• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon UNITE General Thread

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Like I said i feel the ppl or everybody's pain here about other people and players not cooperating and not showing any teamwork at all regardless of new player or not. We're better off playing with each other in a team rather than random players. Both me and my friend suffered the same fate and people don't even know how to steal zapdos and drednaw.

I would play with you if we can get communicate on FB if that would be the case, but i do have a friend that can play with us. Normally we play at 5PM and 10PM PS/DT which is 8PM and 1AM ES/DT.

I know these players are showing signs of not cooperating and not showing any teamwork at all so this is what i find so far:
Creeping too much. Leaving the lane without saying anything. Not responding to back up or gather in a specific spot even if they respond to ok, they have to come. Feeding the opponents exp without paying attention to their own health and dying to them intentionally or on purpose by charging in or pursuing the opponents down. Not defending the goal zone. Not looking around their surroundings and flushing out the opponents from hiding, and Not scoring at all.

1) Alolan Golem's kit looks fine to me, the damage would need to be fine-tuned but I think design-wise it looks fine? Fire Punch feels a little bit out of place, could replace it with a different Electric or Rock move there and maybe alter the effect. If you're after a hit-and-run style attacking Pokemon I'd replace Fire Punch with Rollout / Magnet Rise / Rock Polish and maybe provide a new effect for them.
Well, it isn't exactly "hit-and-run", it is more of "hit-and-die", so...
2) Sableye seems solid, probably is my favourite of the bunch! Seems like a cool Supporter with tricky Ghost-themed moves to make it annoying. The Unite move may be a bit OP with the cooldown reduction + defenses boost + AoE? And I'd personally alter Keen Eye to not be permanent vision of the whole map but maybe increased vision when Pokemon in Sableye's range go into bushes, it can still see them for x seconds. Something like that.
I forgot to mention, Sableye can't see opponents in their own zone, also only Sableye can see them, so only if you're playing with friends can you really use its ability to its full potential, especially not in Ranked

As for the Unite move, maybe I'll get rid of the AoE part of it, the cooldown reduction is a reference to Prankster and the Defense boost is for the larger gem it is now hiding behind
3) Yeah Guillotine is still gonna be ridiculous even with the cooldown, plus Bisharp wouldn't be as fun if it only had one move to really use. I'd replace it with something that maybe benefits from or boosts critical hit rate? Gives you a combo with Night Slash then. Same applies for the Unite move, 0HKO moves are never a good idea in my opinion. Cool name though, but yeah maybe alter it somewhat. Maybe make it a charge like High Horsepower but with extra effects?
When I say a long cooldown, I mean a looong cooldown, at least 50 second cooldown, as for Bisharp really only using 1 move, what do you think Swords Dance is for?

As for the Unite Move (this may also work for Guillotine), maybe it OHKOs only if the opponent is below 50%? If the opponent isn't below that percent, then maybe it just does massive damage? Also, maybe it can work on the bosses when they're below 20% to 15% HP?
4) Sandaconda seems fine, I do like the Unite move although I dunno how long you intend for the enemies to be caught in the tornado? But the idea of a big AoE displacement that functions differently to Blastoise is pretty rad?
The tornado? It would probably last about 2 to 5 seconds I guess
Greedent & Decidueye!

The former makes sense - it was datamined ages ago and I believe it's going to be a Defender? Bit of an unusual choice but if the moveset is good I'd probably get it. The latter is cool, makes sense for adding a third basic attack focused Pokemon like Greninja and Cinderace (it completes a Fire-Water-Grass trio plus it means Gen 6-7-8 are all covered) plus it's a Ghost type - Halloween time!
Looks like I have a new main! That second Pokemon is my second most favorite Pokemon! Let's see how much of the kit I gave it is in the real one

Now time to show off those 3 Pokemon:

Manectric, Intermediate, Ranged, Speedster, Special Attacker: Evolves at Lv 4
Special 1 Moves: Shock Wave -> (Upon Evolving into Manectric) Thunder Fang or Volt Switch
Special 2 Moves: Howl -> (At Lv 6) Discharge or Fire Blast
Ability: Lightning Rod, Unite Move: Mega Shock Wave

