• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon UNITE General Thread

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Welp, today I got super salty in Pokemon Unite...

No, it wasn't because of the special Halloween Quick Battle arena, that place is actually becoming more fun due to my sister, it is actually about how ABSOLUTELY BROKEN Absol is

You can literally do ABSOLutely nothing when there is an Absol anywhere nearby, cause once it strikes you, you're dead no matter how much HP you have

It is 100% impossible to win battles without an Absol when the opponent has an Absol, this thing needs a huge nerf right NOW!

Enough of me raging about Absol, later today I might share my ideas for all 5 Pokemon I mentioned early, if not today then tomorrow

But for now, I'm gonna take a break from Unite because Absol is just super annoying
Absol is in a weird spot right now, because I do agree with you that it's a super scary Pokemon to face but it's also very RNG reliant? Most of its damage comes from critical hits, which aren't guaranteed but when they do you die if you're playing anything that isn't a Defender. I hate facing one because I tend to die versus them, but I suppose they're also very easy to KO back if caught out of position. I dunno, I'm absolutely garbage playing as one (got that 16% win-rate on it) so it's definitely not me you're facing!

See this video for more info: https://www.reddit.com/r/PokemonUnite/comments/qeorsy
Still losing as Mamoswine, but I'm reaching around 40 games now and I'm kind-of sick of playing it. Might need to accept that I'm bad on them and move onto another character but eh. Working on my daily missions and trying to get the Battle Pass done for Spacesuit Gengar (it's a slow process, gonna come right down to the wire!), need to get Greedent soon, all solid really! Looking forward to seeing who the next character will be, hopefully it's not from Kanto!

Last edited:

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
You know i have to agree with you guys on absol. He definitely needs a nerf so bad. I've been encountering a lot of absol users lately and they have been overused. Not only that, but other pokemon have been overused and deserves a nerf as well.

For Starters, Talonflame's fly have been overused and ppl, CPUs, and AIs tend to use it and avoid to get hit and die. My Idea on the nerf is shorten time and distance, and increase cooldown on fly.

2nd of all, Wigglytuff is also overused. Sing and Double Slap is a dangerous combo and hard to counter it. My Idea on the nerf is shorten amount of hits for double slap.

3rd is Greninja. The unite move's distance can catch you and then cuts your escape off. All I know for this nerf is shorten the distance

and lastly is Zeraora, I believe spark needs to be nerfed down in-between times on use.

As for absol nerf, well it's pretty much everything that needs to be nerfed down, but also make super luck not stack with scope lens and razor claw as crit rate and dmg would get devastating with super luck. Pursuit on the other hand, I would say lower damage and shorten the distance.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I'm starting to think that speedsters are becoming more annoying than usual. They just kill us faster at high damage. I just don't get why people do that, but i find that unfair.

Well, I still hate Absol, but I'm now at least trying to use items properly, I've always been using Full Heal or the Spray over Eject Button or X-Attack, plus, I decided to upgrade my scoring shield and my Rocky Helmet instead of using my Leftovers or Float Stone

Also, I decided to try out Snorlax and I think it is very fun to play

Would Yawn or Block be better for Snorlax? I decided on Block but I'm not sure if I should actually use Yawn or not

As for the Pokemon I created, I'll share them after I get feedback on my previous ideas

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
*sobs* I'M TRAAASH!

(...Though it was just $15 with a bit of Gold Coins reducing the price.)
You did the same thing I did! Nicely done, enjoy the new skins because they look pretty damn good! I need to play Lucario more and actually use the skin, haven't touched him in weeks since he's my most-played character and I've been trying out others... can't wait for the new season where my win-rate hopefully resets!
Well, I still hate Absol, but I'm now at least trying to use items properly, I've always been using Full Heal or the Spray over Eject Button or X-Attack, plus, I decided to upgrade my scoring shield and my Rocky Helmet instead of using my Leftovers or Float Stone

