• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon UNITE General Thread

Mega Ampharos the Dragon

Electric type Enthusiast
I've came up with ideas for Pokemon that could be in Unite, their role, and moves that they could have. I could share them if any of you are interested.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
My curiosity got the better of me.

WTF happened to this game? Seriously?

I lost a bot match. A FREAKING BOT MATCH. Either I'm way out of practice or things have changed DRASTICALLY.
I've heard theories that they have improved the bot AI, but I haven't verified it myself so couldn't say. Some folks on Reddit were losing to bot matches even before the patch, whether that's due to skill level/tilt or the bots being reasonably good is hard to say. I know when I get a bot match it doesn't do much to calm me down, I find it a bit insulting after a major loss streak!

I've came up with ideas for Pokemon that could be in Unite, their role, and moves that they could have. I could share them if any of you are interested.
Please do, love hearing people's ideas on what Pokemon should be in the game!

Anyway, I've tried mobile Unite and I am not a big fan. Battle item feels too close to the abilities, it's harder to auto-attack and use moves at the same time and the smaller screen gives me a headache after prolonged use. Suppose it's good for a match or two in-between breaks when you're away from your Switch but I'm not THAT invested in the game to do that.

I've been working on finding myself a "main" for this game, which has more than anything proven what I'm not very good at versus what I am good at. Which is to say... I am awful on Speedsters. Absol and Gengar aren't owned by me (only tried them out on their free week's off) and have a 25% win-rate overall. Took me about 8 games to get Talonflame to a 50% win-rate and Zeraora is also around that but I remember it being my worst character for the longest time (back when everyone thought it was OP too). A shame too, because Gengar is on my to-buy list (maybe I'll have more success in ranked with more reliable matches) and I have a suspicion some of my favourite Pokemon will be made into Speedsters (looking at you Flygon). I suspect I'd be better at Absol now it's pretty damn strong thanks to the buffs, but then that's FOTM rather than my own skill.

Mamoswine is coming out on the 29th September which means Sylveon is coming out a few weeks after that, and if you didn't know both characters were recently linked with various YouTubers covering their moves and whatnot. Mamoswine is a Defender with a fair bit of range and displacement abilities, whilst Sylveon is an Attacker with a very mobile and flexible set of abilities. I will be buying both, but the most exciting thing about this is that after Sylveon comes out we have ZERO idea of who is coming next. Clefable and Greedent were datamined but the former may have been changed to Wigglytuff and Greedent is... well, Greedent, so realistically the next Pokemon could be anyone! I'm betting on either a Speedster or an All-Rounder myself, and a Sinnoh Pokemon would work well to coincide with BDSP releasing - All-Rounder Torterra perhaps? Speedster Infernape? Weavile or Roserade maybe in one of the roles? Who knows, but it's very exciting!

Also Crustle and Lucario are bugged and they're game-breaking apparently. Think Crustle can spam it's Ultimate? And Lucario can hold A whilst using Extreme Speed to one-shot basically everything? I'm not certain, but I would advise against using them for now until they're patched (hopefully on the 29th if not sooner).

AuraChannelerChris

"Tis an honor to be recognized."
Looks like it's Lucario's turn to get crazy strong by a bug.

Extreme Speed deals so much damage now.

If anyone wants to rank up fast, use it, ha ha.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
After a brief hiatus from ranked matches, fell asleep a couple times and lost a lot of fair play points, broke into the expert rank. Only really bothering to clear the ranked related goals. When I can get a unite friend to join in that is.
Hopefully I can get the 1300 coins I need for blissey... Then I can clear the supporter goal too. Don't really fancy eldagoss.

Mega Ampharos the Dragon

Electric type Enthusiast
Please do, love hearing people's ideas on what Pokemon should be in the game!
I actually have a ton. With info to go along with them. So I think I'll just start off with my favorites of what I've created:
(Note: All Unite move names are a work-in-progress)

Galvantula, Intermediate, Ranged, Supporter, Special Attacker: Evolves at Lv 4
Special 1 Moves: Infestation -> (Upon Evolution) Bug Buzz or Gastro Acid
Special 2 Moves: String Shot -> (At Lv 6) Sticky Web or Thunder Wave
Ability: Unnerve, Unite Move: Web Entrapment

Ampharos, Intermediate, Ranged, Attacker, Special Attacker: Evolves at Lv 5 and then 7
Special 1 Moves: Thunder Shock -> (Upon Evolving into Flaaffy) Thunderbolt or Discharge
Special 2 Moves: Charge -> (Upon Evolving into Ampharos) Zap Cannon or Dragon Pulse
Ability: Static, Unite Move: Blinding Deluge

Decidueye, Novice, Ranged, Attacker, Physical Attacker: Evolves at Lv 5 and then 7
Special 1 Moves: Leafage -> (Upon Evolving into Dartrix) Leaf Blade or Air Slash
Special 2 Moves: Peck -> (Upon Evolving into Decidueye) Spirit Shackle or Phantom Force
Ability: Overgrow, Unite Move: Spirit Arrow

I've made 15 other different Pokemon that I'd want in Unite
Also, if you'd like an explanation on how any of these moves or abilities would work, just ask
and one more thing: I'd also like suggestions for Unite move names or ways to tweak these Pokemon in any way

EDIT: Swapped out Galvantula's Electro Web for Bug Buzz and swapped around Gastro Acid and Thunder Wave
EDIT2: Changed Decidueye's Sucker Punch to Phantom Force

Last edited:

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Looks like it's Lucario's turn to get crazy strong by a bug.

Extreme Speed deals so much damage now.

If anyone wants to rank up fast, use it, ha ha.
Lucario's always been crazy strong, think it's currently the most-used Pokemon in tournaments and high rankings? I can see why - it has mobility via Bone Rush and Power-Up Punch/Extreme Speed, it's incredibly tanky thanks to its Steadfast ability (grants a shield when at low health), hits stupidly hard with most of its moves from the get-go and never really falls off in the late game? It can go in any lane, 1v1 pretty much any Pokemon (can even 1v2 or 1v3 if you're skilled enough) and is soon going to have the coolest holowear in the game with the Sir Aaron skin. Most Pokemon only have one or two of those attributes! I'm hoping the Mamoswine release comes with a patch that nerfs it and fixes the Extreme Speed bug because playing against one is always a nightmare in frustration. And I own it, it's my second most played Pokemon behind Cinderace with 73 games (Cinderace has 76).

After a brief hiatus from ranked matches, fell asleep a couple times and lost a lot of fair play points, broke into the expert rank. Only really bothering to clear the ranked related goals. When I can get a unite friend to join in that is.
Hopefully I can get the 1300 coins I need for blissey... Then I can clear the supporter goal too. Don't really fancy eldagoss.
Have you considered Mr. Mime or Wigglytuff for the Supporter quests? Neither really play like you'd expect them to role-wise - Wigglytuff feels more like an All-Rounder or Defender and Mr. Mime does enough damage to seem like an Attacker, just with added utility for your team. Think one of them is free to try out in standard mode/quick match? 50mins to do 10 quick matches as one of those would work fine, and you can save your coins for a character you actually want (unless you really want Blissey, in which case go ahead).

I actually have a ton. With info to go along with them. So I think I'll just start off with my favorites of what I've created:
(Note: All Unite move names are a work-in-progress)

Galvantula, Intermediate, Ranged, Supporter, Special Attacker: Evolves at Lv 4
Special 1 Moves: Infestation -> (Upon Evolution) Bug Buzz or Gastro Acid
Special 2 Moves: String Shot -> (At Lv 6) Sticky Web or Thunder Wave
Ability: Unnerve, Unite Move: Web Entrapment

Ampharos, Intermediate, Ranged, Attacker, Special Attacker: Evolves at Lv 5 and then 7
Special 1 Moves: Thunder Shock -> (Upon Evolving into Flaaffy) Thunderbolt or Discharge
Special 2 Moves: Charge -> (Upon Evolving into Ampharos) Zap Cannon or Dragon Pulse
Ability: Static, Unite Move: Blinding Deluge

Decidueye, Novice, Ranged, Attacker, Physical Attacker: Evolves at Lv 5 and then 7
Special 1 Moves: Leafage -> (Upon Evolving into Dartrix) Leaf Blade or Air Slash
Special 2 Moves: Peck -> (Upon Evolving into Decidueye) Spirit Shackle or Sucker Punch
Ability: Overgrow, Unite Move: Spirit Arrow

I've made 15 other different Pokemon that I'd want in Unite
Also, if you'd like an explanation on how any of these moves or abilities would work, just ask
and one more thing: I'd also like suggestions for Unite move names or ways to tweak these Pokemon in any way

EDIT: Swapped out Galvantula's Electro Web for Bug Buzz and swapped around Gastro Acid and Thunder Wave
These are awesome! I like the concept of all of these although I'd probably do something different for them all myself, but if these guys got revealed today I'd definitely want to buy them! Would love to hear move/ability explanations and any other ideas you have. Might have to post my own ideas on here!

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Have you considered Mr. Mime or Wigglytuff for the Supporter quests? Neither really play like you'd expect them to role-wise - Wigglytuff feels more like an All-Rounder or Defender and Mr. Mime does enough damage to seem like an Attacker, just with added utility for your team. Think one of them is free to try out in standard mode/quick match? 50mins to do 10 quick matches as one of those would work fine, and you can save your coins for a character you actually want (unless you really want Blissey, in which case go ahead).
In all honesty, I don’t want any of the others. I play exclusively speedster roles if I’m not trying to hit specific goals. But I shall check out the full list and see if any supporters are currently free to play thanks for the tip!

AuraChannelerChris

"Tis an honor to be recognized."
Lucario's always been crazy strong.
Yes, but the Extreme Speed bug is very ridiculous. Hit level 5 2 minutes into the match? Commence sweeping.

Mega Ampharos the Dragon

Electric type Enthusiast
These are awesome! I like the concept of all of these although I'd probably do something different for them all myself, but if these guys got revealed today I'd definitely want to buy them! Would love to hear move/ability explanations and any other ideas you have. Might have to post my own ideas on here!
(NOTE: The move descriptions for Ampharos and Decidueye I mostly thought of on the fly, I might change a few things if need be)

Galvantula:
Unnerve: Prevents opponents from eating Sitrus Berries
Infestation: Very weak move, but does damage over time (like the in-game move)
String Shot: Shoots string out from its mouth, entrapping foes in front of it
Bug Buzz: Deals damage within an AoE, with the chance of SpD lowering
Gastro Acid: Deals poison damage over time to foe, foe's ability is ignored while active
Sticky Web: Tosses a web at an opponent, making them unable to move for a duration
Thunder Wave: Has a chance to paralyze opponents within an AoE, making them unable to move
Web Entrapment: Tosses a large AoE web at opponents, entrapping them during the Unite Move duration

Ampharos:
Static: (Same as Pikachu's, description taken from Pikachu's page on Serebii) "Paralyzes all opponents near the Pokémon for a short time when the Pokémon receives damage"
Thunder Shock: (Also taken from Pikachu's page) "Releases electricity, dealing damage to opposing Pokémon in the AoE"
Charge: Charges up energy, increasing the attack of the next move used
Thunderbolt: (Also taken from Pikachu's page) "Attacks with a strong electric blast, dealing damage to opposing Pokémon in the AoE"
Discharge: (Taken from Zeraora's page) "Releases an electric discharge, dealing damage to nearby opposing Pokémon and granting the user a shield when it hits"
Zap Cannon: Releases an orb of electricity that deals massive damage, has a chance of failing, if it fails, the cooldown will be 2x faster
Dragon Pulse: Shoots a beam of energy, dealing damage
Blinding Deluge: Ampharos brightens its tail, dealing massive damage within an AoE, blinding opponents for a short time

Decidueye:
Overgrow: (Same as Venusaur's, description taken from Venusaur's page on Serebii) "When the Pokémon is at low HP, the damage it deals is increased"
Leafage: Tosses leaves at the opponent, dealing damage
Peck: Attacks opponent with its beak, dealing damage
Leaf Blade: Tosses Green Blades from its wings at the opponent, dealing lots of damage, has a high chance of crit
Air Slash: Tosses Blades at the opponent, dealing AoE damage, and flinches opponent
Spirit Shackle: Shoots an arrow at the opponent, dealing a lot of damage, makes the opponent unable to move for a short time
Phantom Force: Teleports to a designated location, dealing damage to nearby foes
Spirit Arrow: Launches into the air and then shoots a large arrow to the ground, dealing AoE damage to foes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of these explanations might need tweaking, and Ampharos is borrowing a lot of explanations from other Pokemon
Also, there would probably definitely be balancing issues with these Pokemon, which I'd definitely take advice on how to fix those

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Yes, but the Extreme Speed bug is very ridiculous. Hit level 5 2 minutes into the match? Commence sweeping.
Oh for sure, not going to dispute that! I've never really used Extreme Speed before myself and I'm afraid to use it now due to the bug, so I'll leave Lucario for now and use Machamp for the All-Rounder missions (haven't used Machamp in forever so that'll be fun). But yeah, in spite of that Lucario is a great character to pick up for new players since it's so good at basically everything. The bug just makes it unbearably unfair.

