• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon UNITE General Thread

These are awesome! I like the concept of all of these although I'd probably do something different for them all myself, but if these guys got revealed today I'd definitely want to buy them! Would love to hear move/ability explanations and any other ideas you have. Might have to post my own ideas on here!
(NOTE: The move descriptions for Ampharos and Decidueye I mostly thought of on the fly, I might change a few things if need be)

Galvantula:
Unnerve: Prevents opponents from eating Sitrus Berries
Infestation: Very weak move, but does damage over time (like the in-game move)
String Shot: Shoots string out from its mouth, entrapping foes in front of it
Bug Buzz: Deals damage within an AoE, with the chance of SpD lowering
Gastro Acid: Deals poison damage over time to foe, foe's ability is ignored while active
Sticky Web: Tosses a web at an opponent, making them unable to move for a duration
Thunder Wave: Has a chance to paralyze opponents within an AoE, making them unable to move
Web Entrapment: Tosses a large AoE web at opponents, entrapping them during the Unite Move duration

Ampharos:
Static: (Same as Pikachu's, description taken from Pikachu's page on Serebii) "Paralyzes all opponents near the Pokémon for a short time when the Pokémon receives damage"
Thunder Shock: (Also taken from Pikachu's page) "Releases electricity, dealing damage to opposing Pokémon in the AoE"
Charge: Charges up energy, increasing the attack of the next move used
Thunderbolt: (Also taken from Pikachu's page) "Attacks with a strong electric blast, dealing damage to opposing Pokémon in the AoE"
Discharge: (Taken from Zeraora's page) "Releases an electric discharge, dealing damage to nearby opposing Pokémon and granting the user a shield when it hits"
Zap Cannon: Releases an orb of electricity that deals massive damage, has a chance of failing, if it fails, the cooldown will be 2x faster
Dragon Pulse: Shoots a beam of energy, dealing damage
Blinding Deluge: Ampharos brightens its tail, dealing massive damage within an AoE, blinding opponents for a short time

Decidueye:
Overgrow: (Same as Venusaur's, description taken from Venusaur's page on Serebii) "When the Pokémon is at low HP, the damage it deals is increased"
Leafage: Tosses leaves at the opponent, dealing damage
Peck: Attacks opponent with its beak, dealing damage
Leaf Blade: Tosses Green Blades from its wings at the opponent, dealing lots of damage, has a high chance of crit
Air Slash: Tosses Blades at the opponent, dealing AoE damage, and flinches opponent
Spirit Shackle: Shoots an arrow at the opponent, dealing a lot of damage, makes the opponent unable to move for a short time
Phantom Force: Teleports to a designated location, dealing damage to nearby foes
Spirit Arrow: Launches into the air and then shoots a large arrow to the ground, dealing AoE damage to foes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of these explanations might need tweaking, and Ampharos is borrowing a lot of explanations from other Pokemon
Also, there would probably definitely be balancing issues with these Pokemon, which I'd definitely take advice on how to fix those

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Yes, but the Extreme Speed bug is very ridiculous. Hit level 5 2 minutes into the match? Commence sweeping.
Oh for sure, not going to dispute that! I've never really used Extreme Speed before myself and I'm afraid to use it now due to the bug, so I'll leave Lucario for now and use Machamp for the All-Rounder missions (haven't used Machamp in forever so that'll be fun). But yeah, in spite of that Lucario is a great character to pick up for new players since it's so good at basically everything. The bug just makes it unbearably unfair.

(NOTE: The move descriptions for Ampharos and Decidueye I mostly thought of on the fly, I might change a few things if need be)

Galvantula:
Unnerve: Prevents opponents from eating Sitrus Berries
Infestation: Very weak move, but does damage over time (like the in-game move)
String Shot: Shoots string out from its mouth, entrapping foes in front of it
Bug Buzz: Deals damage within an AoE, with the chance of SpD lowering
Gastro Acid: Deals poison damage over time to foe, foe's ability is ignored while active
Sticky Web: Tosses a web at an opponent, making them unable to move for a duration
Thunder Wave: Has a chance to paralyze opponents within an AoE, making them unable to move
Web Entrapment: Tosses a large AoE web at opponents, entrapping them during the Unite Move duration

Ampharos:
Static: (Same as Pikachu's, description taken from Pikachu's page on Serebii) "Paralyzes all opponents near the Pokémon for a short time when the Pokémon receives damage"
Thunder Shock: (Also taken from Pikachu's page) "Releases electricity, dealing damage to opposing Pokémon in the AoE"
Charge: Charges up energy, increasing the attack of the next move used
Thunderbolt: (Also taken from Pikachu's page) "Attacks with a strong electric blast, dealing damage to opposing Pokémon in the AoE"
Discharge: (Taken from Zeraora's page) "Releases an electric discharge, dealing damage to nearby opposing Pokémon and granting the user a shield when it hits"
Zap Cannon: Releases an orb of electricity that deals massive damage, has a chance of failing, if it fails, the cooldown will be 2x faster
Dragon Pulse: Shoots a beam of energy, dealing damage
Blinding Deluge: Ampharos brightens its tail, dealing massive damage within an AoE, blinding opponents for a short time

Decidueye:
Overgrow: (Same as Venusaur's, description taken from Venusaur's page on Serebii) "When the Pokémon is at low HP, the damage it deals is increased"
Leafage: Tosses leaves at the opponent, dealing damage
Peck: Attacks opponent with its beak, dealing damage
Leaf Blade: Tosses Green Blades from its wings at the opponent, dealing lots of damage, has a high chance of crit
Air Slash: Tosses Blades at the opponent, dealing AoE damage, and flinches opponent
Spirit Shackle: Shoots an arrow at the opponent, dealing a lot of damage, makes the opponent unable to move for a short time
Phantom Force: Teleports to a designated location, dealing damage to nearby foes
Spirit Arrow: Launches into the air and then shoots a large arrow to the ground, dealing AoE damage to foes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of these explanations might need tweaking, and Ampharos is borrowing a lot of explanations from other Pokemon
Also, there would probably definitely be balancing issues with these Pokemon, which I'd definitely take advice on how to fix those
I wouldn't worry about balance too much when it comes to concepts - if the Pokemon were to actually be made then some things are a bit too overpowered but as a concept they're pretty solid! I always saw Decidueye as a Grass type version of Greninja or Cinderace - heavy ranged auto-attack emphasis with mobility options and some melee abilities. Sinister Arrow Raid as an ultimate works pretty damn well (could be like Talonflame's Brave Bird attack but with some added benefits), Spirit Shackle to "mark" a target so auto attacks do extra damage? Phantom Force for a melee teleport attack like Hex that reduces damage taken upon hitting? Stick a couple of Grass moves on it as well (Leaf Blade being a melee strike that increases auto-attack speed versus Grass Knot being a ranged attack that slows enemies) and that's a bingo!

I wouldn't worry about balance too much when it comes to concepts - if the Pokemon were to actually be made then some things are a bit too overpowered but as a concept they're pretty solid! I always saw Decidueye as a Grass type version of Greninja or Cinderace - heavy ranged auto-attack emphasis with mobility options and some melee abilities. Sinister Arrow Raid as an ultimate works pretty damn well (could be like Talonflame's Brave Bird attack but with some added benefits), Spirit Shackle to "mark" a target so auto attacks do extra damage? Phantom Force for a melee teleport attack like Hex that reduces damage taken upon hitting? Stick a couple of Grass moves on it as well (Leaf Blade being a melee strike that increases auto-attack speed versus Grass Knot being a ranged attack that slows enemies) and that's a bingo!
I built Decidueye around how its Hidden Ability is Long Reach, allowing for it to be a Ranged Physical Attacker. So Grass Knot wouldn't exactly do much of anything unless I need another Grass move instead of Air Slash. I also had to modify Leaf Blade a little to be more like Psycho Cut to go along with this Long Reach sort of thing. I am also pretty sure that Z-Moves won't be used as Unite Moves, so I kinda had to come up with something different, in this case, a large arrow shot to the ground. As for Spirit Shackle and Phantom Force, is there any pokemon that does something similar to that "mark" thing? Cause that would tell me if I would have it on or not. As for Phantom Force, yes I did take inspiration from Gengar's Hex to make it, and I'd say the reducing damage thing could be added, depending on how exactly it works.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I built Decidueye around how its Hidden Ability is Long Reach, allowing for it to be a Ranged Physical Attacker. So Grass Knot wouldn't exactly do much of anything unless I need another Grass move instead of Air Slash. I also had to modify Leaf Blade a little to be more like Psycho Cut to go along with this Long Reach sort of thing. I am also pretty sure that Z-Moves won't be used as Unite Moves, so I kinda had to come up with something different, in this case, a large arrow shot to the ground. As for Spirit Shackle and Phantom Force, is there any pokemon that does something similar to that "mark" thing? Cause that would tell me if I would have it on or not. As for Phantom Force, yes I did take inspiration from Gengar's Hex to make it, and I'd say the reducing damage thing could be added, depending on how exactly it works.
Ah that's fair enough then, I completely forgot about Long Reach! I'm just spitballing ideas really, I doubt what I came up with would've been put into the game. The mark idea comes from a different MOBA called Heroes of the Storm, a character there called Tyrande was an archer (and a support) and her main abilities were this map-long ranged ability that gave vision as it flew over the map alongside setting up a mark on the target that increased the damage she did to that target. Bit like Fluffy Tail in Pokemon Unite but for all enemies. Map-wide vision as a move isn't really needed in Unite but I like the concept all the same.

