• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon that shouldn´t evolved and Pokémon that should evolve instead

Komedic Konservationist

N00b in the dungeon!
JazzJazz said:
Even if they are classified by some as "ugly", in the hands of the animators and writers they can be made to have fun characters and actually appear to be nice critters.
You have a point. Manene looked like crap at first but when it got intraduced into the show it turned out to be one of the cutest critters of all time. Despite all this, I don't like the idea of having Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert and Crawdaunt on the team. It just dosn't seem right.

JazzJazz

master chuckle said:
You have a point. Manene looked like crap at first but when it got intraduced into the show it turned out to be one of the cutest critters of all time. Despite all this, I don't like the idea of having Sceptile, Blaziken, Swampert and Crawdaunt on the team. It just dosn't seem right.

It might not seems right now, but the same thing that happened with manene (for you, at least) could happen with these evolved pokemon. Once they're in the show and are given their own, unique characters you may end up warming to them...

JazzJazz

DEMONCAMERUPT said:
Phanpy must evolve and so must Combustken, Marshtomp, Grovyle, Corphish and Ashy-boys Totodile.

No pokemon ever needs to evolve... it just happens when the writers create the right situation. Evolution doesn't happen just for the sake of it, despite what some people may desire.

Komedic Konservationist

N00b in the dungeon!
JazzJazz said:
No pokemon ever needs to evolve... it just happens when the writers create the right situation. Evolution doesn't happen just for the sake of it, despite what some people may desire.
Well said JazzJazz!

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
JazzJazz said:

Actually.... Juptor does "need" to evolve. If he doesn't evolve, it completely goes against the personality that's been established for him ever since he was caught. I don't give a damn if Jukain appears ugly and sluggish (which can still be proven wrong considering we barely got to see much of Tetsuya's Jukain), seeing him fulfill his dream of becoming as strong as he could possibly be and not continually be tossed around (as has been occuring with him lately) is what matters (that, and I personally think it'd be nice if some other Pokemon could share the spotlight with Lizardon as the fully-evolved starter trump card).... oddly enough, they haven't touched much on Juptor's stubborn personality ever since it refused to be recalled when going against Senri's Kekking. It's been losing battles left and right since then and could care less. It couldn't be that the writers are leaving his potential character development in the dust, could it? I really hope not, but with how high these writers usually are, it wouldn't be too surprising.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
How many times has Corphish been left in the dust? So many evolution episodes have humiliated it, as less experienced pokemon evolve as opposed to him. It hasn't been done lately, but it should. It was being set up ever since grovyle evolved, and now we've been let down.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Yamato-san said:
Actually.... Juptor does "need" to evolve. If he doesn't evolve, it completely goes against the personality that's been established for him ever since he was caught. I don't give a damn if Jukain appears ugly and sluggish (which can still be proven wrong considering we barely got to see much of Tetsuya's Jukain), seeing him fulfill his dream of becoming as strong as he could possibly be and not continually be tossed around (as has been occuring with him lately) is what matters (that, and I personally think it'd be nice if some other Pokemon could share the spotlight with Lizardon as the fully-evolved starter trump card).... oddly enough, they haven't touched much on Juptor's stubborn personality ever since it refused to be recalled when going against Senri's Kekking. It's been losing battles left and right since then and could care less. It couldn't be that the writers are leaving his potential character development in the dust, could it? I really hope not, but with how high these writers usually are, it wouldn't be too surprising.

personally i hope Grovyle does soon, the fact that Mudkip evolved recently when it was the most neglected of the hoenn starters, and the fact that Grovyle has been on quite a losing streak outside of wild pokemon and TR battles it better, sure that the writers control the evolutions but after three freaking regions it's about time one of the starter pokemon other than Charizard got some !@#$%^ &^*& and evolved to it's highest form.

JazzJazz

Almighty Zard said:
the fact that Mudkip evolved recently when it was the most neglected of the hoenn starters

We don't know how much experience mudkip had before it joined Brock, it may have been quite a seasoned battler... but, remember also, that experience isn't the only thing behind evolutions in the anime.

