• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon the Series XY | Pokémon the Series XY&Z

RafaSceptile

Ah yeah, like that damn Axew episode in BW, At least that episode contributed to team flare arc

I can understand that many people find the Kalos League mediocre for that, but, I think it is an exaggeration to say that Kalos L was bad, I mean, there were sawyer and alain who were important throughout XY

Not like that stupid Morrison, Tyson, Cameron...
Eh, I don't think the Kalos League is mediocre, it has 4 great episodes Battles...BUT most of the leagues has that (Johto, Sinnoh, Alola)

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
In Latin fandom, SM stans refer to XY Ash as "Ash Kirito"

XY Stan in response refer to SM Ash as "TTGO Ash forma"
I don't like either Ash died after the end of DP for me Lol.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
*looking at the 5-10 filler episodes during XY&Z, one of them literally before the first Kalos League episode*
Yeah, I wonder WHY
I was less implying that but more the fact the league decides to waste a full episode on Alain creaming Trevor something fierce and another full episode on Sawyer slightly creaming Tierno something tenderly.

Guess who Ash was seen fighting in full. (Astrid doesn't count, of course. Poor girl was done dirty to extend Ash's battles.)

RafaSceptile

I was less implying that but more the fact the league decides to waste a full episode on Alain creaming Trevor something fierce and another full episode on Sawyer slightly creaming Tierno something tenderly.

Guess who Ash was seen fighting in full. (Astrid doesn't count, of course. Poor girl was done dirty to extend Ash's battles.)
Not even a full episode of Alain creaming Trevor, half of the battle was on the background

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Being serious doesn't make you more shounen lmao. Who came up with that dumb ****?

Ash was more like classic LN/VN protagonists like kirito and emiya shirou.
I really like XY Ash, and comparing him to Kirito is a huge disservice for our pokemon master in the making

XY is GOATED, but I hate that Ash released Goodra in the middle of Kalos Quest.

Can’t Wait to write an essay about a review of XY

also Pancham=god

RafaSceptile

I really like XY Ash, and comparing him to Kirito is a huge disservice for our pokemon master in the making
I don't think XY Ash is as generic as Kirito, but the way how he was portrayed during the series feels like a shounen protagonist, but that is more a problem during XY&Z than during the first two seasons, it wasn't as bad.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Saying XY is one of the worst series is such a stretch
I mean Johto and Unova exist :p
I like XY, it was a decent series with great moments and disregarding journeys it's my fourth fav series rn, third if we include johto in OS
Unpopularly I do like the first two seasons of XY more than XYZ simply coz while I was high on the hype train for XYZ at the time, it disappointed me a lot with its conclusions for Serena, ash, the Kalos league and greninja. Bonnie was amazing though in xyz, Clermont was fine too and Team flare is one of the best arcs in the entire anime, loved it!
The Kalos league imo is such a misstep, being so rushed, ash's battles not being shown properly and the ending to it, but hey the 6v6 battles were still good, it's a fine league but far from being the best, compared to the rest it's more or less the same, I'd rank it above OS, BW and AG leagues for sure and down Sinnoh, Alola and Johto leagues.
XY can be overrated imo due to its loud fanbase IN MY VIEW (don't attack me for this lol), and ig a lot of the distaste towards the fandom occurs from how much they **** on SM when it was airing and well some people to this day do that although the majority imo have moved on and just celebrate their fav series while appreciating other series too, but you will find a few oddballs who will be like SM is garbage, PJ is garbage, XY is Perfection foreverrrrrr but to be fair, that you will find in any fandom be it SM, PJ, DP, AG, OS (I refuse to believe BW stans actually exist in the sense that BW is perfect lol)
XY is great, I don't hate it at all like some people think even if it feels like I talk more about its negatives then positives. I enjoyed it a lot and I really like Yajima, especially with the top tier movies he's doing (the AU movies revived them imo)