Well I apparently need to bolster my friend list, because I have 24 friends that I made whilst climbing to Master and now none of them do matches with me (and so I can't complete half the event missions to get extra Aeos Tickets). I could join some sort of Discord to find people but I can't be bothered with the whole comms thing. It's annoying, I like how item enhancers are now raining down upon us but I don't want to have to join groups to actually complete missions? I'm content doing solo stuff. So, I thought I'd add new friends today from my Master rank games! But I ended up losing all but one of them, and everyone played so badly (including myself) that I didn't want any of them on my team for future games. Still, did my 10 games as an Attacker and a Speedster down with 8/10 on the Defenders. Once that's done I'll move onto Supporters and All-Rounders, get my Machamp and Eldegoss games up.

I'd like to share 2 more Pokemon ideas I came up with, I'll probably make a different post to explain the moves and abilities a bit later:

Roserade, Expert, Ranged, Supporter, Special Attacker: Evolves at Lv 4
Special 1 Moves: Magical Leaf -> (Upon Evolution) Venoshock or Giga Drain
Special 2 Moves: Life Dew -> (At Lv 6) Leech Seed or Toxic
Ability: Poison Point, Unite Move: Poisonous Scent

Scizor, Intermediate, Melee, Attacker, Physical Attacker: Evolves at Lv 4
Special 1 Moves: Wing Attack -> (Upon Evolution) Bullet Punch or Metal Claw
Special 2 Moves: Fury Cutter -> (At Lv 6) X-Scissor or Pursuit
Ability: Technician, Unite Move: Iron Uppercut
Ah that's fair enough then, I completely forgot about Long Reach! I'm just spitballing ideas really, I doubt what I came up with would've been put into the game. The mark idea comes from a different MOBA called Heroes of the Storm, a character there called Tyrande was an archer (and a support) and her main abilities were this map-long ranged ability that gave vision as it flew over the map alongside setting up a mark on the target that increased the damage she did to that target. Bit like Fluffy Tail in Pokemon Unite but for all enemies. Map-wide vision as a move isn't really needed in Unite but I like the concept all the same.

Well I apparently need to bolster my friend list, because I have 24 friends that I made whilst climbing to Master and now none of them do matches with me (and so I can't complete half the event missions to get extra Aeos Tickets). I could join some sort of Discord to find people but I can't be bothered with the whole comms thing. It's annoying, I like how item enhancers are now raining down upon us but I don't want to have to join groups to actually complete missions? I'm content doing solo stuff. So, I thought I'd add new friends today from my Master rank games! But I ended up losing all but one of them, and everyone played so badly (including myself) that I didn't want any of them on my team for future games. Still, did my 10 games as an Attacker and a Speedster down with 8/10 on the Defenders. Once that's done I'll move onto Supporters and All-Rounders, get my Machamp and Eldegoss games up.
A Pokemon with vision of the enemies on the map is actually not a bad idea, might put that into a Pokemon's ability (Need to think of the perfect Pokemon for it though)

Also, as for your second paragraph, I wouldn't mind playing Ranked with you, I might not play as often, but I'll be willing to play if you want

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I think having vision as an ability would be a bit too overpowered, since most abilities in-game seem to be passive and even with a cooldown attached it just wouldn't work as well, or would be rather boring. At least you had to aim Tyrande's attack to get the vision and it only applied as it moved across the map (plus it did damage and you could talent it into a snipe and kill someone from across the map if you aimed right, was awesome).
Also, as for your second paragraph, I wouldn't mind playing Ranked with you, I might not play as often, but I'll be willing to play if you want
I think I'm alright for now, will keep trying with the folks I have! I don't play consistently enough anyway since I don't have much of a purpose to play right now (besides saving gold for the next character I want to buy). But if I'm still struggling to make it work I'll message you about it.

Anyway I'm inspired to come up with my own Pokemon Unite character ideas, but I think I'll come back to that in my next post since I need a bit more time to flesh out with some ideas. Looking forward to hearing about the move/ability explanations for Roserade and Scizor!

I think having vision as an ability would be a bit too overpowered, since most abilities in-game seem to be passive and even with a cooldown attached it just wouldn't work as well, or would be rather boring. At least you had to aim Tyrande's attack to get the vision and it only applied as it moved across the map (plus it did damage and you could talent it into a snipe and kill someone from across the map if you aimed right, was awesome).

I think I'm alright for now, will keep trying with the folks I have! I don't play consistently enough anyway since I don't have much of a purpose to play right now (besides saving gold for the next character I want to buy). But if I'm still struggling to make it work I'll message you about it.

Anyway I'm inspired to come up with my own Pokemon Unite character ideas, but I think I'll come back to that in my next post since I need a bit more time to flesh out with some ideas. Looking forward to hearing about the move/ability explanations for Roserade and Scizor!
It wouldn't exactly be that overpowered if all it is vision of the enemies on the map, maybe also add that they can't see enemies in their zone

But either way, as for Roserade's and Scizor's explanations (Still a WIP):

Scizor:
Technician: Increase the power of Wing Attack, Bullet Punch, and Metal Claw, when an opponent is hit by one of those moves, they gain the Blowdown condition, decreasing their Speed
Wing Attack: Uses wings to deal damage
Fury Cutter: (Same as Crustle's, description taken from Crustle's page on Serebii) "Slashes opposing Pokémon with claws, dealing damage to then. Hitting the same opposing Pokémon multiple times in succession with this move increases the damage dealt"
Bullet Punch: Punches an opponent with a steel claw, dealing low damage, has long-range
Metal Claw: Scratches opponent with a steel claw, dealing damage
X-Scissor: (Also taken from Crustle's page) "Has the user dash forward with crossed claws, dealing damage to opposing Pokémon multiple times and shoving them. Leaves opposing Pokémon unable to act if they hit an object when shoved."
Pursuit: Hits opponent with dark energy, dealing damage, has very long range
Iron Uppercut: Slams opponent in front with a flurry of Bullet Punches, then uppercuts them into the air, dealing massive damage

Roserade:
Poison Point: When hit by a Melee attack, inflict Poison onto the opponent
Magical Leaf: Throws leaves at the opponent, dealing damage
Life Dew: Heals self and allies nearby
Venoshock: Tosses poison at the opponent, dealing damage, if the opponent is poisoned, double the damage
Giga Drain: Drains energy from the opponent, dealing damage and healing self
Leech Seed: Marks opponent with seeded, which drains energy from the opponent, dealing continuous chip damage, heals the nearest ally to that pokemon, the seeded effect wears off the next time the pokemon affected heals
Toxic: Badly Poisons the opponent, dealing constant damage that goes up over time
Poisonous Scent: Spreads a Poisonous Scent within an AoE, badly poisoning all opponents within it, protects all allies from poison during the duration

I really need to think of ways to make both moves reliable so that different choices can be made for a certain Pokemon

Yes, I know that there are Pokemon in Unite that never use a move in its kit ever, cough Gardevoir cough, but I still want to make these Pokemon have different ways of playing

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Mamoswine is out, but I haven't played them yet (I did buy them though). Reddit consensus seems to be certain moves have too much wind-up animation wise and so are clunky to use, but it is incredible at displacement and being a tank more so than a bruiser so will probably take some adjustment. It's not too overpowered either unlike Blissey or Blastoise, which is a positive! A good Pokemon to have in a group you can communicate with, rather than solo queue.

It wouldn't exactly be that overpowered if all it is vision of the enemies on the map, maybe also add that they can't see enemies in their zone
I mean at least in more competitive play vision over the whole map is an incredibly useful skill to have. Even assuming it ignores bushes and just focuses on the lanes themselves knowing which lane each opponent is heading to is pretty damn strong, which is why I'd say having it on a move would be better.

Anyway, I do like your Scizor and Roserade ideas! I would do Scizor differently (see below) but Roserade is pretty solid! I think having a Poison-based composition could work really well since Gengar also benefits from it via Hex, and both it and Venusaur can distribute it via Sludge Bomb. I will also explore this idea in another Pokemon idea, since you've got me inspired! I hope you keep coming up with other awesome ideas, and that others participate as well (since not a lot else is going on right now).

