• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon that shouldn´t evolved and Pokémon that should evolve instead

DSRGBA

charizard wasnt released its in training to be called upon at any time

L

Lovely May

Gaiash said:
The Pokemon anime is not about evolutions and is not just about battles.
Evolutions are not what the anime is about!
Evolution is a part of almost every pokemon. If Ash's pokemon evolve anime will be more interesting.
Ash is an advanced trainer and he should have professional team.
I know, the anime is not the game boy game, but people who play games evolve almost all pokemon, so we should see some evolved pokemon in the anime too.

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
Gaiash said:

Maybe not as much, but Ash has needed these evolutions for ages. All through Kanto and Johto, Ash has had baby pokemon. Know that he has matured as a trainer, it was about time that he got the evolutions to go with it.

His new Donphan is a good example of this.

Rudoku

Your mom
Gaiash said:
Yeah, it's about crappy filler and TR getting blasted away.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Gaiash said:
Umm...the pokémon animé is about battling. Why do you think they take part in battles almost every single episode? Why do you think the entire plot revolves around battling?
The show has a few more elements to the story such as friendship and respecting nature, but there's no denying that pokémon battling is the strongest aspect of the show.

Oh and I may add if Ash does get Sceptile then he'll end up being well like Charizard and we KNOW what happened to him, he left as did Pidgeot.
Whats your point? They're all going to be shipped off and reduced to Catch n' Oaks in the end. Thats how this show works.

Evolution goes hand in hand with battling. Evolution is about strength and growth, which enables a creature to earn more victories. Its not a mjaor plot point, but it helps when it comes down to battling, because it makes things a lot more interesting. And as I said...battling is one of the main elements of this show.

And as Lovely May kindly pointed out, it does make Ash look like a more qualified trainer. It shows that he's grown up and his battling skills have increased. And I, personally, think its a wonderful touch.

I suppose if we had it your way, we'd be stuck with a team consisting of Treeko, Taillow, Pikachu, Corphish and Phanpy, ne? And Munchlax would be popping out in every scene.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Gaiash said:
No but is an important part of it. Not to mention evolution is a form of developement. We see a little Pokemon grow into a bigger one and mature at least physically. The character is then developed through the plot. However, the Pokemon should eventaully evolve to their final forms to realize their complete potential. Especially for the leagues.
Oh and I may add if Ash does get Sceptile then he'll end up being well like Charizard and we KNOW what happened to him, he left as did Pidgeot.
Charizard does come back when he's needed so he's not gone. Though, Pidgeot should return. Ash said he'd return for her.
It's a part of the anime none the less. You can't have an anime based on a game in which one of the points is to train your creatures to their final forms and deny their anime counterparts that. Not mention the show loses its realism when the unevolved Pokemon are beating fully evolved Pokemon for decent reason which was a my pet peave I had with post Koga Kanto.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
If you're a fan of unevolving babies, wait until D/P starts, or concentrate on May. We have a season and a half of each generation before the little guys evolve. After that, it's only natural that they all evolve and become stronger. The Kanto Battle Frontier was a fresh start for May and a continuation for Ash and Brock, as well as May's Combusken and Ash's Phanpy. This time next year, there will be unevolved pokemon galore from the next generation, but for now you'll just have to accept that Grovyle, Combusken, Corphish and Marshtomp CAN evolve, and should.

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Gravy said:
Umm...the pokémon animé is about battling. Why do you think they take part in battles almost every single episode? Why do you think the entire plot revolves around battling?
The show has a few more elements to the story such as friendship and respecting nature, but there's no denying that pokémon battling is the strongest aspect of the show.
I said its not JUST about battling as in battling isn't the only thing its about, the word JUST was there you know.

ChaosMage said:
If you're a fan of unevolving babies, wait until D/P starts, or concentrate on May. We have a season and a half of each generation before the little guys evolve. After that, it's only natural that they all evolve and become stronger. The Kanto Battle Frontier was a fresh start for May and a continuation for Ash and Brock, as well as May's Combusken and Ash's Phanpy. This time next year, there will be unevolved pokemon galore from the next generation, but for now you'll just have to accept that Grovyle, Combusken, Corphish and Marshtomp CAN evolve, and should.
The only main Pokemon to be considered babys are Larvitar, Phanpy, Togepi and the pre-evolved Pokemon. First stage Pokemon are NOT babys, have you forgoten that Bulbasaur that was in the sewer since its trainer was a kid and now its trainer has little hair left? That Bulbasaurs no baby.

