• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon the Series Sun & Moon

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Pokémon Sun & Moon | Pokémon Sun & Moon: Ultra Legends | Pokémon Sun & Moon: Ultra Adventures

DtZwuJ2WsAAZn3Y

After the Kalos League, Ash goes on holiday wit hhis mother to the Alola Region. When there, he meets a group of kids locally and decides to stay in Alola at the Pokémon School. Studying with Mallow, Lillie, Lana, Sophocles and Kiawe, Ash learns a lot about Alola, fights Ultra Beasts and Pokémon and eventually goes on to face the Alola Pokémon League

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Lillie best girl
I liked the early series episodes particularly its fillers and Lillie focused episodes. I also loved whenever Ash got hit because it was hilarious (like the Milotic scene).
I dislike that it mostly sidelined the girls for the battles which most of the male characters got to do instead. Sadly this seems to have become a trend after BW/beginning of XY.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I don't have that many good things to say about this saga, other than really liking the SM cast's chemistry. Lilie, Suiren, Mao, Kaki, and Maamane were basically a second family to Satoshi, and I thought that was special. Kukui-hakase was also the closest thing to a father figure that Satoshi has had in the anime.

Red and Blue

Not my personal favorite season but it did have plenty of great and enjoyable moments. Plus Ash's SM team ranks among my favorites alongside Sinnoh.

At least this series will be remembered as the one that finally broke the status quo.

Sonnas

Man this series....I feel like to me this is the worst season out of all the Pokemon seasons because of some issues, like how the show has a lot of goofy faces, Ash being a butt monkey for most of the series, the battles being not important at time, the inconsistent Z-Moves. I don't know maybe it's just the comedy didn't jell with me as I found it more irksome than funny at times.
Also maybe I just didn't look hard enough but I feel like everyone on Twitter seemed to praise this season and I feel like I'm in the minority in not liking it.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Man this series....I feel like to me this is the worst season out of all the Pokemon seasons because of some issues, like how the show has a lot of goofy faces, Ash being a butt monkey for most of the series, the battles being not important at time, the inconsistent Z-Moves. I don't know maybe it's just the comedy didn't jell with me as I found it more irksome than funny at times.
Also maybe I just didn't look hard enough but I feel like everyone on Twitter seemed to praise this season and I feel like I'm in the minority in not liking it.
I can basically guarantee most of the praise didn't start until the League victory, because that was absolutely the biggest news in any part of the anime fandom.

Sonnas

I can basically guarantee most of the praise didn't start until the League victory, because that was absolutely the biggest news in any part of the anime fandom.
Well from what saw there was endless praise even before the league victory even when it felt like there should be some people that have issues with it and not just say there’s no issues at all.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sonnas said:

I remember reading a lot of praise for it, but it seemed to occur mainly around the time that the Alola League concluded because a lot of fans were grateful that Satoshi had won the tournament.

Bortgreen

Captain Pikachu is EPIC
Around that moment Ash's team got a significant boost, with Melmetal, Naganadel and Incineroar, and Pikashunium-Z at the very end
Also Ash vs Kukui was better than any battle this saga ever had, with the Tapu Koko finale included in it.
Everything coming together made people like the saga a bit more

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Ah alola! I love this series so much. It's funny how when the first poster came out I was disgusted and hated the trailer and everything. And then I watched the first two episodes. The art style was still horrendous to me but this series had a charm that I liked. As episodes went by I was enthralled by the soul of the series, how moving it was, how it had so many Charming moments, so many personalities. It was legit funny a lot of the times. It's fillers were new and amazing, no longer the same boring ones and had so much heart put into it that I loved it. The artstyle stopped bothering me. Heck i even like Trio's art for those seasons and don't mind Ash's art. The family bonds were so wholesome. The cast felt like a big one family. Kukui Burnet ash were just so nice together. And I love his alola team so much. They were well rounded, and all had development. All had great personalities.