Scizor: Melee All-Rounder - Intermediate Difficulty
Evolves from Scyther at Level 4
  • Ability: Technician - your Special Moves increase the damage of your next basic attack (could also be just for the boosted basic attack, but the goal was to boost the damage of the "small" attacks like Technician does normally)
  • Basic Attack: Becomes a boosted attack after every third attack, dealing damage to opposing Pokemon and increasing Scizor's movement speed for x-seconds (I'm thinking either 0.5 or 1 second, depending on how OP that could be)
  • Special 1: Quick Attack - Scyther/Scizor dashes forward, dealing damage to enemy Pokemon in its path and knocking them back slightly (less push-back than Lucario's Meteor Mash, and not quite as lengthy as Lucario's Quick Attack). Upgrades at Level 4 into:
    • Bullet Punch - Scizor lunges forward and strikes the enemy Pokemon, increasing Scizor's Defense when it hits for x seconds (a simple dash + damage, with some Defense boost to give Scizor some staying power) Upgrades at Level 11 - leaves the target unable to act for x seconds (a really low amount, like 0.25 or 0.5 seconds)
    • U-Turn - Scizor strikes the enemy Pokemon and leaps backwards (no other effects, just a good chunk of damage and the ability to move backwards out of harms way). Upgrades at Level 11 - lowers the enemy Pokemon's movement speed for x seconds.
  • Special 2: Focus Energy - Scyther/Scizor focuses its power, increasing its critical-hit rate for x seconds. Upgrades at Level 6 into:
    • Swords Dance - Scizor sharpens its blades and prepares to attack, increasing the damage of its next Bullet Punch or U-Turn. Upgrades at Level 13 - also increases basic-attack speed for x seconds (maybe 2-3 seconds)
    • Night Slash - Scizor strikes the enemy Pokemon with evil-infused claws, increasing its critical-hit rate for x seconds. Upgrades at Level 13 - for 3 seconds after this move successfully hits, any shields on the enemy Pokemon are less effective against Scizor's auto attacks (don't want to completely destroy shields, but they're a menace so Scizor providing some support against them would be cool)
  • Unite Move: Titanium Swing - Scizor swings in a wide arc around itself, grabbing the first enemy player Pokemon caught in the swing, and flinging it in the targeted direction. Any other player Pokemon caught in the arc are shoved backwards and are unable to act for 0.5 seconds.
I actually can't think of another Pokemon right now, but I have an idea for a supporter-type Poison Pokemon who specialises in moves like Toxic Spikes and stuff to buff allies/hinder enemies - Toxapex maybe! Will post that tomorrow I think.

Mamoswine is out, but I haven't played them yet (I did buy them though). Reddit consensus seems to be certain moves have too much wind-up animation wise and so are clunky to use, but it is incredible at displacement and being a tank more so than a bruiser so will probably take some adjustment. It's not too overpowered either unlike Blissey or Blastoise, which is a positive! A good Pokemon to have in a group you can communicate with, rather than solo queue.

I mean at least in more competitive play vision over the whole map is an incredibly useful skill to have. Even assuming it ignores bushes and just focuses on the lanes themselves knowing which lane each opponent is heading to is pretty damn strong, which is why I'd say having it on a move would be better.

Anyway, I do like your Scizor and Roserade ideas! I would do Scizor differently (see below) but Roserade is pretty solid! I think having a Poison-based composition could work really well since Gengar also benefits from it via Hex, and both it and Venusaur can distribute it via Sludge Bomb. I will also explore this idea in another Pokemon idea, since you've got me inspired! I hope you keep coming up with other awesome ideas, and that others participate as well (since not a lot else is going on right now).

Scizor: Melee All-Rounder - Intermediate Difficulty
Evolves from Scyther at Level 4
  • Ability: Technician - your Special Moves increase the damage of your next basic attack (could also be just for the boosted basic attack, but the goal was to boost the damage of the "small" attacks like Technician does normally)
  • Basic Attack: Becomes a boosted attack after every third attack, dealing damage to opposing Pokemon and increasing Scizor's movement speed for x-seconds (I'm thinking either 0.5 or 1 second, depending on how OP that could be)
  • Special 1: Quick Attack- Scyther/Scizor dashes forward, dealing damage to enemy Pokemon in its path and knocking them back slightly (less push-back than Lucario's Meteor Mash, and not quite as lengthy as Lucario's Quick Attack). Upgrades at Level 4 into:
    • Bullet Punch - Scizor lunges forward and strikes the enemy Pokemon, increasing Scizor's Defense when it hits for x seconds (a simple dash + damage, with some Defense boost to give Scizor some staying power) Upgrades at Level 11 - leaves the target unable to act for x seconds (a really low amount, like 0.25 or 0.5 seconds)
    • U-Turn - Scizor strikes the enemy Pokemon and leaps backwards (no other effects, just a good chunk of damage and the ability to move backwards out of harms way). Upgrades at Level 11 - lowers the enemy Pokemon's movement speed for x seconds.
  • Special 2: Focus Energy- Scyther/Scizor focuses its power, increasing its critical-hit rate for x seconds. Upgrades at Level 6 into:
    • Swords Dance - Scizor sharpens its blades and prepares to attack, increasing the damage of its next Bullet Punch or U-Turn. Upgrades at Level 13 - also increases basic-attack speed for x seconds (maybe 2-3 seconds)
    • Night Slash - Scizor strikes the enemy Pokemon with evil-infused claws, increasing its critical-hit rate for x seconds. Upgrades at Level 13 - for 3 seconds after this move successfully hits, any shields on the enemy Pokemon are less effective against Scizor's auto attacks (don't want to completely destroy shields, but they're a menace so Scizor providing some support against them would be cool)
  • Unite Move: Titanium Swing - Scizor swings in a wide arc around itself, grabbing the first enemy player Pokemon caught in the swing, and flinging it in the targeted direction. Any other player Pokemon caught in the arc are shoved backwards and are unable to act for 0.5 seconds.
I actually can't think of another Pokemon right now, but I have an idea for a supporter-type Poison Pokemon who specialises in moves like Toxic Spikes and stuff to buff allies/hinder enemies - Toxapex maybe! Will post that tomorrow I think.
Nice idea for Scizor, might take a few ideas to make the Scizor I made maybe a bit better

Also, Toxapex would probably be more of a defender over a supporter

But for now, I have 2 new Pokemon to showcase (I'll even explain everything as well)

Zoroark, Expert, Melee, Speedster, Physical Attacker: Evolves at Lv 4
Special 1 Moves: Fury Swipes -> (Upon Evolution) Night Slash or Foul Play
Special 2 Moves: Scary Face -> (At Lv 6) Knock Off or U-Turn
Ability: Illusion, Unite Move: Darkness Slash

Aegislash, Expert, Melee, Defender, Physical Attacker: Evolves at Lv 5 and then 7
Special 1 Moves: Shadow Sneak -> (Upon Evolving into Doublade) Iron Head or Sacred Sword
Special 2 Moves: Autotomize -> (Upon Evolving into Aegislash) King's Shield or Swords Dance
Ability: Stance Change, Unite Move: Dueling Slice

Fury Swipes:
Scary Face: Decreases Movement Speed of all nearby opponents
Night Slash: (Taken from Absol's page) "Slashes in an outward arc, lowering the movement speed of opposing Pokémon for a short time when it hits. If used again, increases the user's critical-hit rate and has the user dash to the designated location, dealing damage to opposing Pokémon they come in contact with"
Foul Play: Circle Throws opponent, using their power against them, damage depends on the opponent's role (From most to least: Attacker, Speedster, All-Rounder, Defender, Supporter)
Knock Off: Slaps the opponent, making them unable to use their item for a short time
U-Turn: Slams into the opponent, switching Zoroark with the nearest teammate
Illusion: Disguises into a teammate's Pokemon, swapping Zoroark's Special 2 moves for the Pokemon's Special 2 Moves and Ability, disguise wears off below half HP (Disguise into nearest teammate's pokemon when using Special 2 above half HP)
Darkness Slash: Charges into the opponent, kicks them into the air, and starts continuously slashing away, dealing massive damage

Shadow Sneak: Attacks the opponent through a shadow, dealing damage, has a long range
Autotomize: Increases Movement Speed for a short time
Iron Head: Uses head to slam into the opponent, dealing damage, may cause flinch
Sacred Sword: User slashes opponent with its sword, dealing damage, ignores all stat changes of the opponent
King's Shield: Puts up a shield for a short time, all pokemon who hit it get decreased attack
Swords Dance: Increases Attack for a short time
Stance Change: When using Special 1 move, switch into attack form, decreasing your defense and SpD but increasing your attack and speed, When using Special 2 move, switch into defense form, increasing defense and SpD but decreases attack and speed
Dueling Slice: Slams its sword into the enemy, barraging the opponent with slashes, dealing massive damage

I'd like a bit of advice on how I should make these moves better or less overpowered, I do care about balance
I still have 13 more pokemon ideas to share, if you want, I can even share a sneak peek on the next 3 pokemon I'll share
Dragonite: Multiscale, Intermediate, All-Rounder
Ferrothorn: Iron Barbs, Expert, Defender
Sceptile: Overgrow, Novice, Speedster

Last edited:

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Oh boy, I played three games today and I'm tilted already! Ranked mode is bugged at the moment apparently, people are somehow able to manipulate wins out of doing nothing? So I stuck to standard mode, tried out Mamoswine and lost twice to people being complete idiots. Second game I just had to stop playing after watching a Garchomp, Greninja and Pikachu all stay top lane all game and not contribute towards any objectives or scoring much of anything. Machamp had to solo the bottom lane and I (as Mamoswine) had to go in the jungle. Was a close game until Zapdos where nobody helped and I couldn't steal it so we lost. Very annoying.

I can't really give a proper opinion on Mamoswine after two lost games, but what I can say is... he's underwhelming. Not an awful lot of damage, not super tanky like Snorlax or even Blastoise was and High Horsepower is a little bit annoying to use with the delay. He's decently balanced essentially! I've yet to try Ice Fang or Earthquake so maybe they're better overall but I feel like that level of displacement needs good communication to take advantage of - maybe I need to find some folks to chat to on comms and push for a higher ranking and I'll become a Mamoswine main! But yeah he's alright, nothing too outstanding. I lost 5 games in a row as Blastoise when it first came out so I'm hoping Mamo is the same and once I use it in ranked with some experience my win-rate goes up.

