• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

~Pokémon Theology~

Lucario_Guy

Diety of Technology
~Pokémon Theology~

The other day, I watched Arceus and the Jewel of Life on YouTube, and it got me thinking: 'Just how do all of the Legendary Pokémon fit together and in what order might everything in the Pokémon universe have been made?'

So, I did some research, and developed this creation-esque hypothesis: http://img42.imageshack.us/img42/1328/arceuscreationofthepoke.png

Now, there are a couple of things that I want to explain.

First, the order in which everything was created. It is only logical that Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina were made first, as they themselves set Time in motion, gave Space its being, and keep the Real World balanced. Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza then came to life to shape the Earth and its general features: Land, Sea, and Sky. Regigigas and the Golem Trio then went to work to give the newly formed planet important details, like definite continents, ice caps, and mineral deposits. To bring forth cyclic activity, such as ocean currents and weather, Lugia and the Legendary Birds were born. In order to mystify the inevitable life that would soon inhabit Earth, Ho-oh and the Legendary Beasts arose and added natural phenomena such as rainbows and volcanic eruptions to the equation. On the ‘Sixth Day’ of Arceus’ creation of the Pokémon universe, Inhabitant Life sprouted from the likes of Celebi and Mew, and Jirachi served as the ‘lower god’ whom granted the Egg-bearing wishes of all Pokemon. Finally, Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf hatched from an Arceus-formed Egg and granted Humans Knowledge, Emotion, and Willpower.

Also note that this is quite similar to the Christian view of real world origins, yet Pokémon themselves evolve. <--(awesome)

Second, how Eggs are made. When a Pokémon couple desires to have an Egg, they Wish to Jirachi. Jirachi, through legendary means, informs Mew of this. Mew then creates said Egg from some of its DNA (as it contains the DNA of all Pokémon) and hands it off to Celebi. Celebi, according to the Pokédex, then leaves the Egg wherever in time it was wished for.

As a lover of Pokémon, I surely hope this has fascinated you all, and I’d like to ask you to discuss the topic, and tell whether you agree or disagree and why (but keep it civilized).

Sincerely,
~LG

Kai678

Umbreon Trainer
Sounds pretty cool. Seems logical.

Fataal

Lone Archetype
Since i have nothing better to do I'll entertain your theory.

No. To all six or seven days.

While you put alot of time into this you're making Pokemon out to be something that it isn't: a religion.

It's a game, nothing more and nothing less. And if you want to believe Arceus is "God" then I'll add that Arceus was created by GameFreak meaning their the 'gods' of your strangely created universe.

But other than that this was very well thought out though elaborate. And the Mew Celebii Jirachi combo was cute and comical.

Last edited:

mrsora

Magically Delicious!
Where does Darkrai fit into this? The fallen right hand of the almighty, returned to haunt in dreams forever?

mrsora

Magically Delicious!
Friggin double post <.<

Last edited:

col_serra

<------ is hot!
i like it all but mew and mewtwo my theory is that mew created arceus and then arcues made the rest. also mew is weaker now because of the power it takes to make all pokemon.

mewtwo was a clone of mew than gained some of mews original power back and at first he is evil as was darkai but they so had a chang of heart mewtwo now watches over the humans and pokemon along with mew whilst serebii(darn puns) and darkrai watch over gitratina palkia and dialga.

oh and:
http://i36.*******.com/30dau86.gif

Last edited:

While you put alot of time into this you're making Pokemon out to be something that it isn't: a religion.

It's a game, nothing more and nothing less. And if you want to believe Arceus is "God" then I'll add that Arceus was created by GameFreak meaning their the 'gods' of your strangely created universe.

But other than that this was very well thought out though elaborate. And the Mew Celebii Jirachi combo was cute and comical.
Agreed, Pokemon is a game not a religion, it's just a game.

BCVM22

i like it all but mew and mewtwo my theory is that mew created arcues and then arcues mad the rest also mew is weaker now because of the power it takes to make all pokemon.

What little in-game text there is to support any of these says that Arceus is the genesis of everything, not Mew. In fact, it's only ever been said that Mew contains the genetic material of every Pokémon, not that it created the whole lot of them.

mewtwo was a clone of mew than gained some of mews original power back and at first he is evil as was darkai but they so had a chang of heart mewtwo now wathces over the humans and pokemon along with mew whilst serebii(darn puns) and darkrai watch over gitratina palkia and dialga.