Dusknoir, Intermediate, Ranged, Defender, Special Attacker: Evolves at Lv 6 and then 10
Special 1 Moves: Astonish -> (Upon Evolving into Dusclops) Night Shade or Hex
Special 2 Moves: Disable -> (At Lv 8) Will-O-Wisp or Curse
Ability: Pressure, Unite Move: Shadow Burst

Keldeo, Expert, Melee, Attacker, Ranged Attacker: Does Not Evolve
Special 1 Moves: Aqua Jet -> (At Lv 6) Secret Sword or Sacred Sword
Special 2 Moves: Endure -> (At Lv 8) Surf or Retaliate
Ability: Justified, Unite Move: Aqua Propeller Horn

Shock Wave: Shoots electrical energy at the opponent, dealing damage, follows the opponent until it hits something
Howl: Makes a loud roar in front, shoving all pokemon back within the AoE
Thunder Fang: Bites on the opponent with electrical energy, dealing damage, paralyzes the opponent
Volt Switch: Hits an opponent with an electric spark, dealing damage, teleports further away from the opponent
Discharge: (Taken from Zeraora's page) "Releases an electric discharge, dealing damage to nearby opposing Pokémon and granting the user a shield when it hits"
Fire Blast: (Taken from Charizard's page) "Blass intense, all-consuming fire, dealing damage over time to opposing Pokémon while the flames continue to burn on the ground and decreasing the movement speed of opposing Pokémon for a short time."
Lightning Rod: All Special Electrical Attacks follow this Pokemon until they hit something, when they hit, absorb the damage and raise SpA
Mega Shock Wave: Changes form and releases electrical energy that follows all nearby opponents until they hit something, dealing massive damage, decrease Attack of all Pokemon nearby

Astonish: Surprises the opponent, dealing damage, flinches opponent
Disable: Makes the opponent unable to use the last Special move it used for a short time, this also pauses the cooldown time
Night Shade: Attacks the opponent with ghostly energy, dealing damage depending on the user's current level
Hex: (Taken from Gengar's page) "Has the user disappear and then reappear at the designated location, dealing damage to opposing Pokémon in the area of effect. If this hits an opposing Pokémon that is affected by a status condition, it deals increased damage and its cooldown is reduced"
Will-O-Wisp: The user sends out ghostly flames at the opponent, burning them, decreases the opponent's attack while it is burned
Curse: This Pokemon loses a certain amount of HP, dealing a lot of damage to all nearby opponents
Pressure: When this Pokemon gets hit by a special move, increase the cooldown of that special move
Shadow Burst: Launches a burst of ghost energy into an AoE, dealing massive damage, heals 1/16th of the damage dealt (on average)

Aqua Jet: Attacks the opponent with water, dealing damage, this attack has a long-range
Endure: The next attack that hits this Pokemon will do 3/4ths of the usual damage
Secret Sword: Slashes the opponent with its sword, dealing damage, this attack uses the opponent's Defense to deal damage
Sacred Sword: User slashes opponent with its sword, dealing damage, ignores all stat changes of the opponent
Surf: (Taken from Cramorant's page) "Attacks with a wave that deals damage to opposing Pokémon. Once the wave has traveled its full distance, it returns the way it came, dealing damage to opposing Pokémon once again and pulling them back with the wave"
Retaliate: Attacks the opponent with its Sword, dealing damage, does more damage if the Pokemon hit killed an ally within 5 to 10 seconds on this move used
Justified: Increases damage against Pokemon who's killed an ally before being killed themselves
Aqua Propeller Horn: Propellers towards opponents in front whilst spinning, dealing massive damage, increase SpA and Speed for a short time

Is Manectric too boring or too much like Luxray?