Nice idea for Scizor, might take a few ideas to make the Scizor I made maybe a bit better

Also, Toxapex would probably be more of a defender over a supporter
Thank you, I'm glad you like my Scizor idea! I'm sure there's a middle-ground between our ideas that would work best, or a completely different idea that surprises us all! As for Toxapex's role... I dunno, for what I have in mind the Supporter role works fine. If we based it on in-game bits Machamp would be an Attacker, Sylveon a Supporter and Greninja a Speedster and they're not those roles, so it'll be fine. Love your Aegislash and Zoroark ideas and am very excited to see your Dragonite idea! Think they'd all work really well although there are a few things I'd do differently out of personal preference, but that's just me and if your ideas got implemented I'd be buying them in a heartbeat!

Anyway, here's Toxapex:

748.png
Toxapex - Ranged Supporter, Expert Difficulty
Evolves from Mareanie at Level 4

• Ability: Merciless - Toxapex and its allies have an increased critical-hit rate when attacking opposing Pokemon that are afflicted with poison
  • Basic Attack - becomes a boosted attack with every third attack, dealing increased damage and slowing opposing Pokemon that are afflicted with poison
  • Special 1: Poison Sting- Mareanie spits out a poisoned barb, dealing damage to opposing Pokemon and poisoning them when it hits. Upgrades at Level 4 into:
    • Baneful Bunker - Toxapex bunkers down and gains a shield. When Toxapex is struck by a melee attack whilst the shield is active the opposing Pokemon takes some damage and is poisoned. Upgrades at Level 11 - Toxapex's Defense and Special Defense are increased whilst the shield is active.
    • Toxic Spikes - Toxapex flings poisonous spikes at the target location. Enemy Pokemon who walk into this location are poisoned and have their movement speed decreased for a short time. A maximum of two uses can be kept in reserve for this move. Upgrades at Level 11 - Toxapex gains an additional use of this move (up to three uses).
  • Special 2: Spike Cannon- Mareanie/Toxapex hurls three sharp spikes at the designated location, dealing damage to opposing Pokemon in the area of effect and decreasing their movement speed for a short time. Each spike deals more damage than the last. Upgrades at Level 6 into:
    • Venoshock - Mareanie/Toxapex drenches the targeted Pokemon in poisonous liquid, dealing damage. If the targeted Pokemon is afflicted with poison this move deals increased damage and increases the duration of the targeted Pokemon being afflicted by poison. Upgrades at Level 13 - when hit by this move targeted Pokemon who are afflicted by poison take increased ticks of poison damage.
    • Venom Drench - Mareanie/Toxapex drenches the targeted Pokemon in poisonous liquid, reducing their Attack and Special Attack for a short time. If the targeted Pokemon is afflicted by poison this move deals a small amount of damage and Toxapex's HP is restored whenever the targeted Pokemon takes damage from poison. Upgrades at Level 13 - Toxapex restores more HP when a poisoned target takes damage from poison.
  • Unite: Contagion Surge - Toxapex sends a surging wave of toxic water in the designated location, pushing enemy Pokemon backwards and afflicting them with the badly poisoned condition which deals increased damage over time. Ally Pokemon caught in the wave are granted immunity to hinderances for a short time.
Is this OP as ****? Probably. At the very least necessitates the use of Full Heal so the numbers would need to be tweaked to ensure balance, but I'm just the guy who thought of the idea. I do like the idea of a poison-themed composition though, a bit like how in Heroes of the Storm Abathur would change up what sort of team composition you'd want since it functions so differently to other heroes. Venusaur and Gengar appreciate the spread of Poison, Absol likes increased crit-rate and I'm sure other Pokemon could be added who also benefit. Toxapex also functions on its own as a Supporter a bit like Mr. Mime and Wigglytuff do - not so much healing the team but providing debuffs/buffs and not dying very easily.

Oh boy, I played three games today and I'm tilted already! Ranked mode is bugged at the moment apparently, people are somehow able to manipulate wins out of doing nothing? So I stuck to standard mode, tried out Mamoswine and lost twice to people being complete idiots. Second game I just had to stop playing after watching a Garchomp, Greninja and Pikachu all stay top lane all game and not contribute towards any objectives or scoring much of anything. Machamp had to solo the bottom lane and I (as Mamoswine) had to go in the jungle. Was a close game until Zapdos where nobody helped and I couldn't steal it so we lost. Very annoying.

I can't really give a proper opinion on Mamoswine after two lost games, but what I can say is... he's underwhelming. Not an awful lot of damage, not super tanky like Snorlax or even Blastoise was and High Horsepower is a little bit annoying to use with the delay. He's decently balanced essentially! I've yet to try Ice Fang or Earthquake so maybe they're better overall but I feel like that level of displacement needs good communication to take advantage of - maybe I need to find some folks to chat to on comms and push for a higher ranking and I'll become a Mamoswine main! But yeah he's alright, nothing too outstanding. I lost 5 games in a row as Blastoise when it first came out so I'm hoping Mamo is the same and once I use it in ranked with some experience my win-rate goes up.

Thank you, I'm glad you like my Scizor idea! I'm sure there's a middle-ground between our ideas that would work best, or a completely different idea that surprises us all! As for Toxapex's role... I dunno, for what I have in mind the Supporter role works fine. If we based it on in-game bits Machamp would be an Attacker, Sylveon a Supporter and Greninja a Speedster and they're not those roles, so it'll be fine. Love your Aegislash and Zoroark ideas and am very excited to see your Dragonite idea! Think they'd all work really well although there are a few things I'd do differently out of personal preference, but that's just me and if your ideas got implemented I'd be buying them in a heartbeat!

Anyway, here's Toxapex:

748.png
Toxapex - Ranged Supporter, Expert Difficulty
Evolves from Mareanie at Level 4

• Ability: Merciless - Toxapex and its allies have an increased critical-hit rate when attacking opposing Pokemon that are afflicted with poison
  • Basic Attack - becomes a boosted attack with every third attack, dealing increased damage and slowing opposing Pokemon that are afflicted with poison
  • Special 1: Poison Sting- Mareanie spits out a poisoned barb, dealing damage to opposing Pokemon and poisoning them when it hits. Upgrades at Level 4 into:
    • Baneful Bunker - Toxapex bunkers down and gains a shield. When Toxapex is struck by a melee attack whilst the shield is active the opposing Pokemon takes some damage and is poisoned. Upgrades at Level 11 - Toxapex's Defense and Special Defense are increased whilst the shield is active.
    • Toxic Spikes - Toxapex flings poisonous spikes at the target location. Enemy Pokemon who walk into this location are poisoned and have their movement speed decreased for a short time. A maximum of two uses can be kept in reserve for this move. Upgrades at Level 11 - Toxapex gains an additional use of this move (up to three uses).
  • Special 2: Spike Cannon- Mareanie/Toxapex hurls three sharp spikes at the designated location, dealing damage to opposing Pokemon in the area of effect and decreasing their movement speed for a short time. Each spike deals more damage than the last. Upgrades at Level 6 into:
    • Venoshock - Mareanie/Toxapex drenches the targeted Pokemon in poisonous liquid, dealing damage. If the targeted Pokemon is afflicted with poison this move deals increased damage and increases the duration of the targeted Pokemon being afflicted by poison. Upgrades at Level 13 - when hit by this move targeted Pokemon who are afflicted by poison take increased ticks of poison damage.
    • Venom Drench - Mareanie/Toxapex drenches the targeted Pokemon in poisonous liquid, reducing their Attack and Special Attack for a short time. If the targeted Pokemon is afflicted by poison this move deals a small amount of damage and Toxapex's HP is restored whenever the targeted Pokemon takes damage from poison. Upgrades at Level 13 - Toxapex restores more HP when a poisoned target takes damage from poison.
  • Unite: Contagion Surge - Toxapex sends a surging wave of toxic water in the designated location, pushing enemy Pokemon backwards and afflicting them with the badly poisoned condition which deals increased damage over time. Ally Pokemon caught in the wave are granted immunity to hinderances for a short time.
Is this OP as ****? Probably. At the very least necessitates the use of Full Heal so the numbers would need to be tweaked to ensure balance, but I'm just the guy who thought of the idea. I do like the idea of a poison-themed composition though, a bit like how in Heroes of the Storm Abathur would change up what sort of team composition you'd want since it functions so differently to other heroes. Venusaur and Gengar appreciate the spread of Poison, Absol likes increased crit-rate and I'm sure other Pokemon could be added who also benefit. Toxapex also functions on its own as a Supporter a bit like Mr. Mime and Wigglytuff do - not so much healing the team but providing debuffs/buffs and not dying very easily.
Honestly, is there anything really called "OP" in Unite when Blastoise, Venusaur, Zeraora, and Gardevoir exist?