(NOTE: The move descriptions for Ampharos and Decidueye I mostly thought of on the fly, I might change a few things if need be)

Galvantula:
Unnerve: Prevents opponents from eating Sitrus Berries
Infestation: Very weak move, but does damage over time (like the in-game move)
String Shot: Shoots string out from its mouth, entrapping foes in front of it
Bug Buzz: Deals damage within an AoE, with the chance of SpD lowering
Gastro Acid: Deals poison damage over time to foe, foe's ability is ignored while active
Sticky Web: Tosses a web at an opponent, making them unable to move for a duration
Thunder Wave: Has a chance to paralyze opponents within an AoE, making them unable to move
Web Entrapment: Tosses a large AoE web at opponents, entrapping them during the Unite Move duration

Ampharos:
Static: (Same as Pikachu's, description taken from Pikachu's page on Serebii) "Paralyzes all opponents near the Pokémon for a short time when the Pokémon receives damage"
Thunder Shock: (Also taken from Pikachu's page) "Releases electricity, dealing damage to opposing Pokémon in the AoE"
Charge: Charges up energy, increasing the attack of the next move used
Thunderbolt: (Also taken from Pikachu's page) "Attacks with a strong electric blast, dealing damage to opposing Pokémon in the AoE"
Discharge: (Taken from Zeraora's page) "Releases an electric discharge, dealing damage to nearby opposing Pokémon and granting the user a shield when it hits"
Zap Cannon: Releases an orb of electricity that deals massive damage, has a chance of failing, if it fails, the cooldown will be 2x faster
Dragon Pulse: Shoots a beam of energy, dealing damage
Blinding Deluge: Ampharos brightens its tail, dealing massive damage within an AoE, blinding opponents for a short time

Decidueye:
Overgrow: (Same as Venusaur's, description taken from Venusaur's page on Serebii) "When the Pokémon is at low HP, the damage it deals is increased"
Leafage: Tosses leaves at the opponent, dealing damage
Peck: Attacks opponent with its beak, dealing damage
Leaf Blade: Tosses Green Blades from its wings at the opponent, dealing lots of damage, has a high chance of crit
Air Slash: Tosses Blades at the opponent, dealing AoE damage, and flinches opponent
Spirit Shackle: Shoots an arrow at the opponent, dealing a lot of damage, makes the opponent unable to move for a short time
Phantom Force: Teleports to a designated location, dealing damage to nearby foes
Spirit Arrow: Launches into the air and then shoots a large arrow to the ground, dealing AoE damage to foes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of these explanations might need tweaking, and Ampharos is borrowing a lot of explanations from other Pokemon
Also, there would probably definitely be balancing issues with these Pokemon, which I'd definitely take advice on how to fix those
I wouldn't worry about balance too much when it comes to concepts - if the Pokemon were to actually be made then some things are a bit too overpowered but as a concept they're pretty solid! I always saw Decidueye as a Grass type version of Greninja or Cinderace - heavy ranged auto-attack emphasis with mobility options and some melee abilities. Sinister Arrow Raid as an ultimate works pretty damn well (could be like Talonflame's Brave Bird attack but with some added benefits), Spirit Shackle to "mark" a target so auto attacks do extra damage? Phantom Force for a melee teleport attack like Hex that reduces damage taken upon hitting? Stick a couple of Grass moves on it as well (Leaf Blade being a melee strike that increases auto-attack speed versus Grass Knot being a ranged attack that slows enemies) and that's a bingo!

