• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon UNITE General Thread

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
When this game was first revealed, I wasn't really into it. I'm not a huge fan of MOBAs anyway - I played Heroes of the Storm on and off for a couple of years, but that's it - so a Pokemon version of the genre was not what I was hoping for. Then the Japanese beta happened about a month ago, and suddenly this game seemed pretty neat! I liked the roster, the gameplay was simple enough and it just looked nice. Can't really ask for more than that.

Now I've played the game constantly for the last 3 days (today being a quiet day for me) and I am having a lot of fun, it's a blast to play! I think my highest win-rate Pokemon is Slowbro? Maybe Alolan Ninetales, but at any rate the roster is super fun to play and everyone feels pretty unique. Balanced? Hard to say, partially because I am awful at this game and have been killed way too easily at times (looking at Gengar and Zeraora in particular there) so I'll leave more experienced players to answer that one. I haven't bought any new characters yet because I like unlocking them and want to see if the 7 day challenges will change next week and offer a new Pokemon (this week is Crustle). I'm hoping it does, and I hope one of the support Pokemon gets offered since I've encountered maybe 2 Mr. Mime and Wigglytuff each in random battles? Eldegoss was a starter so doubt it'll be offered so soon, but I'd like one support at least to round out my roster a bit. I'm currently heavy on attackers with Pikachu, Alolan Ninetales and Venusaur (with Cinderace and Greninja on the way).

There are caveats to my enjoyment of the game though, namely the fact that item upgrades can be bought with real life money and the fact that there's a cap on how much currency in the game you get. The first issue is one I know not a lot about - you seem to get items through either buying them with in-game currency, IRL money or unlocking them via the daily challenges so I only have the ones you don't buy (Leftovers/Wise Glasses/Muscle Band/Scope Lens/Exp. Share currently) and I haven't upgraded any of them. Whether the upgrades to level 20 or 30 are severe enough that a player who buys them with real money would steamroll their matches is something I cannot say, but I personally think that the option to do so does taint the fun the game possesses. Getting destroyed in random matches I feel should relate more to skill level than spending cash to upgrade items, plus.... this is Pokemon. Kids will play this game, and it can feel horrible being destroyed by someone who spent £50+ on item upgrades. Personally i think the monetisation should've been limited to Pokemon outfits (I'd spend money to get the Snorlax and Cinderace ones in a heartbeat) and maybe the gatcha thing, but that's just me. Will leave it to the pros to discuss whether there's a genuine issue here. The second issue is more since I capped after 3 days and I want to keep earning something, even if it's just the gatcha stuff at a reduced rate (or Aeos coins). It feels icky being capped since you want all the items + Pokemon and this limits you hard since 2100 coins a week means it'll take you 3 weeks to buy a Pokemon if you ignore the current mission bonuses and stuff? Which is eh, but if the missions and challenges are continued after the launch season then I guess it's a non-issue.

Anywho, will round out my rambling by throwing some Pokemon out there I want to see in the game! It needs Gen 2 representation (Blissey may be coming later on but right now there's nothing) - gimme Scizor as a speedster, Tyranitar as an all-rounder, Heracross as an attacker, Meganium as a support and Donphan as a defender! I'll also take Flygon as a speedster, Electivire as an all-rounder, Haxorus as an attacker, Chesnaught as a defender and Primarina as a support? I'd be happy with any of those, I'm liking how this game handles support Pokemon (in that it's not just heals) so I hope they continue the trend.

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Never really been interested in Moba's, but i tried this since it's free and Pokemon.

Can't really say this changed my mind at all. I have been logging in for the Daily bonuses and 1 match a day though.

get OHKO'd a good bit too i feel like.

TyranatarGojira

Wow, nobody on any of the forums I go to wants to talk about this game. Anyways I've been playing it since it's free. It's fun. I've never played a MOBA before, though a friend tried to get me to play League of Legends with him. Sadly it may not be a hard Pay to Win, but you certainly will unlock everything a lot faster if you pay more for this free to play game than if you don't.

Gardevoir dropped today, and it's... I'm gonna say it's powerful, but I think it's not good, and it should be an advanced play level, not an intermediate. And the reason I say that is because while Gardevoir is incredibly hard hitting, if squishy. But that's not what the fatal flaw is. You have to get it to Gardevoir. Ralts evolves at level 6, and Kirilia at 10. That's absurdly high, considering that they are, how do I put this... Useless isn't the right word. A freaking handicap for your team. Yes that's accurate. Basically they can't do anything much, and the moment the enemy team sees them, it screams "Kill it for easy points". Teleport would help, but you lose it before you are any good. Sure Gardevoir is powerful, and the idea is to turn the tide in the late game. Good luck not being hundreds of points behind by then. And if the enemy team's any good you'll still be underlevel. Sure putting a shield up after moonblast is amazing. Too bad you'll never reach that point. Sure you can try and grind the wild Pokemon, but you'll still be leaving your team a mon short. And if the enemy team's any good, they won't be letting you get the Rotom's, Dreadnaws and Zapdos.

Gardevoir needs it's evolution requirements dropped two levels I'd say, even if they need to nerf some moves, just because it's so long before it 's any help, and not a millstone.

Flame Haji

Ground Gym Leader
I played this as well, it's my first MOBA and I'm really enjoying it. I've played a few ranked games, but sometimes I get the worst teammates haha. But that's okay, I've never cared about a win ratio too much. I hope we get some ground types, other than Garchomp. I love him, but a non dragon would be cool. A Speed Sandslash or a Tank Hippowdon, something two stage haha.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I started playing it the day it came out as I have been playing mobile LOL for like four years and was SUPER pumped for this game. I enjoy it but I also only seem to be able to play one or two matches until I get bored or annoyed and move over to mobilelol.

I initially did not think the scoring points system would make the game that much different but I feel like it completely changes the game from other MOBAs, and not in a good way. I would rather my kills count then have to score points, so I hope they make a new mode that makes it only about kills, and then the time system for matches can be really annoying. I don't mind having a time limit, but I wish there was a score limit that also make a team win before the time limit, otherwise it can be annoying to play through the whole time.

My main is Wigglytuff because she's so fun to use and one of my favourite pokemon, but at the same time, Pokemon Unite has the worst teamwork system and chat system of any moba that I have played, which makes being a support character a hit or miss. With good teams, I can use sing and we can work together so well, but other times I pick sing, my teammates don't know what teamwork is and I just keep getting wrecked, where as rollout would have saved me.

I just think they need to optimize and update this game, but I am glad that so many other people are really enjoying the game for now.

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
I just noticed it came out. level 3 I chose Charizard as my first trainer license and received the free Zeraora as well which i am assuming many player will take advantage off.
Unfortunately my nintendo online subscription has expired but i'm glad this game is completely free including online play.

Also despite the fact i dont play MOBA type games often i'm glad this one has a easy learning curve. My only 3 complaints are

1- Some of the licenses like for lucario and garchomp are expensive if you are avoiding microtransactions. It's gonna be a grind unlocking things with currency.

2- There's no easy way to see the actual goal score during the match.

3- I was hoping Pokemon HOME would allow people to transfer creatures over into this game since it was said Pokemon HOME would be compatible with pokemon games. I hope it possibly get implemented later.

TyranatarGojira

Well, I'm gonna have to make an addendum on Gardevoir. In Auroma park at least, it does well, as the three vs three and sped up leveling let you get to a point that you can actually contribute in a meaninful amount of time. The conveyer belts can help avoid getting ganked too. Also it was hilarious to see my Kirlia almost solo Regigigas, have to retreat to heal when A Ninetails from the oppossing team came in, come back and find they were still fighting the Regigigas, and ko both of them, evolving to Gardevoir.

I do wonder if Lucario and Snorlax will get hit with the Nerfbat at some point though, as right now they seem pretty dominating, and I've seen some grade a bullshit happen with Block.

SwordDude

I know this game is supposed to be pay 2 win, but I actually have allot of fun with it and I actually hardly notice it.

Reached the highest rank master today and I don't even have a full set of lvl 20 held items. while pay2win will have a full set of lvl 30 items

I'm a lucario Main a beast throughout the whole game really fun. Solo que aswell so not even an organized team people are pretty skilled in the higer ranks.

The biggest winstreaks in my experience are when you can stall Zapdos as in not killing it when your ahead.

I've heard people say to Nerf Zapdos But I'm probably one of the few people who'd say that you should keep zapdos the way it is. Teams in the advantage have the better setup when zapdos arrives but at least there is always a comeback mechanic. It keeps them matches always intense throughout the entire game and you won't get early forfeits this way. I think the game will be allot more boring if zapdos gets nerfed you can immiately see when one party wins. Even with an advantage you can lose. also thanks to zapdos being op you get organized play in those last moments having a standoff in the middle who will make the first move. that's definitely allot of fun.

Also Especially the moments when it's close and the other team get Zapdos but you actually get to hold them back those are definitely the more fun moments.

Best pokemon game in quite some time I've gotto say.

Not really a moba person, but unite battles are short and sweet at just 10 minutes instead of 30 - 1 hour. plus less complicated and easy to get into. No need to invest tons of time into it like Lol in wich you pretty much play nothing else

@Pokefan_1987

I actually like the notifications instead of the actual score it's just an indication. Keeps the battles more tense. when your ahead it's less than 100 points difference huge lead is over 100.

