• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon that shouldn´t evolved and Pokémon that should evolve instead

Squirtle_007

Pokémon that shouldn´t evolved and Pokémon that should evolve instead

Hi, well, I don´t know if already is a thread like this and I don´t know if it could be here, but I thought it could be interesting.

There is a big controverse about evolutions but there is Pokémon with personalities or maybe it´s "charm" could be better in it´s unevolved form.

On the other hand, there is Pokémon that maybe needs a change.

Well, the point is:
Which Pokémon shouldn´t evolve and which should evolve instead?

I would like Satoshi´s Snorunt shouldn´t evolved, it was very funny and, I personally think that Glalie is creepy.
And I would like Satoshi´s Cyndaquil evolve instead, it´s personality makes it a good candidate, and Quilava looks great also.

Well, I hope I was exposed my point in the right way ... and I hope I´m in the right forum ^_^

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Every pokemon should, in theory, evolve if possible. Some are just stubborn and like disturbing nature.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
I don't understand why people keep saying that Snorunt lost its personallity, because we really didn't get to see enough of Glalie to prove that. All we ever saw of it were 3 league battles and that was pretty much it. How can you judge a pokémon when it didn't even get any time to do its thing out of battle?

Cyndaquil should have evolved, because it had so much potential. But I've already explained that story elsewhere.

Totodile should have evolved at least once, just to get it out of the rut it was stuck it. It had (well, has) no real personallity at all and it didn't develop any new techniques or attacks. All it is is an empty psychotic shell filled with an abundance of Water Gun attacks and I personally hated that.

I'd be sorely disapointed if Phanpy didn't evolve, because I'd like to see it achieve what Cyndaquil didn't. Actually grow from a small, vulnerable baby into a reliable assest to Ash's arsenal.

Personally, I think all evolutions thus far have been satisfactory and I don't have any real problems with them. They haven't lost anything from evolution at all, and if anything, they've benefitted from it.
Then again, I'm not Gaiash am I?

Last edited:

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Pokemon that should evolve-

Grovyle, Combusken and Marshtomp- the first two at least are the best pokemon currently on their teams, and have come too far to not evolve.
Corphish- For comedic value, to break the stereotype, to give him what he has wanted for way too long, to give him some cool tough to do
Cacnea- Same reasons as Corphish, really. It just feels right, and he's been this way for 100 episodes too many!
Phanpy- because it bloody well has to!

And some others, who I won't bother mentioning.

£añkaÑ

~Thîrûttû R⚢âl~
Pokemon that should evolve

Ash's Team
Cyndaquil - sometime in this BF Saga..as a hope that he'll be in a match against the brain :D
Bulbasaur - probably like in the next saga
Phanpy - sometime in this Battle Fontier saga
Grovyle - sure..he should but later in the next saga

May's Team
Bulbasaur - evolve at the same time as Ash's as it should be next saga
Combusken - Next saga

Brock's Team
Geodude - hopes he gets it back during sometime and has it evolve, and maybe if possible later on...evolve to a steel pokemon of graveler evolution...using metal coat...if possible...as i'd love to see a steel version..lol

Misty's Team
Horsea - sometime when they meet Misty again :D...

James Team
Cacnea - sometime near the end of BF saga :D *big time expecting this one*

Riche's Team
Crus(Pupiptar)...i want him to battle Ash in some saga at a point in the finals :D
Rose(Taillow)...same as above :D
Zippo(Chalmeleon)...same as above :D

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
cyndaquil- Look at it in Johto, it developed much more than ash's other Johto Pokemon, it won way more Gym battles than ash's other johto pokemon it should have evolved. Instead they kept it as cyndaquil and evolved chickorita who hadnt even won any major battles until after she evolved. So cyndaquil and not chickorita should have evolved. So they shud have it evolve sometime durring BF

Grovile- he is posibly the best in ash's team and has proved himself since he was treeco. Sadly if he does the writers will probly find some way 2 shaft him like they did Charizard.

