• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon UNITE General Thread

But the most significant thing of all - they changed the evolution levels! No more level 10 Pokemon evolutions! Mamoswine / Garchomp / Gardevoir now evolve at level 5 and level 9 like the Kanto starters / Machamp / Gengar - if you jungle Gible or Ralts you will be Gabite or Kirlia at the end of your first rotation and can actually make a difference in battle. This is HUGE, will it make them viable? Maybe! Gardevoir should be pretty solid now, Garchomp may need something to do with its stacks dropping off too fast to "fix" them properly but it's a start. Mamoswine was fine anyway but apparently they fixed the delay on High Horsepower so now it actually stuns pretty quickly? That's awesome. Got lots to try out over the next week or so.
This will definitely change how I make my Pokemon Unite ideas, cause the Pokemon I created like Dragonite, Tyranitar, Metagross, Magnezone, Dusknoir, and Dragapult now have the Lv 5 -> 9 method over the old one

and I remember making Tyranitar's pre-evos specifically to make for faster evolution

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Honestly I think that is the biggest thing coming from this patch, because Gardevoir / Garchomp / Mamoswine suffer a lot from the high evolution levels and Dragonite was bound to be the same way prior to this change. Level 5 evolution is the biggest part - it gives those Pokemon flexibility in what lane they go into and grants them an upgraded move ready for the first objective rather than dragging deadweight around for the first 3-4 minutes of the game. Rather than needing your Ralts to go into the jungle just so it can be Kirlia for Drednaw or Rotom (therefore crippling your team at the start of the game because you're not putting a carry in the jungle for easy levels) it can be Kirlia for the 8:50 wild Pokemon spawns and actually be a help to the team. It's huge. Mamoswine wasn't that affected because Swinub was great early on, but the changes it received to High Horsepower alleviate its issues in the mid-late game so it's a more consistent option. It's awesome! Snorlax was also affected - it gets Heavy Slam / Flail at level 5 now and Block / Yawn at level 7, and it's Unite at level 9. Zeraora was not affected though I don't think?

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I did hear that the christmas holowears are 400 gems each. I saw it on one of the reddit post if you guys asked me.

Are there any moves for dragonite that we need to look over?

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Well i didn't hear anything like that unless i need a close hearing if it's a bug or not. i think it's because there has been a lot of sound effects coming in so it's hard to hear anything what you mentioned during the match unless other people here can get a good hearing about it and see if they able to find anything about it.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Apparently Garchomp has a bug where its Dragon moves don't crit like they're supposed to, and people are reporting doing less damage as a level 9 Garchomp than they were as a level 9 Gabite? I assume it's a bug because neither of these things are in the patch notes (unite-db added them later after players reported the issue) so if you're a Garchomp player and find yourself doing not a lot of damage... that's why. Probably a bit like Ninetales where they accidentally copied Gardevoir's scaling for Ninetales during the last balance patch, which has since been rectified I believe. Hopefully Garchomp gets fixed soon, seems like there's a lot of bugs and issues coming from this update that need to be fixed.

I have now watched Tsareena gameplay and she seems pretty damn strong. Dare I say overpowered? Perhaps. Some people think Queenly Majesty is bugged to grant Tsareena resets on her moves which is contributing towards her damage output (bit like Blastoise in that regard, being able to use basic attacks/moves when you shouldn't be able to) - it's not mentioned in the tooltip or on the page where people were discovering what her moves did so it seems likely. All 4 of her moves seem viable though which is nice! She won't be Lucario's clear-cut replacement but she'll do well in whatever lane you put her.

I did hear that the christmas holowears are 400 gems each. I saw it on one of the reddit post if you guys asked me.

Are there any moves for dragonite that we need to look over?
Yeah the Christmas hats are 400 gems per hat, which is ridiculous. Should either be 400 gems for all the hats, or you should be able to buy each hat with currency available during the festive event a bit like the pumpkins from the Halloween event let you buy Greedent/trainer poses. Honestly a lot of the holowear in general is overpriced, and that's coming from someone who bought the $40 Lucario outfit! Don't think the Crustle or Snorlax holowear should cost that much, Pikachu is fine I guess but again why does Pikachu need ANOTHER holowear? It has like 5 now I think.

