• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon UNITE General Thread

The Mega Champion

Snorlax is actually pretty sweet. Its Block move comes in real handy!

You can keep opponents away from their goals while your teammates score.

I tried him once. I hated him and I was **** as him. Blastoise life.

In other news... I still hate Ranked solo-queue because my luck is horrid **** and I always get stupid teammates who tend to scuf it at the end during the Zapdos fight.

Regardless I've made it back to Expert Class 4 3 Gems/Diamonds so take that however you want

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I'm still playing this game every day (a lot, I have more hours in it than Sword and Shield combined) but man does it get frustrating sometimes! I made it to Ultra 5 the other day, was one game away from making it to Master and then today had a 7-loss streak and now I'm Ultra 4 with a single diamond, which I managed pretty much entirely off of solo queue or with people I friended from good games. Whether it be people who don't defend their areas and instead go to score 5v1, or Master rank Zeraora players with TTV in their name (which, from what I understand, is what all the people who play in tournaments have in their names) never actually helping with objectives it's frustrating and definitely brings out the rage in me (which is unfortunate since I pride myself on being a chill dude). Will I hit Master rank eventually? Who knows!

That being said, I'm having fun with the game. Got Buddy Barrier, Focus Band and Muscle Band at level 20 with Score Shield at 18? Think I'll either go for Wise Glasses or Scope Lens to 20 next but I don't really have a set character I play to push me in the right direction. I pretty much play whatever is needed but my most amount of games are on Crustle, Lucario, Ninetales and Cinderace. Snorlax, Greninja, Slowbro, Pikachu and Venusaur are also used from time to time - I definitely do enjoy the Defender role, I'm just more comfortable on Crustle than I am the other two especially after the Slowbro nerf! Snorlax is my least favourite but I have that berry costume from the gatcha thing so... go me? Blastoise will make a fine addition to my collection too, if he's broken OP maybe I'll push to Masters using him! Can only hope.

Gardevoir is deadly when used right.

A Psyshock and Moonblast combo can spell disaster to a target. Moonblast can stun them while raining hell with Psyshock. Add the fact Psyshock strikes a large area, and you got yourself a mob sweeper.

Last edited:

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Gardevoir is deadly when used right.

A Psyshock and Moonblast combo can spell disaster to a target. Moonblast can stun them while raining hell with Psyshock. Add the fact Psyshock strikes a large area, and you got yourself a mob sweeper.

Gardevoir is a weird one for me - I've never played the character personally but I've witnessed others play it/gone up against it before, and it's always been a bit of a wildcard. Gardevoir itself is stupid good and can clear objectives/teams who stick close together without major issue, but it takes so damn long to get the character to a usable level that it often feels like a liability when I see it on my team? Ralts is hot garbage until it evolves at level 6 - that's awfully late, normally when the first Drednaw appears but given how easy it is to bully Ralts in the lane it's unlikely to actually be that level in time. Honestly it'd be good in the jungle but everyone wants to play Zeraora or Absol in there so off to the lane it goes to die to pretty much anything that breathes in it's general direction. That being said, when you find yourself playing alongside a good Gardevoir player it's pretty destructive and if it's early enough in the game you're pretty likely to win a team fight. I just wish it evolved quicker, maybe going down to level 5/9 like the Kanto starters. That applies to Gible too, who also has these struggles but slightly less I suppose?

Anywho, I hit Master rank today and that's probably due to Blastoise. It's finally here and it's pretty strong for a Defender! I used the Hydro Pump + Surf combo mainly, but have tried out the Rapid Spin + Water Spout shenanigans to pretty good success? It just disrupts the enemy so well, steals wild Pokemon without major issue and doesn't die that easily - all stages feel solid and reliable and it can do pretty much anything (don't like seeing it in the jungle though). My final game to hit Masters was on Cinderace though, but I got from the bottom of Ultra 4 to the top of Ultra 5 with the 'stoise! Guess now I just do my dailies and wait for mobile release/new Pokemon to come out - Mamoswine should be fun to play and I have enough to buy them if they're 8k gold, but we'll see.

Gardevoir is a weird one for me - I've never played the character personally but I've witnessed others play it/gone up against it before, and it's always been a bit of a wildcard. Gardevoir itself is stupid good and can clear objectives/teams who stick close together without major issue, but it takes so damn long to get the character to a usable level that it often feels like a liability when I see it on my team? Ralts is hot garbage until it evolves at level 6 - that's awfully late, normally when the first Drednaw appears but given how easy it is to bully Ralts in the lane it's unlikely to actually be that level in time. Honestly it'd be good in the jungle but everyone wants to play Zeraora or Absol in there so off to the lane it goes to die to pretty much anything that breathes in it's general direction. That being said, when you find yourself playing alongside a good Gardevoir player it's pretty destructive and if it's early enough in the game you're pretty likely to win a team fight. I just wish it evolved quicker, maybe going down to level 5/9 like the Kanto starters. That applies to Gible too, who also has these struggles but slightly less I suppose?
Yeah. A Gardevoir player has to commit to leveling up to level 6 as soon as possible while giving minor support for the rest of the team in the meantime. I guess that's the prize to pay before it starts to become much more useful.

And its Unite move is devastating. Anyone getting pulled into the void can't attack before getting nuked, and it can even still use its moves in the process. It can also be a Zapdos slayer if it happens to use its Unite move when it's about to keel over, because any other foe caught in the vortex can't do anything anyway.

The Mega Champion

Well I made it back into Vet Class 1. With Randoms of all people shockingly enough.

I think at this point I'm probably quitting Ranked until next Season (even then I don't particularly like the idea of going through HELL again)

Because Ranked has proven to consistently be impossible BS. For me at least.

Either way... Blastoise is pretty much my Defender Main. So yay I guess?

This game consistently pisses me off though admittedly and it's getting to the point where I was with Pokken. In the sense that it might just be better if I quit it altogether.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Just about to hit 10k coins and not sure which licence to buy for that much... Garchomp or Lucario... Not much interest in either since I prefer Zeraora more but it's something to do with the coins from clearing daily targets.

Just about to hit 10k coins and not sure which licence to buy for that much... Garchomp or Lucario... Not much interest in either since I prefer Zeraora more but it's something to do with the coins from clearing daily targets.
Lucario has versatility as a fighter that can zoom about to dodge attacks and cause confusion. For the early half of the match with Power-Up Punch it's amazing, but for the second half, it must be in a supportive role because it tends to slowly die alone.

Garchomp is a beast from up-close, though you need to properly give it good aim for its rampaging UNITE move.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Lucario has versatility as a fighter that can zoom about to dodge attacks and cause confusion. For the early half of the match with Power-Up Punch it's amazing, but for the second half, it must be in a supportive role because it tends to slowly die alone.

Garchomp is a beast from up-close, though you need to properly give it good aim for its rampaging UNITE move.
I certainly die to enough Lucario to agree with you on this! I shall consider this closely!

E-0mDIEVEAMOiNj

Tencent didn't get a single penny from me.

...That being said, Lucario better not have Season Pass-locked outfits.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I gave up on this game because I couldn't take the BS anymore. Even if things change DRASTICALLY for the mobile release I'm not sure I'll go back to it because I've felt A LOT better since stopping.

Sorry everyone. I guess.
Honestly you may have made a good choice - mobile is only going to make things worse, not better. If the current info is correct about number of pre-downloads on mobile (which is netting us a free Pikachu license + holowear) the game is about to get smacked with hundreds of thousands if not millions of new players who will all be joining in the ranked fun since the game did a terrible job of actually setting you up for success with accessing ranked. Pretty sure you just need 5 Pokemon licenses? Free Pikachu + Slowbro + Venusaur + your initial free starter choice + day 2 Alolan Ninetales gets the new mobile players over the line, and thus matchmaking is about to hit rock bottom (more than it already has). Don't think it's possible to comprehend how bad the matchmaking is - people going AFK for no reason, players taking the jungle even after you called it at the start, nobody rotating to Drednaw, Masters players doing things I'd expect a Great/Expert rank player to do. It's awful.