Mega Ampharos the Dragon

Electric type Enthusiast
I wouldn't worry about balance too much when it comes to concepts - if the Pokemon were to actually be made then some things are a bit too overpowered but as a concept they're pretty solid! I always saw Decidueye as a Grass type version of Greninja or Cinderace - heavy ranged auto-attack emphasis with mobility options and some melee abilities. Sinister Arrow Raid as an ultimate works pretty damn well (could be like Talonflame's Brave Bird attack but with some added benefits), Spirit Shackle to "mark" a target so auto attacks do extra damage? Phantom Force for a melee teleport attack like Hex that reduces damage taken upon hitting? Stick a couple of Grass moves on it as well (Leaf Blade being a melee strike that increases auto-attack speed versus Grass Knot being a ranged attack that slows enemies) and that's a bingo!
I built Decidueye around how its Hidden Ability is Long Reach, allowing for it to be a Ranged Physical Attacker. So Grass Knot wouldn't exactly do much of anything unless I need another Grass move instead of Air Slash. I also had to modify Leaf Blade a little to be more like Psycho Cut to go along with this Long Reach sort of thing. I am also pretty sure that Z-Moves won't be used as Unite Moves, so I kinda had to come up with something different, in this case, a large arrow shot to the ground. As for Spirit Shackle and Phantom Force, is there any pokemon that does something similar to that "mark" thing? Cause that would tell me if I would have it on or not. As for Phantom Force, yes I did take inspiration from Gengar's Hex to make it, and I'd say the reducing damage thing could be added, depending on how exactly it works.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I built Decidueye around how its Hidden Ability is Long Reach, allowing for it to be a Ranged Physical Attacker. So Grass Knot wouldn't exactly do much of anything unless I need another Grass move instead of Air Slash. I also had to modify Leaf Blade a little to be more like Psycho Cut to go along with this Long Reach sort of thing. I am also pretty sure that Z-Moves won't be used as Unite Moves, so I kinda had to come up with something different, in this case, a large arrow shot to the ground. As for Spirit Shackle and Phantom Force, is there any pokemon that does something similar to that "mark" thing? Cause that would tell me if I would have it on or not. As for Phantom Force, yes I did take inspiration from Gengar's Hex to make it, and I'd say the reducing damage thing could be added, depending on how exactly it works.
Ah that's fair enough then, I completely forgot about Long Reach! I'm just spitballing ideas really, I doubt what I came up with would've been put into the game. The mark idea comes from a different MOBA called Heroes of the Storm, a character there called Tyrande was an archer (and a support) and her main abilities were this map-long ranged ability that gave vision as it flew over the map alongside setting up a mark on the target that increased the damage she did to that target. Bit like Fluffy Tail in Pokemon Unite but for all enemies. Map-wide vision as a move isn't really needed in Unite but I like the concept all the same.

Well I apparently need to bolster my friend list, because I have 24 friends that I made whilst climbing to Master and now none of them do matches with me (and so I can't complete half the event missions to get extra Aeos Tickets). I could join some sort of Discord to find people but I can't be bothered with the whole comms thing. It's annoying, I like how item enhancers are now raining down upon us but I don't want to have to join groups to actually complete missions? I'm content doing solo stuff. So, I thought I'd add new friends today from my Master rank games! But I ended up losing all but one of them, and everyone played so badly (including myself) that I didn't want any of them on my team for future games. Still, did my 10 games as an Attacker and a Speedster down with 8/10 on the Defenders. Once that's done I'll move onto Supporters and All-Rounders, get my Machamp and Eldegoss games up.

Mega Ampharos the Dragon

Electric type Enthusiast
I'd like to share 2 more Pokemon ideas I came up with, I'll probably make a different post to explain the moves and abilities a bit later:

Roserade, Expert, Ranged, Supporter, Special Attacker: Evolves at Lv 4
Special 1 Moves: Magical Leaf -> (Upon Evolution) Venoshock or Giga Drain
Special 2 Moves: Life Dew -> (At Lv 6) Leech Seed or Toxic
Ability: Poison Point, Unite Move: Poisonous Scent

Scizor, Intermediate, Melee, Attacker, Physical Attacker: Evolves at Lv 4
Special 1 Moves: Wing Attack -> (Upon Evolution) Bullet Punch or Metal Claw
Special 2 Moves: Fury Cutter -> (At Lv 6) X-Scissor or Pursuit
Ability: Technician, Unite Move: Iron Uppercut
Ah that's fair enough then, I completely forgot about Long Reach! I'm just spitballing ideas really, I doubt what I came up with would've been put into the game. The mark idea comes from a different MOBA called Heroes of the Storm, a character there called Tyrande was an archer (and a support) and her main abilities were this map-long ranged ability that gave vision as it flew over the map alongside setting up a mark on the target that increased the damage she did to that target. Bit like Fluffy Tail in Pokemon Unite but for all enemies. Map-wide vision as a move isn't really needed in Unite but I like the concept all the same.