As for Dragonite, I'm just gonna link the SuperTeeds video because she explains it way better than I ever could:

Dragonite looks good though! I'd buy them, when I make 10k gold again...

EDIT: Garchomp's loss of crit is actually intentional, big oof.

Last edited:

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Tsareena is Godly easily the best Pokemon I've used in Unite so far

Which is exactly why I'm sure she'll be nerfed in a week. Better enjoy her while you can

Cradily17

I absolutely love the way Tsareena plays and will continue to main her even if she does get nerfed. I'm just happy they nerfed the really strong mons like Lucario and Zeraora while buffing Gardevoir and Mamoswine. It makes teams more diverse.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I may have to agree on the nerf. tsareena's unite move is just ridiculous with that amount of damage it can do. I was ok on dealing with tsareena as venusaur. I dunno about the other moves and early evolution that's been going on. I do believe that it should evolve at 5 and 9 as part of the nerf.

I'm just glad that they nerfed down those pokemon including talonflame which it became ridiculous to deal with, but they still haven't completely nerfed down absol as other people wanted. I dunno about greninja because we know it got a nerf, but not sure about it.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Yeah so Tsareena isn't as broken as other "broken" characters who have previously been released, but she's up there. Think all she really needs is some fine-tuning to her healing/shields and to remove the cooldown removal on her abilities via Queenly Majesty - doesn't say anywhere that this should actually happen in any of the tooltips so I reckon it's a bug. Don't know about changing her levels - I think it's fine for Pokemon to have different evolution levels so long as they're balanced correctly. Tsareena is not, but that's not a level issue I don't think. Could maybe make the evolution 4 and 7? But that's a maybe.

There's currently a bug with Cramorant going on where if you score a small number of points whilst standing in your Whirlpool you're immune to damage until you score again? The developers are aware of it and will be patching soon, but I couldn't tell you when. Shame really, Cramorant could use a bit of a buff - you never really see it these days which is a pity.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I would say for tsareena's nerf, it would be 5 and 7 or 5 and 9 on evolution since it's not fair for others to get a early evolution that fast like ninetales, sylveon, eldegoss, crustle, slowbro, and others while the other pokemon evolve at 5 and 7 and 5 and 9. Unite move and other moves need a nerf as well such as lower HP restored and less shields for the moves and less damage on unite move. Ability on the other hand needs a cooldown per use.

The other part that needs to be nerfed down are the hindrances. Stuns, freeze, and sleep shouldn't stack. it's just a cheap way to ko an opponent that way also lower the duration on the hindrances.

I'm really having a rough time winning ranked matches lately. it's just that going up against higher ranked players seems unfair esp when they use overpowered pokemon like tsareena and others. They really need to fix and balance the matchmaking so bad now.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Well the thing about the new results screen is that in order to report a player, you have to hit the button on the bottom right of the screen and then highlight a player that you want to report. you can't report players on the 1st results screen.

I don't get what's the deal with these ppl not calling out central in the battle preparation screen, but they need to start force assigning these ppl that haven't called out the paths by the time the match starts cuz i know some may tend to call out central, but i change when they call it out and/or refuse to change paths and/or area. That's why i've been struggling to go to central in these matches when ppl don't follow the paths to be in or what's opened, but my guess it's the trollers, newcomers, and ppl who didn't call out the paths and area that have been going to central.

As a result, i had to report these kinds of players for disruptive behavior and harassment for following me to central as i keep telling them to retreat and they never listen. sometimes they may be responsible for not helping out and making the team lose by the time they take central. All i know is that they may or may not be the type of players who would take central when they don't call out the central area. That's why i'm getting fed up with these kinds of ppl.

Last night when i was doing a ranked match mission with my friends, me and my friends encountered this youtuber on the recent matches last night. What happened was I kept myself in the results screen for the moment after losing and then i had to make sure i get matching name right as the youtuber. I found out it was the same youtuber that i was subscribing to after the name was matched so i gave him a gj and sent him a friend request as part of the matching result.

Yeah we may encounter some players from youtube during the match. it may be just luck and/or coincidence to bump into them so it's not just top players by pokemon and/or rank that we may encounter.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I don't think disruptive behavior is taking a lane they didn't say they were going to take.

Disruptive behavior entails bigger things, like stupidly giving away hiding spots for an ambush, rushing in without preparation, etc.