But anyway, as for Dragonite, Sceptile, Ferrothorn:

Dragonite, Intermediate, Melee, All-Rounder, Physical Attacker: Evolves at Lv 6 and then 10
Special 1 Moves: Dragon Tail -> (Upon Evolving into Dragonair) Outrage or Aqua Tail
Special 2 Moves: Slam -> (At Lv 8) Dragon Dance or Hyper Beam
Ability: Multiscale, Unite Move: Punching Outrage

Sceptile, Novice, Melee, Speedster, Special Attacker: Evolves at Lv 5 and then 7
Special 1 Moves: Bullet Seed -> (Upon Evolving into Grovyle) Giga Drain or Dragon Breath
Special 2 Moves: Quick Attack -> (Upon Evolving into Sceptile) Leaf Storm or Detect
Ability: Overgrow, Unite Move: Plant Crash

Ferrothorn, Expert, Melee, Defender, Physical Attacker: Evolves at Lv 4
Special 1 Moves: Pin Missile -> (Upon Evolution) Power Whip or Gyro Ball
Special 2 Moves: Iron Defense -> (At Lv 6) Leech Seed or Curse
Ability: Iron Barbs, Unite Move: Whipping Surge

Dragon Tail: Hits opponent using tail, dealing damage, knocks back the opponent
Slam: Slams tail into the opponent, dealing damage
Outrage: Goes on a rampage, dealing lots of damage, Dragonair/Dragonite can't be controlled by the player during the duration, goes towards the nearest opponent on its own during the duration, after the duration, Dragonair/Dragonite becomes confused, making them semi-controllable
Aqua Tail: Hits opponent with its tail, dealing damage
Dragon Dance: Increases Attack and Speed during a short time
Hyper Beam: Shoots a large beam of light in front, dealing massive damage, decreases Dragonair/Dragonite's speed for a short time after use, and makes them unable to attack for a short time after use
Multiscale: Increases Defense and SpD when above 50% HP
Punching Outrage: Starts throwing a barrage of punches in front, dealing massive damage

Bullet Seed: Shoots seeds at the opponent, dealing damage, the amount of seeds shot is randomly between 2 and 5
Quick Attack: Slams into the opponent with quick speed, dealing damage, has a large range
Giga Drain: Drains energy from the opponent, dealing damage, Grovyle/Sceptile heals a bit of damage
Dragon Breath: Breaths purple dragon breath at the opponent, dealing damage, paralyzes the target
Leaf Storm: Creates a leaf tornado that is tossed at the opponent, dealing lots of AoE damage, decreases Sceptile's SpA for a short time
Detect: Next time when this pokemon is about to be hit, move to the side, avoiding the damage
Overgrow: When at half HP or less, increase Speed and SpA
Plant Crash: Slams into the ground, creating a sort of plant shield around Sceptile, dealing damage to anyone who gets hit by the plants

Pin Missile: Shoots small missiles at the opponent, dealing damage, the amount of missiles is randomly between 2 and 5
Iron Defense: Increases Defense for a short time
Power Whip: Slaps opponent with its legs, dealing a lot of damage
Gyro Ball: Rolls around for a short time, dealing damage to any pokemon who Ferrothorn hit depending on the opponent's speed, the more speed, the more damage, can be used as faster movement
Leech Seed: Marks opponent with seeded, which drains energy from the opponent, dealing continuous chip damage, heals the nearest ally to that pokemon, the seeded effect wears off the next time the pokemon affected heals
Curse: Increases Attack and Defense and decreases Movement Speed for a short time
Iron Barbs: When dealt Melee damage, deal a portion of it back, increase Defense when lower than half HP
Whipping Surge: Slaps opponents in all diagonals of this pokemon with its legs, dealing massive damage

I think Dragonite and Ferrothorn might be a bit broken even with the existence of Gardevoir and Zeraora due to their very strong attacks and defense
Also, I'm thinking of making more Pokemon ideas even though I still have 10 more to share
and also, a sneak peek to what I'll share next:
Tyranitar: Sand Stream, Intermediate, All-Rounder
Metagross: Clear Body, Intermediate, All-Rounder

Last edited:

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Are Gardevoir and Zeraora overpowered? I know Zeraora is a menace at every rank but Gardevoir just takes too long to get going. Level 6 and Level 10 evolution on something so frail and easy to dive on is not a good combo, even if Gardevoir is a late-game destroyer thanks to a solid Unite move and super strong attacks. Garchomp suffers a similar fate, only reason Mamoswine isn't struggling as much is because Swinub's moveset before it evolves is actually really good and it seems to be a lot sturdier early on. But I'd need to play more Mamoswine to figure that out, so will head to ranked mode later and see (since you can apparently clear your cache and the ranked bug goes away?)

Dragonite, Intermediate, Melee, All-Rounder, Physical Attacker: Evolves at Lv 6 and then 10
Special 1 Moves: Dragon Tail -> (Upon Evolving into Dragonair) Outrage or Aqua Tail
Special 2 Moves: Slam -> (At Lv 8) Dragon Dance or Hyper Beam
Ability: Multiscale, Unite Move: Punching Outrage

Sceptile, Novice, Melee, Speedster, Special Attacker: Evolves at Lv 5 and then 7
Special 1 Moves: Bullet Seed -> (Upon Evolving into Grovyle) Giga Drain or Dragon Breath
Special 2 Moves: Quick Attack -> (Upon Evolving into Sceptile) Leaf Storm or Detect
Ability: Overgrow, Unite Move: Plant Crash

Ferrothorn, Expert, Melee, Defender, Physical Attacker: Evolves at Lv 4
Special 1 Moves: Pin Missile -> (Upon Evolution) Power Whip or Gyro Ball
Special 2 Moves: Iron Defense -> (At Lv 6) Leech Seed or Curse
Ability: Iron Barbs, Unite Move: Whipping Surge
None of these movesets strike me as overpowered, although I suppose that would be determined by numbers and that's not what we're focusing on! I think they're all pretty cool personally, with Dragonite probably being my favourite of the three? It just feels like what you'd expect Dragonite to do, it's fantastic. Sceptile is also pretty cool, although as a Speedster I'm not too sure why Detect is needed? I'd maybe go all-in on the attacking route and run a different move there, but that's just me. Ferrothorn looks incredible too with the synergy between Curse and Gyro Ball, Iron Barbs feels like it would work like Garchomp's Rough Skin too so an anti-Wild Charge Zeraora tool is pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing more pseudo legendaries, Tyranitar has me excited for sure!

May as well do my own line-up of Pokemon I'll create Unite ideas for in my next few posts, so here they are:
149.png
214.png
248.png
609.png
809.png

Are Gardevoir and Zeraora overpowered? I know Zeraora is a menace at every rank but Gardevoir just takes too long to get going. Level 6 and Level 10 evolution on something so frail and easy to dive on is not a good combo, even if Gardevoir is a late-game destroyer thanks to a solid Unite move and super strong attacks. Garchomp suffers a similar fate, only reason Mamoswine isn't struggling as much is because Swinub's moveset before it evolves is actually really good and it seems to be a lot sturdier early on. But I'd need to play more Mamoswine to figure that out, so will head to ranked mode later and see (since you can apparently clear your cache and the ranked bug goes away?)

None of these movesets strike me as overpowered, although I suppose that would be determined by numbers and that's not what we're focusing on! I think they're all pretty cool personally, with Dragonite probably being my favourite of the three? It just feels like what you'd expect Dragonite to do, it's fantastic. Sceptile is also pretty cool, although as a Speedster I'm not too sure why Detect is needed? I'd maybe go all-in on the attacking route and run a different move there, but that's just me. Ferrothorn looks incredible too with the synergy between Curse and Gyro Ball, Iron Barbs feels like it would work like Garchomp's Rough Skin too so an anti-Wild Charge Zeraora tool is pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing more pseudo legendaries, Tyranitar has me excited for sure!

May as well do my own line-up of Pokemon I'll create Unite ideas for in my next few posts, so here they are:
149.png
214.png
248.png
609.png
809.png
Well, that is just my opinion on if they're OP or not, I guess I did not think of how long it takes for Garchomp and Gardevoir to get their strength, so...

But either way, here are my ideas for Tyranitar and Metagross:

Tyranitar, Intermediate, Melee, All-Rounder, Physical Attacker: Evolves at Lv 6 and then 10
Special 1 Moves: Rock Throw -> (Upon Evolving into Pupitar) Earthquake or Rock Slide
Special 2 Moves: Iron Defense -> (At Lv 8) Stone Edge or Dark Pulse
Ability: Sand Stream, Unite Move: Stone Quake

Metagross, Intermediate, Melee, All-Rounder, Physical Attacker: Evolves at Lv 6 and then 10
Special 1 Moves: Tackle -> (Upon Evolving into Metang) Meteor Mash or Bullet Punch
Special 2 Moves: Iron Defense -> (At Lv 8) Zen Headbutt or Psychic
Ability: Clear Body, Unite Move: Chromium Mash

Rock Throw: Tosses a rock at the opponent, dealing damage
Iron Defense: Increase Defense for a short time
Earthquake: (Taken from Mamoswine's page) "Has the user leap up in the designated direction and then land forcefully, dealing damage to opposing Pokémon in the area of effect and pulling them toward the user"
Rock Slide: (Taken from Crustle's page) "Drops large rocks on the designated area. When this move hits, it deals damage to opposing Pokémon in the area of effect and leaves them unable to act for a short time"
Stone Edge: Slams foot onto the ground, summoning Stones going in a straight line, dealing damage within its path
Dark Pulse: Shoots a pulse of dark energy out of its mouth, dealing damage
Sand Stream: Creates sand that hits all opponents near Tyranitar, increases Tyranitar's SpD, some pokemon are unaffected by this ability's damage (Pokemon Immune: Garchomp, Lucario, Mamoswine, Crustle, Scizor, Tyranitar, Metagross, Ferrothorn, and Aegislash)
Stone Quake: Tyranitar uses Stone Edge and Earthquake at the same time, dealing massive damage to opponents within the AoE