Mizu Kasumi

The Mist
I think Ash's Glalie (Don't mind if I spell it wrong) shouldn't have evolved... And his Phanpy shouldn't have... It was so cute and it was strong as itself already...

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
This is the Spoiler section so you can say Donphan. I'm glad it evolved.

Grovyle remiands me of the Lions. At first he rocked, now he's losing and has even been embarassed by a stupid Luvdisc.

However, Corphish needed to evolve. He's been left in the dust and deserves an evolution.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
The Big Al said:
However, Corphish needed to evolve. He's been left in the dust and deserves an evolution.

Amen to that! Corphish deserves it. I'm glad that it didn't beat that Crawdaunt a few episodes back! We have foreshadowing, people!

Ash has always wanted Donphan- he now has one!
Treecko lost to a Grovyle- didn't take long to evolve from there!
May cheacked up on Torchics' evolution in the 'dex very early on- it was only a season and a half away!
And more that I won't bother going into details with...

L

Lovely May

May's Combusken shouldn't evolve. Blaziken is cool but it wouldn't be good for her team. Baby Squirtle, baby Munchlax and huge Blaziken. Combusken has a cool personality (Torchic has been sweet) and is a "boss" of her team.
I'm really happy because Phanpy has evolved^^ Donphan is ok and now Ash's team looks more professional.

Mizu Kasumi

The Mist
The Big Al said:
This is the Spoiler section so you can say Donphan. I'm glad it evolved.

Grovyle remiands me of the Lions. At first he rocked, now he's losing and has even been embarassed by a stupid Luvdisc.

Lol. Yeah, I quickly edited it after I realized which forum I was in. Lol. I actually forgot I was in the spoilers. I like Donphan, though Phanpy was more to me.... I guess.

Lovely May said:
May's Combusken shouldn't evolve. Blaziken is cool but it wouldn't be good for her team. Baby Squirtle, baby Munchlax and huge Blaziken. Combusken has a cool personality (Torchic has been sweet) and is a "boss" of her team.
I'm really happy because Phanpy has evolved^^ Donphan is ok and now Ash's team looks more professional.

Well, it does sorta not go with her cute Pokemon theme. But May's getting tougher, so bigger and not as cute Pokemon would fit her more now... I think. Plus, Blaziken's cool...

Last edited:

DSRGBA

yeah the johto team is laughable (totodile,cyndaquil etc) compared to this team

simple fact is,snorunt is the god damned coolest mother in the world,and it evolving was a complete and utter **** up.

Other than that,phanpy shouldn't have,and corphish,grovyle,totodile,cynders,squirtle,bulba, shoudl NEVER move on form what they are now.

I'd liek to see meganium though.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
I think that Ashs team needs NO MORE evolutions. I didn't want Snorunt to evolve. Lets look at Ashs Pokemon

Un-evolved: Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Corphish

Non evolving: Torkoal, Heracross, Snorlax, Tauros

Evolved: Donphan, Grovyle, Swellow, Glalie, Beyleaf, Noctowl, Kingler, Muk

Ash has enough evolved Pokemon as it is. He doesn't need any more evolutions until the 4th generation where his 4th generation Pokemon can be to stars of evolution topics.

PLUS we can't have Corphish evolve, hes the only Houen Pokemon Ash has that hasn't evolved except Torkoal who can't evolve anyway. Ash only has 2 unevolved Pokemon from each region (Kanto - Bulbasaur and Pikachu, Johto - Cyndaquil and Totodile) but Corphish is the only one from Houen unevolved. Keep him as he is.