Well i did hear ppl on reddit say that they reported it as a disruptive behavior. I couldn't be sure if it was harassment or disruptive behavior so i had to report either way, but yeah, reporting players for harassment may be 1 thing to do if they try to go to central without calling the path or area and steal a wild pokemon from you and prevent you from evolving early and then these kinds of ppl leave 1 teammate in 1 path behind, thinking that they can handle on their own, but they can't in terms of opponents come in fast.

So every time i tell them to retreat or assist a teammate, they just never listen and doesn't want to leave central every time i call out central first and they don't call it out regardless of the pokemon's role.

That's why they need to add a limit in setting a path / area in the battle preparations screen so the paths will be balanced enough and some kind of invisible no entry wall to prevent unwanted teammates from going to central until a min or 2 within the match started has passed or someone leaves the central area to prevent stealing.

Kill steal may be another word i would use, but yeah, it's tough to evolve early when someone tries to take the wild pokemon from you when you're heading central if first called out and another teammates goes to central.

So my guess that it would be the trollers and newcomers that are displaying this kind of behavior.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
People will report others for anything, it's not like the game gives you explicit options for what you'd call disruptive behaviour - that's up to the individual reporting to decide. If you think a teammate heading to central lane after someone else called it at the start is disruptive, report it. If you think maliciously dying to the enemy because they think the game is lost 3 minutes into a match is disruptive, report it. If you think a teammate going AFK in base because you picked Tsareena before them is disruptive, report it. I think they're all valid reasons to report someone, personally. Some more than others, but they all show complete disregard to other players and I think people should face some sort of punishment for it. Will they? Not a chance, but it's fun to think they might. Maybe one day you'll have to pick a lane and a character before you even join a queue for a match, that could solve some issues. Not sure if I agree, but food for thought I suppose.

Cramorant bug is fixed, apparently. So that's solid. Dragonite confirmed out for the 19th or 20th, can't remember which. Should be a solid All-Rounder with a very unique playstyle and Unite move, I look forward to giving them a go.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Players that are idle / afk should be reported automatically in terms of unstable connection, ran out of smart device and switch system battery, timer on parental controls have ran out, smart device not in good condition, and accidentally pressed the home button and close the game. Wrong pokemon, yeah, that should be reported, but there's a saying that they have to stick what they're good at or by first choice. they can't just keep changing at the last min into the match.

The game needs to detect the parental controls on the switch system and smart devices so they would limit these players up to 3 matches regardless of what type of match and no more than that limit. Based on what i know and heard, there was small children playing the game as well, but when it comes to the timer on parental controls, they will never get a chance to finish the match and therefore will count as idling / afk and disconnecting from the game. if it were to be 30min(s) timer on the parental controls, they're limited to 2-3 matches in a ranked and standard matches which is 10mins per match. 6 matches in a quick match which is 5mins per match.

Yeah i do agree with you on the reports though, but if they haven't done anything and not helping out, that's also disruptive behavior. Last time, this decidueye player was running around in the base area and not doing anything to help out and assist. i should've reported that player for disruptive behavior.

If the teammate goes to central without calling it out and i called it first, i just report both harassment and disruptive behavior because they tend to steal wild pokemon from me and prevent me from evolving early into the match.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Well Dragonite sure is something

And by something I mean STRONG AF

Can someone please explain to me wtf is up with Dragonite's move set tho?

Instead of named moves they say things like "Pkm_SkillDesc"

Is this a glitch?

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Dragonite is out now, and I have played 2 games with it versus the CPU! Same with Tsareena actually, since I waited to play her for some reason. I've honestly not gone anywhere near Unite for ages (partially because of poor mental health, partially because I hate playing on mobile but can't bring myself to play my Switch, partially because I've been too busy to pursue pushing for Master rank again) so here's to hoping I get back into the swing of things over Christmas.

