• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon Trainer Anime Canon Tier List

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

It is more possible that it depends on the bond between trainer and pokemon, since that is how mega evolution works, not the training or experience of a pokemon.

Charizard already has a great bond with Ash so it's absurd to say it would only be as strong as Sawyer's Mega Sceptile.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
If you think "Bond Phenomenon" is better than ME then A-G should have no problem taking out Alain's MCX and E4's Aces oh wait.......

Well, I have stated this before, but once again saying this- Ash doesn't have a Keystone and Mega Stone for his Charizard to Mega Evolve.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

It would be stronger than Mega Sceptile, my point is that it is completely up for debate whether it would be stronger than Ash-Greninja.

It is not up for debate because MCX>AG>Alain's Base Charizard=Ash's Charizard> Base Greninja

Alain's MCX is strong because of its bond,training,and experience.

What's stopping Ash's Charizard from having the same thing?

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
It is not up for debate because MCX>AG>Alain's Base Charizard=Ash's Charizard> Base Greninja

I don't know why you are ignoring my point that Ash doesn't have a Keystone and Mega Stone.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I don't know why you're ignoring my point that Greninja can't do the same things as Ash's Charizard without the combined power of Ash.

But Greninja has access to the transformation, so what is your point? It will be stronger when it becomes Ash-Greninja. So saying that it's weaker than Charizard without the transformation is quite pointless.

snorlax512

Firstly, Alain base Zard is probably stronger than Ash base Zard, seeing as it swept KL with base form.

Secondly, Alain probably has a stronger bond with his Charizard as his Charixard is basically Ash's pikachu.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

Firstly, Alain base Zard is probably stronger than Ash base Zard, seeing as it swept KL with base form.

Secondly, Alain probably has a stronger bond with his Charizard as his Charixard is basically Ash's pikachu.

Ash's Charizard has been capable of sweeping half a team in base form since the Silver Conference so giving it ME would make it more unstoppable.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

Well I can't agree with this one. Alain swept through Kalos League using his MC-X, not base Charizard. Alain is more accustomed to battling with his Charizard by Mega Evolving it. So Ash's Charizard will probably defeat Alain's Charizard if it doesn't Mega Evolve. Alain's Charizard only has a victory against Remo's Rhyperior and Ash's Pikachu who was seriously exhausted after battling two Pokemon in its base form.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
And? Seems like you're just surmising that Charizard can sweep a team the way his Metagross and Charizard.

You don't know whether Charizard defeated them in his base form or Mega form. We have seen Charizard ploughing through opponents in its Mega form, not base form.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Yeah Alain's MC X > E4 Mega > AG > base Ace Champion Pokémon > base Ace E4 Pokémon ~ Ash's Charizard ~ Peakachu ~ Alain's Charizard > Greninja

Ash-Pikachu

You don't know whether Charizard defeated them in his base form or Mega form. We have seen Charizard ploughing through opponents in its Mega form onscreen, not base form.

We saw Alain's Charizard w/o Mega Evolution sweeping through Remo's entire team with Metagross's help.

The only moment where Alain was compelled to use Mega Evolution was against Garchoo, but other than that, yes, Alain's Charizard did play a huge part in demolishing Remo's team. We're even given a glimpse of Charizard demolishing Remo's Rhyperior, so we're given an indication that Alain didn't use Mega Evolution there.

snorlax512

You don't know whether Charizard defeated them in his base form or Mega form. We have seen Charizard ploughing through opponents in its Mega form, not base form.

Against Remo in the quarter finals, it was shown that Alain defeated 5 of remo's Pokemon without mega evolving his Charizard. He only mega evolved it when Remo sent out mega Garchomp. I think it is highly implied that Alain swept the KL with just his base Charizard and Metagross, and only mega evolves it when battling other mega evolved Pokemon.

snorlax512

Ash's Charizard has been capable of sweeping half a team in base form since the Silver Conference so giving it ME would make it more unstoppable.

Sweeping half a team is different than sweeping an entire league until the finals. Ash's charizard has gotten a lot stronger, but that doesn't nessecarily mean that it is capable of sweeping a league right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.