• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon to be Added To SwSh

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
Indeed, I'm surprised any Helio line fan would be unaware that it was in the Galar dex all along. They even fixed its moves finally, letting it learn Sunny Day and Solar Beam.
I agree. I kept running into them trying to get to Stow-on-Side. Most ran from me but some came up and attacked me.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
I hope the Abra line makes the cut. I miss it. Same with the Scyther line.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
So, with new DLC, I'm going to refresh my list of Pokemon that I want to appear:

-Scyther/Scizor
-Shinx/Luxio/Luxray
-Buizel/Floatzel
-Houndour/Houndoom
-Carvanha/Sharpedo
-Numel/Camerupt
-Swablu/Altaria
-Absol
-Buneary/Lopunny
-Blitzle/Zebstrika
-Sandile/Krokorok/Krookodile
-Archen/Archeops
-Emolga
-Tynamo/Eelektrik/Eelektross
-Skiddo/Gogoat

AgentKallus

It's not a game Kate.
Doesn't that seem a little bit over-optimistic considering how much they have talked about how resource intensive it supposedly is to create models/animations?
Personally I don't expect any more new Pokemon than the ones they have already showcased in the trialer.

Whilst I do think that 40 is perhaps optimistic, I don't think this is everything as It would be unusual to show everything off at once and they said that they're still working on it but I guess time will tell.

Thus we have the real reason all those Pokémon were cut in the first place. How is it that I predicted this? Oh yeah, because companies have done this before, many many times.

But they're not charging for programming more pokemon back in, and not being able to catch them all across one pair of games has been consistent since gen 3 (Excluding pikavee well sort of)

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Your post made me think of 2 things:
*Small chance but maybe a new Eeveelution?
*Surprised Bastiodon and Rampardos weren’t already in the games as they had the offense vs defense/ unstoppable force vs unmovable object theme

There’s always a possibility but yeah, the chances feel slim. I guess Bastiodon/Rampardos is a Solrock/Lunatone situation from Gen 7 where some seemingly fitting Pokémon ended up not being part of the regional dex. Interesting how none of the old fossils were included in the Swsh base game. Maybe the emphasis on exploration in Tundra makes more sense for fossils to be found there.

I would happily pay for DLC Eeveelutions, whatever the cost >:D

While it would be great to see new Eeveelutions added in, I kind of wish they would have already been included in the base game rather than having to pay for the extra. Sort of how it didn’t exactly feel right to me that USUM had introduced a few new Pokémon but people had to pay for the full game to get them. But I suppose DLC would work better in comparison, and adding brand new Pokémon mid-Gen is part of how Game Freak is doing their “third version” expansions.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Still pulling for Glameow since it hasn't been in a game since Pearl or really really late in OR/AS.

also would like to see Deerling. It could change forms with the wild area Weather, maybe.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I actually like Urshifu a lot.

I definitely hope to get the Fighting/Water type. It looks cool, and I like water. lol

I'm pretty excited to see which 200 Pokemon get added to Sword & Shield. Fingers crossed for Jynx.

landipan

While it would be great to see new Eeveelutions added in, I kind of wish they would have already been included in the base game rather than having to pay for the extra. Sort of how it didn’t exactly feel right to me that USUM had introduced a few new Pokémon but people had to pay for the full game to get them. But I suppose DLC would work better in comparison, and adding brand new Pokémon mid-Gen is part of how Game Freak is doing their “third version” expansions.

Oh I definitely agree, I'm new to DLC so I'm wary about where this DLC road will lead us in the future for Pokemon games, but if there's one thing I'd happily pay extra for it's new Eevees. I'll take 'em anyway I can get 'em.

KahunaLagoonaEX

We got Azumarill (Now make Focus Punch an Egg Move, and give Azurill Aqua Jet), Metagross, Crobat, Magnezone, Electrivire, Blissey, Kingdra, Volcarona, Talonflame, and Lycanroc.

