• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon that shouldn´t evolved and Pokémon that should evolve instead

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
packerdan said:
So, when you think about what needs an evolution, think about whether or not it fits any of that criteria. Cyndaquil was winning battles without the need to evolve into a Quilava (which, for the record, is my favorite pokemon), so although it certaintly was deserved, it wasn't necessary. Chikorita, however, lost all the time, so in order for it to stay a decent member of the team, needed a saving grace, aka evolution.

You wanna bet if anything Chickorita was doing about the same as Cyndaquil even before it evolved, just because Cyndaquil had more gym wins over Chickorita/Bayleed does it mean it was better enough to not evolve, the way i look at it either one of them could've evolved during Jouto and why they went with Chickorita...i have no idea.

The only pokemon that has ever *needed* to evolve was Torkoal so that maybe the writers wouldn't give the poor guy the shaft every time he battled. Here's to hoping that D/P has a Torkoal evolution.

I can sort of agree with this one, cause after the way it got shafted in the Hoenn region it kinda needs an evolved form to be somewhat decent anymore.

SuperSonic said:
-Cyndaquil would be cool as a quilava, but what I would like to see is not just to evolve during a battle, as it would take away from ash's ability as a trainer, but before a battle, have ash see the trouble in having a newly evolved pokemon and have ash and quilava stay up all night or something and rise to the occasion. Showing what a good trainer Ash is.

In my honest opinion Ash was done being a good trainer the day he released Charizard, but i don't really feel like getting into that. Sure he had his good moments in Hoenn but until he learns to combine Skill(most of his hoenn fights) with Power(Pretty much any match with Charizard/Snorlax/Heracross/ any OHKO fests) he's never gonna be a good trainer.

-Grovyle fits into the team pretty well now, and is a very good fighter, its not evolving for a while, and thats fine with me.

I disagree, he may seem like he fits, but recently he's been getting his butt kicked instead of the other way around, and i forgot who mentioned it but, someone was saying something about if Mudkip evolved which it did then soon Grovyle and Combusken probably will since the writers try to focus mor on them then Mudkip, and i don't know how many times i have to say this... i really hope it does evolve so that way Ash can finally have another Starter finally evolve to it's third form other than Charizard.

James
-Cacnea I dont think it will evolve. Same for manene.
Now what James needs is to catch more pokemon of reasonable ability.

Cacnea should evolve soon it's been getting stale lately.

Brock
-Marshtomp is fine
He needs Ludicolo back

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am GLAD Ludicolo is gone, play Colloseum or XD and i'm pretty sure your preception of it will change.

May
-Munchlax isn't going to evolve. Its actually pretty effective right now.
-Squirtle, as cool as a Wartortle might be, especially how they've been doing 2nd stages lately, its probably not going to happen.
-Bulbasaur same as Squirtle.

Agreed with you on her, but her combusken my need to evolve soon unless she catches some really powerful pokemon for her team.

Thriller

Its almost time
I wish people would know the difference between a 'want' and a 'need.'

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am GLAD Ludicolo is gone, play Colloseum or XD and i'm pretty sure your preception of it will change.

Um, What? How dare you insult Ludy. Whats wrong with it in Colloseum and XD?

Komedic Konservationist

N00b in the dungeon!
I hope none of the gang's Pokemon evolve. Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert and Crawdaunt are all HIDEOUS and having a sh*tload of butt-ugly powerhouses would suck the soul out of Pokemon. Phanpy is liscenced to evolve however. Donphan isn't an eyesore, and Ash shouldn't have bothered have bothered dragging it on this new adventure if nothing's going to happen to it.
On the subject of Snorunt, evolving it was neccasary for it to become a competent battler, but it's a pity it evolves into some fugly demon hockey mask, because Snorunt is a very cute and interesting pokemon, and it's a shame it goes all minging. I'd have prefered a giant eskimo thingy with fierce eyes, sharp horns, a fur lining, and big paws rather of some random head, but that's just my opinion.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Ash's pokemon:
Bayleef, it is a powerhouse, has had lots of battles, Ash deserves a stage 2 johto starter, but Meganium is over used

Corphish, the Crawdaunt sterio type needs to end, plus Corphish might want to evolve!

Phanpy, Phanpy just realy needs to evolve, as a phanpy it is a weakling but as a Donphan it would pwn!

Squirtle: has lots of experiance, deserves to evolve

May:
Squirtle, possibly when it gets older, I don't want two people having the same pokemon.

Bulbasaur, same as Squirtle, plus Ash's never evolved and I don't want two people having the same pokemon

Skitty, it needs to evolve, Delcatty rule!

Combusken, Blaziken rule and May could realy need a powerhouse like Blaziken

Brock:
Geodude, but I can't think of a good reason

TR:
none, if cacnea evolved it would be to much of a challenge for Ash and co, and the writers want Ash to always win

JazzJazz

A lot of people are saying phanpy should evolve. While I'd like to see this happen (I always like evolutions in the anime), I don't see it as essential as I think there's still a lot of ways that phanpy can develop in its current form.

Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert and Crawdaunt are all HIDEOUS and having a sh*tload of butt-ugly powerhouses would suck the soul out of Pokemon.
SACRILEGE!
Dude, saying Grovyle won't evolve is like saying McCain won't run for president in '08. It's bound to happen, hopefully soon.
I agree with you on Swampert and Crawdaunt, and I don't think those evolutions are likely.
Corphish, the Crawdaunt sterio type needs to end, plus Corphish might want to evolve!
As so many have said before, Corphish is unlikely to keep its unique personality upon evolving.

