• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon that shouldn´t evolved and Pokémon that should evolve instead

V Faction

www.faction.com
Gaiash said:
Stop ganging up on me!
You brought it on yourself.

Get off this site and the entire Internet if you don't want to debate.

SuperGlalie

<- Me Like A Lot!
Well i reckon that the following should happen with Ash's pokemon - i don't think Corphish should evolve as I think it's got a great personality (just look at the Mawile episode where Lombre evolved). I also think grovyle should evolve as Sceptile are cool. Also,I'm finding it hard to get used to him having a Donphan and not a Phanpy, but i'm glad it did because Phanpy was weakish IMO and Donphan look and are much more powerful.

MasterJedi

Coral Eye Trainer
The Big Al said:
I care about many people's opinions. I just don't care about his.

I wasn't talking about you. :)

G

Geki

Ash's Chikorita shouldn't have evolved. That's my only complaint. I loved Chikorita, and Bayleef is just so stale of a character...

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Gaiash said:
I said its not JUST about battling as in battling isn't the only thing its about, the word JUST was there you know.
Which is why I said "The show has a few more elements to the story such as friendship and respecting nature, but there's no denying that pokémon battling is the strongest aspect of the show."

Thanks for responding to the rest of my po...oh wait. Sorry, my bad.

Geki said:
I loved Chikorita, and Bayleef is just so stale of a character...
...its character didn't even change at all. It still fawned over Ash like the crazy fan-girl it was, and if anything, evolution helped develop that part of its personallity a little further.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Geki said:
Ash's Chikorita shouldn't have evolved. That's my only complaint. I loved Chikorita, and Bayleef is just so stale of a character...

Another Johto starter not evolving? Then we'd have three of the bloody things!

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
V Faction said:
Gravy, where the hell did you get that animation from?
Ripped 'em from one of the mysterious dungeon games, including the bg~
Why'd you ask? One of those "Oh good GOD, I have just GOT to know" type of moments, ne?

L

Lovely May

Geki said:
Ageed. I loved Chikorita, she was so obsessed, and loved Ash a lot^^
Plus, Chikorita is my favourite pokemon^^
She kicked Pikachu because she was jealous of it XD Now she is Bayleef and she still is in love with Ash, but isn't so "rude" anymore. She is more mature and calmer.
Another Johto starter not evolving? Then we'd have three of the bloody things!
No, because another starter should have evolve. Cyndaquil for example ;)

~Flareon~

Thinking Ash's Pokemons evolving or not

I would think that Corphish goes first because Ash kept it so long that haven't evolve into Crawdaunt. Second, Grovyle can't be kept so long after it evolved from Treecko. Maybe it evolve into Sceptile someday after Battle Frontier episode. Donphan have evolved already and have become Ash's new pokemon. Swellow have evolved already can kept by Ash's Pokemon everyday. As for Pikachu, he would kept by itself or if Pikachu wants to evolve into Raichu with the Thunder Stone by its decision.

Last edited:

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Rene Swee said:
I would think that Corphish goes first because Ash kept it so long haven't evolve into Crawdaunt. Second, Grovyle can't be kept so long after it evolved from Treecko. Maybe it evolve into Sceptile someday after Battle Frontier episode. Donphan have evolved already and have become Ash's new pokemon. Swellow have evolved already can kept by Ash's Pokemon everyday. As for Pikachu, he would kept by itself or if Pikachu wants to evolve into Raichu with the Thunder Stone.
Ash usually has 2 or 3 unevolved Pokemon that has the ability to evolve from each region (excluding Orange Islands) but Houen only has Corphish so Corphish should stay as he is.

Also your sig is too large

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Gaiash said:
Ash usually has 2 or 3 unevolved Pokemon that has the ability to evolve from each region (excluding Orange Islands) but Houen only has Corphish so Corphish should stay as he is.

Dark days... dark days...

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
Gaiash said:
That's the worst justification for keeping poor Corphish the way he is. Ash has to have an unevolved Pokemon. Pah.

Pikachu needs to evolve, it should be advanced enough and has proven to be superior to any Pikachu and some Raichu. He deserves to become the rodenator he would be as Raichu.
Who died and made you the sig police?

JazzJazz

Gaiash said:

Speculation based on any supposed "pattern" in the show isn't usually wise... things are always out of whack so anything can still happen, despite these past "patterns".