Last edited:

Haunter Hunter Sohrab

Johto Champion
Bulbasaur - probably like in the next saga

Na Bulbasaur will remain a Bulbasaur forever.

I think Cyndaquil and Phanpy should evolve. I'm fine with everything else we've got.

The Big Al

I just keeping Octo
I think all Pokemon should eventually evolve. It should take a long time but really, it's the process of growing up. I've yet to see a Pokemon that has gone flat after evolution. If anything, the evolved forms usually have better developed personalities.

H

Hukuzo

This is one of the many reasons that I hate the show.
All of them should of evolved. It doesn't make sense that he's beating gym leaders with a bunch of 1st stage and that they never evolve. I know that Bulbasaur refuses to evolve, but there's no excuse for the others.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Good thing the writers don't do something retarded and follow the game, evolution after evolution would be pointless and repetitve.

I much like the way they handled his Hoenn team. All of them evolved except for Corphish, and he has such a funny personality and is pretty much a powerhouse anyway that there is little reason for him to evolve.

Last edited:

Team Rocket Admin

Bulbasaur should NOT evolve. It didn't want to evolve before, and why should it now? I like Totodile, and it's personality is good enough for it to not evolve. Phanpy might evolve later on, though.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Team Rocket Admin said:
I like Totodile, and it's personality is good enough for it to not evolve.
Since when does jumping up and down like a spastic count as a personallity?

DEMONCAMERUPT

;ord of pokebattles
lets see now.

first eleminate all pokemon with no known evolutions or are already fully evolved.

now Ash's pokemon: Pikachu cuase i woul ike to see Ash with a Raichu already. Bulbasaur so we can see what Ash can do with one. Totodile: all the way to Feraligator so Ash can have at least one fully evolved Johto starter.
Grovyle, Phanpy and Corphish hey the deserve/need it. and finally Cyndiqual: I'm sure many of you agree that this firey poke deserved to evolve instead of a certain Bayleef.

May's pokemon: Combustken has earned the right to evolve to Blaziken, Munchlax, Skitty and Squirtle wont either becuase they're to young, don't have an evolution stone or is beibng used as an advertisement for the 4th gen. i wont put anything down for that egg May has as well i think you get the picture and her Buulbasuar should evolve along side Ash's and then the newly evolved Ivysaurs go back to Oaks and have a little old bit of mating togehter.

Brock's pokemon: Geodude should have evolved once before leaving, Onix i'm not sure, Marshtomp should evolve before the end of BF.

James' pokemon: Cacnea should evolve leave Manane the way it is and chimecho joins the pokemon with no know evolution.

Jessie's pokemon: nothing to say as dshe has no poke in they first stage that can evolve.

so ther ya go. your opinions please.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Ash: Grovyle needs too soon, and Phanpy maybe, i honestly don't care if Corphish does, if it doesn't i think we'll all know why, as for the rest of them, i know there is next to no chance of Orre and Colloseum making appearences, but if was just long enough to raid Oak's lab to steal the three jouto starters so that way we won't have to put up with them anymore, i would so be happy.
May: Unless the writers plan to give her line-up some kind of boostage that she kinda needs right now(and to avoid letting Squirtle po even more people) Combusken might need to evolve soon, i seriously doubt Munchlax will anytime soon, and as for Squirtle i think more people want it to die rather than evolve.
Brock: He's had enough for now, Marshtomp could go the way of Crobat, but other than that not much else.
James:Cacnea, soon, enough said.
Guess that's it.

Super Wario 64

Giggity GOO!
Who would want to see a Snorlax,Blaziken and a Blastoise being entered into a Poke contest?

DEMONCAMERUPT

;ord of pokebattles
Super Wario 64 said:
Who would want to see a Snorlax,Blaziken and a Blastoise being entered into a Poke contest?