Now let's talk about one of the main themes of this series: Family. That theme was so prevalent throughout the show. That mallow episode was just top tier. When that episode aired, there were no sides to the fandom, no toxicity, no hate. Only love for how beautiful that episode was. Same with the stoutland litten episode. We got to see each cast members family. How they supplemented each other. Each new Pokemon felt like a new family member. Gladion and Ash's rivalry too was very nice, and very very well done. I completely agree with Ash's team staying in alola. It's their home. As the theme of the Pokemon and nature coexisting and supporting each other existed throughout the series, it made more sense for me to see Ash's alolan team stay at Ash's second home. Alola felt like a second home to ash. That island island episode where Ash and Pikachu were alone, gods rewatch that episode. It forshadowed the end of the SM so well and displayed how much ash loves alola. And hence, he deserved to be the champion of that region.

Thank you sun and moon for giving me a series full of soul and heart. For tying up arcs and having beautiful stories. Thank you for being my 2nd fav series, and honestly if nostalgia for DP is removed, it might be my fav. And thank you for carrying its soul into PM(2019).

Sonnas

Around that moment Ash's team got a significant boost, with Melmetal, Naganadel and Incineroar, and Pikashunium-Z at the very end.
I feel like the first two didn't have any inpuut from Ash so it didn't feel like he earned them, the third felt pointless as it didn't do anythng afterwords and it wouldn't of changed if it didn't evolve, and the last one just had no explanation to it on how he can do it besides being just there.

Sonnas

Also, TR's Bewear kinda got annoying after the 2nd and 3rd seasons because it felt like he restrict them from doing their schemes at times.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I feel like the first two didn't have any inpuut from Ash so it didn't feel like he earned them, the third felt pointless as it didn't do anythng afterwords and it wouldn't of changed if it didn't evolve, and the last one just had no explanation to it on how he can do it besides being just there.
Episode 19 kinda gives us some insight on how Pikashunium Z works, but yeah, we never got a proper explanation. I really wish the Zeraora 2-parter touched on that a bit, seeing as Tapu Koko played a big part in it
It depends on where you look. Twitter and Youtubers love it, Youtube comment sections don't like it, Reddit and here are mixed, and 4chan either loves or hates it

Last edited by a moderator:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Never have Ash be with 5 or 6 Cilans at the same time.

Never make him own 4 Pokemon for the majority of a series.

Actually make a league that isn't long only because a bunch of characters that had no real business being in it participated with zero requirements needed (besides just getting a Magikarp).

Ending was so rushed and quickly tried to write everyone off without focusing on several major points or giving them enough focus.

...At least Ash owned every single Kahuna (though I don't like the fact Pikachu and Sunny D-roc were the stars nearly all the time in a series that has a severe lack of battles for Ash).

Red and Blue

Never have Ash be with 5 or 6 Cilans at the same time.

Never make him own 4 Pokemon for the majority of a series.

Actually make a league that isn't long only because a bunch of characters that had no real business being in it participated with zero requirements needed (besides just getting a Magikarp).

Ending was so rushed and quickly tried to write everyone off without focusing on several major points or giving them enough focus.

...At least Ash owned every single Kahuna (though I don't like the fact Pikachu and Sunny D-roc were the stars nearly all the time in a series that has a severe lack of battles for Ash).
Yeah it is unfortunate only half of Ash's Alolan team was used against the four Kahunas. You could of at least made Nanu a 3 vs. 3 and use Poipole and Torracat alongside Lycanroc. Good thing Meltan had the match against Ryuki

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
I can honestly say this is one the very few series where the ending saved it. Usually and typically poorly written animes goes beyond a point of grace but Sun and Moon did the impossible. Why they decided to hoard the anime’s budget the last few episodes is beyond me but I will say the fillers were excellent. The series was overall eh and I don’t see myself rewatching this series anytime in the near future but gems like Mallow’s mother, the Aether arc, Lillie’s overall arc, Stoutland and the league can’t be forgotten. Unfortunately it can be overshadowed by the lack of screen times from the classmates, nobody having a full team, the lack of overall plot, lackluster goals and not a lot of exploration of Alola.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Sonnas said:
Also, TR's Bewear kinda got annoying after the 2nd and 3rd seasons because it felt like he restrict them from doing their schemes at times.

I got tired of Kiteruguma's gag after the first dozen instances that it was used. I was actually relieved that Kiteruguma didn't follow the Rocket-dan to Kanto at the end of SM.