I'm a happy camper - now give me Donphan, Ambipom, Sandslash, Alakazam, Golem, Muk, Exeggutor, Marowak, Tauros, Starmie, Scizor, Dragonite, Politoed, Heracross, Gliscor, Swalot, Cacturne, Porygon Z, Tyrantrum, Bruxish and all the other Starters & Electric types and I'll be even happier.

I'm a bit more iffy on them bringing back so many legendary pokemon though... I'd rather competitive battles weren't dominated by them again, to where teams consist of 80% legendaries and 20% regular pokemon (to name some semi-random numbers). Bringing back the Tapus means giving their Surge abilities to other, weaker pokemon was rather pointless. I suppose they could make quite a few of the non-box legendaries restricted in usage like the box legends are, but that comes with its own issues. i.e. there is a big difference in power between Landorus and Moltres, despite them both being non-box legends.

I mean, I kinda expected them to pull this "Catch all the Legendaries" ordeal. Sucks we have to deal with Lando-T again but whatever.

I hope these new areas give the oppertunity to evolve certain mon in their Alolan Forms, instead of being forced to only trade them over. And the Tundra would be the perfect area for A-Vulpix and A-Sandshrew lines to appear as natural habitat

Oh they better. They really should have something that allows you to evolve a Pokemon into the normal Non-Alolan/Galar forms, as well as something to allow them to evolve them into the Alolan/Galar forms regardless of the game's origin.

Anyone want to speculate on the names of the new Regi? Based on design I'm assuming Electric and Dragon, so perhaps Regibolt and Regigon?

Regijin for the Electric one (based on Raijin), and Regidrake for the Dragon one.

Yup, it is better late than never, compared to Kalos starters never getting Megas, and the only freaking Kalos Pokémon to get a Mega being a freaking mythical!!!

You remember why they chose to not give Megas to Gen 6 Pokemon, right? Because one of the reasons they gave was that it was to update the old Pokemon's designs and make them newer.

They didn't do Megas for any Gen 5 Pokemon for the exact same reason, excluding Audino but that was done in the ORAS update.

They couldn't have done it on time for November 2019, a deadline TPC forced on GF.

And here we'll have a repeat. Forzen Tundra will release in November. When they say "Fall 2020" they usually mean "Oct-Dec"

*Small chance but maybe a new Eeveelution?

"NEW EEVEELUTION 99.9% CONFIRMED!!!"

Please no.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
We got Azumarill (Now make Focus Punch an Egg Move, and give Azurill Aqua Jet), Metagross, Crobat, Magnezone, Electrivire, Blissey, Kingdra, Volcarona, Talonflame, and Lycanroc.

I'm a happy camper - now give me Donphan, Ambipom, Sandslash, Alakazam, Golem, Muk, Exeggutor, Marowak, Tauros, Starmie, Scizor, Dragonite, Politoed, Heracross, Gliscor, Swalot, Cacturne, Porygon Z, Tyrantrum, Bruxish and all the other Starters & Electric types and I'll be even happier.

I mean, I kinda expected them to pull this "Catch all the Legendaries" ordeal. Sucks we have to deal with Lando-T again but whatever.

Oh they better. They really should have something that allows you to evolve a Pokemon into the normal Non-Alolan/Galar forms, as well as something to allow them to evolve them into the Alolan/Galar forms regardless of the game's origin.

Regijin for the Electric one (based on Raijin), and Regidrake for the Dragon one.

You remember why they chose to not give Megas to Gen 6 Pokemon, right? Because one of the reasons they gave was that it was to update the old Pokemon's designs and make them newer.

They didn't do Megas for any Gen 5 Pokemon for the exact same reason, excluding Audino but that was done in the ORAS update.

And here we'll have a repeat. Forzen Tundra will release in November. When they say "Fall 2020" they usually mean "Oct-Dec"

"NEW EEVEELUTION 99.9% CONFIRMED!!!"

