• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon to be Added To SwSh

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Yup, it is better late than never, compared to Kalos starters never getting Megas, and the only freaking Kalos Pokémon to get a Mega being a freaking mythical!!!

Well, the three that exist have names that are literally just copies of the name of the type "steel", "ice", and "fire", so I see no reason why that pattern wouldn't continue with something like Regidragon and Regilectric.

They couldn't have done it on time for November 2019, a deadline TPC forced on GF.
I think you mean "rock", not "fire".

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan

SBaby

Dungeon Master
LOL! Regifire! HAHA

It really is funny that the Regis are starting to become the next Eeveelutions. What's next? Are they going to tell us that the Regis all evolved from a Normal Type Pokémon?

Det. Viper

That’s Detective Viper to you
The expansion packs and added Pokémon seem to be a reaction to how the fans reacted to the Dex Scandle. They probably have been developing models for those that have been cut since release of the game. I’m all for adding Pokémon back into the game and I would like to see all of them eventually patched back in. Bringing back some of the cut moves would also be greatly appreciated by long time fans.

As far as the expansion sets I knew it was just a matter of time before Pokémon got into that. It seems like almost every game released nowadays is only 3/4 complete with the final pieces being released as a paid DLC. It’s not a bad thing but that’s the gaming business right now.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
The expansion packs and added Pokémon seem to be a reaction to how the fans reacted to the Dex Scandle. They probably have been developing models for those that have been cut since release of the game. I’m all for adding Pokémon back into the game and I would like to see all of them eventually patched back in. Bringing back some of the cut moves would also be greatly appreciated by long time fans.

As far as the expansion sets I knew it was just a matter of time before Pokémon got into that. It seems like almost every game released nowadays is only 3/4 complete with the final pieces being released as a paid DLC. It’s not a bad thing but that’s the gaming business right now.
At the very least the Pokemon are not paid, only the new areas. The Pokemon are available through transfer and trading.

JW1004

I kinda want to see a few more cross gen evolutions for new Galar forms
Maybe have Spinda and Dunsparce as both Normal types become a certain type and then evolve in something, as version exclusives in some way, idk what their evolutions should be based on but both have more potential than what they are now imo.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I hope Shinx appears as either a Galarian form or itself. Only favorite left unaccounted for now
It'd be nice if a Sinnoh Pokemon got a Galarian form in general considering the generation got passed over.
Look at it like this
Kanto has SIX! (Nine after the birds get added)
Johto and Hoenn a pitiful low number of one, but at least they got something.
Sinnoh? Nothing..... not even a Gigantimax form! The latter I can forgive as that is a possible hint of remakes adding some, but not even a regional form for a Sinnoh Pokemon? Seriously?!
Unova has three, and unlike Kanto this region deserves a high amount. It had ONE Mega Evolution and that was it!

Leonhart

Imagineer
SBaby said:
It really is funny that the Regis are starting to become the next Eeveelutions. What's next? Are they going to tell us that the Regis all evolved from a Normal Type Pokémon?

I'm actually a bit irked that Game Freak are adding more members to the Regi clan. I thought that the original three were good enough and I only tolerated Regigigas being added in Gen IV because it at least served as the leader of the original Regi trio, but I don't see what the new Regi Pokemon from the expansion pack could possibly add.

Noy

I'm actually a bit irked that Game Freak are adding more members to the Regi clan. I thought that the original three were good enough and I only tolerated Regigigas being added in Gen IV because it at least served as the leader of the original Regi trio, but I don't see what the new Regi Pokemon from the expansion pack could possibly add.
I guess Regigigas got bored and decided to make more. or it's their hobby of making various regis and everyone is just ignorant of their past works.

well Regigigas is normal type, so close enough.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend

It’s funny how we have gotten a Dragon type Regi but not the Dragon Eeveelution people have been wanting. So far, at least... who knows what other new Pokémon will be added in this generation.

The Isle of Armor better have Aggron’s line. Hoping for other Steel types like Bastiodon too.