NO Pokemon needs to evolve. Some may evolve as time goes by but you'll have to learn that there can be too many evolutions.

Last edited:

onix lord

Hm...for pokemon that I think should evolve...

Ash's Team:
Totodile- I definitely think that Ash should take around Totodile and atleast get it to evolve to Croconaw. I think he would be good with it and it would be interesting to see
Haunter- I know its not very likely, but if when traveling back through Kanto he gets his Haunter back, I'd like to see Ash with a Gengar.
Cyndaquil- I would really really like to see Cyndaquil evolve. Quilava is so awesome. I really make you wonder why writers chose to evolve only one of the Johto starters and only once.

Brock's Team:
Geodude- I really think that Brock's brother should give him his old pokemon back. I always thought that we'd see Brock someday with a Golem. Come on Brock, let's get out of this water pokemon stage.
Onix- Same with Geodude. Brock would be awesome with a Steelix.

James' Team:
Cacnea- He's had it for a very long time. James with a Cacturne would be amazing. I think its time for Cacnea to evolve.

May's Team:
Squirtle- Even though she just got it and it's still a baby, I would like to see May with a Wartortle. With the writers Expert writing, I wouldnt be surprised if we actually do see a Wartortle soon.

Misty's Team:
Horsea- Misty with a Seadra or Kingdra would be awesome. If she comes back that is...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I think it's obvious that we'll see Ash with a Sceptile before AG ends. Heck, I'm willing to bet May will have a Blaziken too someday, especially since it'll be on her team forever since it's her starter Pokemon. (May without Combusken would be like Ash without Pikachu, she's never gonna leave it behind).

Brock's Mudkip becoming a Marshtompt is probably an indication of this. Mudkip was left out for a long time, and is now finally on equal ground with Grovyle and Combusken again. However, I think it's likely that Grovyle and Combusken will evolve again, and Marshtompt will once again remain one form below them.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Gaiash said:
NO Pokemon needs to evolve. Some may evolve as time goes by but you'll have to learn that there can be too many evolutions.
Actually, they do need to evolve. Do you think Treecko would have been half the fighter Grovyle is? Do you think Torchic would do anything? Tailow stank like a Gloom but now Swellow is one of Ash's power hitters.

Simply put. YOU'RE WRONG!

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
The Big Al said:
Actually, they do need to evolve. Do you think Treecko would have been half the fighter Grovyle is? Do you think Torchic would do anything? Tailow stank like a Gloom but now Swellow is one of Ash's power hitters.

Simply put. YOU'RE WRONG!
no I am right. Treecko with the right training could be as tough as Grovyle. Taillow was a good Pokemon but didn't get much screen time. Torchic was quite a good Pokemon, I was shocked when it evolved to be honest.

Quite simply it is you who is wrong Big Al. And besides you should KNOW that I don't change my mind so easily plus you ALSO know how I get when defending first stage Pokemon! So if I were you Big Al I'd SHUT UP!

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Gaiash said:
no I am right. Treecko with the right training could be as tough as Grovyle. Taillow was a good Pokemon but didn't get much screen time. Torchic was quite a good Pokemon, I was shocked when it evolved to be honest.
LMAO! I thought you were an idiot. Now I know you're delusional. Are you watching the same anime I am? Because if you honestly believe what you're saying, you're not. Especially Torchic who couldn't win a battle to save its life.
Quite simply it is you who is wrong Big Al. And besides you should KNOW that I don't change my mind so easily plus you ALSO know how I get when defending first stage Pokemon! So if I were you Big Al I'd SHUT UP!
You confuse me for someone who cares how you get defending first stage Pokemon.

I like some first stage Pokemon. Magnemite is my favorite Pokemon and it's a first stage. However, I see evolution as an impotant part of the anime. Especially in the late stages.

Last edited:

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Gaiash said:

I'd like to see Treecko take down half of the opponents that Grovyle has. Could Treecko have beaten a fully grown Slaking? And Kaede's Walrien was no laughing matter! Treecko was tough, but it lost its flair when the battles got tougher (just like is happening to Grovyle now)

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Gaiash said:
What the hell?
You said no Pokemon needs to evolve. I provided examples of Pokemon who needed to evolve. You gave an impossible scenario as a counter arguement. We debunk that and in response you cry "gang up". That's unreasonable.

Also, I personally blame you for a few things last year so you've always been on my bad side.

MasterJedi

Coral Eye Trainer
Stop not caring about other people's opinions.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
MasterJedi said:
Stop not caring about other people's opinions.
I care about many people's opinions. I just don't care about his.