• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon to be Added To SwSh

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Where did you hear anything like that?

This thread, actually.
  • Fire, 8 (including Primal Groudon)
It doesn't really benefit itself from dynamaxing though. All status moves become Max Guard, and it lacks the power to make much use of attacks that use attacking stats.
It doesn't need to Dynamax to invalidate nearly half the Pokemon in the game. In fact, special Dynamaxers are less viable simply for Chansey existing as it can force most of them out (or simply stall them out) if they Dynamax while it's still alive. However, there is another factor that I realized I hadn't considered, which I'll touch on in a sec...
Assuming Toxic doesn’t becoming a Move Tutor Move it will be heavily nerfed (at least in formats that require Pokémon obtained in Galar) as the move is its main means of racking up damage (aside from Seismic Toss). It could get it as an Egg Move but all the Toxic users in Gen 8 are either Poison-types or based off things themed around Poison (bar Bellossom but only because it evolves from Gloom).

Well, ignoring the fact that Home will likely allow you to transfer a Toxic Chansey from a Gen 7 game (unless for some reason checks are in place to prevent such a thing), Chansey doesn't actually need Toxic to 1v1 nearly any special attacker in the game. Even in Gen 7 where Toxic Chansey was perfectly legal, it would sometimes drop it for Thunder Wave or Wish + Protect (which admittedly isn't feasible on carts thanks to Wish Chansey coming from an obscure Gen 3 event, meaning legitimate Wish Chanseys are nearly impossible to find). Gengar can now reliably break past Chansey thanks to +2 Life Orb Focus Blast 2HKOing but it already beat Chansey to begin with by Taunting it. Just about every other special attacker is susceptible to Seismic Toss, and even ones with recovery can generally be PP stalled if Chansey is carrying Rocks or another high PP move instead of Heal Bell.

That being said, like I mentioned earlier there's a factor I didn't consider; Softboiled isn't in SS. Unless the expansion pass reintroduces it (and I don't necessarily think that's out of the question), the Chansey family won't really be viable unless you can track down one of those rare Wish Chanseys as they'll lack any reliable means of recovery outside of Rest and possibly Life Dew. Rest Chansey could be somewhat usable thanks to Natural Cure but will definitely lack the stalling power of Softboiled sets, especially without access to Toxic.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
Actually, on that note, Soft-Boiled is coded into the game. It's just at present nothing can learn it, so you'll only see it if it's called up by Metronome.

Interesting. If that's the case and the Chansey line retains access to it, then I definitely think Chansey will be just as obnoxious in Gen 8 as ever, if not slightly more so for its ability to invalidate many Dynamax users without needing to Dynamax itself. On the other hand, this kind of is the sort of thing that stall teams need in order to keep up with Dynamax generally giving defensive Pokemon the short end of the stick. I'm not sure if a return of hard stall as a viable playstyle will be a good thing or a bad thing, but with Chansey and a number of other Dexited Pokemon reappearing, I think it will likely happen.

I hope they'll finally allow Chansey to learn Wish through breeding, or through another event or something though. It's annoying that Wish Chansey is technically legal, but nearly impossible to legitimately find, and it gives an advantage to people who are willing to use hacked/genned Pokemon over people who aren't. Chances are you're not finding a truly legitimate one, but hacking one in that looks legitimate isn't too difficult.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
There is a chance of that. They gave Solrock and Lunatone Baton Pass in Sword and Shield by level, which used to be from XD I think. They also got Morning Sun and Moonlight respectively, which used to be from the Dream World so discontinued.

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
If Zygarde ever returns, I hope they give it Fly or Bounce just as a hilarious reference to something that happened recently. Or heck give it a new exclusive move themed around rockets, not in a cool logical way but in a cool dumb way like how Godzilla could fly in the old films.

Kingudora

My favourite
I felt like doing a different kind of speculation, namely which TMs/TRs the added pokémon might be able to learn. Specifically TMs/TRs that haven't been available as TMs or move tutors before. Not all of them (sorry Scary Face and Charm), but at least some of the more significant ones.

