• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon: The Return of Team Galactic (PG)- Discussion Thread

Torpoleon

Pre-Approved By RaZoR LeAf

Other Important Threads:
RPG Thread
Sign-Up Thread

Plot: It all happened 1 year ago. Lucas, a Pokemon trainer striving to be the best in Sinnoh and his sister, Dawn, striving to be the best Sinnoh co ordinater, took down Team Galactic. This event took place at Spear Pillar when the leader of Team Galactic, Cyrus, used his 2 Red Chains to summon both Dialga, the governor of time, and Palkia, the governor of space. Looker, a member of the International Police and Cynthia, the current Sinnoh Champion, were there to help. Former commanders, Mars and Jupiter, were there to help Cyrus. Things went wrong when a black hole appeared from the ground between Cyrus and the two Pokemon, Dialga and Palkia. From the black hole, Giratina had appeared. Giratina roams around as the only Pokemon in the Distortion World. The Distortion World is a place parallel to the human and Pokemon world. Giratina pulls Cyrus into the Distortion World and then Lucas, Dawn, Looker and Cynthia go on in. When they found Cyrus, Lucas and Dawn battled, and beat Cyrus. Giratina makes the realization not to stay mad since Cyrus will just stay in the Distortion World. Dialga and Palkia then go back to their respective dimensions.
But, that is what happened a year ago. Now, Cyrus is at the Distortion World, Mars and Jupiter are good girls now, Charon is arrested because of his actions at Stark Mountain, but people have reason to believe that Saturn will recreate Team Galactic although no one has seen him. Most people think that Team Galactic is gone forever; others believe that Team Galactic joined forces with other evil organizations, but Looker, Cynthia and Rowan all have reason to believe that Saturn has recreated Team Galactic. They do not know their current intentions now though. The three of them fear that Team Galactic has the same plan for a new world that involves a Pokemon far stronger than Dialga or Palkia. Cynthia is not accepting any Pokemon battles right now for people to steal her title of Sinnoh Champion until all of this is resolved.
Now, you are probably wondering where you come in. Well, Rowan is expecting 10 new people to come for your starter Pokemon and so you guys can begin your journeys. He is expecting 5 new co ordinaters and 5 new Pokemon trainers from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh. Now that Lucas and Dawn are in a new region, they cannot help so these 10 people should help. You guys are to report to his lab in Sandgem Town at the Sinnoh Region to retrieve your starter Pokemon.

(You can only go as far as Route 202 until everyone posts retrieving their starter Pokemon. Don’t make too many mini adventures though. Your first RPG post in the thread shows you getting to Sandgem Town and getting your starter. After that, you can have your characters do something productive while the other RPGers get their starters. BOTH OF YOUR CHARACTERS TRAVEL TOGETHER!)

General Rules:
1- We are required to abide by all of the SPPf rules that relating to RPGs.
2- Under no circumstances can you argue with me, although you may point out mistakes NICELY.
3- You’ve got to stay active! I’m taking a lot of time to do this so don’t be rude by not being active! It’s a different story if you have a midterm in school or something, so arrange for someone to take over if something like that happens.
4- The RPG is rated PG so let’s keep it like that. Keep in mind of your character’s age as well. I guess there can be minor kissing if they are opposite genders and talk of love too.
5- Don’t flame other members and don’t be an annoying troll.
6- Don’t ask annoying questions. Check the first post for some answers before asking questions.
7- Have fun!!

1- Your Sign Ups are expected be up to par with what my criteria is expecting.
2- If this is your first RPG, you can Sign Up especially if it turns out to be good.
3- If you know that you won’t be active, don’t join. I don’t know how long the RPG will take. It could take until 2011.
4- I’ll give you some chances if you mess up, especially if it is minor.
5- Reserves will last for exactly one month although I might extend it since there are 2 Sign Ups to be made.
6- Please don’t take forever. Sign Ups are not life projects. It could easily take you 2- 3 hours maximum if you put in the time.
7- The Sign Up thread will be used for questions relating to the RPG until the Discussion Thread is posted. I’ll make an announcement when the Discussion Thread is posted.
8- Don’t tell people if something is wrong with their Sign Ups unless if you are the mod, me or my Co-GM. (Which I don’t have)
9- Don’t argue with me about the qualifications containing the Sign Up. It’s MY RPG which pretty much has the qualifications that the SPPf RPG staff is looking for.
10- Don’t say that you’ll reserve, log off and never come back on SPPf or just not post in the RPG. Also, reply to my VMs and PMs.
11- It is recommended that you type the Sign Up on a word processor like Microsoft Word so you can check for grammatical mistakes and it makes life easier for you.
12- Your Sign Up must have great usage of punctuation marks, capitals, etc.
13- Once the Discussion Thread and RPG Thread are posted, I’ll have a mod close the Sign Up Thread so that no annoying members post there and since it would be utterly useless when the Discussion and RPG Threads are posted in their respective locations.