You're just writing anime-based fanfiction at this point. Save for Team Rocket's Meowth, none of the mediums ever suggest that there's any such thing as an evil Pokémon and in fact go out of their way to point out that anything that seems to be such is either provoked into rampaging by human interference (Mewtwo, Kyogre, Groudon, Dialga, Palkia) or just following the orders of their trainer (any of the Pokémon used for battling by a villain team member).

Dialga, Palkia and Giratina have no link to Darkrai.

col_serra

<------ is hot!
like i said my theory and beleaf!

BCVM22

You can put up the "my opinion!" shield if you like, that doesn't mean I can't point out the flaws in what you're putting forth.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
OH COME ON.

The latest "Religion" topic was just closed-

Oh wait, this thread doesn't mention Arceus as God. What a pleasant surprise.

Well then, I will say this: if you wanted to try and tie together all the dex entries, you succeeded.

If you wanted it to make sense, you somewhat succeeded.

If you wanted it to be right, you failed.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
You're just writing anime-based fanfiction at this point. Save for Team Rocket's Meowth, none of the mediums ever suggest that there's any such thing as an evil Pokémon and in fact go out of their way to point out that anything that seems to be such is either provoked into rampaging by human interference (Mewtwo, Kyogre, Groudon, Dialga, Palkia) or just following the orders of their trainer (any of the Pokémon used for battling by a villain team member).

Mystery Dungeon, Golden Boys, and Magical Pokemon Journey (although those were more of just scary pranks) beg to differ.

Also, Kyogre and Groudon and Dialga and Palkia fight ANYWAY. Humans aren't telling them to fight in these mediums, they just unleashed them to make the fight POSSIBLE. The whole reason both those sets were split up is because they fought in the past, and given the time frame, it's likely humans didn't even *exist* when those feuds started.

ShinySandshrew

†God Follower†
As far as fan-fic goes (not trying to be insulting if wasn't meant to be that) its a good idea. To the people who are saying it shouldn't be like religion: Have you payed close attention to your Pokemon games? The games treat all the myths in a similar fashion to religion in general.

WhereIsMyWonderland

Poison Master
I really enjoy mythology, and LG's explanation realy does seem the most logical if it were to be true in the pokémon world. It's the theory I would agree with, were I a citizen in the pokémon world.
And I mean, come on, guys. It's just a game, so why not have fun putting the given pieces of the puzzle together-- even if you have to fill in others yourself?
Well done, LG. I thoroughly enjoyed it. :)

Jb

Tsun in the streets

Gotta agree with this guy. It just a kids game try not to think to hard about it

Kim62

Hello
I still prefer my theory where arceus isn't a god and in fact didn't even start out as a Pokemon. But your theory's good too I guess.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
I kind of came up with my own idea of how the pokemon universe was created in a time-paradox-y kind of way:

Arceus creates the Titans. The Titans create time, space, and the Distortion World. The Pixies are created to lull the Titans to sleep, and they also birth Cresselia and Darkrai (as dreams are created by consciousness, which the Pixies sort of embody). Then, Mew is born, and somehow is able to replicate itself. Two of the Mews quickly evolve, transforming into the Weather Trio, who create the land, sea, and sky, followed by the Birds and the Beasts. As Mews begin to populate the newly-formed world, they begin to transform into different forms. These forms then become permanent, resulting in the various pokemon. Over time, some of these pokemon evolve more and more, and eventually, humans are born from pokemon. Humans create societies, and those societies become somewhat hostile, as human societies normally are, and so to defend themselves, the humans begin to befriend pokemon and even create new ones, a la the Regis. To show off their power, some humans even create a colossal Regi known as Regigigas, who is so strong that it shatters the single island that makes up the whole world, then drags the shattered remains of Pangaea around, creating the continents.

Now, here's where the time paradox happens. The event-only pokemon, namely Jirachi, Deoxys and Celebi, are, I believe, small fragments or something of the Titans (Palkia, Giratina, and Dialga, respectively). Think about it: Jirachi is sort of representative of space, Celebi of time, and Deoxys comes from a strange mysterious land, kind of like a certain distorted area... Anyway, so, these strange pokemon are born somehow. Mew, due to its being the first pokemon ever after the Gods, knows how the universe was begun. But how did Arceus' egg get to be at the dawn of everything? Well, Mew figures it out: Mew finds Celebi, has Celebi send it back to before everything existed, then replicates a special egg, thus giving birth to Arceus.

Just an idea I had. It is plausible. Then again, one could say that MERMAIDS RIDING ON UNICORNS MADE ARCEUS HAPPEN, and if it's what Game Freak says, that's how it happened...