Tackle: (Also taken from Mamoswine's page) "Has the user rush recklessly in the designated direction, dealing damage to opposing Pokémon it hits and throwing them"
Iron Defense: Increase Defense for a short time
Meteor Mash: Uses its arm to punch the opponent, dealing damage, may increase Attack for a short time
Bullet Punch: Punches opponent, dealing damage, has a long-range
Zen Headbutt: Headbutts the opponent, dealing damage, flinches the opponent
Psychic: (Taken from Gardevoir's page) After hitting an opposing Pokémon or traveling its maximum distance, creates a circle that deals damage to opposing Pokémon in the area of effect, decreasing their movement speed for a short time
Clear Body: Immune to status reduction effects
Chromium Mash: Slams into the opponent, dealing massive damage, increases Defense, increases Attack of all Melee attacks

Is Metagross's Unite Move and Ability too powerful? (Clear Body will also affect Movement Speed)
Also, Detect is to increase Sceptile's Speed potential, sometimes even speedsters get trapped, think of it like Talonflame's Fly
Also, Gyro Ball has no effect with Ferrothorn's Speed, only the opponent's speed
Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with for Chandelure
I'm also in the middle of creating 5 new Pokemon to go along with the 12 I've already shared and the 8 I still need to share, these are the 8 Pokemon I still need to share, you can pick 3 you'd like to see if you want, otherwise, I'll choose randomly:

The one's I've already created:
257.png
398.png
405.png
462.png
727.png
778.png
849.png
887.png

The one's I'm creating:
302.png
303.png
488.png
701.png
844.png

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Well, that is just my opinion on if they're OP or not, I guess I did not think of how long it takes for Garchomp and Gardevoir to get their strength, so...
That's fair enough, I think sometimes the game is like that! When an Eldegoss or Lucario is on the enemy team I think they're OP as hell, but on my team? Useless, even more so if I'm playing them! Had to do my 10 Supporter games on Mr. Mime (and I don't even own Mr. Mime!) but that's fine because they're surprisingly strong with Confusion + any sort of wall. Just got the All-Rounder matches left to do, will whip out the Machamp tonight I think. Did some more games on Mamoswine too, I am a fan of Ice Fang and Earthquake! Won my last 3 games with it in ranked mode despite iffy teammates so throwing the enemy about + reasonable AoE damage is my jam.

Metagross and Tyranitar look fantastic, Sand Stream seems like an interesting ability although I'd probably do something different with it. Feels like it'll be a tanky but powerful Pokemon with both ranged and melee options, which is excellent. Metagross looks fine balance-wise, maybe Clear Body can go on cooldown after it blocks a stat-reducing effect? Bit like Wigglytuff's Cute Charm ability! I like how you reworked Beldum a bit (since it normally only has Take Down as an available move until you get Metang) so that's great. I'm interested in seeing your takes on Toxtricity and Dragapult! I considered doing both myself but will probably hold off for now.

Anywho, since you were interested in seeing Chandelure, here it is!

609.png
Chandelure - Ranged Attacker, Expert Difficulty
Evolution:
607.png
(Level 5) -->
608.png
(Level 9) -->
609.png

• Ability: Flame Body - when Chandelure is hit by an opposing Pokemon's attack at close range, it burns that opposing Pokemon and Chandelure's movement speed increases for a short time. The effects of this ability have a cooldown and cannot trigger on the same Pokemon in quick succession.
  • Basic Attack - becomes a boosted attack with every third attack, dealing more damage the lower the opposing Pokemon's remaining HP is.
  • Special 1: Night Shade- the user shoots a spectral mirage forward, dealing damage and lowering the movement speed of any enemy Pokemon it comes into contact with. Upgrades at Level 5 into:
    • Shadow Ball - shoots forward a shadow-infused orb forward, dealing damage to any opposing Pokemon that it hits. If the enemy Pokemon is burned when this attack successfully hits, it refreshes the burn special effect. Upgrades at Level 11 - also lowers the Special Defense of enemy Pokemon the move makes contact with.
    • Psychic - Makes opposing Pokemon float with psychic power for a short time before slamming them into the ground, dealing damage and lowering their Special Defense for a short time. Upgrades at Level 11 - increases the move's firing range.
  • Special 2: Fire Spin - the user encircles the opposing Pokemon in a wall of flames, burning the target and leaving them unable to act for a short time when the move hits. Upgrades at Level 7 into:
    • Will-o-Wisp - the user shoots three spectral orbs of fire at the target, each flame dealing damage and burning the target. If all three flames connect the enemy Pokemon has their movement speed reduced and Chandelure's Special Attack increases for a short time. Upgrades at Level 12 - increases the Special Attack increase Chandelure receives if all three flames hit the enemy Pokemon.
    • Inferno - Releases a huge updraft of flames at the designated location, dealing massive damage and burning the enemy Pokemon struck by the attack. If the enemy Pokemon is already burned this move consumes the burn to deal extra damage. Upgrades at Level 13 - this move deals increased damage to opposing Pokemon with low HP.
  • Unite: Phantasmal Flames - Chandelure releases a huge burst of flames forward, dealing damage and burning the ground as well as enemy Pokemon caught by the flames. Walking on the flames left behind will refresh the burn special effect and reduce the cooldown of Chandelure's Will-o-Wisp or Inferno attacks.
It's hard to not make the Pokemon overpowered, but as I've said before I'm more concerned about flavour and not so much the balance behind things. Numbers can be tuned to make a Pokemon not OP if need be. Think I might work on Dragonite or Melmetal next, since neither are Pokemon who use special conditions like Toxapex and Chandelure have! I'm happy with what I've made here though - Chandelure would be the second Ghost type to be added and the first non-starter Fire type so I wanted its moves to reflect the ghostly side of fire? Hope you like it!

Last edited:
That's fair enough, I think sometimes the game is like that! When an Eldegoss or Lucario is on the enemy team I think they're OP as hell, but on my team? Useless, even more so if I'm playing them! Had to do my 10 Supporter games on Mr. Mime (and I don't even own Mr. Mime!) but that's fine because they're surprisingly strong with Confusion + any sort of wall. Just got the All-Rounder matches left to do, will whip out the Machamp tonight I think. Did some more games on Mamoswine too, I am a fan of Ice Fang and Earthquake! Won my last 3 games with it in ranked mode despite iffy teammates so throwing the enemy about + reasonable AoE damage is my jam.

Metagross and Tyranitar look fantastic, Sand Stream seems like an interesting ability although I'd probably do something different with it. Feels like it'll be a tanky but powerful Pokemon with both ranged and melee options, which is excellent. Metagross looks fine balance-wise, maybe Clear Body can go on cooldown after it blocks a stat-reducing effect? Bit like Wigglytuff's Cute Charm ability! I like how you reworked Beldum a bit (since it normally only has Take Down as an available move until you get Metang) so that's great. I'm interested in seeing your takes on Toxtricity and Dragapult! I considered doing both myself but will probably hold off for now.

Anywho, since you were interested in seeing Chandelure, here it is!

609.png
Chandelure - Ranged Attacker, Expert Difficulty
Evolution:
607.png
(Level 5) -->
608.png
(Level 9) -->
609.png

• Ability: Flame Body - when Chandelure is hit by an opposing Pokemon's attack at close range, it burns that opposing Pokemon and Chandelure's movement speed increases for a short time. The effects of this ability have a cooldown and cannot trigger on the same Pokemon in quick succession.
  • Basic Attack - becomes a boosted attack with every third attack, dealing more damage the lower the opposing Pokemon's remaining HP is.
  • Special 1: Night Shade - the user shoots a spectral mirage forward, dealing damage and lowering the movement speed of any enemy Pokemon it comes into contact with. Upgrades at Level 5 into:
    • Shadow Ball - shoots forward a shadow-infused orb forward, dealing damage to any opposing Pokemon that it hits. If the enemy Pokemon is burned when this attack successfully hits, it refreshes the burn special effect. Upgrades at Level 11 - also lowers the Special Defense of enemy Pokemon the move makes contact with.
    • Psychic - Makes opposing Pokemon float with psychic power for a short time before slamming them into the ground, dealing damage and lowering their Special Defense for a short time. Upgrades at Level 11 - increases the move's firing range.
  • Special 2: Fire Spin - the user encircles the opposing Pokemon in a wall of flames, burning the target and leaving them unable to act for a short time when the move hits. Upgrades at Level 7 into:
    • Will-o-Wisp - the user shoots three spectral orbs of fire at the target, each flame dealing damage and burning the target. If all three flames connect the enemy Pokemon has their movement speed reduced and Chandelure's Special Attack increases for a short time. Upgrades at Level 12 - increases the Special Attack increase Chandelure receives if all three flames hit the enemy Pokemon.
    • Inferno - Releases a huge updraft of flames at the designated location, dealing massive damage and burning the enemy Pokemon struck by the attack. If the enemy Pokemon is already burned this move consumes the burn to deal extra damage. Upgrades at Level 13 - this move deals increased damage to opposing Pokemon with low HP.
  • Unite: Phantasmal Flames - Chandelure releases a huge burst of flames forward, dealing damage and burning the ground as well as enemy Pokemon caught by the flames. Walking on the flames left behind will refresh the burn special effect and reduce the cooldown of Chandelure's Will-o-Wisp or Inferno attacks.
It's hard to not make the Pokemon overpowered, but as I've said before I'm more concerned about flavour and not so much the balance behind things. Numbers can be tuned to make a Pokemon not OP if need be. Think I might work on Dragonite or Melmetal next, since neither are Pokemon who use special conditions like Toxapex and Chandelure have! I'm happy with what I've made here though - Chandelure would be the second Ghost type to be added and the first non-starter Fire type so I wanted its moves to reflect the ghostly side of fire? Hope you like it!
TYRANITAR EDIT: Due to Sylveon confirming that Pokemon who don't have an ability until it evolves in-game will have a different ability, I was expecting that I'd have to have Larvitar and Pupitar have Sand Stream, but not anymore
So I'm gonna need to give the pre-evolutions a new ability and buff Sand Stream a lot since it'll be a while before Tyranitar gets it

