• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon UNITE General Thread

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Back up to 92 Fair Play points which is good.

noticed that almost every match is one sided. 400-200, 500-100, very Rarely does a match ever end closely

SwordDude

Back up to 92 Fair Play points which is good.

noticed that almost every match is one sided. 400-200, 500-100, very Rarely does a match ever end closely
It will definitely end closely in the higher ranked matches quite more often

Usually when zapdos isn't killed.

I've even had matches where we had equal score.

Killing zapdos is basicly free 300 - 500 points it's all about the setup endgame.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

Avid Pokemon TCG Card collector.
Still a few facts i don't like

You can't switch to a new pokemon if you feel like you made a bad choice when the match is in full swing.

There can only be one= If another player manages to select a pokemon you were going for thats really rough luck. Happens to me because of input lag sometimes during the selection.

SwordDude

That would still mean having very limited options anyway, unless for those who actually can work with every Pokemon...and have fat wallets.
Considering the amount of slowbro's in the top 100 of master rank I don't think anyone is in a big disadvantage considered one of the bottom tier mons. The game also gives you cincerace alolan nintetales and zerora for free pretty early on, top 5 mons in the game. plus you easily have enough coins for another 10K mon of choice. The 3 starters are also very viable.

the items don't have that much of an effect either and or are pretty easy to get to lvl 20 in a pretty fast amount of time.

Those extra 10 lvl's to 30 barely add anything and the passive stops after lvl 20 the bonus is minimal. even withouth an item the bonusses that items give are not that noticable.

Last edited:

SwordDude

LMFAO they buffed wild charge

Talonflame before the buffs was underrated.

I have seen talonflames do more work than gengar or zeroara at times. His speed and his damage where fine the guy hit like a truck and pretty hard to escape it.. Perfect to snipe people off in team fights

Could be a total monster now.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

LMFAO they buffed wild charge

Talonflame before the buffs was underrated.

I have seen talonflames do more work than gengar or zeroara at times. His speed and his damage where fine they guy hit like a truck and pretty hard to escape it.. Perfect to snipe people off in team fights

Could be a total monster now.
I thought Gengar was going to be nerfed because of his combos.

SwordDude

I thought Gengar was going to be nerfed because of his combos.
he did get nerfed

hex got a damage downgrade and less invincibility frames the only move that mattered, that';s the broken move that you spammed when you hit someone with sludge bomb.

Dreameater and shadow ball where bad anyway so those buffs don't mean much.

Any particular reason why almost ALL of Cinderace's attacks besides Pyro Ball got nerfed?

Cinderace most power attack was just his regular auto attack. pyro ball was minimal. Feint in particular gave a nice auto attack speed boost and you avoided attacks with it.

Last edited:

TyranatarGojira

My record is a 8 winstreak in ranked happened in veteran - ultra ranked when players get more consistent. I reached master rank solo que definitely pretty doable if you can't get 5 friends together. Also Slowbro is one of the worst defensive mons in the game your impact ain't the greatest with a bottom tier mon, try to use snorlax instead the top tier of the defender role snorlax can stall multiple mons at the same time for days it's crazy.
Snorlax is a bit OP right now, and I'm a little surprised that it and Lucario didn't get hit with any nerfs yet. Snorlax can cover a lot of ground and stun with Heavy Slam, and block is just absurd, seeing Snorlax just decide to walk through unite moves, or push whole teams back behind their base's barrier while you can do nothing is bullshit. I swear I've even seen one walk in front of my Slowbro's Unite move and break it, freeing a teammate. Lucario can basically go Power Up Punch, Bone Rush, you are dead. No, you can't run fast enough. I've had them catch me while using the speed boost from Leaf Tornado and X Speed.

Is it just me, or have there been a lot of idling players in the regular battles the last two days? last five battles I've done, I've had players who spent most the match just sitting at the base. Last match our Cinderace and Garchomp players spent most the match at the base, they did eventually start moving in the last two minutes. Amazingly we won almost two to one, thankfully the Talonflame and Snorlax players knew what they were doing, and Eldegloss works well on defense with a Snorlax. Or maybe the opossing team had the same problem.

