• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon UNITE General Thread

Nyter

Island Challenger
I have played Blissey and I must say, Blissey delivers... however already found a glitch. In one of my respawns, Blissey was moving upside-down into the ground... I screenshotted it.

Finally a Support I main.

The Mega Champion

I'm sorry but I have to rant or I'll go insane (though I'm starting to go that way regardless) and if that means a warning... then so be it.

I am so god damn f-ing sick and tired of afk's and people leaving when games start/middle of games/end of games/just in general. It ABSOLUTELY RUINS games and pretty much makes you forfeit/lose because CPUs just feed (I know because I use CPU Matches to lab/do dailies A LOT)

It's infuriating, sickening and I'm f-ing sick and f-ing tired of it always happening to me and never receiving any karma for it always happening to me.

It needs to stop. Period. End of story. The devs need to do SOMETHING, ANYTHING about this god damn BS problem. Reporting them works, I guess, but it's clearly not enough.

I just pisses me off to no end knowing that games are already IMPOSSIBLE because someone decided to be a f-ing a-hole and leave the game at the start, middle, or end.

Yes. I'm tilted. You really expect me not to be? Completely legitimate reason.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I seriously need a team I can talk to, 'cause most of these folks do not know how to coordinate.

With me using Blissey, I'm often saving everyone else's behind, which is of course my job, but they always get themselves into really stupid situations that requires me rushing over to save them, and then I end up dead.

The worst part is how selfish players can be with points. I've had a few of them literally run up on my to snatch my kills just so they can they get the points, despite the fact that we're on the same team.

In short, does anyone know of any compatible brands of headphones for the Switch? lol

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
First off, I've found out that it's a gamble to even use gems to buy other Pokemon that aren't part of the same roles, because it turns out the items they need to hold suck up enhancers, so while someone puts the effort to make their most preferred role shine, there's a big chance the secondary or thirdly roles will lag behind because the items they need weren't developed and there aren't enough enhancers to upgrade them.

I have only bought Lucario's license, but I never got to buy another one. Hadn't Greninja been free to get, I'd have bought its license, but luckily, it was free, so now I'm sitting at 16k in-game gems.

By the way, I did continue with ranked and now I'm at Veteran: Class 3.

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
It'd be rather random for this game to go under because of that.

It won't. Whoever runs social media will just get fired.

In other news, I finally reached Level 10! Now I just need to collected more of those upgrade tokens so I can become the infinite-HP immortal bad*ss I'm destined to be.

The Mega Champion

I found some really good and competent players on the Serebii Discord a few of which are technically from the official Unite Discord but they made their own Discord and I joined it instead (because I ain't joining no toxic Unite discord). They've been super cool and nice to me with being a new-ish MOBA player and I'm learning/learned quite a lot from them so far.

Maybe eventually I can just numb myself to losing my rank. Though I still don't like it.

For example they told me I need to have a defender option I can play as. I don't play as any of them right now but I'm hoping to change that with Blastoise. We'll see.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I found some really good and competent players on the Serebii Discord a few of which are technically from the official Unite Discord but they made their own Discord and I joined it instead (because I ain't joining no toxic Unite discord). They've been super cool and nice to me with being a new-ish MOBA player and I'm learning/learned quite a lot from them so far.

Maybe eventually I can just numb myself to losing my rank. Though I still don't like it.

For example they told me I need to have a defender option I can play as. I don't play as any of them right now but I'm hoping to change that with Blastoise. We'll see.

Snorlax is actually pretty sweet. Its Block move comes in real handy!

You can keep opponents away from their goals while your teammates score.

The Mega Champion

Snorlax is actually pretty sweet. Its Block move comes in real handy!

You can keep opponents away from their goals while your teammates score.

I tried him once. I hated him and I was **** as him. Blastoise life.

In other news... I still hate Ranked solo-queue because my luck is horrid **** and I always get stupid teammates who tend to scuf it at the end during the Zapdos fight.

Regardless I've made it back to Expert Class 4 3 Gems/Diamonds so take that however you want

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I'm still playing this game every day (a lot, I have more hours in it than Sword and Shield combined) but man does it get frustrating sometimes! I made it to Ultra 5 the other day, was one game away from making it to Master and then today had a 7-loss streak and now I'm Ultra 4 with a single diamond, which I managed pretty much entirely off of solo queue or with people I friended from good games. Whether it be people who don't defend their areas and instead go to score 5v1, or Master rank Zeraora players with TTV in their name (which, from what I understand, is what all the people who play in tournaments have in their names) never actually helping with objectives it's frustrating and definitely brings out the rage in me (which is unfortunate since I pride myself on being a chill dude). Will I hit Master rank eventually? Who knows!

That being said, I'm having fun with the game. Got Buddy Barrier, Focus Band and Muscle Band at level 20 with Score Shield at 18? Think I'll either go for Wise Glasses or Scope Lens to 20 next but I don't really have a set character I play to push me in the right direction. I pretty much play whatever is needed but my most amount of games are on Crustle, Lucario, Ninetales and Cinderace. Snorlax, Greninja, Slowbro, Pikachu and Venusaur are also used from time to time - I definitely do enjoy the Defender role, I'm just more comfortable on Crustle than I am the other two especially after the Slowbro nerf! Snorlax is my least favourite but I have that berry costume from the gatcha thing so... go me? Blastoise will make a fine addition to my collection too, if he's broken OP maybe I'll push to Masters using him! Can only hope.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Gardevoir is deadly when used right.

A Psyshock and Moonblast combo can spell disaster to a target. Moonblast can stun them while raining hell with Psyshock. Add the fact Psyshock strikes a large area, and you got yourself a mob sweeper.

Last edited:

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Gardevoir is deadly when used right.

A Psyshock and Moonblast combo can spell disaster to a target. Moonblast can stun them while raining hell with Psyshock. Add the fact Psyshock strikes a large area, and you got yourself a mob sweeper.

Gardevoir is a weird one for me - I've never played the character personally but I've witnessed others play it/gone up against it before, and it's always been a bit of a wildcard. Gardevoir itself is stupid good and can clear objectives/teams who stick close together without major issue, but it takes so damn long to get the character to a usable level that it often feels like a liability when I see it on my team? Ralts is hot garbage until it evolves at level 6 - that's awfully late, normally when the first Drednaw appears but given how easy it is to bully Ralts in the lane it's unlikely to actually be that level in time. Honestly it'd be good in the jungle but everyone wants to play Zeraora or Absol in there so off to the lane it goes to die to pretty much anything that breathes in it's general direction. That being said, when you find yourself playing alongside a good Gardevoir player it's pretty destructive and if it's early enough in the game you're pretty likely to win a team fight. I just wish it evolved quicker, maybe going down to level 5/9 like the Kanto starters. That applies to Gible too, who also has these struggles but slightly less I suppose?

Anywho, I hit Master rank today and that's probably due to Blastoise. It's finally here and it's pretty strong for a Defender! I used the Hydro Pump + Surf combo mainly, but have tried out the Rapid Spin + Water Spout shenanigans to pretty good success? It just disrupts the enemy so well, steals wild Pokemon without major issue and doesn't die that easily - all stages feel solid and reliable and it can do pretty much anything (don't like seeing it in the jungle though). My final game to hit Masters was on Cinderace though, but I got from the bottom of Ultra 4 to the top of Ultra 5 with the 'stoise! Guess now I just do my dailies and wait for mobile release/new Pokemon to come out - Mamoswine should be fun to play and I have enough to buy them if they're 8k gold, but we'll see.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Gardevoir is a weird one for me - I've never played the character personally but I've witnessed others play it/gone up against it before, and it's always been a bit of a wildcard. Gardevoir itself is stupid good and can clear objectives/teams who stick close together without major issue, but it takes so damn long to get the character to a usable level that it often feels like a liability when I see it on my team? Ralts is hot garbage until it evolves at level 6 - that's awfully late, normally when the first Drednaw appears but given how easy it is to bully Ralts in the lane it's unlikely to actually be that level in time. Honestly it'd be good in the jungle but everyone wants to play Zeraora or Absol in there so off to the lane it goes to die to pretty much anything that breathes in it's general direction. That being said, when you find yourself playing alongside a good Gardevoir player it's pretty destructive and if it's early enough in the game you're pretty likely to win a team fight. I just wish it evolved quicker, maybe going down to level 5/9 like the Kanto starters. That applies to Gible too, who also has these struggles but slightly less I suppose?
Yeah. A Gardevoir player has to commit to leveling up to level 6 as soon as possible while giving minor support for the rest of the team in the meantime. I guess that's the prize to pay before it starts to become much more useful.

And its Unite move is devastating. Anyone getting pulled into the void can't attack before getting nuked, and it can even still use its moves in the process. It can also be a Zapdos slayer if it happens to use its Unite move when it's about to keel over, because any other foe caught in the vortex can't do anything anyway.

The Mega Champion

Well I made it back into Vet Class 1. With Randoms of all people shockingly enough.

I think at this point I'm probably quitting Ranked until next Season (even then I don't particularly like the idea of going through HELL again)

Because Ranked has proven to consistently be impossible BS. For me at least.

Either way... Blastoise is pretty much my Defender Main. So yay I guess?

This game consistently pisses me off though admittedly and it's getting to the point where I was with Pokken. In the sense that it might just be better if I quit it altogether.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Just about to hit 10k coins and not sure which licence to buy for that much... Garchomp or Lucario... Not much interest in either since I prefer Zeraora more but it's something to do with the coins from clearing daily targets.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Just about to hit 10k coins and not sure which licence to buy for that much... Garchomp or Lucario... Not much interest in either since I prefer Zeraora more but it's something to do with the coins from clearing daily targets.
Lucario has versatility as a fighter that can zoom about to dodge attacks and cause confusion. For the early half of the match with Power-Up Punch it's amazing, but for the second half, it must be in a supportive role because it tends to slowly die alone.

Garchomp is a beast from up-close, though you need to properly give it good aim for its rampaging UNITE move.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Lucario has versatility as a fighter that can zoom about to dodge attacks and cause confusion. For the early half of the match with Power-Up Punch it's amazing, but for the second half, it must be in a supportive role because it tends to slowly die alone.

Garchomp is a beast from up-close, though you need to properly give it good aim for its rampaging UNITE move.
I certainly die to enough Lucario to agree with you on this! I shall consider this closely!

The Mega Champion

I gave up on this game because I couldn't take the BS anymore. Even if things change DRASTICALLY for the mobile release I'm not sure I'll go back to it because I've felt A LOT better since stopping.

Sorry everyone. I guess.