On the plus side, we might get a proper balance patch then! I'm hoping for a Wigglytuff, Blastoise and Lucario nerf, and some buffs for Slowbro. Wigglytuff in particular is a nightmare to beat even if you're a ranged character - it's too tanky and strong at the same time, with good CC? Not cool. Also we may get news on when Mamoswine/Sylveon are coming out, I definitely like the idea of getting Mamoswine but will depend on the skillset really.

Omar Musleh

I mainly use Zeraora, and many times when I use Spark or Volt Switch, using the right stick to aim, Zeraora goes to the COMPLETE OPPOSITE direction. It happens both when I want to run away from an opponent, and vice versa when I want to dash towards an opponent. This gives a huge disadvantage, say the opponent needs one hit to be KOed and this just lets them survive. Not sure if this happens with other mons, does anyone have experience with this? I sent a message to the game’s official website about this.
Also sometimes I use the unite move, but nothing happens, except that it’s gauge resets! Is this some game mechanic I am unaware about? Like receiving certain hits or status conditions wastes the unite move if used at the same time?

The Mega Champion

Well... to be completely truthful... I guess it depends on how MAJOR the changes actually are. That's even assuming they do anything at all of course.

Like... if they actually make an effort to make changes to the things that are MAJOR problems (Zapdos, Ranked, afks, Wigglytuff, etc.) then I might consider trying it again.

However... considering the devs ineptitude to do so before now despite how long this game has already been out and the NUMEROUS fan complaints on said issues... it has me feeling like it is EXTREMELY unlikely that they will do anything at all or even anything period.

So if that's truly the case... I'll just continue focusing on Trails of Cold Steel 1 instead. =/

Oh no, Space Lucario! Locked behind Battle Pass! I may buy it unless Pirate Cinderace gets put in the shop, which would mean the Battle Pass outfits can be gotten normally later.
Patch notes for mobile release is out.

No common sense changes.

So it looks like I stay fully done with this game. Unsurprising.
You could join a squad and make your life easier.

The Mega Champion

Oh no, Space Lucario! Locked behind Battle Pass! I may buy it unless Pirate Cinderace gets put in the shop, which would mean the Battle Pass outfits can be gotten normally later.

You could join a squad and make your life easier.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a single squad out there who would want me.

I (used to) play as multiple different characters and try to do multiple different roles.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a single squad out there who would want me.

I (used to) play as multiple different characters and try to do multiple different roles.
Sooo you're adaptable, which is a good thing.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I thought the changes were pretty good - the new item enhancers that boost the item to level 30 also refund you item enhancers if you spent any upgrading the item in the first place, the new events all seem pretty good with giving you useful currencies to get stuff, the three new items added (Weakness Policy, Choice Specs and Razor Claw?) all seem viable to some degree and there's a Space Suit Gengar outfit modelled after the Moon Ball? That's dope.

As for buffs/nerfs, some were a bit random but I think on the whole they're solid changes that indicate the devs are happy to buff and cautious with the nerfs, which is what you want out of a MOBA I reckon. Wigglytuff needed the nerf (might be a bit overboard but they can bring it up to snuff easily enough), Lucario had its moves updated so now Power-Up-Punch + Bone Rush won't be the de-facto choice every time (yes ESpeed was viable too but only recently really), Cramorant was a constant sight in tournaments so a nerf might alter that, Blastoise doesn't have a bug surrounding Rapid Spin + Water Spout/Hydro Pump & auto-attack so it might do less damage overall (should've been nerfed more in my opinion but eh) and the rest seem reasonable? I think Pikachu could've used a small buff, and Slowbro needed a big buff, but it's a positive start.