• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon UNITE General Thread

Mega Ampharos the Dragon

Electric type Enthusiast
Well, as of recently, I decided to get back to playing Pokemon Unite, I bought Decidueye and tried it out

tbh, the aiming part is kinda annoying, but otherwise, I think it is a very fun Pokemon to play, I'm definitely still better at using Talonflame, but I mean, Decidueye is literally my favorite Pokemon excluding Ampharos

I also got a surrender win in a regular battle where the opponent scored 0 points, wasn't expecting that at all

Lastly, @Ishiftyounot I'm waiting for your opinion on my newest Pokemon ideas

Also, as for the next group of Pokemon I'll create for Unite:
301.png
142.png
545.png
630.png
730.png

Mythical-Moonlight

JN give me a Lucario/Cinderace/Inteleon episode!
Well, as of recently, I decided to get back to playing Pokemon Unite, I bought Decidueye and tried it out

tbh, the aiming part is kinda annoying, but otherwise, I think it is a very fun Pokemon to play, I'm definitely still better at using Talonflame, but I mean, Decidueye is literally my favorite Pokemon excluding Ampharos

I also got a surrender win in a regular battle where the opponent scored 0 points, wasn't expecting that at all

301.png
142.png
545.png
630.png
730.png
How would Primarina move around?

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner

301.png
142.png
545.png
630.png
730.png

when you're using spirit shackle, that's the hardest part about aiming, but lowering your movement speed while charging. if razor leaf, then you'll do a lot of damage with that amount of attack speed. Using spirit shackle and unite move requires a lot of aiming so if you're using them to snipe your opponents off or zapdos or drednaw, then it'll be a good chance to do that even you can use the unite move in shivre city at the opponent's spawn point area and damage them when they're off screen.

Shadow sneak is another way to go to flush out your opponents at a long distances, but it'll go to your opponent if nearby or your teammate gets attacked by an opponent.

Cradily17

I'm so happy they're adding the best Pokemon into the game! I love her moves, too!

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Seeing that the game won the googleplaybest2021, the people may think it's funny because there are no improvements, changes, and balancing to the game considering that the ratings for the game dropped badly and negative reviews keep coming in. To some of us including myself think that it doesn't deserve that award because of how bad the game is due to those 2 reasons although you can refer to the app store from your smart device under most recent on the reviews. Most of the negative reviews on gameplay, matchmaking, and nerfs apply to both switch system and smart devices while most complaints and negative are controller support.

All I can say is that if this continues with no improvements and changes to the game, it's gonna be that bad and we're gonna have a hard and tough time winning in both standard and ranked matches, but mostly ranked matches because we can't go up against higher ranked players while we team up with lowest ranked players.

The other part of the matchmaking is that we can't keep teaming up with newcomers and players that doesn't help and cooperate by nothing at all besides defending the goal zone and others.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Well would you look at that, the datamining was correct! Tsareena is coming to Pokemon Unite, and it'll be free for a limited time if players log in after the December 9th update. It's an All-Rounder with a focus on kicking moves - looks like Trop Kick, Triple Axel and Stomp are all parts of its moveset? Very nice! I haven't played the game in over a week now so you bet I'll be logging in to grab this badass vegetable gal - I think it's great that players will be receiving a free All-Rounder especially since it's the first new one they've added to the game so far, plus it lets players use a new Pokemon whilst saving up for the next one (Dragonite is coming next most likely and lets face it everyone's gonna want to give them a go).

What do you think of these? Does anything maybe need to change?
I'm two weeks late to replying to this (very sorry, IRL stuff is kicking my ass and I just don't play this game much nowadays, haven't touched my Switch in over a month) but here we go! These are very funky additions, nice to see the likes of Barbaracle and Mudsdale make an appearance since they aren't exactly super popular Pokemon? But those are the best kinds of Pokemon to make it into the game I think.

Weavile: honestly looks pretty solid - Taunt seems like an incredible move in and of itself as do the attacking upgrade options (I'd roll with Ice Punch / Night Slash I think), Pressure could be altered slightly but seems fine to me? I'd maybe make it so if a move did a significant chunk to Weavile (say 20% of its health or above) that move gets an increased cooldown but I dunno, numbers tuning isn't my thing.

Barbaracle: genuinely looks perfect to me, a very aggressive Attacker but also quite simplistic? I'd reduce the difficulty you gave it (it'd fit Intermediate or even Novice really, only difficulty comes in aligning moves to benefit from Liquidation or Hone Claws) but it's rad.

Mudsdale: it's also quite an aggressive choice without as many defensive options so I'd maybe make it an All-Rounder (it walks the same line Greedent and I guess Crustle walk), but I like the concept of using your own Defense to deal increased damage and stay alive. Surprised that Iron Defense and Body Press weren't considered options for this very thing, but it works! Could maybe change Stamina to a stacking Defense thing either the lower your health is or as actual stacks from using moves/abilities, but it seems funky as it is.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I dunno how powerful dragonite is, but normally there are some updates and patches that are coming up the current and upcoming months. February on the other hand, we don't even know what that will bring us or janurary at the earliest so we have to keep an eye out for any rumors and datamines

The other part is that whenever new pokemon gets released, they tend to get overpowered while the other pokemon doesn't get nerfed and remain unchanged, but of course a lot of us wanted a lot of pokemon to be nerfed down such as greninja, greedent, crustle, and the speedsters such as absol, gengar, zeraora, and talonflame.

Hold items on the other hand, score shield needs to be nerfed down. a lot of us starting to find that the hold item is annoying without any multi-hit attacks like bulbasaur's razor leaf and others to break through that shield regardless of the amount of energy you're holding. My only idea for this score shield to be nerfed down is to add cooldown timer after scoring.

Mega Ampharos the Dragon

Electric type Enthusiast
Well, as of recently, I haven't done much Unite stuff, still trying Decidueye out a bit more, definitely an interesting Pokemon to use

Well would you look at that, the datamining was correct! Tsareena is coming to Pokemon Unite, and it'll be free for a limited time if players log in after the December 9th update. It's an All-Rounder with a focus on kicking moves - looks like Trop Kick, Triple Axel and Stomp are all parts of its moveset? Very nice! I haven't played the game in over a week now so you bet I'll be logging in to grab this badass vegetable gal - I think it's great that players will be receiving a free All-Rounder especially since it's the first new one they've added to the game so far, plus it lets players use a new Pokemon whilst saving up for the next one (Dragonite is coming next most likely and lets face it everyone's gonna want to give them a go).

I'm two weeks late to replying to this (very sorry, IRL stuff is kicking my ass and I just don't play this game much nowadays, haven't touched my Switch in over a month) but here we go! These are very funky additions, nice to see the likes of Barbaracle and Mudsdale make an appearance since they aren't exactly super popular Pokemon? But those are the best kinds of Pokemon to make it into the game I think.

Weavile: honestly looks pretty solid - Taunt seems like an incredible move in and of itself as do the attacking upgrade options (I'd roll with Ice Punch / Night Slash I think), Pressure could be altered slightly but seems fine to me? I'd maybe make it so if a move did a significant chunk to Weavile (say 20% of its health or above) that move gets an increased cooldown but I dunno, numbers tuning isn't my thing.

Barbaracle: genuinely looks perfect to me, a very aggressive Attacker but also quite simplistic? I'd reduce the difficulty you gave it (it'd fit Intermediate or even Novice really, only difficulty comes in aligning moves to benefit from Liquidation or Hone Claws) but it's rad.

Mudsdale: it's also quite an aggressive choice without as many defensive options so I'd maybe make it an All-Rounder (it walks the same line Greedent and I guess Crustle walk), but I like the concept of using your own Defense to deal increased damage and stay alive. Surprised that Iron Defense and Body Press weren't considered options for this very thing, but it works! Could maybe change Stamina to a stacking Defense thing either the lower your health is or as actual stacks from using moves/abilities, but it seems funky as it is.
Maybe I will change Barbaracle's difficulty then...

Yeah, Pressure on both Weavile and Dusknoir might need some reworking...

As for Mudsdale, I just thought of having Giga Impact be Body Press instead, what do you think? Nothing would change about the move description really...

Either way, I'll share 2 of the Pokemon on that list, Delcatty and Primarina

Delcatty, Intermediate, Melee, All-Rounder, Physical Attacker: Evolves at Lv 4
Special 1 Moves: Tackle -> (Upon Evolving into Delcatty) Return or Frustration
Special 2 Moves: Growl -> (At Lv 6) Work Up or Rest
Ability: Normalize, Unite Move: CATastrophic Scratch

Primarina, Novice, Ranged, Supporter, Special Attacker: Evolves at Lv 4 and then 7
Special 1 Moves: Water Gun -> (Upon Evolving into Brionne) Sing or Sparkling Aria
Special 2 Moves: Helping Hand -> (Upon Evolving into Primarina) Encore or Misty Terrain
Ability: Torrent, Unite Move: Alolan Operetta

Tackle: Tackles the opponent, dealing damage
Growl: Growls at the opponent, decreasing the target's attack
Return: Absorbs all nearby white orbs, dealing damage depending on the number of orbs absorbed, this move does more damage the higher difference between your team's points scored and your opponents'
Frustration: Absorbs all nearby white orbs, dealing damage depending on the number of orbs absorbed, this move does more damage the higher difference between your opponents' points scored and your team's
Work Up: Absorbs all nearby white orbs, increasing Attack the more orbs absorbed
Rest: This Pokemon sleeps where it is, healing during its duration, the rate that white orbs are dropped from Normalize is increased during the duration
Normalize: Every 5-10 seconds, this pokemon drops a white orb, these white orbs can be picked up by either team as 1 scorable point
CATastrophic Scratch: Scratches all opponents in an AoE in front, dealing massive damage, for each opponent hit during the unite move's duration, this pokemon drops a white orb

Water Gun: Shoots the opponent with water, dealing damage
Helping Hand: Claps its hands like a cheerleader, increasing the damage of the next attack of all allies nearby
Sing: This pokemon sings a note, putting all opponents within an AoE in front to sleep
Sparkling Aria: Sings some water droplets into existence, and explodes the droplets, dealing AoE damage to all nearby enemies, cures all nearby allies of status effects
Encore: Claps its hands in amusement, making the nearest opponent only able to use the last special move it used and makes all their attacks target the user
Misty Terrain: Creates fairy mist in an AoE for a duration, curing all status conditions of allies and opponents within that mist, all dragon-type moves used on Pokemon within this AoE is halved, this mist doesn't affect certain status conditions like sleep
Torrent: Increases Defense and SpD when this Pokemon is below half HP
Alolan Operetta: This Pokemon sings a few notes, creating a humongous water droplet that then explodes, dealing massive damage to all opponents within an AoE, creating heavy rain within that area for a duration, all fire type moves that go into the AoE vaporize, doing nothing

So what do you think of these 2 Pokemon, should Delcatty's Normalize and the white orb gimmick be altered a bit? Maybe even Return and Frustration?
Should Primarina's kits be changed at all (specifically the Special 2 moves) and/or should Primarina's Unite Move not do the same thing as Primal Kyogre's ability?

