• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon UNITE General Thread

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Not really because those shields can be hard to break if no one is playing as a hard hitting pokemon like zacian and/or those who are using hinderances. Umbreon's unite move, i'm not sure if the unite move can steal those shields.

if your opponents are in for a long respawn and 1 person remains alive and steals, then yeah, the score is mitigated and your opponents won't get the shields as long as your team remains in the lead. It's not easy to make a comeback if opponents play defensively unless there is undivided attention and take out whoever is guarding the goal zone.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Unless I'm the only one affected, there is a bug in the game in that it doesn't register button inputs. I can't check Battle Pass missions, and worst of all, I can't give the heads up in choosing a lane to go before a battle begins, which keeps everyone from knowing what you'll do.

What's worse is that other players can still choose lanes but you can't.

That may explain why so many others don't say which lanes they'll pick.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I think it's been happening to me and my friend too and then I had to restart the game after the match. I don't get what's up with these bugs and glitches though since they haven't been fixed lately including that register button inputs.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
There is so much lag in the starting screens, selecting missions / items / the shop / matches just takes forever and sometimes clicking on them doesn't seem to register? Doesn't help that I had really weird movement timings when playing earlier, but I couldn't tell you why. The matches themselves don't seem to lag much (outside of that instance) so that's a positive at least.

I'm working through all my missions still, earning a lot of currency although it's a bit annoying that the Crustle missions require you to do Ranked? I have 3 weeks to do it from now but I was going to wait until the two week mark to see how much currency I can obtain before spending it all on items, item level boosts and Licenses. Been losing a lot as Sylveon (very awkward since I'm spending my puzzle pieces on the License for it) which is a pain, seems I've no longer got bots for teammates and now have other players! I miss the bots already...

EDIT: So... Urshifu is broken right? It doesn't seem to die and it repeatedly KOes multiple of my team very quickly? I'm also a terrible Sylveon player apparently (or at least my winrate on it sucks) but my teammates are even worse. Forgot how awful the matchmaking can be! Really does put you off playing not gonna lie.

Last edited:

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I don't get why they're not fixing these bugs and glitches, but they can make the game crash if the issue isn't addressed. If instability, they need to address that too. they can't just keep telling us and their players that's theirs or our internet connection so it's always something on their end, not ours.

it's probably rapid strikes form that's broken because they can chase you even at speed flux. it's not suppose to be allowed that way.

I get how you feel about matchmaking, but we're not the only ones. there are a lot of people demanding the fixes on the matchmaking so bad. you can see it on the reviews in the app store under most recent if it helps you with your inquiry on that.

If it's Matchmaking fix:

1st, What we need is that we need a fair match. they can't just keep pairing us with and against people that are too far beyond our skill level.

2nd, they have to separate grouped people from solo players since it's not fair to go against them when they're well coordinated,

and lastly, the ranked matches which is they have to start removing the lowest ranked players from our current ranks since they put a lot of weight and burden on us as we try to win and not to mention that they won't cooperate and listen if we order them to do something and not to mention that they shouldn't be pairing us against people that are in higher master rank rating.

So far we needed a dev's letter and tell us the truth what's going on with the game and why the feedbacks aren't being responded. Every time they want us to give a feedback and survey to do, we have to tell them how unsatisfying the game really is including the current state of the game.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Geez, they sure don't want people to actually keep Replays without asking for money.

What's the point of keeping a single Replay if it will expire in one hour.

Anyway, I rushed the last days to get to 1600+. Deci slaughtered four targets, er, foes in one Unite move. Yes, one of those was Leafeon.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I couldn't agree more to that. the replays are nice and all, but keeping them for 1hr isn't enough for us for those that are not in the unite membership. they should let us keep the replays as part of our best highlights of the game. of course make them automatic delete old replays if limit has reached and allow us delete the replays manually as we want.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I've got nothing to say about the new event as I've not really experienced it (I've not played for the last few days, all I have done is logged in for my daily rewards) but I figured I would talk about the two week newbie experience a bit! Namely the fact that I didn't touch Ranked mode, didn't spend any currency of any kind and just played Standard / Quick Battles for the most part. I did all the 10/10 missions for each role, used a couple of the Boost Cards for Aeos Coins and Battle Points, but that's it. Here's the run-down of what I have:

Level 13
25,620 Aeos Coins
11,920 Aeos Tickets
2,440 Aeos Gems (I did spend money on the game)
2,408 Item Enhancers
2 Super Item Enhancers
5 Held Items: Exp. Share, Scope Lens, Assault Vest, Leftovers and Rusted Sword
6 Battle Items: Potion, X Attack, X Speed, Eject Button, Fluffy Tail and Slow Smoke
7 Pokemon Licenses: Eldegoss, Slowbro, Venusaur, Alolan Ninetales, Zeraora, Cinderace and Greninja

Not bad going eh? Because I didn't play Ranked I cannot yet complete the Beginner Challenge for Crustle as day 5, 6 & 7 all require you to play a Ranked match (Day 7 requires you to hit Great rank). Luckily I have 15 days as of today to complete this, so I suspect tomorrow or next weekend I'll start playing Ranked and get myself a Crustle License (and the Shell Bell)! Will also continue progressing the Eeveelution event thing for the puzzle pieces to get myself a Sylveon License.