Anyway - Dragonite is not as overpowered as I expected it to be, and Tsareena is pretty damn strong but I am bad at playing her! Funny how that works. I've been using Dragon Dance + Hyper Beam on Dragonite (Outrage looks fun but the button spamming will be better on Switch than on mobile) and it's super good with taking objectives, doing tons of damage and giving Dragonite some pretty damn good mobility! Like to the point I'm considering dropping Eject Button on it and running Potion / Fluffy Tail or something. The Unite move is pretty cool to travel distances but the wind-up means you can't really use it too well for Buddy Barrier saves or for taking objectives that way, from my limited experience. I've run Muscle Band / Scope Lens or Attack Weight / Buddy Barrier on it so far and I think I prefer Attack Weight (Hyper Beam scales really well with Attack and once you stack Dragon Dance a few times it will shred pretty much everything), didn't really notice the crits much. I'd like to swap Buddy Barrier for Focus Band when I play another time, and test how that helps with survivability. Dratini/Dragonair struggle a reasonable amount on that front but are otherwise solid. I don't think it's OP or anything - it does take a little while to get going, and the damage isn't always super consistent - but it's solid, I'd play it in solo queue quite a bit.

Tsareena I think is probably OP purely from having her cooldowns cleared at 3 stacks of Queenly Majesty - that wasn't in the tooltip and if it was removed she'd be perfectly fine I think? Her moves should do big damage but shouldn't be massively spammable all the time, which is the issue. I played Grassy Glide + Triple Axel there (which is the best combo, from what I understand) with Muscle Band / Focus Band / Buddy Barrier and she's good, I'd like to try Attack Weight on her as well over Buddy Barrier but it's no biggie. I like her too, Unite have nailed a lot of the Pokemon they've been including into the game! I really do need to play again...

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I feel like the matchmaking change didn't even do much. I hit ultra rank, but there's still people lacking teamwork and cooperation and not to mention there's still idle / afk people in ranked matches. I don't see any infos and details on the changes.

also i'm getting fed up with these kinds of ppl with a lack of listening and not helping out and assisting others when teammates are in trouble

The other part is when teammates go to central that's not called out in the battle prep, i keep reporting them for disruptive behavior and harassment all the time and they keep preventing me from evolving early in the match so it's not even fair when they take central that's not called out.

I just feel like these players that lack teamwork and cooperation is just downright painful and they're responsible for making the team lose in terms of ignoring an enemy's presence when they're nearby, not helping out and assisting, not pulling their own weight and burden together, and not listening to their teammates, but still i can't trust these kinds of ppl in matches anymore. I rather play with ppl that shows teamwork and cooperation.

Anyway about dragonite, well I use muscle band, scope lens, and buddy barrier. Attack weight seems fine, but mine is not maxed out just yet. Outrage and dragon dance are good combo, but the downside part is dealing with the ranged attacks. I did hear a lot of concerns from other ppl about dragonite though.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I've not done any ranked matches to talk about the matchmaking, but from what I've seen I don't actually think much of anything changed. Which sucks, because it is the biggest issue with the game and if it were fixed it'd be damn near incredible! I'm dreading actually beginning the climb to Master at some point, maybe in the New Year when people bugger off back to work/school and I don't have to play with as many kids. I've been playing a lot of CPU matches trying out Tsareena and Dragonite (as well as the new Pikachu and Cinderace buffs) and honestly the level of skill in those games is awful! I just had a Tsareena player running around where Rotom spawns as a Bounsweet 5mins into the game, using abilities randomly into the wall. Why bother playing if that's what you're going to do? Terrible behaviour.

Onto more positive stuff - I adore Dragonite and honestly think this could be my main for the foreseeable future? Dratini and Dragonair don't feel particularly weak early on (need to learn to time my basic attacks and Dragon Breath a bit better but eh) and Dragonite itself feels pretty tanky! Only move I haven't used is Extreme Speed because it just looks like a bad move, like Rock Tomb vs. Shell Smash on Crustle - might have a bunch of funky effects but I want the movement speed increase! Hyper Beam chunks enemies HARD (both player enemies and objectives) whilst Outrage is an awesome move for being in the thick of combat, especially with the basic attacks reducing the cooldowns of both it and Dragon Dance - it also clears objectives pretty damn well. The Unite move is also pretty funky to use for mobility and to take objectives, whilst doing a fair chunk of damage as well. Can run a multitude of items with it - Buddy Barrier, Focus Band, Attack Weight, Muscle Band, Scope Lens, Razor Claw, Weakness Policy - and it can go in any lane without major issue. It's just a really good Pokemon, not the best by any means but super solid! Haven't had this much fun in the game in a long time.