• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon to be Added To SwSh

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
With the recent Direct confirming the addition of new and old Pokémon as well forms for both, I think it was appropriate to make a separate thread for it.

This is for:
-What Pokemon you hope return in the 200
-What Pokemon have been confirmed to return
-Thoughts on new regional and G Max forms
-Pokemon you want to get either of those forms
-Thoughts on the new Legendary Pokémon

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I was never a big fan of Zapdos' original design, so I'm really liking this long-legged ratite version. It's like some kind of lightning ostrich. Don't dislike the other two, but still probably prefer the original Articuno and Moltres designs.

I think I may like that Electric Regi more than any of the existing ones.

Not too keen on the design of Calyrex, it's too abstract/bizarre. Though good on them for giving it Unnerve, it's a appropriate ability. Kubfu is meh, but the Water/Fighting form of Urshifu is pretty good looking. Not sure about any of them being Legendary pokemon (especially since you get given Kubfu as some kind of starter gift), but maybe they are sub-legendaries like Heatran, Latios, etc. (i.e. just rare, powerful pokemon).

As for old pokemon I hope return, I'd like it if all the starters got in, or at least Serperior (please give it a few good Special Attacks besides Leaf Storm and Dragon Pulse). Gliscor and Zebstrika would be other pokemon I hope return. But if I'm not to simply list favorites, then I hope to see as fair a distribution of types and generations as they can manage (admittedly harder to do if they include all the starters).

Of those confirmed to return, I like Garchomp but fear just what it will accomplish if they let it learn Dragon Dance. Nice to see Volcarona as well.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I'm a bit more iffy on them bringing back so many legendary pokemon though... I'd rather competitive battles weren't dominated by them again, to where teams consist of 80% legendaries and 20% regular pokemon (to name some semi-random numbers). Bringing back the Tapus means giving their Surge abilities to other, weaker pokemon was rather pointless. I suppose they could make quite a few of the non-box legendaries restricted in usage like the box legends are, but that comes with its own issues. i.e. there is a big difference in power between Landorus and Moltres, despite them both being non-box legends.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
This I think is the list of regular pokemon we know to be returning in the different areas:

Isle of Armor:
Kingdra
Dedenne
Zorua
Azurill
Chancey
Magnezone
Volcarona
Lyranroc (midday form)

Crown Tundra:
Nidorino
Aurorus
Beldum
Garchomp
Elekid
Sealeo
Crobat
Cryogonal

There's also Talonflame, though it's unclear which area it will be available in. And of course, the other Kanto starters.

Tsukuyomi56

Sky High Knight
Glad that Garchomp, Volcarona and Metagross are returning though I can see some people are not too happy the Tapus and Landorus are taggging along for the ride. Hoping the other starters and pseudo-legendaries (and Breloom too)are returning as well.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I’m hoping for:
Glameow And Purugly with a new Galarian form
Jigglypuff line
Galarian Tynamo line that gain the Water typing
Sewaddle line
Hoppip line
Beldam line
Bagon line
Dratini line
Absol
Carbink

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Well I'd say Garchomp but.... lol

I hope Shinx and Rockruff appear, they're literally the only ones of my favorites aside from Gible, not in the base game!

Love G-Max Moltres, Articuno, and Zapdos. In that order!
Blastoise is okay.... but Venusaur seems cursed to have ugly forms :/

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
Well I'd say Garchomp but.... lol

I hope Shinx and Rockruff appear, they're literally the only ones of my favorites aside from Gible, not in the base game!

Love G-Max Moltres, Articuno, and Zapdos. In that order!
Blastoise is okay.... but Venusaur seems cursed to have ugly forms :/
Lycanroc is confirmed to be in The Isle of Armor!

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
I hope for a couple non-legendary Pokemon. We have 5 more legendaries now. Two more legendary and I am satisfied with the number of legendaries.

They can do more Galar-forms plus cross-gen evo too. My wish here is that we'll have 100 new Pokemon by the end of the generation ( and Sinnoh remakes also could get dlc content). With the 5 new Pokemon we're sitting at 86 Pokemon right now.

I like Urshifu and Kubfu. Calyrex is okay. The new Regi's are pretty cool (and it's awesome to actually make more of them).
The legendary birds are also quite neat.