SwordDude

Snorlax is a bit OP right now, and I'm a little surprised that it and Lucario didn't get hit with any nerfs yet. Snorlax can cover a lot of ground and stun with Heavy Slam, and block is just absurd, seeing Snorlax just decide to walk through unite moves, or push whole teams back behind their base's barrier while you can do nothing is bullshit. I swear I've even seen one walk in front of my Slowbro's Unite move and break it, freeing a teammate. Lucario can basically go Power Up Punch, Bone Rush, you are dead. No, you can't run fast enough. I've had them catch me while using the speed boost from Leaf Tornado and X Speed.

Is it just me, or have there been a lot of idling players in the regular battles the last two days? last five battles I've done, I've had players who spent most the match just sitting at the base. Last match our Cinderace and Garchomp players spent most the match at the base, they did eventually start moving in the last two minutes. Amazingly we won almost two to one, thankfully the Talonflame and Snorlax players knew what they were doing, and Eldegloss works well on defense with a Snorlax. Or maybe the opossing team had the same problem.
Lucario and snorlax where good but they weren't broken so it's a good thing that they where left untouched allot of mons have a simular power lvl to those 2 just slightly worse or equal. also I don't know wich mon you main but quite some mons can definitely run away from lucario. If your a ranged attacker wich isn't cinderace/greninja or you are a support mon than yes my condolences :p

you can damage snorlax from the back in my experience when he walls. ranged moves are also pretty nice against it.

Xspeed imo is garbage. Just use an eject button way better for escaping.X speed unfortunately barely does anything. I expected a machamp run with X speed than it would have been amazing. sadly it ain't so it's a super small increase in speed.

Cinderace, zeroara and especially gengar where busted wich fortunately did get some nerfs.

Last edited:

Hunter Zolomon

Into the Shadows
Staff member
Wow, Wigglytuff is no joke after these buffs. I'm glad that Charizard received some buffs they were much needed. Using Charizard has been pretty underwhelming. To me anyways.

Pokefan_1987

Wow, Wigglytuff is no joke after these buffs. I'm glad that Charizard received some buffs they were much needed. Using Charizard has been pretty underwhelming. To me anyways.
Yeh it get ridiculous when a lucky Pikachu takes down a Charizard. Happened to me once. I use Greninja ever since because substitute and double team allow extra dashing. But the Surf attack is underwhelming so i use Water Shuriken instead.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Crustle is abysmal... It has little to no advantage over any other player at all. I have done way more with Slowbro than with Crustle. And I specialize in defending. I do not have Snorlax Unite License yet but people tell me he is OP.

SwordDude

Interesting I see crustle as pretty good. Decent attacker can push around multiple enemy mons on the field at once while being a tank.

I'm more of a surf fan for greninja since it resets but water shuriken has it's niche uses.

Last edited:

Pokefan_1987

For me Zeraora is great. But Venusaur is too slow to be useful. Got myself a Hori Switch Horipad. The main reason is that my switch lite is so difficult to hold without it slipping in my hands and with pokemon unite is such a fast paced game that i don't wake to ruin the thumbsticks on the Lite.
20210807_154437.jpg

Nyter

Island Challenger
Welp... ScreenRant posted this article of what the social media representative for the development company of Pokémon Unite posted in a response coming off as insensitive, and the Pokémon Company's response to that!

ScreenRant

Pokémon Unite Dev's Controversial Tweets Rebuffed By The Pokémon Company​

The Pokémon Company has responded to insensitive remarks recently made by Pokémon Unite developer TiMi Studio Group on Twitter

BY THOMAS MCNULTY PUBLISHED 1 DAY AGO

Pokémon Unite is an online battle arena experience

A representative of The Pokémon Company has responded to an insensitive remark made by Pokémon Unite developer TiMi Studio Group on Twitter. Pokémon Unite is a free-to-play MOBA available on Nintendo Switch and coming soon to mobile devices, and it's now courting controversy with the Pokémon brand itself.
The franchise's response to MOBAs similar to League of Legends, Pokémon Unite offers a unique experience compared to most entries in the franchise, as players must cooperate in order to defeat other human-controlled opponents in objective-based multiplayer battles. Twenty different Pokémon make up the game's growing playable roster, with series staples like Pikachu and Charizard being joined by newer Pokémon like Eldegoss and Zeraora. Despite receiving critical and user praise for its gameplay, a heavy emphasis on microtransactions quickly soured some players' opinions of the game. Players are able to pay real money for items that boost their in-game performance, and this system has created an economy that have prompted some to call Pokémon Unite pay-to-win.