As for Dusknoir, do you think it is well-balanced? Especially Pressure and Disable
Also, I'd think that as a Dusclops, this Pokemon would have the same amount or more defense and SpD than Dusknoir, and if it has more, then maybe include an Everstone item that allows for a Pokemon to not evolve and it would get its Unite Move at the level it would normally evolve

Lastly, do you think Keldeo's Retaliate and Justified should be adjusted?
Also, no matter which Sword move you choose, once you get to Lvl 6, Keldeo will change to its Resolute Form

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
It seems that the temp mamoswine pass is only 10 coins total upon use if we owned mamoswine. It would've been nice if they just gave us half of the value for both temp mamoswine.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I am playing with cramorant and like both Dive/Airslash and Surf/Hurricane. I currently use Energy amp. and buddy barrier to max out gatlin gulp. What do you recommend as 3rd item? I dont want to upgrade item that is not good...

is it a good idea to have specs/smart glassed to raise sp. Att? Or muscle band to boost basic attacks maybe (though I like to catch a fish in dive/surf and attack with that and as understands it, then it is not muscle band that affect the attack?).

I currently have float stone just to be able to move around a little faster but I haven't upgraded it.

I am quite new to the game.

thank you

(I would also appreciate items recommendations for mr. Mime and Wigglytuff).

I do happen to play as cramorant before, but that was only temporary for the week. I normally go for surf and hurricane. I normally use sp. atk specs, wise glasses, and shell bell if that helps. I did see some recommendations on buddy barrier as well, but that's up to you. The other recommendation is choice specs so what you use for cramorant is up to you.

You wanna aim carefully when you play as cramorant such as hurricane and whirlpool. You wanna aim right in front of your opponents as they were falling back. Surf on the other hand, you can use it to pull your opponents out of the goal zone, but you don't want the melees to be that close to you depending on your health.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Which one is best, specs or wise glasses? Id you have to choise one for so. Atk boost?

cheers
Well you wanna try and test out what's best for you in a practice if that helps. The items i have currently equipped on cramorant were sp. atk specs, wise glasses, and shell bell. I'm pretty sure other people will share their tips and hold items for cramorant. It's pretty much that i know about.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Datamine leaks gave confirmed Decidueye is in the game but its currently unknown if it will be playable or not.

If so then can we get some F's in the chat for Primarina?

Incineroar got in Smash Bros

Decidueye got into Pokken Tournament, Legends Arceus, and now its possibly playable in Unite

Poor Primarina stays losing.... :confused:

Datamine leaks gave confirmed Decidueye is in the game but its currently unknown if it will be playable or not.

If so then can we get some F's in the chat for Primarina?

Incineroar got in Smash Bros

Decidueye got into Pokken Tournament, Legends Arceus, and now its possibly playable in Unite

Poor Primarina stays losing.... :confused:
Sadly, I can't, Decidueye is my second most favorite pokemon of all time, so if Decidueye is getting all this spotlight...

Hopefully, they have Primarina for something else, I mean, they gave Alola male protag Primarina in Masters EX, could that be considered a win?

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Well folks, the Halloween event extravaganza is here! Mer Stadium got a spooky face-lift with a new feature, there's pumpkin-giving events galore, Greedent is available either for 8000 Aeos Coins or 70 of the event pumpkins, the Lucario skin costs $40 like the Alolan Ninetales one and things are potentially balanced? Imma give my thoughts on this because it is a doozy. Also I got my 50% win-rate on Sylveon after 18 games, go me! Now to do Mamoswine's missions for the tickets.

First of all - I haven't tried out Greedent yet. From what I've seen they're a weird Defender as they lack crowd control of any kind and most of their moves are geared towards offense in some form, yet they're stupidly hard to kill thanks to the berries and can hit pretty damn hard! They look/feel more like an All-Rounder or Supporter since the berries can heal allies and you drop them A LOT, and the high damage/low physical presence seems to fit the All-Rounder description better than a Defender (although they're not that out of place alongside Crustle for example). I also like it as a general inclusion, and hope the developers continue to add more under-appreciated Pokemon into the game over time alongside our traditional favourites!

Secondly... $40 for a skin? What are the developers smoking? You can buy a game for that amount of money! Especially with Lucario, it has no pre-evolution and so you're essentially getting a single skin rather than maybe 2-3 with the evolutionary line. I get that the developers need to make money and skins is better than being pay-to-win but $40? Should be $20 max. That being said... I bought the skin. In my defense I still had the 2-for-1 deal thing on gems via the mobile game so £19 later I got both the Lucario outfit and the Zeraora one (because I had 61 gems leftover) AND I am a lowly student with a big ol' student loan to make that payment feel less painful. Go me I guess.

Thirdly, the Mer Stadium event sucks. Dunno if it's because I played in mobile or I lack the best characters for the map but the pumpkins replacing your battle items are AWFUL. Low cooldown, completely removes you from playing the game, removes all of your points if you haven't scored them, if you're 2v1 you're essentially screwed (which, given it's a quick match, you will likely be 2v1 because teammates amirite?) - Blissey or Wigglytuff with the cleanses can actually remove the debuff but I own neither and the latter's cleanse is its Unite move I think? So not the best solution. Also a good chunk of the points require you to play with friends so... yay.

Can't talk much about the buffs/nerfs since I played maybe 6 games and they were on Mamoswine/Mr. Mime (neither of whom were affected by the changes) but hopefully Lucario/Venusaur got nerfed enough. Nice to see Rotom be more useful and Drednaw less useful, doubt it'll change people rotating/not rotating but eh. All good really!

EDIT: Apparently I suck at Mamoswine, went from a nice 57% win-rate to 38% because people want to be complete dumbasses in Master rank and not rotate for either Rotom or Drednaw. If you can't be bothered to play the game properly you shouldn't play in ranked mode.

Last edited:

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I really dislike these missions. It’s difficult finding a time suitable to play with the friends on my list. Kinda wish they’d stop doing them.
Same here - I get that it's called Pokemon Unite (emphasis on the "unite") but I don't really want to play with other people purely on the basis that organising times is a logistical nightmare (and then people I communicate with to some degree would know how awful I actually am at the game). Not the end of the world though, so yeah maybe I will try and expand my social circle in this game a bit more! These daily missions to play x games with a friend are killing me. I play with UK times, and even then I don't necessarily play at set times either due to IRL stuff so... yeah.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Same here - I get that it's called Pokemon Unite (emphasis on the "unite") but I don't really want to play with other people purely on the basis that organising times is a logistical nightmare (and then people I communicate with to some degree would know how awful I actually am at the game). Not the end of the world though, so yeah maybe I will try and expand my social circle in this game a bit more! These daily missions to play x games with a friend are killing me. I play with UK times, and even then I don't necessarily play at set times either due to IRL stuff so... yeah.
It really is an issue. I'm UK based but my usual game time is around the daily reset, not many around at 1am...

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
It really is an issue. I'm UK based but my usual game time is around the daily reset, not many around at 1am...
No I don't suppose there would be! Those are some rough times to still be awake in the UK though, ouch.

Funnily enough though I did have a single ranked game with friends I made in-game on my climb to Masters, so managed to complete my daily "play a game with a friend" mission I got for both the Battle Pass AND the standard daily event. We lost though, as you do. Means my Mamoswine win-rate remains at 37% with 8 games to win in 5 days for those sweet sweet Aeos Tickets/Item Enhancers. It's not a Pokemon I enjoy playing very much but I can't tell if it's due to legitimate design concerns, playing on mobile or the Halloween event being a pain in the rear. Possibly all three? I still hate the Halloween event and those god-awful pumpkins, I've been told Blastoise with Rapid Spin is another option for those without Blissey/Wigglytuff (like me) so may have to give it a whirl. Mamoswine design-wise is also clunky - delayed moves sucks, it feels so slow in just about every other scenario and it hits... not very hard. Oh and the level 10 evolution because why not screw around some more. Definitely prefer the other Defenders (again, can't talk about Greedent because I've not played them yet) but will play on my Switch tomorrow and see if Mamoswine feels any better to play.

I absolutely hate the new Halloween event. The only thing I like about it is the free Greedent, which I can get just by logging in each day, so why does it matter to do the Halloween stadium?

I already hate it for how the pumpkins work, they really need a way longer cooldown. A cooldown that is at least the same as the actual items, if not more. They're just too OP and really only there for children to have "fun" with Halloween.