Blaziken alright, Blastoise maybe not and Snorlax now that would be funny. May ordering Snorlax to use solarbeam only it decideds to take a nap instead and then May loses the contest.

packerdan

Coral Eye Trainer
Evolution in the anime, in my eyes, is nothing more than a device that the writers can choose to use when they run out of ideas on how to make things stay interesting or in order for a pokemon to retain any purpose for existing. Prime examples of this would be, in my opinion:
Taillow evolving into Swellow so that it could become a decent fighter.
Torchic evolving into Combusken once the whole innocent and ditzy youngling act became dull.
Snorunt evolving from a rather weak (for that late in the game) into a powerhouse Glalie.

So, when you think about what needs an evolution, think about whether or not it fits any of that criteria. Cyndaquil was winning battles without the need to evolve into a Quilava (which, for the record, is my favorite pokemon), so although it certaintly was deserved, it wasn't necessary. Chikorita, however, lost all the time, so in order for it to stay a decent member of the team, needed a saving grace, aka evolution.

The only pokemon that has ever *needed* to evolve was Torkoal so that maybe the writers wouldn't give the poor guy the shaft every time he battled. Here's to hoping that D/P has a Torkoal evolution.

DEMONCAMERUPT

;ord of pokebattles
packerdan said:
Evolution in the anime, in my eyes, is nothing more than a device that the writers can choose to use when they run out of ideas on how to make things stay interesting or in order for a pokemon to retain any purpose for existing. Prime examples of this would be, in my opinion:
Taillow evolving into Swellow so that it could become a decent fighter.
Torchic evolving into Combusken once the whole innocent and ditzy youngling act became dull.
Snorunt evolving from a rather weak (for that late in the game) into a powerhouse Glalie.

So, when you think about what needs an evolution, think about whether or not it fits any of that criteria. Cyndaquil was winning battles without the need to evolve into a Quilava (which, for the record, is my favorite pokemon), so although it certaintly was deserved, it wasn't necessary. Chikorita, however, lost all the time, so in order for it to stay a decent member of the team, needed a saving grace, aka evolution.

The only pokemon that has ever *needed* to evolve was Torkoal so that maybe the writers wouldn't give the poor guy the shaft every time he battled. Here's to hoping that D/P has a Torkoal evolution.

I'm hoping for Torkoal to have a D/P evo to but only those working on the anime and games know that answer.

I also like how you've put some points about evolutions in the anime as plot device and how some desrve while others don't.

Snorunt should never had evolved heck it should have been sent to the reserves while Ash added a more worhty pokemon to the main team.

SuperSonic

I'm going to approach this from a realistic view, and leave personal opinion out of it. Not that I wont mention it from here to there.

I'd also like to say that Hoenn has handled the wishy washy odd 2nd evolutions pretty well.

Ash
-Pikachu will never evolve.
-Bulbasaur won't anytime soon.
-Corphish will just be odd as a Crawdaunt. He has a good personality, and is quite strong, and he's not tiny like the rest of the first stagers. Woluld fit in fine as a Corphish.
-Phanpy seems like it may be the least experienced, but for some reason Donphan seems plausible. Although, now that phanpy is on the team he could get some actual experience, but it would have to be after a time, and after seeing enough of him.
-Cyndaquil would be cool as a quilava, but what I would like to see is not just to evolve during a battle, as it would take away from ash's ability as a trainer, but before a battle, have ash see the trouble in having a newly evolved pokemon and have ash and quilava stay up all night or something and rise to the occasion. Showing what a good trainer Ash is.
-Totodile, as cool as Croconaw would be, I just dont get the vibe that its coming.
-Grovyle fits into the team pretty well now, and is a very good fighter, its not evolving for a while, and thats fine with me.
-Bayleef same as Grovyle

James
-Cacnea I dont think it will evolve. Same for manene.
Now what James needs is to catch more pokemon of reasonable ability.

Brock
-Marshtomp is fine
He needs Ludicolo back

May
-Munchlax isn't going to evolve. Its actually pretty effective right now.
-Squirtle, as cool as a Wartortle might be, especially how they've been doing 2nd stages lately, its probably not going to happen.
-Bulbasaur same as Squirtle.

DEMONCAMERUPT

;ord of pokebattles
Supersonic what about May's Combustlen you seem to have forgotten that it exist.

Also I agree that Brocko needs his Ludicolo back.