• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Pokémon Theme" full, official instrumental version

TeridaxXD001

Was an official, full length instrumental version of the first opening song ever released or used anywhere? I've seen several versions online, but most of their uploaders indicate they edited them in the description. I know parts of it were used for various things like commercials and anime BGM, but usually with voices and sound effects playing over it.

I'm specifically referring to the same arrangement as the regular version. Therefore, the karaoke version found on that licensed (but "unofficial") single doesn't count, nor does the instrumental arrangement of the Billy Crawford version found on the Brazilian soundtrack to the first movie. Some of the versions I've heard online sound pretty accurate, so I'm just wondering where they're sourced from.

Note: I'm not looking for pirated mp3s, just information.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
If you haven't found an official version of the instrumental on places like Youtube, then chances are that no official instrumental was ever released. I've found several fan-made ones that are good though, so why not just use one of those? It's the next best thing.

TeridaxXD001

I don't quite understand your question.

How is "instrumental" different from "karaoke"? Isn't that what you are looking for?

You misunderstood. The "karaoke version" I'm referring to originates from a three-track CD single released in 1999 by Robbins Entertainment. It's licensed (the back cover mentions Cherry Lane and Jigglypuff Music, the rights holders of American Pokémon music releases at the time) but it doesn't use any official logos, or mention Nintendo or 4Kids or anything. Not even the singer is credited, I don't think. Anyway, the important part is that it's a different recording, with slightly different arrangement, both the vocal and karaoke version. I'm essentially looking for the backing track of the full version released on the 2BA Master album, and that karaoke track isn't it.

So what I get from this is that a clean instrumental was never publicly available, but can easily be spliced together from multiple sources. Thanks. I'm trying to collect instrumental versions of English songs.