Anyways, enough about my ranting, I haven't really made any recent Pokemon ideas yet, although I am thinking of some ideas I can possibly try to make, those include:

Torkoal - All-Rounder
Pelipper - Supporter
Mudsdale - Defender
Barbaracle - Attacker
Weavile - Speedster

Also, @Ishiftyounot I don't think you've seen my most recent ideas I created or my reaction to that leak you had in the spoiler tag

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
No I don't suppose there would be! Those are some rough times to still be awake in the UK though, ouch.

Funnily enough though I did have a single ranked game with friends I made in-game on my climb to Masters, so managed to complete my daily "play a game with a friend" mission I got for both the Battle Pass AND the standard daily event. We lost though, as you do. Means my Mamoswine win-rate remains at 37% with 8 games to win in 5 days for those sweet sweet Aeos Tickets/Item Enhancers. It's not a Pokemon I enjoy playing very much but I can't tell if it's due to legitimate design concerns, playing on mobile or the Halloween event being a pain in the rear. Possibly all three? I still hate the Halloween event and those god-awful pumpkins, I've been told Blastoise with Rapid Spin is another option for those without Blissey/Wigglytuff (like me) so may have to give it a whirl. Mamoswine design-wise is also clunky - delayed moves sucks, it feels so slow in just about every other scenario and it hits... not very hard. Oh and the level 10 evolution because why not screw around some more. Definitely prefer the other Defenders (again, can't talk about Greedent because I've not played them yet) but will play on my Switch tomorrow and see if Mamoswine feels any better to play.
It’s normal for me... I’m usually only going to bed at sunrise.

As for Mamoswine... it’s reasonably okay. Done all the defender missions with it. Far cry from my preference of Zeraora though.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Is it impossible to change moveset in game. It is quite anoying to select psychic with me mime as a mistake for example. I play on phone.
I'm afraid not, it's not an option even on Switch - I guess it's to prevent players from swapping moves during a match to gain different benefits throughout? I feel your pain though, Confusion makes Mr. Mime so good and selecting Psychic is rough whenever I've used them (and mobile makes selecting moves so difficult! Everything is too close together I swear).

It’s normal for me... I’m usually only going to bed at sunrise.

As for Mamoswine... it’s reasonably okay. Done all the defender missions with it. Far cry from my preference of Zeraora though.
Fair play to you then! I've done all-nighters before and the 6am bed-time is a rough one. I suppose on the plus side you don't have to play with kids? And yeah, I think Mamoswine is fine but suffers from the evolution levels the same way Gardevoir and Garchomp do (albeit slightly less so, since Swinub has a pretty good moveset early on). It feels clunky to me, and mobile makes that feeling worse. Will stick to playing it on Switch I think and hope my (now 33%) win-rate improves. Cool to see a Zeraora player though, what other characters do you play a lot of?

I absolutely hate the new Halloween event. The only thing I like about it is the free Greedent, which I can get just by logging in each day, so why does it matter to do the Halloween stadium?

I already hate it for how the pumpkins work, they really need a way longer cooldown. A cooldown that is at least the same as the actual items, if not more. They're just too OP and really only there for children to have "fun" with Halloween.

Anyways, enough about my ranting, I haven't really made any recent Pokemon ideas yet, although I am thinking of some ideas I can possibly try to make, those include:

Torkoal - All-Rounder
Pelipper - Supporter
Mudsdale - Defender
Barbaracle - Attacker
Weavile - Speedster

Also, @Ishiftyounot I don't think you've seen my most recent ideas I created or my reaction to that leak you had in the spoiler tag
I agree with all your points - the Halloween event sucks whilst the pumpkins work the way they do. Honestly the whole event feels a bit lackluster - why only one map? Shivre City and Auroma Park could've had some cool Halloween-themed aesthetics going on, or maybe swap the wild Pokemon to Ghost types? Suppose Shivre City will be the Christmas event map... Also why is Greedent the Pokemon available for Halloween and not a Ghost type? Seriously was Sableye, Dusknoir, Chandelure, Golurk, Aegislash, Decidueye or Dragapult not an option for this event? I know one of those guys has been datamined but that doesn't mean we're getting it next week (which is when they would release it for the spooky season) - what was the point? Don't get me wrong I do like Greedent, but damn this event feels hollow.