Now I have the resources I should probably spend them... which will be interesting. I need to buy more held items as they're the big game changer, so will probably buy the lot outside of some niche rarely used ones like Drain Crown, Rescue Hood and Rocky Helmet. Then I'll buy some additional Licenses to round out my roster a bit (a second Supporter, a second Defender and an All-Rounder / third Supporter should do it) and upgrade the items they all use the most before starting Ranked! Licenses I'm looking at are Clefable, Blissey, Comfey, Lapras, Goodra, Machamp and Trevenant.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
The prices on the unite licenses is pretty much absurd and expensive at this point since they cost around 10-12k coins on those licenses so get you want and need.

That's not a bad progress that you made. you're gonna need every hold items to help you with the builds, choices, and options for other pokemon. Rescue Hood is good for support pokemon that can heal. Drain Crown is good for those that want to restore health back, but it won't be much.

I would recommend zacian, but the only cons that zacian has is the pokemon that can use ranged attacks and those who can keep distance and away from it so the only way to mitigate this to make a succesful ambush, and have a defender or fall guy or person to take the hits except those with piercing effects and AoE moves like solarbeam, psyshock, and spirit shackle. The other con that zacian has is hinderances and status effects like stuns and freeze. those are the cons I know about.

For emblems, well you wanna get every emblems you can get and upgrade them as much as you can and use them in the builds. I did hear reports that we're gonna get a platinum tier emblem, but at a cost of 3 gold emblems if i'm right. If you don't know what emblem builds to use, you can look up guides from youtube, but results on how you use them may vary on your matches, the pokemon you use, and the emblem's tier. The other Part that was blind to us is that they changed ho-oh and lugia's emblem stats so we don't get atk and sp. atk stats from them anymore, but if you think that this change affects your emblem builds, feel free to change them as you want or find a way to compensate the loss atk and sp. atk stats.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I'm not too worried about emblems since there's no real way to guarantee the ones you want, but whilst I'll probably get all the held items I'll only level up the ones my specific roster can use. I wanted a couple of Supporter + Defender options, a lane Attacker / All-Rounder and a jungler so that I can do anything if needed. So far that's:

Supporters: Eldegoss (owned), Blissey / Clefable / Comfey (un-owned)
Defenders: Slowbro (owned), Goodra / Trevenant / Lapras (un-owned)
Jungler: Cinderace / Greninja (owned), Chandelure (un-owned)
Laner: Alolan Ninetales (owned), Sylveon (should own soon), Chandelure (un-owned)

I'll just look at what the top items are for all these characters and their builds and level up the best ones that match them all. I'm expecting Exp. Share, Focus Band, Buddy Barrier, Muscle Band, Rapid-Fire Scarf, Slick Spoon and maybe the stacking items to be up there.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
The Prize Machine is less a convenient method to get expired items but more of a punishment system that drains you more of your paid gems if you're unlucky enough to get a point.

I'd only consider the very unlikely chance to spend money if the initial 4 free tosses in a day can actually score 10 points or more on something cheap.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
The cooldown on the prize machine is pretty much absurd. it's 12hrs a day and then progress resets on reset. there's no way to get them if not lucky enough to get the small ones in 1 try even though those chances are pretty low and slim.

I gave up on being a jungler in ranked matches since people keep competing over them too much, refuse to change, and forcing the person who called central first to change paths / lanes. I tend to juggle lanes after 1 goal zone is destroyed, but usually when the bottom objective spawns, that's when I need to take it first although in theia sky ruins, regieleki is the top priority target and I have to get the available people to converge on that path while i try to solo the bottom regi. In remoat, i Just make drednaw a priority and then rotom after.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Yeah that nerf has taken a huge impact on us including the zacian users. not sure how other people will react to this nerf though.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Splatoon 3 when someone disconnects before/during the beginning of a match: the match doesn't count for anyone but the drop out.

Pokemon UNITE when someone disconnects before the beginning of a match: ******* your teammates who were with the drop out u all lose

Last edited:

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
So getting puzzle pieces that are designed to let you pick from predetermined picks can be a huge waste of time if you already have all the choices, because then the pieces used can only be redeemed for a ticket each.

I'll holding on to these useless Espeon pieces just to see if they'll change it.