RPG Thread Rules:
1- Only the 4 accepted members, mods giving warnings (which should not happen) and I are allowed to post in the RPG Thread.
2- You are expected to stay active and post in the RPG contributing posts.
3- It is required by the SPPf RPG staff that all posts in the RPG thread should be at least 7 lines with very good description. At least make solid attempt with the description.
4- Your posts are expected to have great usage of punctuation marks, capitals, etc.
5- Your Pokemon should not be too powerful early on unless if they are fully evolved Pokemon caught when you have 6 badges or something. Egg moves are allowed but not very strong Egg moves.
6- Your characters are to travel together but can join other people although no one will be far ahead of the other RPGers.
7- OOC (out of character) posts can be posted in the RPG thread although you must also have a post for the RPG as well otherwise the OOC post shall be posted in the Discussion Thread.
8- Please don’t make your characters feel like a master. For example, my characters are going to have horrible losing streaks. Try and make them lose at least 1 gym/a bunch of contests. (One co ordinater will win the Jubilife Contest, 1st contest location)
9- There shall not be too many “mini-adventures” like your Pokemon getting stolen so you’d have to go find it. Let’s try and complete the RPG in less than 1,000,000 posts, please.
10- Don’t bash other character’s posts. Only the mods and I can post about posts that an RPGer makes if it does not fit the standards.
11- Have fun!

Discussion Thread Rules:
1- The Discussion Thread will be used for questions, concerns, comments (nice), etc. regarding the RPG.
2- It is also recommend that you post some ideas for posts that you’ll do in the RPG like a full battle against a rival at like Sunyshore City for example.
3- You are not allowed to post in the Discussion Thread if you are not a mod or an RPGer in my RPG.
4- Posts in the Discussion Thread are supposed to remain relevant to the RPG.
5- You can also post things like teams you want a gym leader to have so I can say if it is good enough or not.

About Gyms and the Sinnoh League:
The eight Sinnoh Region gyms are located in their game locations in that they are in Diamond and Pearl. Their teams can be reasonable Pokémon that are not their DPPt teams although you can’t do something like Volkner having Raikou. Their amount of Pokemon should be reasonable too.
Gym battles can be multiple posts to hold suspense, but 3 posts for 1 gym battle is the maximum. Showing a rival battling a gym leader can only be a maximum of 3 posts no matter what! If you must, your character can have it be a 4th post as well but try not to make that happen too often. There are 4 other trainers. If every did 4 posts per gym battle, that would be like 128 posts in total. Of course you can do 1 or 2 posts. We won’t leave a gym place until everyone has done their gym battle. You can have your rival or character beat a gym leader easily like Paul did with Maylene and Ash with Wake, but don’t make it frequent and early on.

Now, with the league, there are a total of 16 entrants in the Sinnoh League which is in the same location as in DPPt, north of Sunyshore City. An NPC that is NOT a rival will win the league. Rivals get lower places than the RPG trainers. Since there will be 5 RPG Trainers, everyone will get in a place higher than Top 16. You can only have a maximum of 3 rivals each so that there can be the NPC who will win. The Elite 4 Members can appear throughout the course of Sinnoh and can battle some RPGers if they want to although Flint’s 1st appearance will be like in the games. Cynthia won’t battle anyone and will be there for Team Galactic involvement. After the Sinnoh League, the RPG ends.

About Contests and the Grand Festival:
Unlike the anime, there are 4 ribbons for each co ordinater to collect. The locations are:
Jubilife City (1st visit)
Floaroma Town (1st visit)
Hearthome City (1st visit)
Solaceon Town (1st visit)
Celestic Town (1st visit)
RPG- Only Towns (Made up although you’ve got to tell me the location and whatnot beforehand which should be reasonable and after Jubilife City. I don’t want RPGers flying all around Sinnoh for a contest.)
Only the RPG co ordinaters shall win contests. Rivals won’t win contests an RPG co ordinater enters. RPG trainers can enter although they won’t win. No one shall win a ribbon 2 times in a row unless if they only have 2 ribbons whereas everyone else has 4(which won’t happen). Of the 5 known locations, one of the co ordinaters will get a win at each of them meaning the winner of the five Non RPG Only-Towns will be different since there are 5 of you guys. The Grand Festival will be held at Valor Lakefront from the Team Galactic Finale at Spear Pillar. After the finale, we’d head to Valor Lakefront since it is on the way to Sunyshore City. Any more contests shall get covered by then. The Grand Festival winner will be an NPC character that is not a rival. Rivals get lower places than the RPG co ordinaters. 32 people enter with 16 people advancing past the appeal stage with them being rivals, RPG characters and NPCs. That means that each co ordinater can only have a maximum of 3 rivals each. After the NPC wins, we go to Sunyshore City and then the league and then the RPG ends.

Team Galactic Appearances:
Team Galactic will be appearing quite a few times throughout the RPG. My characters battle the commanders whereas you guys deal with the grunts. Here are their ONLY locations (with the Commander(s), if applicable):
Jubilife City (2nd visit) - 4 Grunts with 2 Zubats (8 Zubats in total). My characters will help Rowan and then the other 8 characters will fight the Zubats. Looker appears afterwards and talks about Team Galactic.

Valley Windworks- Venus (Clefairy and Zubat) and Neptune (Riolu and Zubat) with 4 Grunts that have 2 Zubats each. You guys help when you beat the Zubats easily. Looker appears late.
Eterna City- A blue-haired fellow with a G on his shirt appears and looks at the statue of a Pokémon. (Arceus) No battling Team Galactic and the leader’s name is revealed later.

Veilstone City- Earth (Plusle, Minun and Golbat) 2 Grunts with 2 Golbats each. Everyone struggles but then, Looker shows up and helps out with his Pokemon.

Lake Valor- Uranus (Bronzor, Grotle and Golbat) 4 Grunts with 2 Golbats each. They capture Azelf. Looker appears late.
Lake Verity- Venus (Clefairy, Chansey and Golbat) and Neptune (Riolu, Prinplup and Golbat) with 4 grunts that have 2 Golbats and 1 Zubat each. We all lose. Looker appears late and Mesprit is captured.
Lake Acuity- Mercury(Magmar. Monferno and Golbat) and Earth (Plusle, Minun and Golbat) 3 Grunts with 2 Golbats each and 1 Zubat each. We get creamed. Uxie getting caught and Looker appearing late.
Fuego Ironworks- Team Galactic Leader ??? (Three shady Pokémon) We (including Cynthia) see Looker lose against the leader. The Leaders gets three Red Chains and leaves. (No battling. I’ll control Looker VS the Leader)
Spear Pillar- Mercury(Magmortar, Infernape and Golbat), Earth(Plusle, Minun and Golbat), Venus(Clefable, Blissey and Golbat), Neptune(Lucario, Empoleon and Golbat) and Uranus(Bronzong, Torterra and Golbat) Saturn(Alakazam, Toxicroak, Bronzong and Crobat) Looker and Cynthia battle Saturn. There are 5 commanders so my 2 characters battle one and then both of your characters battle one. Things might get hectic. You can help out struggling RPGers if you manage to win.

Contest Winners:
1. Celestic Town Winner: Silver Seoul- 1st Ribbon
2. Luna City Route 218 Winner: Purplepassion- 4th Ribbon: Double Performance
3. Fullmoon Island Contest Winner: Silver Seoul- 2nd Ribbon
4. Anvil Town Contest Route 211(Heading to Snowpoint City) Winner: Silver Seoul- 3rd Ribbon
5. Snolive Town Route 216 Winner: Double-oh-Platypus- 3rd Ribbon
6. Blaze Town Fuego Ironworks Winner: Silver Seoul- 4th Ribbon
7. Pokemon Fan Club Contest Route 222(On the way to Sunyshore City) Winner: Double-oh-Platypus- 4th Ribbon
8. Kiera Town Route 222(On the way to Valor Lake Front) Winner: Torpoleon- 4th Ribbon

Accepted/Pending/Reserved:
1. Torpoleon- Zach Hiken(Trainer with Empoleon) and Caroline Rubie(Co Ordinater with Infernape) Accepted!
2. Purplepassion- Anthony Anderson(Trainer with Infernape) and Dahlia Appleby(Co Ordinater with Torterra) Accepted!
3. Double-oh-Platypus- Jasmine "Jazzy" Angelina David(Trainer with Empoleon) and Talia Marie David(Co Ordinater with Torterra) Accepted!
4. Dutch-trainer- Rich Baker(Trainer with Empoleon) and Adriana Bristow(Co Ordinater with Torterra) Accepted!
5. Silver Seoul- Oliver Dominic Richmond(Trainer with Monferno) and Bridget Elizabeth Stevens(Co Ordinater with Piplup) Accepted!

So, I hope you guys all enjoy this RPG just as much as I enjoyed creating it!!

Last edited:

Silver_Seoul

Awesome, can't wait to get started; and one question:
How will the contests be handled? I read through the post twice, but I couldn't find any specifics. Will they be handled as they are in the anime or as in the games or an entirely different way...?

Torpoleon

Well, I guess it would be like the anime. You do the Appeal Round and then the MC(Marian, like the anime) announces who goes through and then the people do the battle round where in the end, someone gets a ribbon. For contests, it is:

Appeal Round --> Top 8 --> Top 4 --> Finals --> Get the Ribbon

As I said, RPG co ordinaters always win the contests with rivals only winning contests off screen. I hope that helped out a little bit. Don't worry!

I'm going to post the RPG Thread now. You're first post includes your characters getting to Sandgem Town and then your characters get their starters. That would be the end of that post and then you can only go as far as Rout 202 until everyone get their starter Pokemon. (That's part of the reason why I only asked for 4 other people. It keeps things moving.)

One more note. Double-oh-Platypus is going away the 2nd and 3rd weeks of March 2010, Mar. 8, 2010 to Mar. 19, 2010. The RPG will be on hold until he gets back so just be sure to remember the RPG after that time. That also means that if you are going away, tell me so that I can put the RPG on hold for that time that way there is no confusion.

Double-oh-Platypus

One more note. Double-oh-Platypus is going away the 2nd and 3rd weeks of March 2010, Mar. 8, 2010 to Mar. 19, 2010. The RPG will be on hold until he gets back so just be sure to remember the RPG after that time. That also means that if you are going away, tell me so that I can put the RPG on hold for that time that way there is no confusion.

Can I just stress this thing? It's so important because I'm sure it's come up before... with the same person:

I AM NOT A GUY -_-"

But anyway, I'll be making my post in the thread soon, so... yeah :p

Silver_Seoul

I posted, and thanks for the explanation. But just one more thing on that note:

Will you be posting as the MC[marian] in contests or do we just post her as though she were an NPC that we controlled?

Torpoleon

To DOP: Sorry, when you told me to change it during my 2nd RPG Attempt where you were the Co-GM, I thought you said that you were a guy. My deepest apologies.

To Silver Seoul: Yeah, Marian is an NPC, as with the judges which are the same as the anime. Mr Sukizo, Mr. Contesta and the town/city's Nurse Joy.

Torpoleon

That's ok. Just post whenever you get the chance.

So, when everyone gets their starters, finish up your business in Sandgem Town and then we wil get to Jubilife Ciity. We worry about Team Galactic when heading to Jubilife City AFTER Oreburgh City.

Silver_Seoul

Alright, thanks for clearing that up. And we're just waiting on one more person before we can head to Jubilife right? That's where we have the first contest, isn't it?

Torpoleon

Yep. The last person is Purplepassion so be sure to finish up any business then! Although for the trainers, they don't have to watch the contests. But, they can't just run ahead. For the Jubilife Contest, since we will head to Oreburgh City, they can only be in Route 202, Jubilife City or Route 203 until the contest is over.

So, can someone post in the RPG thread so Zach and Caroline can finish their battle. Also, Zach and Caroline are going to arrange to travel with Oliver and Bridget, Silver Seoul's characters. Well actually, it will eventually be all of us together.

Silver_Seoul

I'm posting right now! And great, I'm probably gonna do horrible on my first contest. >.>;
Haha.

Torpoleon

Ok. Well you'll do fine.

In case you guys might wonder, Double Performances wont start for a while but will be before the Grand Festival. I was thinking maybe around Celestic Town since everyone would probably have two or three ribbons by then. So, the Grand Festival will also be Double Performance too.

Double-oh-Platypus

To DOP: Sorry, when you told me to change it during my 2nd RPG Attempt where you were the Co-GM, I thought you said that you were a guy. My deepest apologies.

No worries :) Just don't forget again ;) Doesn't it say on my info page anyway?

So I noticed that you wrote that we could have contests in other towns too, which is convenient because Talia's last Pokemon will be from Canalave City... which I believe we go to after Celestic Town. So I was hoping we could throw in another contest or something so she could get a chance to use it.

Torpoleon

So you mean have another contest have Canalave City? Well, ok. That's fine since I believe I said that the Grand Festival will be held at Lake Valor. That would mean that after Sunyshore City, we will head there.

Silver_Seoul

I thought we had the Grand Festival on the way to Sunyshore...?

And I posted.

Torpoleon

Well, how about a contest in the Snowy Routes? It isn't a good idea to have a contest in the same place as a gym. Tomorrow, I'll make a section on the first post listing all the RPG- Only Towns you guys and I make up, although they must be for contests.

Well, I'm going to go to sleep pretty soon so the post I just made is the last one for today.

Silver_Seoul

As did I. The battle can commence tomorrow I suppose. >.<
I didn't have ur characters talk btw 'cause I wasn't too sure on how to handle their personalities. So I just had them nod.

Torpoleon

To DOP: How about the contest has the name Snovile Town? For specific routes, how about Route 216?
To Silver Seoul: Ok, let's just have the battle be with our starters.

Also, after the Celestic Town Contest, we will pretend there is a blimb to take us to Canalave City. After Canalave City, we will take a blimb to Route 216 and start the Snolive Contest.