Oh and lets not forget most of Ashs released Pokemon are final stage Pokemon or Pokemon that don't evolve anyway. If Ashs team becomes all evolved theres a chance he might release some which I'm sure you don't want

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Gaiash said:
I think that Ashs team needs NO MORE evolutions. I didn't want Snorunt to evolve. Lets look at Ashs Pokemon

Un-evolved: Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Corphish

Non evolving: Torkoal, Heracross, Snorlax, Tauros

Evolved: Donphan, Grovyle, Swellow, Glalie, Beyleaf, Noctowl, Kingler, Muk

Ash has enough evolved Pokemon as it is. He doesn't need any more evolutions until the 4th generation where his 4th generation Pokemon can be to stars of evolution topics.

PLUS we can't have Corphish evolve, hes the only Houen Pokemon Ash has that hasn't evolved except Torkoal who can't evolve anyway. Ash only has 2 unevolved Pokemon from each region (Kanto - Bulbasaur and Pikachu, Johto - Cyndaquil and Totodile) but Corphish is the only one from Houen unevolved. Keep him as he is.

Oh and lets not forget most of Ashs released Pokemon are final stage Pokemon or Pokemon that don't evolve anyway. If Ashs team becomes all evolved theres a chance he might release some which I'm sure you don't want

Remember that Bayleef and Grovyle can evolve again. Once isn't enough when there are two potential evolutions!

Some day soon, Grovyle will battle one of the Frontier Brains as a Sceptile (possibly Brandon, as he's the last one and all) and he is going to win. I will give up on the show if Grovyle never evolves.

Win Count for Grovyle (since evolution) in Trainer Battles:

Random Trainer's Golduck in "Double Dilemna"
Norman's Slaking
Winona's Altaria
Rocky's Quagsire and Walrien with Pikachu
Ryuuga's Quilava with Glalie's help
Kaede's Walrien
Masemune's Steelix
That wild Onix, worth a mention

Loss Count:

Winona's Swellow
Drake's Altaria
Adan's Luvdisc
Ryuuga's Charizard
Masemune's Gligar
Tetsuya's Metagross
Greta's Hariyama

And there may well be some that I've missed.

I think that this list speaks for itself. Grovyle can't keep up in leagues and Frontier Spots while still being its kick-*** self. Shame, really.

Viva Les Evolutions!

L

Lovely May

Snorunt conservationist said:
simple fact is,snorunt is the god damned coolest mother in the world,and it evolving was a complete and utter **** up.
Yep, Snorunt had a cool personality. Glalie is different; it tries to be friendly but isn't so funny and cool anymore. Is much more mature. Snorunt wasn't strong but I didn't want it to evolve. Ash left Glalie with Oak anyway.
ChaosMage said:
Remember that Bayleef and Grovyle can evolve again. Once isn't enough when there are two potential evolutions!
I'm afraid, Ash will not take Bayleef anymore but I would like to see Meganium. I remember, only Charmander evolved two times, so maybe its time for Bayleef or Grovyle.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
ChaosMage said:

Some day soon, Grovyle will battle one of the Frontier Brains as a Sceptile (possibly Brandon, as he's the last one and all) and he is going to win. I will give up on the show if Grovyle never evolves.

Win Count for Grovyle (since evolution) in Trainer Battles:

Random Trainer's Golduck in "Double Dilemna"
Norman's Slaking
Winona's Altaria
Rocky's Quagsire and Walrien with Pikachu
Ryuuga's Quilava with Glalie's help
Kaede's Walrien
Masemune's Steelix
That wild Onix, worth a mention

Loss Count:

Winona's Swellow
Drake's Altaria
Adan's Luvdisc
Ryuuga's Charizard
Masemune's Gligar
Tetsuya's Metagross
Greta's Hariyama

And there may well be some that I've missed.

I think that this list speaks for itself. Grovyle can't keep up in leagues and Frontier Spots while still being its kick-*** self. Shame, really.

Viva Les Evolutions!
The Pokemon anime is not about evolutions and is not just about battles.

Oh and I may add if Ash does get Sceptile then he'll end up being well like Charizard and we KNOW what happened to him, he left as did Pidgeot.

Evolutions are not what the anime is about!