Well I apparently need to bolster my friend list, because I have 24 friends that I made whilst climbing to Master and now none of them do matches with me (and so I can't complete half the event missions to get extra Aeos Tickets). I could join some sort of Discord to find people but I can't be bothered with the whole comms thing. It's annoying, I like how item enhancers are now raining down upon us but I don't want to have to join groups to actually complete missions? I'm content doing solo stuff. So, I thought I'd add new friends today from my Master rank games! But I ended up losing all but one of them, and everyone played so badly (including myself) that I didn't want any of them on my team for future games. Still, did my 10 games as an Attacker and a Speedster down with 8/10 on the Defenders. Once that's done I'll move onto Supporters and All-Rounders, get my Machamp and Eldegoss games up.
A Pokemon with vision of the enemies on the map is actually not a bad idea, might put that into a Pokemon's ability (Need to think of the perfect Pokemon for it though)

Also, as for your second paragraph, I wouldn't mind playing Ranked with you, I might not play as often, but I'll be willing to play if you want

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I think having vision as an ability would be a bit too overpowered, since most abilities in-game seem to be passive and even with a cooldown attached it just wouldn't work as well, or would be rather boring. At least you had to aim Tyrande's attack to get the vision and it only applied as it moved across the map (plus it did damage and you could talent it into a snipe and kill someone from across the map if you aimed right, was awesome).
Also, as for your second paragraph, I wouldn't mind playing Ranked with you, I might not play as often, but I'll be willing to play if you want
I think I'm alright for now, will keep trying with the folks I have! I don't play consistently enough anyway since I don't have much of a purpose to play right now (besides saving gold for the next character I want to buy). But if I'm still struggling to make it work I'll message you about it.

Anyway I'm inspired to come up with my own Pokemon Unite character ideas, but I think I'll come back to that in my next post since I need a bit more time to flesh out with some ideas. Looking forward to hearing about the move/ability explanations for Roserade and Scizor!

Mega Ampharos the Dragon

Electric type Enthusiast
I think having vision as an ability would be a bit too overpowered, since most abilities in-game seem to be passive and even with a cooldown attached it just wouldn't work as well, or would be rather boring. At least you had to aim Tyrande's attack to get the vision and it only applied as it moved across the map (plus it did damage and you could talent it into a snipe and kill someone from across the map if you aimed right, was awesome).

I think I'm alright for now, will keep trying with the folks I have! I don't play consistently enough anyway since I don't have much of a purpose to play right now (besides saving gold for the next character I want to buy). But if I'm still struggling to make it work I'll message you about it.

Anyway I'm inspired to come up with my own Pokemon Unite character ideas, but I think I'll come back to that in my next post since I need a bit more time to flesh out with some ideas. Looking forward to hearing about the move/ability explanations for Roserade and Scizor!
It wouldn't exactly be that overpowered if all it is vision of the enemies on the map, maybe also add that they can't see enemies in their zone

But either way, as for Roserade's and Scizor's explanations (Still a WIP):

Scizor:
Technician: Increase the power of Wing Attack, Bullet Punch, and Metal Claw, when an opponent is hit by one of those moves, they gain the Blowdown condition, decreasing their Speed
Wing Attack: Uses wings to deal damage
Fury Cutter: (Same as Crustle's, description taken from Crustle's page on Serebii) "Slashes opposing Pokémon with claws, dealing damage to then. Hitting the same opposing Pokémon multiple times in succession with this move increases the damage dealt"
Bullet Punch: Punches an opponent with a steel claw, dealing low damage, has long-range
Metal Claw: Scratches opponent with a steel claw, dealing damage
X-Scissor: (Also taken from Crustle's page) "Has the user dash forward with crossed claws, dealing damage to opposing Pokémon multiple times and shoving them. Leaves opposing Pokémon unable to act if they hit an object when shoved."
Pursuit: Hits opponent with dark energy, dealing damage, has very long range
Iron Uppercut: Slams opponent in front with a flurry of Bullet Punches, then uppercuts them into the air, dealing massive damage

Roserade:
Poison Point: When hit by a Melee attack, inflict Poison onto the opponent
Magical Leaf: Throws leaves at the opponent, dealing damage
Life Dew: Heals self and allies nearby
Venoshock: Tosses poison at the opponent, dealing damage, if the opponent is poisoned, double the damage
Giga Drain: Drains energy from the opponent, dealing damage and healing self
Leech Seed: Marks opponent with seeded, which drains energy from the opponent, dealing continuous chip damage, heals the nearest ally to that pokemon, the seeded effect wears off the next time the pokemon affected heals
Toxic: Badly Poisons the opponent, dealing constant damage that goes up over time
Poisonous Scent: Spreads a Poisonous Scent within an AoE, badly poisoning all opponents within it, protects all allies from poison during the duration