Larvitar ability: Guts
Pupitar ability: Shed Skin
Guts: (Taken from Machamp's page) "Increases the Pokemon's Attack when the Pokemon is afflicted by a status condition"
Shed Skin: Every 10 seconds, cure status condition, every minute, increase Speed until evolving into Tyranitar
Sand Stream: Creates sand that hits all opponents near Tyranitar, increases Tyranitar's SpD, pokemon who hit Tyranitar while the damage from this ability activates become blinded, some pokemon are unaffected by this ability's damage (Pokemon Immune: Garchomp, Lucario, Mamoswine, Crustle, Scizor, Tyranitar, Metagross, Ferrothorn, and Aegislash)

Blinded meaning the same thing Greninja's Smokescreen does

I also created the pre-evolution Abilities to help them gain levels to evolve, so Tyranitar may not meet the same fate as Garchomp or Gardevoir

I gave Beldum Tackle cause that is what it learns by level up in Sword and Shield, yes, now Beldum doesn't get Take Down

Also, your Chandelure looks great, I wish I can create additional effects to any of the moves or abilities I create without fearing that the Pokemon would be broken, also, Chandelure happens to be my favorite Ghost-type

Anyways, I'm gonna showcase both Toxtricity and Dragapult, and since I like "even" numbers, I'll add on a Mimikyu to make 15 shared Pokemon

Mimikyu, Intermediate, Melee, Attacker, Physical Attacker: Does Not Evolve
Special 1 Moves: Scratch -> (At Lv 5) Shadow Claw or Phantom Force
Special 2 Moves: Astonish -> (At Lv 7) Play Rough or Hone Claws
Ability: Disguise, Unite Move: Ghostly Grab

Toxtricity, Expert, Ranged, All-Rounder, Special Attacker: Does Not Evolve
Special 1 Moves: Belch -> (At Lv 5) Sludge Wave or Snarl
Special 2 Moves: Noble Roar -> (At Lv 7) Overdrive or Boomburst
Ability: Punk Rock, Unite Move: Rocking Vocal Burst

Dragapult, Intermediate, Ranged, All-Rounder, Physical Attacker: Evolves at Lv 6 and then 10
Special 1 Moves: Astonish -> (Upon Evolving into Drakloak) Dragon Rush or Dragon Dance
Special 2 Moves: Dragon Tail-> (At Lv 8) Dragon Darts or Phantom Force
Ability: Clear Body, Unite Move: Dreepy Ordnance

Scratch: Scratches at the opponent with its claws, dealing damage
Astonish: Surprises the opponent, dealing damage, flinches opponent
Shadow Claw: Scratches the opponent with a ghostly claw, dealing lots of damage
Play Rough: Attacks the nearest opponent in quick succession, dealing damage, decreases opponent's attack for a short time
Hone Claws: Increases Mimikyu's Attack for a short time, increases the AoE of Shadow Claw, Phantom Force, and Ghost Grab for a short time
Disguise: When at full HP, Movement Speed is increased and the first attack that hits Mimikyu does 1/2 the damage than normal
Ghostly Grab: Grabs nearby opponents and puts them under Mimikyu's cloth, dealing massive damage, opponent's hit get flinched

Belch: Tosses poison at the opponent, dealing damage, if Toxtricity had just eaten a Sitrus Berry, this attack does double damage
Noble Roar: Decreases opponents attack and SpA for a short time within an AoE
Sludge Wave: Tosses poison at Pokemon within an AoE, dealing AoE damage, poisons all pokemon affected
Snarl: Snarls at Pokemon within an AoE, dealing small AoE damage, all pokemon affected get decreased SpA for a short time
Overdrive: Attacks nearby pokemon using its electrical voice, dealing AoE damage to nearby opponents, increases Toxtricity's SpA for a short time
Boomburst: Shouts loudly, dealing lots of AoE damage to all Pokemon affected
Punk Rock: Increases the attack of Snarl, Overdrive, Boomburst, and Rocking Vocal Burst
Rocking Vocal Burst: Shouts loudly, dealing massive AoE damage to nearby opponents

Astonish: Surprises the opponent, dealing damage, flinches opponent
Dragon Tail: Hits opponent using tail, dealing damage, knocks back the opponent
Dragon Rush: (Taken from Garchomp's page) "Has the user dive in the designated direction, shoving opposing Pokémon"
Dragon Dance: Increases Attack and Speed during a short time
Dragon Darts: Shoots a Dreepy (as Drakloak) or 2 Dreepys (as Dragapult) at the enemy, dealing damage, the Dreepys act like homing missiles, following the opponent until they hit something, when launching 2 Dreepys, they can hit 2 different targets
Clear Body: Immune to status reduction effects
Dreepy Ordnance: Launches 2 Dreepys at all nearby opponents, dealing massive damage, the Dreepys also act like homing missiles with this move

Well, what do you think? Could Dragapult possibly be too OP with its homing missile Dreepys? I guess with the high level up requirement, it wouldn't be all too bad...

Also, would Toxtricity be too OP with all its AoE damage?

As for a Clear Body cooldown, I'm not sure, it depends on how broken it would be without it, if it wouldn't (Including with Dragapult), then I'll keep it the way it is, otherwise, I'll change it to have a cooldown

Now that leaves these 10 pokemon left (I finished the Pokemon I said I was gonna create):
257.png
302.png
303.png
398.png
405.png
462.png
488.png
701.png
727.png
844.png

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I am new to this game and wonder why I can't play with mr. Mime anymore. I could play with him to start with but now he's not available anymore, why is that?

Also, is type effectiveness a thing in Pokemon unite? Is fire good against grass and so on?

Cheers.
1. Each week there is a free Pokemon roster - 4 Pokemon are chosen seemingly at random and it's to allow for more choice in standard/quick matches whilst letting players try out Pokemon they don't own themselves. Mr. Mime was on last week's roster - you can tell who is on the roster by the little clock (I think it's a clock) in the corner of the Pokemon's selection screen. You don't own the Pokemon (although if you own one of the Pokemon who is part of the free rotation they'll still have the symbol establishing that) so it's mainly for people to try out new Pokemon or complete missions if they don't own a certain role (for example I only own Eldegoss as a Supporter, so I did my 10 Supporter matches on Mr. Mime last weekend).

2. There is no type effectiveness in Pokemon Unite - Pikachu can attack Garchomp without immunities coming into effect, for example. Just play the Pokemon you like and don't worry about type overlaps or advantages!

I gave Beldum Tackle cause that is what it learns by level up in Sword and Shield, yes, now Beldum doesn't get Take Down

Also, your Chandelure looks great, I wish I can create additional effects to any of the moves or abilities I create without fearing that the Pokemon would be broken, also, Chandelure happens to be my favorite Ghost-type
I did not know that about Beldum, I guess that's a cool change (albeit an unnecessary one). Makes sense then! Also thank you for your kind comments about Chandelure! It's one of my favourite Ghost types too (think Aegislash edges it out a bit, and Gengar is a close runner-up) so I'm glad I did it justice! I don't worry about broken stuff, if anything I went for less extreme bonuses this time around since I kind-of overdid it for Toxapex and Scizor? But eh. Not sure what Pokemon to tackle next from my list, any suggestions?

Well, what do you think? Could Dragapult possibly be too OP with its homing missile Dreepys? I guess with the high level up requirement, it wouldn't be all too bad...

Also, would Toxtricity be too OP with all its AoE damage?
I love both of these Pokemon! You've really nailed the feel of both Dragapult and Toxtricity, and I love the idea of the latter focusing predominantly on AoE rather than single target, that's awesome. I don't think focusing on AoE will make it OP, since it has no escape options or much of any form of crowd control, plus I'd expect a single target weakness when it focuses on AoE. As for Dragapult... nah, Dragon Darts is fine. Any OP aspects would be damage, which is a numbers issue. Design wise it works wonderfully.

Anyway, Sylveon is out and apparently it's pretty strong! I have not played it (I've just started my Masters degree so been a bit busy!) and I honestly doubt I will get a chance to play it until the weekend/next week - it's an Eeveelution, EVERYONE will want to play it. 10k coins is an increase from the usual new releases, personally I found that odd but it gives me hope we get some 6k coin releases eventually for new players to try out. Also new missions for Speedsters and All-Rounders indicates TiMi wants to see some numbers about those roles - new Speedsters/All-Rounders incoming, or a new patch with buffs/nerfs/alterations to the movesets of certain Pokemon to bring the roles into balance? Currently Attackers dominate the jungle so altering things to give Speedsters/All-Rounders an edge would be cool.

I love both of these Pokemon! You've really nailed the feel of both Dragapult and Toxtricity, and I love the idea of the latter focusing predominantly on AoE rather than single target, that's awesome. I don't think focusing on AoE will make it OP, since it has no escape options or much of any form of crowd control, plus I'd expect a single target weakness when it focuses on AoE. As for Dragapult... nah, Dragon Darts is fine. Any OP aspects would be damage, which is a numbers issue. Design wise it works wonderfully.