Italic are predictions for pokémon that I think are less likely to learn the move and wouldn't really surprise me if they won't be able to learn it
Bold are for pokémon who already have been able to learn the move in the past, and are probably guaranteed to learn it by TR

TM46 Weather Ball:
Psyduck, Golduck, Chansey, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Blissey, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Spheal, Sealeo, Walrein, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Happiny, Cryogonal, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Amaura, Aurorus, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini

TM96 Mystical Fire:
Chansey, Moltres, Blissey, Entei, Ho-Oh, Happiny, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Heatran, Giratina, Cresselia, Zorua, Zoroark, Larvesta, Volcarona, Fletchling, Fletchinder, Talonflame, Xerneas​

TM99 Breaking Swipe:
Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Lugia, Groudon, Rayquaza, Gible, Gabite, Garchomp, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Amaura, Aurorus, Yveltal, Zygarde​

TR51 Dragon Dance:
Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Horsea, Seadra, Kingdra, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Latias, Latios, Gible, Gabite, Garchomp, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Yveltal, Zygarde

TR53 Close Combat:
Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Golduck, Electabuzz, Marill, Azumarill, Elekid, Azurill, Metang, Metagross, Gible, Gabite, Garchomp, Electivire, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Talonflame, Xerneas, Lycanroc, Tapu Koko, Tapu Bulu​

TR55 Flare Blitz:
Moltres, Entei, Ho-Oh, Groudon, Heatran, Larvesta, Volcarona, Fletchling, Fletchinder, Talonflame

TR56 Aura Sphere:
Raikou, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Latias, Latios, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Cresselia, Xerneas​

TR66 Brave Bird:
Zubat, Golbat, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Crobat, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Latias, Latios, Tornadus, Fletchling, Fletchinder, Talonflame, Yveltal, Tapu Koko

TR68 Nasty Plot:
Zubat, Golbat, Psyduck, Golduck, Crobat, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Metang, Metagross, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Zorua, Zoroark, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Dedenne, Yveltal, Tapu Lele

TR89 Hurricane:
Zubat, Golbat, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Crobat, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Rayquaza, Volcarona, Tornadus, Fletchling, Fletchinder, Talonflame, Yveltal

TR90 Play Rough:
Marill, Azumarill, Azurill, Dedenne, Xerneas, Rockruff, Lycanroc, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini

TR93 Darkest Lariat:
Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Electabuzz, Elekid, Electivire, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Lycanroc (Midnight), Tapu Bulu

TR99 Body Press:
Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Chansey, Electabuzz, Azumarill, Blissey, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Walrein, Metagross, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Kyogre, Groudon, Garchomp, Magnezone, Electivire, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Giratina, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Talonflame, Yveltal, Zygarde​

Ignition

It’s always tomfoolery time
I felt like doing a different kind of speculation, namely which TMs/TRs the added pokémon might be able to learn. Specifically TMs/TRs that haven't been available as TMs or move tutors before. Not all of them (sorry Scary Face and Charm), but at least some of the more significant ones.

Italic are predictions for pokémon that I think are less likely to learn the move and wouldn't really surprise me if they won't be able to learn it
Bold are for pokémon who already have been able to learn the move in the past, and are probably guaranteed to learn it by TR

TM46 Weather Ball:
Psyduck, Golduck, Chansey, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Blissey, Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Spheal, Sealeo, Walrein, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Happiny, Cryogonal, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Amaura, Aurorus, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini

TM96 Mystical Fire:
Chansey, Moltres, Blissey, Entei, Ho-Oh, Happiny, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Heatran, Giratina, Cresselia, Zorua, Zoroark, Larvesta, Volcarona, Fletchling, Fletchinder, Talonflame, Xerneas​

TM99 Breaking Swipe:
Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Lugia, Groudon, Rayquaza, Gible, Gabite, Garchomp, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Amaura, Aurorus, Yveltal, Zygarde​

TR51 Dragon Dance:
Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Horsea, Seadra, Kingdra, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Latias, Latios, Gible, Gabite, Garchomp, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Yveltal, Zygarde

TR53 Close Combat:
Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Golduck, Electabuzz, Marill, Azumarill, Elekid, Azurill, Metang, Metagross, Gible, Gabite, Garchomp, Electivire, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Talonflame, Xerneas, Lycanroc, Tapu Koko, Tapu Bulu​

TR55 Flare Blitz:
Moltres, Entei, Ho-Oh, Groudon, Heatran, Larvesta, Volcarona, Fletchling, Fletchinder, Talonflame

TR56 Aura Sphere:
Raikou, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Latias, Latios, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Cresselia, Xerneas​

TR66 Brave Bird:
Zubat, Golbat, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Crobat, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Latias, Latios, Tornadus, Fletchling, Fletchinder, Talonflame, Yveltal, Tapu Koko