As reported by Kotaku, The Pokémon Company has responded to an insensitive and unprofessional Twitter exchange which involved Pokémon Unite developer TiMi Studio Group. When asked by other users to "say gay rights" to show support for the LGBTQ+ community, the studio's account replied, "why? rights of heterosexual players are equally important." This resulted in a back-and-forth discussion with fans that was later deleted but preserved in the below screenshot. In a subsequent tweet, TiMi Studio Group apologized for the "inappropriate remarks," but this statement too came across as unprofessional.

timi studio group tweets

TiMi Studio Group
@timistudios

"If you happened to see some inappropriate remarks by me, here's what happened. I meant to say everyone is equal, coz i know how hard we have to fight to achieve it. But I screwed up in the expression. Sorry. I feel really bad for the mistake. Tks so much for reminding."

While one Twitter user questioned the validity of the account, it has been determined to be the legitimate, verified TiMi Studio Group Twitter account. Following the series of tweets, Kotaku reached out to a representative of Pokémon owner The Pokémon Company for a response. The representative answered:

"At The Pokémon Company International, we believe in a just and equitable world and that every person, employee, and fan has the unique skills, powers, and purpose to contribute to this common cause. As part of this, we celebrate the humanity of every individual, and fully support the LGBTQIA+ community.

Diversity, equity and inclusion are the foundations of our culture of belonging, and our core value of Integrity and Respect underlines the importance of treating people with respect and empathy to build an open and trusting environment.

These statements do not align with our beliefs, culture, or values and are fundamentally wrong. We’re working with our external partner to address the situation."

Criticisms about Pokémon Unite's microtransactions have tainted the game's reputation among some players, and TiMi Studio Group's recent comments on Twitter are not doing the MOBA any favors. The developer's tweets were hateful and unacceptable, and its apology left much to be desired. For now, it's unknown what action The Pokémon Company may take as a result of this controversy.

Wonder if this will hinder anything for us players...

The Mega Champion

I've been playing the game since release and somehow I've made it to Expert Rank. I doubt I'll climb any higher than that though.

I like the game though and I'm just trying to play it for fun so it's fine I guess. I've only spent money to get some Pokemon I wanted to play as/try faster and for the battle pass and that was it. I'm hoping I won't spend anymore on it.

Hopefully the item issue gets fixed but unfortunately I personally doubt it because none of the other F2P games that get accused of being P2W fix their issues. It is what it is I suppose.

This is my list right now. Ever changing though depending on characters that get added and nerfs/buffs I guess

Main: Pikachu, Zeraora, Gardevoir
Secondary: Lucario, Cinderace, Absol
For Fun: Garcomp, Venusaur, Talonflame

I'm not that great as Greninja or Talonflame honestly but I always end up trying anyway with the birb lol. I'm also considering trying out Blissey too (assuming it's true that it's coming of course) because I feel like I'm more the 'support the team' type and not the 'aggressive attacker/defender' type. So yeah we'll see I guess.

I'm not posting my Unite Trainer ID in an open way for everyone to see though so if you would like my Unite Trainer ID or want to play the game with me badly enough message me and I'll think about giving it to you ^_^'

Nyter

Island Challenger
And now an article from TheGamer

This Week In Pokemon Unite: Review Bombing, Zapdos Nerfs, And More

BY RHIANNON BEVAN

All the news about the recently released Pokemon Unite.

This Week In Pokemon Unite - Review Bombing, Zapdos Nerfs, And More

Pokemon Unite has barely been with us for two weeks, and it's already making waves across the fanbase. However, as we found this week, this wasn't always for good reasons, as the new MOBA has faced accusations of being pay-to-win, while other players are calling for Zapdos to be nerfed.

No matter where you stand on the numerous debates taking place in the community, here's everything that's been happening on Pokemon Unite this week.

Pokemon Unite Is Labelled "Pay-To-Win" Negative user reviews are pouring in on Metacritic, as many aren't happy with the microtransactions in Pokemon Unite. Specifically, what has people up in arms is the fact that held items are quicker to upgrade if you put real money in the game. Held Items give buffs such as improving your stats or regenerating HP. The abilities can be upgraded using Item Enhancers, which increase the effectiveness. Outside of the review bombing, another vocal critic was popular YouTuber James Stephanie Sterling, who labelled the use as "predatory".

Even those who do not feel as if the game is pay-to-win are still unhappy with the microtransactions, such as our own Cian Maher, who wrote about them this week.

timi-studio-straight-rights

TiMi Studio Won't Say Gay Rights As many companies and brands often are, someone asked the account for Timi Studio Group - the developer of Pokemon Unite - to say "gay rights". While the person running the account may not be aware that this is a popular request online, their response was still concerning, as they said, "why? rights of heterosexual players are equally important". This reply seemed to suggest that the concept of supporting LGBTQ+ rights is wrong, because it keeps out a group of people who are not experiencing bigotry on the basis of their sexuality - or straight up denied equal rights in far too many places around the world.

This exchange got The Pokemon Company's attention, who told TheGamer: "These statements do not align with our beliefs, culture, or values and are fundamentally wrong. We’re working with our external partner to address the situation."

Nerf, Or Not To Nerf​

Let's be real - Zapdos can only be the best or worst part of a round of Pokemon Unite. Nothing in between.

This week, players can't decide whether or not the legendary electric bird needs to be nerfed. Well, not nerfed as in easier to kill, the exact opposite in fact. When you take down Zapdos, your team gets 110 points, and the enemy goal is left temporarily vulnerable, making scoring those goals almost guaranteed. Not to mention, this is when there's a point multiplier for goals, so it's more like 220 points. Many who have been on the receiving end of a Zapdos defeat want to see these effects toned down, either by halving the amount of points given, or by making it so goals are still protected. However, some want Zapdos left the way it is, believing that in its current state, it's the perfect comeback feature for a losing team.

TheGamer's Eric Switzer is among those calling for a change, labelling the mechanic a "disaster".

The First Patch, And Bad News Gengar Mains​

Pokemon Unite received its first patch this week, much to (most of) the community's delight. Surprising no one, Gengar was nerfed, specifically going after the move "hex", which allowed the Pokemon to deal a large amount of damage and disappear before being punished. The devs are obviously paying attention, because this OP strat didn't last long at all.

So, Uh, You've Probably Been Playing Against Bots​

Felt like you've had a great week on this new MOBA? Been tearing through the competition, match after match, and left feeling like the sky's the limit? Yeah, me too. That is, at least until it turned out a load of matches are actually against bots.

For some reason, despite the player base seemingly being in a healthy place, the devs are perhaps eager to make sure the wait time for a match isn't longer than four seconds. Often, entire enemy teams are replaced by bots, and not sophisticated ones at that. All they do is attack the nearest enemy and flee when their health gets too low. At the start of a match, all you have to do is flip all the opposing team's trainer cards over. If they've all got an orange background and a very zoomed in picture of the trainer, then they're a bot.

So my opinion...

- I am not surprised this would be a P2W game. So is Pokemon Go in a way. You spend money, you get more stuff. I don't see what the issue is. I have not spent a si gle dime on Unite and am in Expert Class so far. I don't think I am being hindered at all for not spending money on the game. And I do expect those who pay to be more equipped to win. And also for those of us who grinded. We have our fair share of winning too.
- Zapdos is fine how it is. If team A does very very well in the first 6 minutes of a match, Team B obtaining Zapdos help has a little window to overturn... a little, not a lot. It all depends on the teamwork.
- Bots!!! Ya don't say. I never believed 10 players were ALWAYS ready to battle at the very same 5 second window at once...

The Mega Champion

Now that it's been confirmed that Blissey is coming (and before Blastoise even!!) I'm hoping it can be my Support Main. Because I don't play a single Support or Defender right now. Which is pretty much because I hate them all. So... yeah... hoping for the best here.