Please no.
People are going to do it anyway so it doesn’t bother me

NeedsAName

Full list of confirmed Pokémon, including evolutionary relatives of confirmed Pokemon:

• Bulbasaur, Grass/Poison
  • Ivysaur, Grass/Poison
  • Venusaur, Grass/Poison
  • Squirtle, Water
  • Wartortle, Water
  • Blastoise, Water
  • Nidoran-F, Poison
  • Nidorina, Poison
  • Nidoqueen, Poison/Ground
  • Nidoran-M, Poison
  • Nidorino, Poison
  • Nidoking, Poison/Ground
  • Zubat, Poison/Flying
  • Golbat, Poison/Flying
  • Crobat, Poison/Flying
  • Slowpoke (Galarian), Psychic
  • Slowbro (Galarian), UNKNOWN TYPE
  • Slowking (Galarian), UNKNOWN TYPE
  • Magnemite, Electric/Steel
  • Magneton, Electric/Steel
  • Magnezone, Electric/Steel
  • Happiny, Normal
  • Chansey, Normal
  • Blissey, Normal
  • Horsea, Water
  • Seadra, Water
  • Kingdra, Water/Dragon
  • Elekid, Electric
  • Electabuzz, Electric
  • Electivire, Electric
  • Articuno (Galarian), UNKNOWN TYPE
  • Zapdos (Galarian), UNKNOWN TYPE
  • Moltres (Galarian), UNKNOWN TYPE
  • Azurill, Normal/Fairy
  • Marill, Water/Fairy
  • Azumarill, Water/Fairy
  • Raikou, Electric
  • Entei, Fire
  • Suicune, Water
  • Ho-oh, Fire/Flying
  • Lugia, Psychic/Flying
  • Spheal, Water/Ice
  • Sealeo, Water/Ice
  • Walrein, Water/Ice
  • Beldum, Steel/Psychic
  • Metang, Steel/Psychic
  • Metagross, Steel/Psychic
  • Regirock, Rock
  • Regice, Ice
  • Registeel, Steel
  • Latias, Dragon/Psychic
  • Latios, Dragon/Psychic
  • Groudon, Ground
  • Kyogre, Water
  • Rayquaza, Dragon/Flying
  • Gible, Ground/Dragon
  • Gabite, Ground/Dragon
  • Garchomp, Ground/Dragon
  • Uxie, Psychic
  • Mesprit, Psychic
  • Azelf, Psychic
  • Dialga, Steel/Dragon
  • Palkia, Water/Dragon
  • Heatran, Fire/Steel
  • Giratina, Ghost/Dragon
  • Cresselia, Psychic
  • Zorua, Dark
  • Zoroark, Dark
  • Cryogonal, Ice
  • Larvesta, Bug/Fire
  • Volcarona, Bug/Fire
  • Tornadus, Flying
  • Thundurus, Electric/Flying
  • Landorus, Ground/Flying
  • Fletchling, Normal/Flying
  • Fletchinder, Fire/Flying
  • Talonflame, Fire/Flying
  • Amaura, Rock/Ice
  • Aurorus, Rock/Ice
  • Dedenne, Electric/Fairy
  • Xerneas, Fairy
  • Yveltal, Dark/Flying
  • Zygarde, Ground/Dragon
  • Rockruff, Rock
  • Lycanroc, Rock
  • Tapu Koko, Electric/Fairy
  • Tapu Lele, Psychic/Fairy
  • Tapu Bulu, Grass/Fairy
  • Tapu Fini, Water/Fairy

New Pokemon:
  • Kubfu, Fighting
  • Urshifu, Fighting/Dark or Fighting/Water
  • Calyrex, Psychic/Grass
  • Dragon Regi, UNKNOWN TYPE
  • Electric Regi, UNKNOWN TYPE

That's a total of 89 Pokemon, added to the dex out of what is going to be 201-249 new Pokemon.