J

Joey Ong

May's Pokemons evolve or not

May's Combusken will evolve into Blaziken someday after the Battle Frontier, as for Squirtle, it will evolve into Wartortle to Blastoise someday after Ash's final Frontier Symbol. As for Munchlax, I am not sure it will evolve into Snorlax. As for Beautifly, it has evolved already have become May's beautiful Pokemon in the Pokemon Contest and left at her home with Caroline. As for Skitty & Bulbasaur, if May wants to get back Skitty & Bulbasaur from her home & Prof. Oak's lab, it will take some time for Bulbasaur to evolve into Ivysaur to Venusaur after May's final ribbon in the Kanto Contest & for Skitty will take some time to evolve into Delcatty with the Moon Stone after May's final ribbon in the Kanto Contest.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

Lovely May

Joey Ong said:
May's Combusken will evolve into Blaziken someday after the Battle Frontier, as for Squirtle, it will evolve into Wartortle to Blastoise someday after Ash's final Frontier Symbol.

As for Munchlax, I am not sure it will evolve into Snorlax.
Probably they will not evolve. May likes cute pokemon. Squirtle is VERY cute and Munchalx is funny (I can call it cute too). Both are strong (they kick strong opponents), so they don't need to evolve. Cute and powerful.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Lovely May said:
Probably they will not evolve. May likes cute pokemon. Squirtle is VERY cute and Munchalx is funny (I can call it cute too). Both are strong (they kick strong opponents), so they don't need to evolve. Cute and powerful.

May likes cute pokemon? Combusken is far less "cute" than Torchic. Neither will evolve because they are both advertisements. Nothing more to it.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Munchlax won't evolve because that will defeat the purpose of it. Same thing for Manene. They're not going to take 4th gen Pokemon and turn them into old Kanto Pokemon again. The writers said they wanted Munchlax to become as popular as Pikachu. (And who the hell wants to see another Snorlax to begin with?)

This is why they gave Munchlax to May to begin with...and not Brock. Since she's a major character who will be here for seasons to come, they want her to own the second most marketable Pokemon for the 4th gen (Munchlax), while Ash continues to promote Pikachu, the mascot for the franchise in general. The two main characters (Ash/May) have two Pokemon the writers want to shove down our throats.

I also severely doubt her Bulbasaur will evolve because the writers are keeping both Bulbasaur together at Oaks. They're using the two Bulbasaur to parallel Ash and May, as Ash's Bulba is mentoring May's Bulba. So unless they BOTH evolve at the same time, then they'll both stay as Bulbasaur.

As for her Combusken, yeah I can see it evolving someday. Especially since it's her starter, and bound to become her strongest.

May's Eevee will most likely evolve into SOMETHING, but not until this region is over.

Last edited:

Thriller

Its almost time
El oh el where in the world have I been? *Brings in fuel*

Gaiash said:
The only main Pokemon to be considered babys are Larvitar, Phanpy, Togepi and the pre-evolved Pokemon. First stage Pokemon are NOT babys, have you forgoten that Bulbasaur that was in the sewer since its trainer was a kid and now its trainer has little hair left? That Bulbasaurs no baby.

So I guess Squirtle isn't a baby and that supposed 'Bonsly' of yours isn't going to be a baby either.

Gaiash said:
NO Pokemon needs to evolve

To some extent your right, I'll explain later. No Pokemon really needs to evolve, the people including myself just WANT them to evolve.

Gaiash said:
no I am right. Treecko with the right training could be as tough as Grovyle. Taillow was a good Pokemon but didn't get much screen time. Torchic was quite a good Pokemon, I was shocked when it evolved to be honest.

Bold: I don't see any sharp leaves on Treecko, do you?
Italise: I can't imagine Pikachu riding on such a small thing.
Underline: *Falls of chair laughing my behind off*

Gaiash said:
Stop ganging up on me!

Who's ganging up? 2 people doesnt equal gang.

Gaiash said:

No, why quit while your ahead? Remember the old tagline "Gotta catch em all?" Yes he isn't going to catch em all but if your on a streak like that, why quit?

Gaiash said:

Minimod.

J

Joey Ong

May's Pokemons don't need to evolve

Lovely May said:
You are right Lovely May probably May's Pokemons don't need to evolve because they are strong against tough opponents in the Pokemon Contest.

Last edited by a moderator: