• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon UNITE General Thread

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Today is Espeon's release day, but unless you're forking out your Aeos Gems to buy the character you're probably not playing them! People are a bit perplexed at how long it will take to actually unlock the character - anywhere between 6-10 days of playing, assuming you're doing the daily missions. However, there's also a game-breaking bug with ranked right now where players are sometimes being placed in matches incorrectly and therefore winning / losing games they shouldn't. The developers are aware of this so hopefully it's fixed soon? But for now maybe avoid ranked. Since I don't really like quick matches nor am I going into the cesspit that is standard mode... I'll either risk ranked or just leave it until it is confirmed to be fixed. That will impact players' ability to unlock Espeon, although you have 27 days I believe to obtain enough new event currency to get them so not the end of the world!

There was no balance patch alongside it so not much to speak of there, and I'm not too sure what people think of Espeon. I believe they're considered pretty damn strong! Whether or not that means busted beyond belief remains to be seen.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Perhaps you're referring to this, but that explained why the other 2 ppl that i've teamed with that didn't contribute for the team in the ranked matches. I don't get why the game gets buggy and glitchy most of the time, but these issues can be serious enough.

I already struggled with these ranked matches a lot and teammates haven't been working and doing a lot lately even with my friends. It's just that these matches are just bad (or terrible).

Yeah the update didn't even do any balances, changes, and nerfs which we need very bad.

I don't mind playing with you guys. It's just that me and my friends are seeking out good players. My friend has like 2 ppl that are good for her, but for me, it's not easy in terms of performance.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Well looks like that bug is fixed. They should at least test the contents out before releasing these updates. We always have to bump into these bugs and glitches and we don't even know what's going on with the game.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I had a match where a Pikachu used its UNITE move five times. I'm not sure that's possible unless every other teammate really let them go wild on all wild Pokemon.
I believe it only takes 90 seconds for Pikachu to recharge its Unite move without influences from other factors? Wild Pokemon grant 5% Unite recharge back, scoring goals grants 10%, Energy Amplifier also impacts things - with even a teeny bit of luck Pikachu could probably spam its Unite move every minute without any problems!

Anyway it's been a few days, the bugs have been fixed, and Espeon has seen enough play that folks are starting to make up their minds on it! It is... pretty average, which in this game means it's rather underwhelming. I suspect it'll be like Aegislash where it's got niche uses until it gets a buff that pushes it into popular usage. Got plenty of time to try and get it for free too, so it'll make a fine addition to my roster at any rate!

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Well I got espeon by this reset, but it wasn't that bad. future sight and stored power is good for single targets and psybeam and shock is good for crowds.

I got all the unite licenses with coins at this point till delphox releases. I was holding almost up to 90k so i spent like almost 60k to get the other unite licenses so as a result, I got the achievement done.

Anyway i think the rank up animation is gonna annoy us for now while we're on master rank. There was no rank up animation before.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Don't we all... (Me at Expert 2 because of bad teammates)

Yeah I get that pain because the game isn't giving us bot matches after certain number of losses on both ranked and standard matches. the matchmaking is pretty bad lately since we're not getting any fair match and there are no balances, changes, and nerfs that's going on. we need some light on this information and find out the truth behind the problems. The company can't just keep themselves in the dark and quiet about it and we haven't gotten any dev's letter lately. Something is up that's for sure.

We all had bad teammates, but not just them also ppl picking on overpowered pokemon as well. They can't just simply hold us back on our ranked match rewards.

Ghyst

Rowlet Enthusiast
Yeah I get that pain because the game isn't giving us bot matches after certain number of losses on both ranked and standard matches. the matchmaking is pretty bad lately since we're not getting any fair match and there are no balances, changes, and nerfs that's going on. we need some light on this information and find out the truth behind the problems. The company can't just keep themselves in the dark and quiet about it and we haven't gotten any dev's letter lately. Something is up that's for sure.

We all had bad teammates, but not just them also ppl picking on overpowered pokemon as well. They can't just simply hold us back on our ranked match rewards.

Very true the struggle is real. FYI I accepted ur friend request

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
That's the reason why balances, changes, and nerfs are needed. they can't just keep buffing up the overpowered pokemon like greninja, zeraora, absol, gengar, talonflame, and others as they're becoming unfair for other ppl who can't knock them out .

Not to mention that when it comes to bad teammates, they never listen and cooperate with us even if we spam quick chat, they ignore the order and not help us out. They always think that the 1st rotom is more important than 1st drednaw, but the 1st drednaw is more important than the 1st rotom and then when zapdos appears, they never go central and we always get overpowered and outnumbered.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I dunno about that. It is a quick match anyway considering it's a 4v4 match type. Something tells me that this new mode will make the game servers unstable, but we'll have to see what will happen. Last time the full-fury matches made the game servers unstable so that's what i've been thinking about.

we have a anniversary that's coming up next month, but who knows what the events will bring us.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
They also updated the match prep screen as well. now we don't have to go through the battle prep menu to pick a path.

about the balances, changes, and nerfs, Gardevoir doesn't need that buff besides the nerf, but Future Sight needs a nerf as well although it's another mistake made. It's true that lucario got a nerf, but sometimes he may be broken, bugged, and/or glitched not after what happened with extreme speed before it got fixed. Greninja's nerf is not even enough. they haven't nerfed down the speedsters completely as if they still remain overpowered. Duraludon's Attack Radius on dragon pulse and flash cannon needs to be reduced as well as well as aegislash's sacred sword. Blastoise may be nerfed, but it's the water spout that needs to be nerfed too.

I think the other part that they need to fix is the loading times because sometimes it may take longer for us to load up to another screen like to the match prep screen and the results screen.

As of blissey, I don't see why ppl use egg bomb, but usually i just prefer helping hand over egg bomb.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
We got a balance patch, nice! Happy to see Azumarill got buffed, I really enjoyed using it and it was just a shame the damage and survivability wasn't quite there. Also nice to see a slight nerf to Blastoise / Greninja / Hoopa / Lucario although realistically this won't do much for any of them - only Greninja may suffer but I'm pretty sure Surf was nerfed ages ago and wasn't buffed since, yet people have gone back to it so I suspect the same may occur here. Surprised Venusaur was buffed (Solarbeam was super strong anyway) and Espeon got nothing (it's fine, but nothing outstanding) so that's funky. Beyond that... seems fine? Will see how the metagame develops in the coming weeks.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Newly released pokemon can't be adjusted and changed just yet. we have to look into their strengths first and see what happens. Right now, the main concerns is still overpowered pokemon like talonflame, absol, gengar, and zeraora because they still remained overpowered and they haven't done anything to change that. As I said it was mistake for the updates to buff some pokemon up and the weaker pokemon remained untouched and weak while the strong pokemon gets buffed. Not to mention that duraludon needs to be nerfed too which is the attack radius is too high.

I don't get why i'm losing these ranked matches a lot. It's just that most ppl in my team lacked DPS and getting overwhelmed by the opponents. Whenever I get them to the bottom path, they just ignored the order and thinking that 1st rotom is more important than the 1st drednaw. All I know is that the overpowered pokemon and unfair matchmaking are making these matches hard for us to win.

Some Hold items need be nerfed down as well such as attack weight, sp atk specs, and aeos cookie needs to be nerfed and my idea on that nerf is reset the stats upon death. Score Shield hasn't been nerfed down completely. It's true that exp. share gets a buff, but i don't even know how they buffed the item.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Yeah i get that idea. It's just that ppl have been chasing their opponents that would normally lead them to their trap and then they can't escape for doing so.

These matches are becoming more brutal than usual. In the last ranked match season, we were ok and now this season's ranked match is far worst because there were no balances, changes, and nerfs being made. No matter how many times they nerf down the pokemon, it's only small not a big one.

We need a dev's letter and tell us and other players the truth and what's going on with the game because obviously we're not getting anywhere winning the matches just by going up against opponents that picked overpowered pokemon a lot such as greninja, absol, zeraora, talonflame, gengar, duraludon, and others. Right now, these type of pokemon aren't giving us any fair match and a chance to score since they have been playing defensively and pushing back too much and we can't fight back.