V

Volt Tackle

Churly said:
I wish people would know the difference between a 'want' and a 'need.'

Um, What? How dare you insult Ludy. Whats wrong with it in Colloseum and XD?

A trainer called Miror B uses tons of those.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Yeah and they continously stall you.

Crawdaunt isn't ugly. He's just scary looking. Besides, why can't the gang have nasty looking Pokemon (like Glalie).

Komedic Konservationist

N00b in the dungeon!
Infinite Master Sceptile said:
SACRILEGE!
Dude, saying Grovyle won't evolve is like saying McCain won't run for president in '08. It's bound to happen, hopefully soon.
I agree with you on Swampert and Crawdaunt, and I don't think those evolutions are likely.

As so many have said before, Corphish is unlikely to keep its unique personality upon evolving.
I'm not saying Grovyle isn't going to evolve, I'm just saying I don't want it too. It's got more style and grace than Sceptile, in my opinion. Sceptile looks kind of goofy, and I doubt the animators will be able to incorparate Grovyle's fighting style into such a huge, angular beast. Plus, Pokemon always seem to evolve because they're weak as ***** or because they gain a new move/typing when they evolve.
Plus, sorry to say so, but you're probably biased.

Rudoku

Your mom
master chuckle said:
Plus, Pokemon always seem to evolve because they're weak as ***** or because they gain a new move/typing when they evolve.
And who's been getting their butt whupped a lot? That's right...

Komedic Konservationist

N00b in the dungeon!
I still hope Grovyle dosn't evolve, or any Pokemon bar Phanpy. I am strictly anti-evolution. I've mentioned why. To me, it would be a horrible blow if anyone evolved and I would ditch the anime straight away as a result. Hopefuly the 4th Gen will arrive before the writers have a chance to do anything nasty like evolve Grovyle/Corpish and they'll get dumped at Oak's so they won't get any experience and will spend the rest of there lives as non-hideous youngsters.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Oy, why don't you ditch the show right here and now because.

OMMFG, Pokemon R going 2 be evil and evolve just to screw with your head. LOLZ.

Seriously, because they aren't cute pudgy little living plush toys you hate them? I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
master chuckle said:
I still hope Grovyle dosn't evolve, or any Pokemon bar Phanpy. I am strictly anti-evolution. I've mentioned why. To me, it would be a horrible blow if anyone evolved and I would ditch the anime straight away as a result. Hopefuly the 4th Gen will arrive before the writers have a chance to do anything nasty like evolve Grovyle/Corpish and they'll get dumped at Oak's so they won't get any experience and will spend the rest of there lives as non-hideous youngsters.

I'd like to point out that, without Swellow, Grovyle and Glalie, Ash wouldn't have even made it to the Hoenn League. Could Treecko take down a Slaking? Could Taillow beat Winona's Swellow? And imagine a League without Glalie!

Komedic Konservationist

N00b in the dungeon!
The Big Al said:
Oy, why don't you ditch the show right here and now because.

OMMFG, Pokemon R going 2 be evil and evolve just to screw with your head. LOLZ.

Seriously, because they aren't cute pudgy little living plush toys you hate them? I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.
That's not what I meant. I mean't I'm happy with them the way they are. And I was never really that interested in the show anyways, I just go along with it. The pokemon arn't that cutsey in there current forms. And as I said, Phanpy should evolve, I was referring to the Starters and Corpish. And I like plenty of meanies: why else would I have an Ursaring on my avatar? I like cool pokemon as much as cute pokemon. Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert and Crawdaunt arn't cool or cute, there just plain UGLY!!!!
Sorry about that little rant.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Let's use Pokemon people actually have by the end of the game. Honestly, who cares if their ugly? It's deosn't mean they can't be characters.

Sceptile looks kind of goofy, and I doubt the animators will be able to incorparate Grovyle's fighting style into such a huge, angular beast.
Grrrr...
In the Hoenn League, Tetsuya used a Sceptile, and there's no way you could describe it as huge or angular. Sceptile has essentially the same fighting style, and in the games it is one of the fastest Pokemon available.

Komedic Konservationist

N00b in the dungeon!
The Big Al said:
Let's use Pokemon people actually have by the end of the game. Honestly, who cares if their ugly? It's deosn't mean they can't be characters.
All I was trying to get across is that I don't like those particular Pokemon. What bugs me is that everyone wants all the pokemon to evolve. You should be happy the starters evolved at all, and now you want them to evolve again? In the anime, evolutions are really big events. Be content atleast 5 of the gang's pokemon have gotten to were they are today.

JazzJazz

The Big Al said:

Even if they are classified by some as "ugly", in the hands of the animators and writers they can be made to have fun characters and actually appear to be nice critters.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Evolution is a major event, but all pokemon who can evolve should. Many cultures and species have "rites of passage" where you officially become an adult. In the pokemon world, that is evolution. There are too many Peter Pans on the team that are neglecting the natural order of the pokemon world, where you evolve to the highest form possible. Some are more rebelious, like Pikachu, whose evolution by stone isn't really natural and does give it a choice. Skipping evolution is like skipping puberty, as I have often stated. Some will try to remain children forever, but they will never be considered normal if they do. End. Of. Story.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
True, I'd laugh until I'd wheeze to see Crawdaunt tackle Ash and act all happy to see him. Not to mention they could break down a lot of stereotypes.