• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon that you feel were mistyped

diablo_200525

ミッドナイト ミュウツー
Noting on the Gyrados talk... When i first got him i was questioning why it was dragon and water. There can be so many disadvantages when it comes to fighting elements.

Rayquaza Master777

#1 May Fanboy
1. Gyarados. Should've been Dragon/Water
2. Charizard. Should've been Fire/Dragon
3. Sceptile. Maybe Grass/Dragon
4. Blastoise. Maybe Water/Rock
5. Trapinch. Should be Bug/Ground

Miss_Pocket_Monster

Shouldn't Sudowoodo be Rock/Grass? I know it's not a real tree, but since it looks that much like one and would be so much more useful with the additional typing....yeah. It totally should be. ;185;

milenadrg

1.Gyarados, really, why is it a Flying type, I never gonna know...
2.And, Psyduck/Golduck to me could be Type1: Water, Type2: Psyhic...
3. Really, why isn't Dunsparce gruound type when it digs??
4. Altaria, how could an ordinary bird be a Dragon!!??

Raikou_fan

Lugia. It lives in the whirlpool islands, and causes storms when it flaps its wings. WHY ISN'T IT PART WATER TYPE???? I know it talks in the movie, but since when do the movies correspond at all with the games? Psychic is so out of place with it. Not that it doesn't help it, the double electric weakness would kill it. But really, water fits it better.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
1. Gyarados. Should've been Dragon/Water
2. Charizard. Should've been Fire/Dragon
3. Sceptile. Maybe Grass/Dragon

I'd assume it wasn't Water/Dragon because it was:
1. Available early in-game, which is the opposite for every other dragon.
2. In R/B/Y, there was only one Dragon attack move, Dragon Rage, which did 40HP everytime.
3. Water/Dragon has only one weakness, to Dragon, and with the only Dragon move not doing much damage, there would be little to stop it in R/B/Y except maybe Chansey.

Rule 1 applies to all 3. Sceptile as a Grass/Dragon wouldn't make much sense to me, but I guess when fully evolved it's 4x to Ice, I guess it could work.

Last edited:

xANGELx

xANGELx
Celebi is Grass/Psychic and Lugia is Flying/Psychic. Celebi is like this because it is the legendary protector of the forest (the forest part being where it got the grass attribute from and LEGENDARY being where it got the psychic part from). Lugia is like that because he's a bird.....(flying type) who can use psychic moves (again LEGENDARY) lol. Watch the anime movies and you will see.

CharizardBlastoise

Squirtle Power!
Gyarados cannot fly & should definatly be dragon..

afl21194

Not sure if anyone's said this but palkia being water/dragon. I expected maybe dragon/psychic or just dragon. Same with Dialga

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
Lugia. It lives in the whirlpool islands, and causes storms when it flaps its wings. WHY ISN'T IT PART WATER TYPE???? I know it talks in the movie, but since when do the movies correspond at all with the games? Psychic is so out of place with it. Not that it doesn't help it, the double electric weakness would kill it. But really, water fits it better.

I'm pretty sure people have complained about Lugia's typing heaps of times in this thread, lolz. I think Carnivine should be a Grass/Dark type, not just a grass type.

pokemaster001

Not sure if anyone's said this but palkia being water/dragon. I expected maybe dragon/psychic or just dragon. Same with Dialga
they were made that because of the weaknesses and resistances, Palkia has only 1 weakness, Dialge has 11 resistances and an immunity, therefore making them well typed
I agree, wait, no I don't, it should be water/psychic, not water/flying
Shouldn't Sudowoodo be Rock/Grass?
one word, no

bookist

does anyone know the reason gayrados is part flying? The original myth they came from, they could fly. And they are more water then dragon it makes sense, so they picked the two types the could do for it. Personally I think that dusknoir should be part dark since it is the pokemon grim reaper, sort of.