DragonScale

RIght off the bat, i got Nidoking, Magmortar (cause Electivire is, meaning he's in too), Azumarill, Metagross, Volcarona, Tyrantrum (like with Mag, Aurorus is in, meaning he's in too) and Lycanroc all returning

Now i'm hoping for:
Feraligatr
Ampharos
Yanmega
Honchkrow (and by extension, Mismagius)
Gliscor
Sceptile
Breloom
Aggron
Torterra
Staraptor
Luxray
Scolipede
Krookodile
Eelektross

but competitively speaking, nearly none of the matters when its gonna go back to the same Gen 7 metagame all over again but with the biggest Max moves exploiters, on top of Garchomp getting Dragon Dance and Tapu Koko and Tapu Bulu getting Play Rough

Reinhardt

You! Me! Rivals! Yes?
Lycanroc is confirmed to be in The Isle of Armor!
It's probably safe to say Lycanroc Midday will be exclusive to Isle of Armour and Midnight will be exclusive to Crown Tundra, but I wonder if Dusk Lycanroc will be back too? I missed out on getting Dusk Lycanroc the first time, so hopefully it'll come back as a Mystery Gift again.

As for which Pokemon I hope return, Grimer/Muk (plus the Alola forms), Skiddo/Gogoat, Flabebe/Floette/Florges, and Litleo/Pyroar are the main ones, but I'm not holding my breath for any of them.

I'm not keen on any of the new Pokemon revealed, but I could see Urshifu fitting well in a Pokken Tournament sequel if there ever is one, or even in Smash Bros.

JW1004

I hope these new areas give the oppertunity to evolve certain mon in their Alolan Forms, instead of being forced to only trade them over. And the Tundra would be the perfect area for A-Vulpix and A-Sandshrew lines to appear as natural habitat

Also I would love Bellsprout line to get an G-form and Weepinbell to get a cross gen split evo to mirror the Oddish line in a way

JW1004

It's probably safe to say Lycanroc Midday will be exclusive to Isle of Armour and Midnight will be exclusive to Crown Tundra, but I wonder if Dusk Lycanroc will be back too? I missed out on getting Dusk Lycanroc the first time, so hopefully it'll come back as a Mystery Gift again.

As for which Pokemon I hope return, Grimer/Muk (plus the Alola forms), Skiddo/Gogoat, Flabebe/Floette/Florges, and Litleo/Pyroar are the main ones, but I'm not holding my breath for any of them.

I'm not keen on any of the new Pokemon revealed, but I could see Urshifu fitting well in a Pokken Tournament sequel if there ever is one, or even in Smash Bros.
Dusk depends on the ability, so they easily could add Rockruff/ Lycanroc to raids for everybody and make it possible for everybody to get Dusk

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
but competitively speaking, nearly none of the matters when its gonna go back to the same Gen 7 metagame all over again but with the biggest Max moves exploiters, on top of Garchomp getting Dragon Dance and Tapu Koko and Tapu Bulu getting Play Rough
Perhaps, though one also has to consider the Surge abilities are not as strong now (damage boosts are 30% instead of 50%, Defog removes Terrains), and a lot more abilities negate Intimidate.

Sponge

I'm mostly hoping for...

Staryu/Starmie
Skrelp/Dragalge
Chatot
Venipede/Whirlipede/Scolipede
Ducklett/Swanna
Numel/Camerupt
Mienfoo/Mienshao
Shroomish/Breloom
Mareep/Flaffy/Ampharos
Glameow/Purugly (poor things need to be put in a game soon)
Maybe some UBs like Nihilego or Poipole

As for the legendary Pokemon...I prefer Calyrex to Kubfu/Urshifu. I don't really get legendary vibes from Kubfu at all. (I mean it looks about as legendary as Pancham does...)

I'd say I prefer the new regis the most though. It looks like an electric type and dragon type regis.

So in order of preference..

Two new regis > Galarian (?) Bird Trio > Calyrex > Kubfu/Urshifu

DragonScale

Perhaps, though one also has to consider the Surge abilities are not as strong now (damage boosts are 30% instead of 50%, Defog removes Terrains), and a lot more abilities negate Intimidate.
i know about the new Anti-Intimidate abilities, but the surge abilities being nerfed, i didn't know

Leonhart

Imagineer
I hope that Rentorar (Luxray) and its pre-evolved forms get added to the DLC pack. I don't have that many other requests, I'm just simply glad that Game Freak is doing this.