1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon the Series XY | Pokémon the Series XY&Z

Discussion in 'Episode Discussions' started by Serebii, Nov 11, 2016.

1. Soniman

Soniman Break the Limit

"we made Serena admire Ash so we could explore that idea" is all that's said, I have no idea where you got that assumption other then just wanting to rant about XY Ash again

I only ever hear that in regards to Kalos League, and that's not even the fault of the saga as a whole and more just the League as a self contained arc bring poorly paced. They could've re arranged some stuff in the 8 episodes they were given and turned out a much better League, it was less about having little time and just plain ol lousy writing

Also the idea that they had to censor the kiss to get it on TV confuses me, I didn't know kissing I'm Japan was that scandalous, it explains why you rarely see it in anime

Last edited: Jan 3, 2017
  2. Daniel31

Daniel31 HopingGaryReturns

Sigh...why must you remind of us of the horrible Binacle episode, I had it blocked out of my mind entirely before I read this. I agree with what you say though, Master Class definitely could've used 1 more episode, maybe then we would've had time to actually see Aria's performance.

If only Ash would've had the high ground.

3. Frozocrone

Frozocrone Miraculous!

We all know XY Ash is Ben Kenobi. SM Ash is not the Ash you're looking for.

4. Daniel31

Daniel31 HopingGaryReturns

At least SM Ash has C3PO...I mean Rotomdex.

MockingJ likes this.
  5. Navin

Navin MALDREAD

This all makes sense now:

[IMG300]http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/pokemon/images/5/5d/Alain's_furious_eyes.png/revision/latest?cb=20151116140705[/IMG300]

[IMG300]http://www.cheatsheet.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Hayden-Christensen-in-Star-Wars-Revenge-of-the-Sith.jpg[/IMG300]

6. AshSerena

AshSerena Well-Known Member

The interview is not only that just saying , I think it's gonna take a lot of time for Dephender to translate it all so I just send him some interesting part of the interview (IMO) , thanks Dephender for doing translation for that :))

(Btw the interview has 11 pages including storyboard)

7. Epicocity

Epicocity Well-Known Member

You know, I don't disagree with the episode before the League but...the Binacle episode isn't quite as dismissive as one would think. It offered two important plot points: Xerosic experimenting on Z2 and Squishy watching humans and Pokemon working together, both things playing into the future. Could they have put it in another episode? Maybe. But we can't exactly dismiss it out of hand. If you still want the 3-episode structure, XYZ 21 would have been the better one to remove, because that had nothing to it but a reliance on Bonnie's gag (even if it was fun).

8. Soniman

Soniman Break the Limit

I think getting rid of the phantump episode would've been better since it came smack dab in the middle of the greninja arc

9. Epicocity

Epicocity Well-Known Member

I'd agree, but I was talking simply on the two episodes surrounding the Master Class. But yeah...that Phantump episode was really just shoving Phantump into an episode and nothing more...

10. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "Oh, look. A comment."

And then when he shows up, he's all smiles. I found that pretty jarring, myself.

Good god, these animators are pretty good at making nightmare faces.

11. Frozocrone

Frozocrone Miraculous!

Its also occurred to me that Alain Skywalker ended the dreams of many children

The comparisons are too real

12. Oh so that's what they meant by that lol

13. Red and Blue

Red and Blue Well-Known Member

Im surprised the interviewer didn't ask why Ash lost the Kalos League despite the supposed build up.

14. Soniman

Soniman Break the Limit

I laughed way more then I should have

15. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

Where did this interview come from? A book? A magazine? TV show? Con?

If it came from a piece of merchandise, I'd like to purchase it. Could you help me, please?

You know, before Act II, I had come up with this theory. But then I read around here he's supposed to be around 17 then it all fall flat lol

16. AshSerena

AshSerena Well-Known Member

it is called アニメスタイル010 that release dec 27, i bought mine from amazon.jp but I'm not sure if they are shipping this outside japan, i have some foreign friends on twitter and they said they know a site where they can buy this
    i leave the link in just case, (Jp)
    https://www.amazon.co.jp/アニメスタイル010...=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1483435762&sr=1-1

17. UltimateNinja

UltimateNinja ~Ice Cold~

Probably because they needed some more time to write the important events, so they had to do those fillers. XYZ was already full packed in a way one year wasn't enough. Build up episodes would've been better, but then they would've had less time to do the important part of the arcs. Them writing some decent build up episodes happens after they scripted the main parts.

The problem here was not doing fillers right before the tournaments, but the pacing of the fillers and their distribution. At the beginning of XYZ there were 3 fillers in a row. Instead they should've done one filler and the save the others for the future. They probably have done that because they wanted weeks of time in advance to write the later episodes, but the series catched up and had less time and especially less episodes to write those episodes decently -> league was rushed for a better evil team plot. That's what I think happened.

MockingJ likes this.
  18. AuraChannelerChris

So young Japanese children hardly get to see kisses fully shown in their shows?

Waaaaaaaay to full their shippers, man.

Ironically, I found that to be the most romantic thing they did besides the kiss. Unfortunately, the fact Ash makes the relationship so one-sided didn't give me anything to root for Serena.

Isn't this normally how they operate every generation, anyway?

Didn't Anakin keep being a major evil threat with no redeeming qualities who died in the end.

Sorry, Mairin. He also loves his Charizard.

Makes me wonder why is Ash's skin, er, brown?

I really don't think they didn't have to go this far. Ash had shown said bond very well with Charizard and Infernape.

The only major difference here is that they wanted to make Greninja be able to compete(?) against everyone tossing Mega Evolutions left and right, and if they had made Ash use a Mega Evolution on the side, it would have surely sidelined Greninja and use the taboo known as...CONTINUITY! (That and I think having a third Charizard around would've been overkill, or a second Sceptile, if those two picks would've been chosen. Well, Charizard sidelined the Unova team already. Ha ha).

And we get a strange episode of lock-picking focused on...a Binacle, not a Klefki. And then that strange Animal Planet-like episode in Litleo and the very tame Phantump episode.

Eh.

19. Soniman

Soniman Break the Limit

Wow Klefki never did get an episode to itself, all it got was being a signature Pokemon for showcase announcer guy.

Come to think of it I don't think Spritzee's evolution got any spotlight either, you think for such small dex they would have easily have been able to give every mon a episode

20. AuraChannelerChris

Then there was Honedge.

You'd think with a backstory like that, it would've made a good haunted mansion episode.