Type Count of Pokemon added to the dex:
  • Bug, 2
  • Dark, 4 (including Single-strike Urshifu)
  • Dragon, 11 (probably at least one more due to that regi appearing to be a Dragon-type)
  • Electric, 10 (probably at least one more due to that regi appearing to be an Electric-type)
  • Fairy, 9
  • Fighting, 2 (including Kubfu and Urshifu)
  • Fire, 8 (including Primal Groudon)
  • Flying, 13
  • Ghost, 1
  • Grass, 5
  • Ground, 8
  • Ice, 7
  • Normal, 5
  • Poison, 12
  • Psychic, 13 (including Calyrex and G-Slowpoke) (probably at least two more due to G-Slowbro and G-Slowking)
  • Rock, 5
  • Steel, 9
  • Water, 16 (including Rapid-strike Urshifu)
I personally feel that we'll also get Tyrunt/Tyrantrum due to Amaura/Aurorus, as well as several other fossil Pokemon, such as the Cranidos and Shieldon lines, which would make perfect sense as version exclusives. Also, I really hope we get more returning Bug, Dark, Fighting, Grass, and Normal-types. My list of lines I hope to see:
  • A-Sandshrew/A-Sandslash
  • A-Vulpix/A-Ninetales
  • Igglybuff/Jigglypuff/Wigglytuff
  • Pinsir
  • Ledyba/Ledian
  • Spinarak/Ariados
  • Misdreavus/Mismagius
  • Heracross
  • Shroomish/Breloom
  • Nosepass/Probopass
  • Aron/Lairon/Aggron
  • Surskit/Masquerain
  • Cranidos/Rampardos
  • Shieldon/Bastiodon
  • Snivy/Servine/Serperior
  • Tepig/Pignite/Emboar
  • Oshawott/Dewott/Samurott
  • Lillipup/Herdier/Stoutland
  • Audino
  • Tyrunt/Tyrantrum
  • Crabrawler/Crabominable
  • Sandygast/Palossand
  • Komala

I also have a feeling we'll get more new Pokemon, including at least three Galarian-form evo lines, and a few new legendaries.

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I'm also glad the Crobat line is back, bats are my second favorite animals after mice (what Pikachu is)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Well, I've already got my boys Talonflame and Garchomp back.

Now I only need my beloved Chespin (favorite pokémon), Shinx, Mudkip and Oshawott and I'll be satisfied.

-Shinx/Luxio/Luxray

I see you are a man of culture as well.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
So Primal Groudon and Kyogre are confirmed to return? I wonder if Rayquaza will receive anything due to losing its Mega Evolution. Perhaps a Gigantomax form?

Also everyone's complaining about Lando-T and sure Lando is obnoxious, but I'm honestly more annoyed that Chansey is returning.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
So Primal Groudon and Kyogre are confirmed to return?
Where did you hear anything like that?

Also everyone's complaining about Lando-T and sure Lando is obnoxious, but I'm honestly more annoyed that Chansey is returning.
It doesn't really benefit itself from dynamaxing though. All status moves become Max Guard, and it lacks the power to make much use of attacks that use attacking stats.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Gablias (Garchomp) returning in this expansion update is exciting to me since prior to the announcement of "Dexit", I was thinking about using one on my Sword team. It's such a popular Gen IV Pokemon that I'm still a little surprised that Game Freak cut it out of Shield and Sword to begin with. Same with Kairyu (Dragonite).

Give me back my Ampharos!!!

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Assuming Toxic doesn’t becoming a Move Tutor Move it will be heavily nerfed (at least in formats that require Pokémon obtained in Galar) as the move is its main means of racking up damage (aside from Seismic Toss). It could get it as an Egg Move but all the Toxic users in Gen 8 are either Poison-types or based off things themed around Poison (bar Bellossom but only because it evolves from Gloom).