TR68 Nasty Plot:
Zubat, Golbat, Psyduck, Golduck, Crobat, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Metang, Metagross, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Zorua, Zoroark, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Dedenne, Yveltal, Tapu Lele

TR89 Hurricane:
Zubat, Golbat, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Crobat, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Rayquaza, Volcarona, Tornadus, Fletchling, Fletchinder, Talonflame, Yveltal

TR90 Play Rough:
Marill, Azumarill, Azurill, Dedenne, Xerneas, Rockruff, Lycanroc, Tapu Koko, Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, Tapu Fini

TR93 Darkest Lariat:
Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Electabuzz, Elekid, Electivire, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Lycanroc (Midnight), Tapu Bulu

TR99 Body Press:
Nidoqueen, Nidoking, Chansey, Electabuzz, Azumarill, Blissey, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Walrein, Metagross, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Kyogre, Groudon, Garchomp, Magnezone, Electivire, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Giratina, Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Talonflame, Yveltal, Zygarde​
I like speculating on what changes Pokémon get to their move sets in new generations as well so this is interesting. The Dragon Dance & Body Press potential groups would be interesting to see if they became real

Kingudora

My favourite
I like speculating on what changes Pokémon get to their move sets in new generations as well so this is interesting. The Dragon Dance & Body Press potential groups would be interesting to see if they became real
I'm quite frightened by the possibility of Dragon Dance Garchomp, and I think the only real reason why it wouldn't be able to learn it would be for balance's sake.

For Body Press, I'm really hoping that Magnezone does get it, even if I'm less sure that it will than other pokémon on my speculative list. Magnezone could really use the coverage, and other pokémon similar to it (like Bronzong and Ferrothorn) can learn the move.

Ignition

It’s always tomfoolery time
I'm quite frightened by the possibility of Dragon Dance Garchomp, and I think the only real reason why it wouldn't be able to learn it would be for balance's sake.

For Body Press, I'm really hoping that Magnezone does get it, even if I'm less sure that it will than other pokémon on my speculative list. Magnezone could really use the coverage, and other pokémon similar to it (like Bronzong and Ferrothorn) can learn the move.
Agreed. DD Garchomp sounds terrifying

Magnezone really gets hindered by the removal of HP so BP would be good for it especially for Magnet Pull sets to counter other Steel Types like you said.

Anything else you’re hoping for?

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Hopefully that G-Max form won’t go down in literal flames like the Hindenburg.

Well, a Dynamaxed Pokémon (including Gigantamax) already explodes when they're about to faint, so we'd probably see that anyway. And may be why Gigantamax Drifblim probably won't happen.

YkftFNL.png

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Well, a Dynamaxed Pokémon (including Gigantamax) already explodes when they're about to faint, so we'd probably see that anyway. And may be why Gigantamax Drifblim probably won't happen.

YkftFNL.png
I thought so but figured I was just imaging flames happening when a G Maxed Pokémon goes down

Kingudora

My favourite
Agreed. DD Garchomp sounds terrifying

Magnezone really gets hindered by the removal of HP so BP would be good for it especially for Magnet Pull sets to counter other Steel Types like you said.

Anything else you’re hoping for?
I would say Close Combat for Metagross and Electivire, mostly because I feel like it would be a fun move for them, but not really something they need. Otherwise, Body Press for the Regis, especially Regirock.

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Seeing as Apricorns are coming back, I could see every Pokemon that evolves with a Moon Stone being added to the DLC, mainly so you can get the most use out of the Moon Ball. In the base game it's just Clefairy and Munna, and we know from the announcement trailer that the Nidos will be back, that leaves Jigglypuff and Skitty, so I'm guessing they'll be back too.

Orphalesion

Is the Hindenburg disaster really still that present in people's minds that it would prevent the creation of a Gigantamax Drifblim? I mean we already have Dynamax Drifblim, and Gigantamax Duraludon who looks like a modern sky scraper, so....

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Another Pokémon I'd like to see return is the Jigglypuff line, if only for the idea that Wigglytuff is immune to both of Dragapult's types.

Is the Hindenburg disaster really still that present in people's minds that it would prevent the creation of a Gigantamax Drifblim? I mean we already have Dynamax Drifblim, and Gigantamax Duraludon who looks like a modern sky scraper, so....

You got a point there, considering they also explode, and you're right--Gigantamax Duraludon would be way more sensitive. There was an iconic episode of DuckTales in which their universe had a similar counterpart, and they even called it the Hidentanic combining it with the sinking of the Titanic.