Allot of mons are given out for free and with the early quests etc you'll get to buy those 10K mons within 2 - 3 days

For a full set I agree. but you can try mons out on rotation only not usable in ranked, besides in wich moba are you going to use every character allot? You usually stick with a few characters

@TyranatarGojira

Snorlax and lucario are good but the actual monsters are zeroara and Gengar. Those can solo entire groups Gengar in particular.
Also Cinderace also tends to be higher ranked than lucario and especially snorlax. if anyone gets a nerf it's probably those 3

Last edited:

Nyter

Island Challenger
2- There's no easy way to see the actual goal score during the match.
I think if they did do that, It would allow the team that is behind to easily give up, cutting short a lot of these matches (more than they already do).
3- I was hoping Pokemon HOME would allow people to transfer creatures over into this game since it was said Pokemon HOME would be compatible with pokemon games. I hope it possibly get implemented later.
Sorry but I don't think they meant ALL games. These are the only games Pokemon HOME is compatible with...

• Pokémon Sword - Nintendo Switch
  • Pokémon Shield - Nintendo Switch
  • Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu! - Nintendo Switch
  • Pokémon Let's Go Eevee! - Nintendo Switch
  • Pokémon Bank - Nintendo 3DS
  • Pokémon Go (iOS and Android)
So not even games like Pokemon Snap, Pokken Tournament, or Pokemon Masters is included.

I actually think the game has a way of keeping you drawn in yet still keeping you at bay from having to much of a winning streak. Let's face it, you can't win one of these matches alone. And unless you have 4 other friends who grind just as much as you may, random matches determine your team members thus your ability to win or lose. I have grinded so much with Slowbro but I think if you win a few matches, the random generator will "randomly" match you to lesser skilled players who haven't really grinded their items or have not as many licenses.

I am not saying I am the best and that everyone else is the problem but, If I could have at least 2 more other skilled players out of the other 4, I feel confident we can pull out a win, but the game won't really do that if they see you have won a bunch. And also actually purchasing may sway things as well. That is my opinion however. Anyone have a 5 streak match win in randoms?

But overall this game is fun... especially if it isn't all one-sided. I love tense plays like this.

SwordDude

I think if they did do that, It would allow the team that is behind to easily give up, cutting short a lot of these matches (more than they already do).

Sorry but I don't think they meant ALL games. These are the only games Pokemon HOME is compatible with...

• Pokémon Sword - Nintendo Switch
  • Pokémon Shield - Nintendo Switch
  • Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu! - Nintendo Switch
  • Pokémon Let's Go Eevee! - Nintendo Switch
  • Pokémon Bank - Nintendo 3DS
  • Pokémon Go (iOS and Android)
So not even games like Pokemon Snap, Pokken Tournament, or Pokemon Masters is included.

I actually think the game has a way of keeping you drawn in yet still keeping you at bay from having to much of a winning streak. Let's face it, you can't win one of these matches alone. And unless you have 4 other friends who grind just as much as you may, random matches determine your team members thus your ability to win or lose. I have grinded so much with Slowbro but I think if you win a few matches, the random generator will "randomly" match you to lesser skilled players who haven't really grinded their items or have not as many licenses.

I am not saying I am the best and that everyone else is the problem but, If I could have at least 2 more other skilled players out of the other 4, I feel confident we can pull out a win, but the game won't really do that if they see you have won a bunch. And also actually purchasing may sway things as well. That is my opinion however. Anyone have a 5 streak match win in randoms?

But overall this game is fun... especially if it isn't all one-sided. I love tense plays like this.

My record is a 8 winstreak in ranked happened in veteran - ultra ranked when players get more consistent. I reached master rank solo que definitely pretty doable if you can't get 5 friends together. Also Slowbro is one of the worst defensive mons in the game your impact ain't the greatest with a bottom tier mon, try to use snorlax instead the top tier of the defender role snorlax can stall multiple mons at the same time for days it's crazy.

Or maybe an attacker role cinderace lucario, machamps etc,Zeroara and cinderace are free and top 3 mons in the game.

Items don't do much I didn't have a full set of lvl 20 items to reach master rank they rarely make an impact the bonusses are really small in general. if you got lvl 10 items your golden. aim for lvl 20 eventually.

Bottom lane is where most of the stuff happens drednaw giving crazy amounts of exp you can win consistenly if your doing well in bottom and have your team go to the bottom when drednaw spawns for assistance. top lane almost means nothing in comparison. Rotom doesn't do much.

in the higher ranked matches if one person is bad your going to lose. having death weight is hard to win with especially if it's the bottom lane or the jungler. although not in the lower rankings or standard/quick matches than it's not an issue player skill is totally random than. Veteran rank and up you pretty much have no bad players left everyone is at least decent there.