Anyway, Sylveon is out and apparently it's pretty strong! I have not played it (I've just started my Masters degree so been a bit busy!) and I honestly doubt I will get a chance to play it until the weekend/next week - it's an Eeveelution, EVERYONE will want to play it. 10k coins is an increase from the usual new releases, personally I found that odd but it gives me hope we get some 6k coin releases eventually for new players to try out. Also new missions for Speedsters and All-Rounders indicates TiMi wants to see some numbers about those roles - new Speedsters/All-Rounders incoming, or a new patch with buffs/nerfs/alterations to the movesets of certain Pokemon to bring the roles into balance? Currently Attackers dominate the jungle so altering things to give Speedsters/All-Rounders an edge would be cool.
My sister has tried out Sylveon (due to it being her most favorite pokemon) and loves playing as it. It works so well with her Hit, Run, and Heal strat thanks to Draining Kiss, plus, Mystical Fire helps too. But I bet Sylveon has more playstyles with Calm Mind and Hyper Voice.

But either way, time to share 2 more pokemon I created, this time focusing on 2 different Fire Starters:

Blaziken, Intermediate, Melee, Attacker, Physical Attacker: Evolves at Lv 5 and then 7
Special 1 Moves: Ember -> (Upon Evolving into Combusken) Fire Spin or Flare Blitz
Special 2 Moves: Detect -> (Upon Evolving into Blaziken) Reversal or U-Turn
Ability: Blaze, Unite Move: Blazing End

Incineroar, Intermediate, Melee, All-Rounder, Physical Attacker: Evolves at Lv 5 and then 7
Special 1 Moves: Ember -> (Upon Evolving into Torracat) Flare Blitz or Fire Blast
Special 2 Moves: Bite -> (Upon Evolving into Incineroar) Darkest Lariat or Cross Chop
Ability: Blaze, Unite Move: Menacing Sault

Ember: Tosses a ball of fire at the opponent, dealing damage, burns opponent
Detect: Next time when this pokemon is about to be hit, move to the side, avoiding the damage
Fire Spin: Traps an opponent in a fiery cage, dealing small constant damage, the opponent is trapped during its duration, a ranged attack
Flare Blitz: Slams into opponents with fire, dealing a lot damage, hurts the user 1/3 of the amount dealt, burns targets
Reversal: Hits the opponent, dealing damage depending on the user's current HP, the less, the more damage
U-Turn: Hits opponent, dealing damage, teleports further away from the opponent
Blaze: When at half HP, increase Attack and Speed
Blazing End: Charges into all pokemon in front with fire, dealing massive damage, during the duration of the Unite Move, heal 1/2 of the damage dealt to the opponent

Ember: Tosses a ball of fire at the opponent, dealing damage, burns opponent
Bite: Bites on the opponent, dealing damage, flinches the opponent
Flare Blitz: Slams into opponents with fire, dealing a lot damage, hurts the user 1/3 of the amount dealt, burns targets
Fire Blast: Launches a large blast of fire at opponents, dealing AoE damage, burns all pokemon affected
Darkest Lariat: Starts spinning continuously during a duration, dealing damage to all opponents hit by the spinning, increases Speed during the move duration
Cross Chop: (Taken from Machamp's page) "Has the user deliver a double chop with forearms crossed while dashing forward, also increases the user's critical-hit rate"
Blaze: When at half HP, increase Attack, Defense, and SpD, also when below half HP, when the user uses Flare Blitz, heal 1/4 of the damage taken from the move
Menacing Sault: Jumps up and slams down onto the opponent, dealing massive damage, increase Attack, Defense, and Speed for a short time

Is Blaziken's Flare Blitz + Reversal + Unite Move combo too strong? I'm guessing not because that always seems to be the answer, but either way...

Notice how I didn't use my Zoroark's U-Turn description for Blaziken? I did that on purpose cause Zoroark is a sort of trickster that relies on allies for disguise to trick opponents and even a bit of a moveset, using parts of a pokemon's kit more than once on 1 team, Zoroark's U-Turn is supposed to also rely on teammates and allows for Zoroark to have a good getaway as well as the opponent is distracted by the teammate, remember that Zoroark can only have U-Turn when it is below half HP

Blaziken doesn't need to rely on teammates to make a getaway cause it doesn't need to be below half HP to use U-Turn, also Blaziken wants to take hits for Blaze, although with U-Turn it won't have Reversal, maybe I should swap around Fire Spin or Flare Blitz with U-Turn? Or get rid of U-Turn altogether? If U-Turn should be gotten rid of, then this is what I'd add:

High Jump Kick: Kicks the opponent from high in the air, dealing a lot of damage, if this move doesn't hit the target, deal 1/2 of the damage suppose to be dealt to the user

Maybe High Jump Kick would be better? Maybe I could also swap around Reversal and Flare Blitz if so?

Also, what do you think of Blaze being able to heal Incineroar a little bit when it uses Flare Blitz below half HP? Since Incineroar doesn't actually want the Flare Blitz damage, I thought this might've been a good idea, plus it makes sense that it would not try to be so reckless when it is low on HP, maybe I should make it that Flare Blitz does less damage instead when below half HP?

Either way, I have 3 more Pokemon of the original 20 that I'll share next time, those being:
398.png
405.png
462.png

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Well it took, what, 48 hours? And Sylveon has now seen nerfs to Mystical Fire and Hyper Voice. Judging by all the YouTube videos/Reddit clips I've seen, those nerfs are very much justified. Impressions afterwards indicate Sylveon is still viable to use but just less explosive in damage, which is good. People are moaning that Lucario/Venusaur/Blastoise/others didn't get nerfed alongside Sylveon and they're not wrong for doing so given it is pretty clear the first two at least are too good at what they do (although I dunno if Blastoise is too strong personally, it's weird).

Honestly I think the roles themselves need a minor rework, they seem rather loosely defined and explains to some degree why there's a large gulf between different characters in the same roles. I believe the developers are at least somewhat aware of that and maybe even intended for it to be somewhat ambiguous from a design standpoint, since it's a simpler game and players shouldn't feel as locked into a role as maybe other MOBAs do? The recent missions needing you to play x amount of games as an All-Rounder/Speedster do indicate those roles are the ones being looked into, and I can see why. What are they meant to do really, that an Attacker/Defender can't do themselves? Maybe they should've gone the Heroes of the Storm route and have damage dealers (melee or ranged), tanks (either pure tanks or bruisers) and supporters (either healers, crowd-control specialists/characters who influence the map to some degree or characters with buffs) - All-Rounders become either Attackers or Bruisers and Speedsters become Attackers? I don't know.

Is Blaziken's Flare Blitz + Reversal + Unite Move combo too strong? I'm guessing not because that always seems to be the answer, but either way...

Blaziken doesn't need to rely on teammates to make a getaway cause it doesn't need to be below half HP to use U-Turn, also Blaziken wants to take hits for Blaze, although with U-Turn it won't have Reversal, maybe I should swap around Fire Spin or Flare Blitz with U-Turn? Or get rid of U-Turn altogether? If U-Turn should be gotten rid of, then this is what I'd add:

High Jump Kick: Kicks the opponent from high in the air, dealing a lot of damage, if this move doesn't hit the target, deal 1/2 of the damage suppose to be dealt to the user

Maybe High Jump Kick would be better? Maybe I could also swap around Reversal and Flare Blitz if so?

Also, what do you think of Blaze being able to heal Incineroar a little bit when it uses Flare Blitz below half HP? Since Incineroar doesn't actually want the Flare Blitz damage, I thought this might've been a good idea, plus it makes sense that it would not try to be so reckless when it is low on HP, maybe I should make it that Flare Blitz does less damage instead when below half HP?
1) I don't think the concept behind the moves is OP, but numbers-wise it probably is and isn't. Like losing a third of your health to a move that puts you into the thick of combat is a massive liability unless it could pretty much one-shot characters, so maybe reduce the health loss and it should be okay? Lifesteal on the Unite move seems fine, and Reversal would likely be similar/identical to Snorlax's Flail right? Seems fine to me. Could even make Reversal different to Flail and give a timed window where the damage Reversal does is taken into account (say, 3 seconds) where you could dive in using Flare Blitz (taking recoil) whilst also taking damage from enemies, then Reversal does increased damage the more damage you took 3secs before using the move (which would take into account the recoil you took from Flare Blitz?) but as it is so far it's solid.

2) I'd swap Fire Spin and U-Turn - Flare Blitz + Reversal makes for a solid combo so you want those two to be opposite options, whilst U-Turn and Flare Blitz offer similar-but-different skills in terms of it being a movement-based skill (i.e. engaging or disengaging from combat). I think High Jump Kick would work better than Fire Spin judging by your current idea for Blaziken - a melee fighter who uses damage it takes to deal even more damage to the opponent using high mobility and moves that inflict recoil damage. HJK + U-Turn is also a solid combo so I'd say that's the best. Honestly this kind of skillset makes me want to make a Counter-based character who uses recoil damage too (Emboar or Rampardos maybe).

3) Don't see why not, would make it's Blaze a bit unique? You could just remove the recoil damage (Charizard doesn't have recoil on its Flare Blitz, heck it gains a shield?) and add a different secondary effect - maybe it could slam enemies around and stun them if they're slammed into walls, or the damage inflicted by burn heals Incineroar for the same amount? Could work. Or yeah your second idea seems solid too, whatever you like really!

I've not developed any ideas recently, so I'll make one up for my next post. Thinking maybe Heracross or Melmetal? Also I'd be interested in seeing Luxray done, that could be dope!