• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon that could work in other game series

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
The other day I was drawing a bunch of Mario enemies and threw a Pokémon in there (I can’t remember which one) and it really didn’t look out of place. That got me to thinking, some Pokémon would only work in their home series but quite a few others could probably cross over rather well.

For example, Hatenna already looks like a Kirby character but thinking it through A LOT of Gen 7’s Pokémon could cross over into Kirby’s world fairly easily; the art style for that generation in particular just suits it.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Mewtwo could work as a more morally ambiguous/unconventional fighter take on Cell

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Surprised no one summoned digimon lol

Nyter

Island Challenger
I think Grimmsnarl would make a great Duel Monster with 2100 ATK and 1400 Def with a Special Effect of being able to nullify all trap cards when initiating an attack on an opponent (due to its False Surrender move)...

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
So in response to someone on Reddit saying Bruxish and Crabominable are the “duds” of Gen 7…

They would actually both work really well as Mario enemies in my opinion. Their exaggerated features fit with some of the later badniks in the series.

(And also, if they’re the duds, then I’d say the Gen 7 roster is pretty successful because I still like them too in their own weird way).

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Yeah, but I remember reading some people said the gen 3 pokémon seem to be out of Digimon.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Zubat would work in any game with a cave.

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
Zubat would work in any game with a cave.
I could totally see Zubat as a Legend of Zelda baddie; not sure about its evolutions though

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Some of the K9-ish pkmn would be fun to unlock in something like Nintendogs.
Here's a first stage pokemon who would fit in. But i wonder about if of art styles would be changed to fit the family friendly Nintendogs style. Which is called Little Friends on switch

Rockruff
Growlithe
Arcanine
Eevee
Litten Meowth and Glameow (most likely in a both cats/dogs crossover version or cat exclusive game)

Last edited:

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Oh and Eiscue is definitely a Mario Boss. Don't ask me how it just is
Stonjourner could also work as a Mario enemy or mini boss. It could act like a larger version of the Whomp only much bigger and capable of crushing Mario with its foot. Several of the piscine Pokémon also could work as Mario enemies as Mario has encountered all sorts of different types of fish that look vastly different.

Ditto would be interesting to see in several games as an enemy where it turns into the main character and you fight it while it has all of your attacks and weapons (it’s a video game and it doesn’t need to make sense all the time) and is equal in strength with you. Ditto would sort of be like Dark Link and other similar characters.

TwilightBlade

I always thought Hawlucha looked kind of Digmon-ish so it could've been a proper character in the Digimon games. Also Qwilfish could've worked as a Mario game enemy creature.

Monox D. I-Fly

Literally any Pokemon based on Japanese Folklore > Yokai Watch. It just makes too much sense to me.

Most Pokemon aren't covered in belts, so they can't be Digimon lol.
Even without belts, Garchomp wouldn't be too out of place in Digimon.

Also, Sableye looks like an X-antibody Digimon.