Anyway out of those options Weavile or Barbaracle would be Pokemon with particularly cool ideas, so I look forward to seeing them. And I did see the other ideas but I've just not gotten around to talking about them yet - I will do though (likely next post)!

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Fair play to you then! I've done all-nighters before and the 6am bed-time is a rough one. I suppose on the plus side you don't have to play with kids? And yeah, I think Mamoswine is fine but suffers from the evolution levels the same way Gardevoir and Garchomp do (albeit slightly less so, since Swinub has a pretty good moveset early on). It feels clunky to me, and mobile makes that feeling worse. Will stick to playing it on Switch I think and hope my (now 33%) win-rate improves. Cool to see a Zeraora player though, what other characters do you play a lot of?
I play talonflame a bit. Venusaur on occasion too. I prefer the speedster jungle role tbh

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I play talonflame a bit. Venusaur on occasion too. I prefer the speedster jungle role tbh
Ooh, my opposite! I am not very good at the Speedster role (or Mamoswine, apparently) but that's cool that you are! Venusaur is great, I've been meaning to try them out now Solarbeam (I'm not a Petal Dance fan) got buffed even though it probably didn't need to be? Gotta love the snipes. I'm more of a Defender player it seems (or Cinderace/Lucario) but I don't really have anything resembling a main? Maybe Cinderace, if only because I like all builds and have missed playing it since I hit like 78 games on it and stopped. Hearing what people main and like playing is so interesting to me though, it's cool!

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Actually, assuming that people didn't buy the fourth gems pack, the Lucario skin would cost $19.99 (and $0.99).

Sooo that may change things...a bit.
It's a one-time thing I think, in the sense that if you're buying a certain bundle of Aeos Gems you get the same amount for free? So I bought the 1220 gems deal for £19.99 and got 2440 gems instead since it was my first time buying them. This deal is separate on mobile and on Switch, so you can technically do it twice (which is what I did). £20 for a skin is reasonable for me, since they do need to make money from this game somehow and skins seem like the best way to do it. £40 for a skin is not worth it though, so the next £40 skin they release will not be bought by me. However given how little I actually see the skins in my games (seriously I've seen exactly one Lucario Bandit-Style skin, and the only Sacred Alolan Ninetales skin I've seen was in a bot game) I dunno how successful they actually are? I'm hoping they're doing poorly and the developers realise they need to lower the price a bit to actually get folks to buy them.

Anywho, spent a lot of time last night playing Mamoswine in quick matches to try and get my win-rate up and clear some event missions. I succeeded on both accounts - Mamoswine currently sits at a 44% win-rate with 34 games played, and I completed the "play 24 games as a Defender" / "win 12 games as Mamoswine" events. Even did some matches with friends, so extra bonuses for me! Convinced an IRL friend who also plays the game to do some CPU matches with me to do the "10 Halloween at Mer Stadium" wins so I can get some more pumpkins and buy Greedent with that. Not a huge fan of the cosmetics beyond the background/outline of the trainer card and the pose, so Greedent is my main priority. As for Mamoswine, it's not too terrible but I'm also not a massive fan. Level 10 is way too late to evolve and if my teammates suck I can be stuck at Piloswine for the second Drednaw, it's rough! Been using Icicle Crash + Earthquake since they're easier to use on mobile (and probably the better moves to pick) although I am a fan of Ice Fang. Don't think this guy will be my main though, so the hunt for one continues.

Welp, today I got super salty in Pokemon Unite...

No, it wasn't because of the special Halloween Quick Battle arena, that place is actually becoming more fun due to my sister, it is actually about how ABSOLUTELY BROKEN Absol is

You can literally do ABSOLutely nothing when there is an Absol anywhere nearby, cause once it strikes you, you're dead no matter how much HP you have

It is 100% impossible to win battles without an Absol when the opponent has an Absol, this thing needs a huge nerf right NOW!

Enough of me raging about Absol, later today I might share my ideas for all 5 Pokemon I mentioned early, if not today then tomorrow

But for now, I'm gonna take a break from Unite because Absol is just super annoying