Last edited:

Nyter

Island Challenger
My record is a 8 winstreak in ranked happened in veteran - ultra ranked when players get more consistent. I reached master rank solo que definitely pretty doable if you can't get 5 friends together. Also Slowbro is one of the worst defensive mons in the game your impact ain't the greatest with a bottom tier mon, try to use snorlax instead the top tier of the defender role snorlax can stall multiple mons at the same time for days it's crazy.

Or maybe an attacker role cinderace lucario, machamps etc,Zeroara and cinderace are free and top 3 mons in the game.

Items don't do much I didn't have a full set of lvl 20 items to reach master rank they rarely make an impact the bonusses are really small in general. if you got lvl 10 items your golden. aim for lvl 20 eventually.

Bottom lane is where most of the stuff happens drednaw giving crazy amounts of exp you can win consistenly if your doing well in bottom and have your team go to the bottom when drednaw spawns for assistance. top lane almost means nothing in comparison. Rotom doesn't do much.

in the higher ranked matches if one person is bad your going to lose. having death weight is hard to win with especially if it's the bottom lane or the jungler. although not in the lower rankings or standard/quick matches than it's not an issue player skill is totally random than. Veteran rank and up you pretty much have no bad players left everyone is at least decent there.
Ok you are like a guru... Thank you!...

I'm at level 13 and have like 3 items at lvl 10. Almost have my leftovers at lvl 20. I have like 5 licenses at the moment. Slowly but surely getting there. I am on day 6 of playing. I don't want to pay for anything yet. I really don't care about any wardrobe changes unless they actually enhance my battle skills.

And I just had a close battle... lost 215 - 220. It was awesome!

Pokefan_1987

I have experienced this thing too often. People are often deliberately not pressing the Ready button like a form of online griefing. Normally games just continue the lobby even if someone hasn't pressed ready. But getting booted into a new lobby if just one out of 10 was ready this can happen a lot and is infuriating:mad:

The developers need to fix this.

SwordDude

I have experienced this thing too often. People are often deliberately not pressing the Ready button like a form of online griefing. Normally games just continue the lobby even if someone hasn't pressed ready. But getting booted into a new lobby if just one out of 10 was ready this can happen a lot and is infuriating:mad:

The developers need to fix this.
I think it's great do you really want someone in your team who was afk? There ain't nothing to fix about that if you'd join automaticly things will get messy. This ensures you have people that are ready to play

besides it rarely happens after 2 times.

Pokefan_1987

I think it's great do you really want someone in your team who was afk? There ain't nothing to fix about that if you'd join automaticly things will get messy. This ensures you have people that are ready to play

besides it rarely happens after 2 times.
Good point but i think it should have a system that removes afk players that hog up vital team spaces and allows other potential places.

If you have been in call of duty zombie modes. The have lobbies where all 4 players or majority have to say ready. But if a player is delibaretely afk-ing in a public lobby... then you can't stop it and if you are sent to the lobby when trying again then tough luck.

SwordDude

Good point but i think it should have a system that removes afk players that hog up vital team spaces and allows other potential places.

If you have been in call of duty zombie modes. The have lobbies where all 4 players or majority have to say ready. But if a player is delibaretely afk-ing in a public lobby... then you can't stop it and if you are sent to the lobby when trying again then tough luck.
so than those afk people actually join the game? in a solo game mode having one person afk won't hurt to bad in a FPS it doesn't hurt a game to much especially in free for alls.. but in a team based game especially in ranked it would pretty much guarantee a loss wich is annoying. Making it automatic in ranked is not a great way. Maybe in quick play or standard.

Besides at the end of the game you can actually block or report a person for being afk. In ranked that's a little bit to late if you'd ask me since a loss hits hard in ranked better prevent it from the start than after the game when you lost when somebody was afk. I don't see how making it automatic would fix it. I don't see any advantages aside from the 10+ seconds that your saving resulting in an unfair match from the start wich isn't fun at all.

also they actually have a system to keep afk people from entering games who actually pressed the ok button and where present in the beginning.

you have a score of 100 fair game points.

If you dc or are afk your score goes down. if it's below 80 you can't join ranked and if it's below something like 60 your playing against bots for a while.

also if your in that 60 point range you can only gain a maximum of 5 fair play points a day so it would take one 4 days of regular play to join ranked again.

Last edited:

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
How do you Raise Fair Game Score?

I was playing Unite while eating Dinner and apperently lost points for being Idle. Think i'm at 85 or something.

SwordDude

You just play regular or ranked matches normally wich give 2 point

Bot matches gives 1 points

There is a cap of 5 fair play points a day. so basicly 3 to 5 matches a day.

beware though there probably ain't a cap in how much you can lose a day. A dc is minus 8 points. But Smaller punishments exist aswell

Pokefan_1987

Best way to avoid losing points for idling is to play these types of games when you have plenty of spare time.