised it could be the opposite and that specific Bellsprout might be a mutant. I might've been wrong.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Going by that logic, it would make sense that Digletts are originally from Kanto due to there being a Diglett Cave, and their Kantonian forms predate their Alolan ones.

On Bulbapedia it says: In Alola, Diglett has developed three fine gold whiskers on its head from living in soil with high iron content.

So that indicates that the original Digletts must have changed after they were exposed to minerals.

On the topic of regional variants, it's said that Alolan Exeggutor is its "true" appearance, meaning the smaller and squatter-looking Kantonian Exeggutor is a regional variant in itself. Some of (Kantonian) Exeggutor's Dex entries say it originally came from the tropics, meaning Exeggutor may not be native to Kanto, but Alola instead. Galarian Zigzagoon is also said to be the oldest form of Zigzagoon, possibly pre-dating the Hoennian form, which could suggest that Galarian Zigzagoon who were introduced to Hoenn changed their form and demeanour over time.

Galarian Stunfisk is another regional variant who owes their appearance change to minerals; they developed their form in Galar from living in mud with a high iron content, gaining the Steel type in the process.

Well if you think about it, it must have transformed itself after something that it had seen, something that already existed.

Kind of like Ditto?

Last edited:

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
I don't think Corsola was naturally native to Johto because one of the old Dex entries says that they exist in a southern sea nation and that made it sound like they live in warm waters normally.

I always thought they came from Hoenn or Alola and that Johto isn't their natural home because it's not a warm region.

Rune Knight

I don't think Corsola was naturally native to Johto because one of the old Dex entries says that they exist in a southern sea nation and that made it sound like they live in warm waters normally.

I always thought they came from Hoenn or Alola and that Johto isn't their natural home because it's not a warm region.

I definitely think Alola.

Speaking of tropical areas. I thought of Tropius perhaps not being native to Hoenn, and instead it is from a region based on Africa as suggested by Pokémon Go.

In fact, a lot of the Pokémon Go regionals might be reflections of where they are actually from. Just an idea, and definitely not all of them.

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
Speaking of tropical areas. I thought of Tropius perhaps not being native to Hoenn, and instead it is from a region based on Africa as suggested by Pokémon Go.

Or it could be from Alola. I'd sort of see it as being a competitor with Alolan Exeggutor there.

Rune Knight

If we do eventually get an Australia region, I would like them to either further build upon Kanghaskhan or introduce a brand new Kangaroo that looks closer to a real Kangaroo.

Preferably the latter, which is why I've been hesitating to say that Kanghaskhan is from Australia.

MrJechgo

If we do eventually get an Australia region, I would like them to either further build upon Kanghaskhan or introduce a brand new Kangaroo that looks closer to a real Kangaroo.

Preferably the latter, which is why I've been hesitating to say that Kanghaskhan is from Australia.
You'll probably get a regional Psyduck and Golduck as Water/Poison before that :p

Still... here's something worth thinking about: almost every region has the same ecosystems, with snowy mountains, southern islands, caverns, forests and such :p I have yet to see jungles, savannahs or even sewers, crawlign with Poison types and vermin-liem Pokémon like Rattatas.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
You'll probably get a regional Psyduck and Golduck as Water/Poison before that :p

Still... here's something worth thinking about: almost every region has the same ecosystems, with snowy mountains, southern islands, caverns, forests and such :p I have yet to see jungles, savannahs or even sewers, crawlign with Poison types and vermin-liem Pokémon like Rattatas.

Well, there's Lush Jungle in Alola and Castelia Sewers in Unova.

By and large, though, the most common ecosystems you see in Pokémon games correspond with ecosystems found in Japan. I suspect this is why we haven't had much desert compared to those above-mentioned biomes.