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I could use some help with the ranked matches. it's just that it's not easy to win when it comes to missions, but participation is fine although winning isn't easy in terms of going up against ppl that are higher rank than me and not to mention teaming up with lowest rank players.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
There you have it folks - the Christmas event has been revealed! Remoat Stadium gets a redesign for the festive season including new wild Pokemon (Cubchoo/Beartic replace Combee/Vespiquen for certain, I believe Tauros replaces Bouffalant, Panpour is the new Aipom maybe?) and Shivre City is the quick match seasonal map akin to Mer Stadium being the Halloween map - this time Delibird drops battle items you can use from what I read, and Articuno replaces Avalugg. Lots of Pokemon are getting new holowear - Pikachu/Crustle seem to be the "premium" skins and Cramorant, Snorlax and Mr. Mime are the "regular" skins? Pokemon that evolve late also seem to be able to wear a Santa hat (Blastoise, Gardevoir, Garchomp, Mamoswine and our latest roster addition are seen to be wearing one).

Speaking of, our latest roster addition has been announced - Dragonite! Looks like the dataminers were correct, which means Blaziken, Wobbuffet and Gallade are also coming soon? Guess we'll see. Dragonite should be an All-Rounder and I would not be surprised if it evolves at level 10 like Garchomp - it has a pretty funky movepool so far but until we know the effects and what they actually are I'll refrain from commenting on them. Tsareena is still coming for free from tomorrow if you log in, so I might actually start playing again! Should be a lot of fun.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Well there's a balance patch, and we are getting everything! Looks like the next Battle Pass will be mafia-inspired with Absol and Pikachu (bit annoying Pikachu has ANOTHER skin when several Pokemon have none or a very average one, but hey ho) and Dragonite's moveset got leaked but I haven't seen how it works yet. Tsareena's moveset is also out - her options are Triple Axel vs. Stomp and Grassy Glide vs. Trop Kick, with some funky interactions with her ability and her boosted attacks that grant her shields/HP restoration in certain scenarios. She's pretty strong from what I've heard, but I have not seen gameplay yet or played her myself. New holowear for a ton of characters is also out - I am tempted to buy the Slowbro / Greedent / Blastoise skins for 400 gems each but we will see.

More importantly to everyone are the balance updates - changes to your goal zones with regards to healing and shields are huge which may make scoring in people's faces with Score Shield less of an issue? Sitrus Berries disappearing after 5mins so you don't have easily accessible healing all game? All pretty rad. Zeraora and Lucario nerfs? Incredible - Discharge did way too much damage for what's meant to be a squishy assassin-type character, and Lucario was busted even with the previous nerfs so hopefully this opens up the competitive scene more. Greninja and Greedent got nerfed and Talonflame got a mix of the two (buff to Aerial Ace / movement speed nerf to Fly I think) which I have no clue if that's bad or not? We will see.

But the most significant thing of all - they changed the evolution levels! No more level 10 Pokemon evolutions! Mamoswine / Garchomp / Gardevoir now evolve at level 5 and level 9 like the Kanto starters / Machamp / Gengar - if you jungle Gible or Ralts you will be Gabite or Kirlia at the end of your first rotation and can actually make a difference in battle. This is HUGE, will it make them viable? Maybe! Gardevoir should be pretty solid now, Garchomp may need something to do with its stacks dropping off too fast to "fix" them properly but it's a start. Mamoswine was fine anyway but apparently they fixed the delay on High Horsepower so now it actually stuns pretty quickly? That's awesome. Got lots to try out over the next week or so.

Mega Ampharos the Dragon

Electric type Enthusiast
But the most significant thing of all - they changed the evolution levels! No more level 10 Pokemon evolutions! Mamoswine / Garchomp / Gardevoir now evolve at level 5 and level 9 like the Kanto starters / Machamp / Gengar - if you jungle Gible or Ralts you will be Gabite or Kirlia at the end of your first rotation and can actually make a difference in battle. This is HUGE, will it make them viable? Maybe! Gardevoir should be pretty solid now, Garchomp may need something to do with its stacks dropping off too fast to "fix" them properly but it's a start. Mamoswine was fine anyway but apparently they fixed the delay on High Horsepower so now it actually stuns pretty quickly? That's awesome. Got lots to try out over the next week or so.
This will definitely change how I make my Pokemon Unite ideas, cause the Pokemon I created like Dragonite, Tyranitar, Metagross, Magnezone, Dusknoir, and Dragapult now have the Lv 5 -> 9 method over the old one

and I remember making Tyranitar's pre-evos specifically to make for faster evolution

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Honestly I think that is the biggest thing coming from this patch, because Gardevoir / Garchomp / Mamoswine suffer a lot from the high evolution levels and Dragonite was bound to be the same way prior to this change. Level 5 evolution is the biggest part - it gives those Pokemon flexibility in what lane they go into and grants them an upgraded move ready for the first objective rather than dragging deadweight around for the first 3-4 minutes of the game. Rather than needing your Ralts to go into the jungle just so it can be Kirlia for Drednaw or Rotom (therefore crippling your team at the start of the game because you're not putting a carry in the jungle for easy levels) it can be Kirlia for the 8:50 wild Pokemon spawns and actually be a help to the team. It's huge. Mamoswine wasn't that affected because Swinub was great early on, but the changes it received to High Horsepower alleviate its issues in the mid-late game so it's a more consistent option. It's awesome! Snorlax was also affected - it gets Heavy Slam / Flail at level 5 now and Block / Yawn at level 7, and it's Unite at level 9. Zeraora was not affected though I don't think?

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I did hear that the christmas holowears are 400 gems each. I saw it on one of the reddit post if you guys asked me.

Are there any moves for dragonite that we need to look over?

Don't you mean the special remoat stadium? i didn't notice it unless there's something i haven't been hearing.
The one from standard battle with the Christmas theme.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Well i didn't hear anything like that unless i need a close hearing if it's a bug or not. i think it's because there has been a lot of sound effects coming in so it's hard to hear anything what you mentioned during the match unless other people here can get a good hearing about it and see if they able to find anything about it.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Apparently Garchomp has a bug where its Dragon moves don't crit like they're supposed to, and people are reporting doing less damage as a level 9 Garchomp than they were as a level 9 Gabite? I assume it's a bug because neither of these things are in the patch notes (unite-db added them later after players reported the issue) so if you're a Garchomp player and find yourself doing not a lot of damage... that's why. Probably a bit like Ninetales where they accidentally copied Gardevoir's scaling for Ninetales during the last balance patch, which has since been rectified I believe. Hopefully Garchomp gets fixed soon, seems like there's a lot of bugs and issues coming from this update that need to be fixed.

I have now watched Tsareena gameplay and she seems pretty damn strong. Dare I say overpowered? Perhaps. Some people think Queenly Majesty is bugged to grant Tsareena resets on her moves which is contributing towards her damage output (bit like Blastoise in that regard, being able to use basic attacks/moves when you shouldn't be able to) - it's not mentioned in the tooltip or on the page where people were discovering what her moves did so it seems likely. All 4 of her moves seem viable though which is nice! She won't be Lucario's clear-cut replacement but she'll do well in whatever lane you put her.

I did hear that the christmas holowears are 400 gems each. I saw it on one of the reddit post if you guys asked me.

Are there any moves for dragonite that we need to look over?
Yeah the Christmas hats are 400 gems per hat, which is ridiculous. Should either be 400 gems for all the hats, or you should be able to buy each hat with currency available during the festive event a bit like the pumpkins from the Halloween event let you buy Greedent/trainer poses. Honestly a lot of the holowear in general is overpriced, and that's coming from someone who bought the $40 Lucario outfit! Don't think the Crustle or Snorlax holowear should cost that much, Pikachu is fine I guess but again why does Pikachu need ANOTHER holowear? It has like 5 now I think.

As for Dragonite, I'm just gonna link the SuperTeeds video because she explains it way better than I ever could:

Dragonite looks good though! I'd buy them, when I make 10k gold again...

EDIT: Garchomp's loss of crit is actually intentional, big oof.

Last edited: