• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon UNITE General Thread

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I gave up on this game because I couldn't take the BS anymore. Even if things change DRASTICALLY for the mobile release I'm not sure I'll go back to it because I've felt A LOT better since stopping.

Sorry everyone. I guess.
Honestly you may have made a good choice - mobile is only going to make things worse, not better. If the current info is correct about number of pre-downloads on mobile (which is netting us a free Pikachu license + holowear) the game is about to get smacked with hundreds of thousands if not millions of new players who will all be joining in the ranked fun since the game did a terrible job of actually setting you up for success with accessing ranked. Pretty sure you just need 5 Pokemon licenses? Free Pikachu + Slowbro + Venusaur + your initial free starter choice + day 2 Alolan Ninetales gets the new mobile players over the line, and thus matchmaking is about to hit rock bottom (more than it already has). Don't think it's possible to comprehend how bad the matchmaking is - people going AFK for no reason, players taking the jungle even after you called it at the start, nobody rotating to Drednaw, Masters players doing things I'd expect a Great/Expert rank player to do. It's awful.

On the plus side, we might get a proper balance patch then! I'm hoping for a Wigglytuff, Blastoise and Lucario nerf, and some buffs for Slowbro. Wigglytuff in particular is a nightmare to beat even if you're a ranged character - it's too tanky and strong at the same time, with good CC? Not cool. Also we may get news on when Mamoswine/Sylveon are coming out, I definitely like the idea of getting Mamoswine but will depend on the skillset really.

Omar Musleh

I mainly use Zeraora, and many times when I use Spark or Volt Switch, using the right stick to aim, Zeraora goes to the COMPLETE OPPOSITE direction. It happens both when I want to run away from an opponent, and vice versa when I want to dash towards an opponent. This gives a huge disadvantage, say the opponent needs one hit to be KOed and this just lets them survive. Not sure if this happens with other mons, does anyone have experience with this? I sent a message to the game’s official website about this.
Also sometimes I use the unite move, but nothing happens, except that it’s gauge resets! Is this some game mechanic I am unaware about? Like receiving certain hits or status conditions wastes the unite move if used at the same time?

The Mega Champion

Well... to be completely truthful... I guess it depends on how MAJOR the changes actually are. That's even assuming they do anything at all of course.

Like... if they actually make an effort to make changes to the things that are MAJOR problems (Zapdos, Ranked, afks, Wigglytuff, etc.) then I might consider trying it again.

However... considering the devs ineptitude to do so before now despite how long this game has already been out and the NUMEROUS fan complaints on said issues... it has me feeling like it is EXTREMELY unlikely that they will do anything at all or even anything period.

So if that's truly the case... I'll just continue focusing on Trails of Cold Steel 1 instead. =/

The Mega Champion

Patch notes for mobile release is out.

No common sense changes.

So it looks like I stay fully done with this game. Unsurprising.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Oh no, Space Lucario! Locked behind Battle Pass! I may buy it unless Pirate Cinderace gets put in the shop, which would mean the Battle Pass outfits can be gotten normally later.
Patch notes for mobile release is out.

No common sense changes.

So it looks like I stay fully done with this game. Unsurprising.
You could join a squad and make your life easier.

The Mega Champion

Oh no, Space Lucario! Locked behind Battle Pass! I may buy it unless Pirate Cinderace gets put in the shop, which would mean the Battle Pass outfits can be gotten normally later.

You could join a squad and make your life easier.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a single squad out there who would want me.

I (used to) play as multiple different characters and try to do multiple different roles.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I thought the changes were pretty good - the new item enhancers that boost the item to level 30 also refund you item enhancers if you spent any upgrading the item in the first place, the new events all seem pretty good with giving you useful currencies to get stuff, the three new items added (Weakness Policy, Choice Specs and Razor Claw?) all seem viable to some degree and there's a Space Suit Gengar outfit modelled after the Moon Ball? That's dope.

As for buffs/nerfs, some were a bit random but I think on the whole they're solid changes that indicate the devs are happy to buff and cautious with the nerfs, which is what you want out of a MOBA I reckon. Wigglytuff needed the nerf (might be a bit overboard but they can bring it up to snuff easily enough), Lucario had its moves updated so now Power-Up-Punch + Bone Rush won't be the de-facto choice every time (yes ESpeed was viable too but only recently really), Cramorant was a constant sight in tournaments so a nerf might alter that, Blastoise doesn't have a bug surrounding Rapid Spin + Water Spout/Hydro Pump & auto-attack so it might do less damage overall (should've been nerfed more in my opinion but eh) and the rest seem reasonable? I think Pikachu could've used a small buff, and Slowbro needed a big buff, but it's a positive start.

The Mega Champion

My curiosity got the better of me.

WTF happened to this game? Seriously?

I lost a bot match. A FREAKING BOT MATCH. Either I'm way out of practice or things have changed DRASTICALLY.

I've came up with ideas for Pokemon that could be in Unite, their role, and moves that they could have. I could share them if any of you are interested.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
My curiosity got the better of me.

WTF happened to this game? Seriously?

I lost a bot match. A FREAKING BOT MATCH. Either I'm way out of practice or things have changed DRASTICALLY.
I've heard theories that they have improved the bot AI, but I haven't verified it myself so couldn't say. Some folks on Reddit were losing to bot matches even before the patch, whether that's due to skill level/tilt or the bots being reasonably good is hard to say. I know when I get a bot match it doesn't do much to calm me down, I find it a bit insulting after a major loss streak!

I've came up with ideas for Pokemon that could be in Unite, their role, and moves that they could have. I could share them if any of you are interested.
Please do, love hearing people's ideas on what Pokemon should be in the game!

Anyway, I've tried mobile Unite and I am not a big fan. Battle item feels too close to the abilities, it's harder to auto-attack and use moves at the same time and the smaller screen gives me a headache after prolonged use. Suppose it's good for a match or two in-between breaks when you're away from your Switch but I'm not THAT invested in the game to do that.

I've been working on finding myself a "main" for this game, which has more than anything proven what I'm not very good at versus what I am good at. Which is to say... I am awful on Speedsters. Absol and Gengar aren't owned by me (only tried them out on their free week's off) and have a 25% win-rate overall. Took me about 8 games to get Talonflame to a 50% win-rate and Zeraora is also around that but I remember it being my worst character for the longest time (back when everyone thought it was OP too). A shame too, because Gengar is on my to-buy list (maybe I'll have more success in ranked with more reliable matches) and I have a suspicion some of my favourite Pokemon will be made into Speedsters (looking at you Flygon). I suspect I'd be better at Absol now it's pretty damn strong thanks to the buffs, but then that's FOTM rather than my own skill.

Mamoswine is coming out on the 29th September which means Sylveon is coming out a few weeks after that, and if you didn't know both characters were recently linked with various YouTubers covering their moves and whatnot. Mamoswine is a Defender with a fair bit of range and displacement abilities, whilst Sylveon is an Attacker with a very mobile and flexible set of abilities. I will be buying both, but the most exciting thing about this is that after Sylveon comes out we have ZERO idea of who is coming next. Clefable and Greedent were datamined but the former may have been changed to Wigglytuff and Greedent is... well, Greedent, so realistically the next Pokemon could be anyone! I'm betting on either a Speedster or an All-Rounder myself, and a Sinnoh Pokemon would work well to coincide with BDSP releasing - All-Rounder Torterra perhaps? Speedster Infernape? Weavile or Roserade maybe in one of the roles? Who knows, but it's very exciting!

Also Crustle and Lucario are bugged and they're game-breaking apparently. Think Crustle can spam it's Ultimate? And Lucario can hold A whilst using Extreme Speed to one-shot basically everything? I'm not certain, but I would advise against using them for now until they're patched (hopefully on the 29th if not sooner).

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
After a brief hiatus from ranked matches, fell asleep a couple times and lost a lot of fair play points, broke into the expert rank. Only really bothering to clear the ranked related goals. When I can get a unite friend to join in that is.
Hopefully I can get the 1300 coins I need for blissey... Then I can clear the supporter goal too. Don't really fancy eldagoss.

Please do, love hearing people's ideas on what Pokemon should be in the game!
I actually have a ton. With info to go along with them. So I think I'll just start off with my favorites of what I've created:
(Note: All Unite move names are a work-in-progress)

Galvantula, Intermediate, Ranged, Supporter, Special Attacker: Evolves at Lv 4
Special 1 Moves: Infestation -> (Upon Evolution) Bug Buzz or Gastro Acid
Special 2 Moves: String Shot -> (At Lv 6) Sticky Web or Thunder Wave
Ability: Unnerve, Unite Move: Web Entrapment

Ampharos, Intermediate, Ranged, Attacker, Special Attacker: Evolves at Lv 5 and then 7
Special 1 Moves: Thunder Shock -> (Upon Evolving into Flaaffy) Thunderbolt or Discharge
Special 2 Moves: Charge -> (Upon Evolving into Ampharos) Zap Cannon or Dragon Pulse
Ability: Static, Unite Move: Blinding Deluge

Decidueye, Novice, Ranged, Attacker, Physical Attacker: Evolves at Lv 5 and then 7
Special 1 Moves: Leafage -> (Upon Evolving into Dartrix) Leaf Blade or Air Slash
Special 2 Moves: Peck -> (Upon Evolving into Decidueye) Spirit Shackle or Phantom Force
Ability: Overgrow, Unite Move: Spirit Arrow

I've made 15 other different Pokemon that I'd want in Unite
Also, if you'd like an explanation on how any of these moves or abilities would work, just ask
and one more thing: I'd also like suggestions for Unite move names or ways to tweak these Pokemon in any way

EDIT: Swapped out Galvantula's Electro Web for Bug Buzz and swapped around Gastro Acid and Thunder Wave
EDIT2: Changed Decidueye's Sucker Punch to Phantom Force

Last edited:

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Looks like it's Lucario's turn to get crazy strong by a bug.

Extreme Speed deals so much damage now.

If anyone wants to rank up fast, use it, ha ha.
Lucario's always been crazy strong, think it's currently the most-used Pokemon in tournaments and high rankings? I can see why - it has mobility via Bone Rush and Power-Up Punch/Extreme Speed, it's incredibly tanky thanks to its Steadfast ability (grants a shield when at low health), hits stupidly hard with most of its moves from the get-go and never really falls off in the late game? It can go in any lane, 1v1 pretty much any Pokemon (can even 1v2 or 1v3 if you're skilled enough) and is soon going to have the coolest holowear in the game with the Sir Aaron skin. Most Pokemon only have one or two of those attributes! I'm hoping the Mamoswine release comes with a patch that nerfs it and fixes the Extreme Speed bug because playing against one is always a nightmare in frustration. And I own it, it's my second most played Pokemon behind Cinderace with 73 games (Cinderace has 76).

After a brief hiatus from ranked matches, fell asleep a couple times and lost a lot of fair play points, broke into the expert rank. Only really bothering to clear the ranked related goals. When I can get a unite friend to join in that is.
Hopefully I can get the 1300 coins I need for blissey... Then I can clear the supporter goal too. Don't really fancy eldagoss.
Have you considered Mr. Mime or Wigglytuff for the Supporter quests? Neither really play like you'd expect them to role-wise - Wigglytuff feels more like an All-Rounder or Defender and Mr. Mime does enough damage to seem like an Attacker, just with added utility for your team. Think one of them is free to try out in standard mode/quick match? 50mins to do 10 quick matches as one of those would work fine, and you can save your coins for a character you actually want (unless you really want Blissey, in which case go ahead).

I actually have a ton. With info to go along with them. So I think I'll just start off with my favorites of what I've created:
(Note: All Unite move names are a work-in-progress)

Galvantula, Intermediate, Ranged, Supporter, Special Attacker: Evolves at Lv 4
Special 1 Moves: Infestation -> (Upon Evolution) Bug Buzz or Gastro Acid
Special 2 Moves: String Shot -> (At Lv 6) Sticky Web or Thunder Wave
Ability: Unnerve, Unite Move: Web Entrapment

Ampharos, Intermediate, Ranged, Attacker, Special Attacker: Evolves at Lv 5 and then 7
Special 1 Moves: Thunder Shock -> (Upon Evolving into Flaaffy) Thunderbolt or Discharge
Special 2 Moves: Charge -> (Upon Evolving into Ampharos) Zap Cannon or Dragon Pulse
Ability: Static, Unite Move: Blinding Deluge

Decidueye, Novice, Ranged, Attacker, Physical Attacker: Evolves at Lv 5 and then 7
Special 1 Moves: Leafage -> (Upon Evolving into Dartrix) Leaf Blade or Air Slash
Special 2 Moves: Peck -> (Upon Evolving into Decidueye) Spirit Shackle or Sucker Punch
Ability: Overgrow, Unite Move: Spirit Arrow

I've made 15 other different Pokemon that I'd want in Unite
Also, if you'd like an explanation on how any of these moves or abilities would work, just ask
and one more thing: I'd also like suggestions for Unite move names or ways to tweak these Pokemon in any way

EDIT: Swapped out Galvantula's Electro Web for Bug Buzz and swapped around Gastro Acid and Thunder Wave
These are awesome! I like the concept of all of these although I'd probably do something different for them all myself, but if these guys got revealed today I'd definitely want to buy them! Would love to hear move/ability explanations and any other ideas you have. Might have to post my own ideas on here!

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Have you considered Mr. Mime or Wigglytuff for the Supporter quests? Neither really play like you'd expect them to role-wise - Wigglytuff feels more like an All-Rounder or Defender and Mr. Mime does enough damage to seem like an Attacker, just with added utility for your team. Think one of them is free to try out in standard mode/quick match? 50mins to do 10 quick matches as one of those would work fine, and you can save your coins for a character you actually want (unless you really want Blissey, in which case go ahead).
In all honesty, I don’t want any of the others. I play exclusively speedster roles if I’m not trying to hit specific goals. But I shall check out the full list and see if any supporters are currently free to play thanks for the tip!