Noy

the only pokemon I have a strong interest in getting added currently are lopunny, torterra, and lilligant. but mainly the lilligant, since i caught a shiny of it 3 gens ago. most of the others i didn't mention are already in, or are known to be implemented in the expansion.

also it would be nice if some of the mega mons get g-max forms, if they decide not to ever add mega as an expansion.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
It’s funny how we have gotten a Dragon type Regi but not the Dragon Eeveelution people have been wanting. So far, at least... who knows what other new Pokémon will be added in this generation.

The Isle of Armor better have Aggron’s line. Hoping for other Steel types like Bastiodon too.
Your post made me think of 2 things:
*Small chance but maybe a new Eeveelution?
*Surprised Bastiodon and Rampardos weren’t already in the games as they had the offense vs defense/ unstoppable force vs unmovable object theme[/QUOTE]

PanchamSquirtle

Only Pokémon lines I need back (besides all the starters):
Sandygast
Crabrawler
Heracross
Sandile
Sewaddle
Helioptile
Carbink

I will take regular or regional variations of these.

Yknot

Дми́трий Дми́триевич
https://nintendowire.com/guides/pokemon-sword-and-shield/expansion-pass-returning-pokemon/

this is what I saw confirmed so far. not saying this is everything. I don't even know where this source is getting info from besides the trailer.

Honestly my wish came true they are adding metagross so I can continue my eternal ribbon quest on my ribbongross so I am super happy. Not super thrilled I have to buy the expansion twice on the same account for both games but I'll live and decide if I want both expansions for both games later.

honestly was super pumped to shiny breed g-slowpoke. I took a risk and bred for bulky bellydrum inside trick room. got lucky and it got only 1 SpAtk on the random stat so I could even use it for surf cheese on a steamengine coalossal if i wanted lol.

pretty much everything looks amazing to me.

people say garchomp and the tapus will ruin the meta but honestly anyone who has pushed masterball rank season 1 knows that many teams run the same core, to the extent that my anti meta team climbed pretty well to masterball rank in doubles even though I'm not super experienced in VGC or ranked. So i think some additional diversity in the pokedex will be good. G-wheezing neutral gas pretty much checks all the Tapu's anyway and terrain is everywhere with dmax moves already.

landipan

I would happily pay for DLC Eeveelutions, whatever the cost >:D

Sponge

I'm mostly hoping for...

Staryu/Starmie
Skrelp/Dragalge
Chatot
Venipede/Whirlipede/Scolipede
Ducklett/Swanna
Numel/Camerupt
Mienfoo/Mienshao
Shroomish/Breloom
Mareep/Flaffy/Ampharos
Glameow/Purugly (poor things need to be put in a game soon)
Maybe some UBs like Nihilego or Poipole

I can't believe I forgot to include Tropius in this list!

Although really I'm not feeling too concerned about who gets in anymore. I mean there are around 450 Pokemon still unaccounted for. If you take 200+ to mean somewhere between 201 and 249 (because they'd probably say 250+ if it were that high) Then that would mean after this expansion pass we'll be left with around 201-249. Which seems like the perfect number for a second expansion pass.

I think if we end up getting half of the starter Pokemon in this expansion pass it'll probably be another sign that we'll be getting a second expansion pass.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

Well, Regigigas is the trio (quartet...?) master of the Regis, and it is indeed a Normal-type. It's been my headcanon for a while now that Regigigas created the other Regis by separating aspects of itself, and the Regis could be combined to form a Pokemon with aspects of all 3 types but that's not really supported by anything in actual canon. It's also possible that the Regis were manmade as they do have a sort of vaguely automaton-esque quality to them, but again, not really supported. If that's the case, that leads to an interesting question; if humans created the Regis, why did they seal them away?

I think there's a lot of unanswered questions as to the backstory and origins of the Regis, and I hope this expansion with the introduction of new Regis will explore that and perhaps provide some answers.