I really need to think of ways to make both moves reliable so that different choices can be made for a certain Pokemon

Yes, I know that there are Pokemon in Unite that never use a move in its kit ever, cough Gardevoir cough, but I still want to make these Pokemon have different ways of playing

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Mamoswine is out, but I haven't played them yet (I did buy them though). Reddit consensus seems to be certain moves have too much wind-up animation wise and so are clunky to use, but it is incredible at displacement and being a tank more so than a bruiser so will probably take some adjustment. It's not too overpowered either unlike Blissey or Blastoise, which is a positive! A good Pokemon to have in a group you can communicate with, rather than solo queue.

It wouldn't exactly be that overpowered if all it is vision of the enemies on the map, maybe also add that they can't see enemies in their zone
I mean at least in more competitive play vision over the whole map is an incredibly useful skill to have. Even assuming it ignores bushes and just focuses on the lanes themselves knowing which lane each opponent is heading to is pretty damn strong, which is why I'd say having it on a move would be better.

Anyway, I do like your Scizor and Roserade ideas! I would do Scizor differently (see below) but Roserade is pretty solid! I think having a Poison-based composition could work really well since Gengar also benefits from it via Hex, and both it and Venusaur can distribute it via Sludge Bomb. I will also explore this idea in another Pokemon idea, since you've got me inspired! I hope you keep coming up with other awesome ideas, and that others participate as well (since not a lot else is going on right now).

Scizor: Melee All-Rounder - Intermediate Difficulty
Evolves from Scyther at Level 4
  • Ability: Technician - your Special Moves increase the damage of your next basic attack (could also be just for the boosted basic attack, but the goal was to boost the damage of the "small" attacks like Technician does normally)
  • Basic Attack: Becomes a boosted attack after every third attack, dealing damage to opposing Pokemon and increasing Scizor's movement speed for x-seconds (I'm thinking either 0.5 or 1 second, depending on how OP that could be)
  • Special 1: Quick Attack - Scyther/Scizor dashes forward, dealing damage to enemy Pokemon in its path and knocking them back slightly (less push-back than Lucario's Meteor Mash, and not quite as lengthy as Lucario's Quick Attack). Upgrades at Level 4 into:
    • Bullet Punch - Scizor lunges forward and strikes the enemy Pokemon, increasing Scizor's Defense when it hits for x seconds (a simple dash + damage, with some Defense boost to give Scizor some staying power) Upgrades at Level 11 - leaves the target unable to act for x seconds (a really low amount, like 0.25 or 0.5 seconds)
    • U-Turn - Scizor strikes the enemy Pokemon and leaps backwards (no other effects, just a good chunk of damage and the ability to move backwards out of harms way). Upgrades at Level 11 - lowers the enemy Pokemon's movement speed for x seconds.
  • Special 2: Focus Energy - Scyther/Scizor focuses its power, increasing its critical-hit rate for x seconds. Upgrades at Level 6 into:
    • Swords Dance - Scizor sharpens its blades and prepares to attack, increasing the damage of its next Bullet Punch or U-Turn. Upgrades at Level 13 - also increases basic-attack speed for x seconds (maybe 2-3 seconds)
    • Night Slash - Scizor strikes the enemy Pokemon with evil-infused claws, increasing its critical-hit rate for x seconds. Upgrades at Level 13 - for 3 seconds after this move successfully hits, any shields on the enemy Pokemon are less effective against Scizor's auto attacks (don't want to completely destroy shields, but they're a menace so Scizor providing some support against them would be cool)
  • Unite Move: Titanium Swing - Scizor swings in a wide arc around itself, grabbing the first enemy player Pokemon caught in the swing, and flinging it in the targeted direction. Any other player Pokemon caught in the arc are shoved backwards and are unable to act for 0.5 seconds.
I actually can't think of another Pokemon right now, but I have an idea for a supporter-type Poison Pokemon who specialises in moves like Toxic Spikes and stuff to buff allies/hinder enemies - Toxapex maybe! Will post that tomorrow I think.