Also, I decided to try out Snorlax and I think it is very fun to play

Would Yawn or Block be better for Snorlax? I decided on Block but I'm not sure if I should actually use Yawn or not

As for the Pokemon I created, I'll share them after I get feedback on my previous ideas
Nice to see people experimenting with different item builds (both held and battle items) - I'm an Eject Button fan predominantly but I do use Fluffy Tail occasionally, never could get into the X items since my timing is awful and the others didn't seem too good. As for held items... I just go by what the YouTubers/Unite-db recommend because I'm not original (sometimes I change it up depending on what the Pokemon is, like I added Razor Claw over Score Shield on Mamoswine for quick battles because I was lacking damage versus mobs). Snorlax is rad, I think Yawn and Block are equally good and it does kind-of depend on teammates (good teammates you'll want Block, mediocre ones you'll want Yawn) but Block gives you a shield and it does help keep you alive/stack with Score Shield sometimes. And yes I will give feedback on previous ideas, it's on my to-do list, but I'll get to it soon!
I'm starting to think that speedsters are becoming more annoying than usual. They just kill us faster at high damage. I just don't get why people do that, but i find that unfair.
I think this feeling comes down to both a balancing issue and a lack of clarity regarding what the roles are designed to do, since currently a lot of the characters feel like they could fit multiple or different roles to the ones they have? The roles are too broad in regards to what fits into them, which is probably a design choice given it's a Pokemon MOBA - ideally kids would pick whoever they liked and screw tier lists, but actual MOBA players want structure and therefore a role system. How do you balance it? I have no clue, but I can ramble on my thoughts on the roles if anyone wants to hear them because I have... opinions.

Regarding Speedsters - to me they're our assassins? High single target damage, very squishy and will die if you focus on one even a tiny bit. Can get in and out of a fight without issue but it's a risk every time that they do. From that perspective them killing you quickly is a given, but there's obviously too much survivability with some of the Speedsters that needs to be addressed so that they aren't just slaughtering players before escaping. Super high damage must have a cost, and it can't be low HP/defenses because if you're one-shotting people you're not gonna take much damage? But again that leads into my opinions on the role of Speedsters in Unite versus Attackers and the like so eh.

EDIT: Got my 50% win-rate on Mamoswine!

Last edited:
Nice to see people experimenting with different item builds (both held and battle items) - I'm an Eject Button fan predominantly but I do use Fluffy Tail occasionally, never could get into the X items since my timing is awful and the others didn't seem too good. As for held items... I just go by what the YouTubers/Unite-db recommend because I'm not original (sometimes I change it up depending on what the Pokemon is, like I added Razor Claw over Score Shield on Mamoswine for quick battles because I was lacking damage versus mobs). Snorlax is rad, I think Yawn and Block are equally good and it does kind-of depend on teammates (good teammates you'll want Block, mediocre ones you'll want Yawn) but Block gives you a shield and it does help keep you alive/stack with Score Shield sometimes. And yes I will give feedback on previous ideas, it's on my to-do list, but I'll get to it soon!
Well, no need to rush on the feedback, I still need to think of tiny details for the Pokemon I created

Either way, I think I'm already done with Snorlax, at least for the Switch, I'll probably still use him mobile, I always accidentally press ZR thinking it is an attack, this is what happens when you main Gardevoir and Crustle
Regarding Speedsters - to me they're our assassins? High single target damage, very squishy and will die if you focus on one even a tiny bit. Can get in and out of a fight without issue but it's a risk every time that they do. From that perspective them killing you quickly is a given, but there's obviously too much survivability with some of the Speedsters that needs to be addressed so that they aren't just slaughtering players before escaping. Super high damage must have a cost, and it can't be low HP/defenses because if you're one-shotting people you're not gonna take much damage? But again that leads into my opinions on the role of Speedsters in Unite versus Attackers and the like so eh.
I'd think of the roles as a type chart, whereas:

Attacker -> Defender -> Speedster -> Attacker

and Supporters just buff the teammates and All-Rounders are a mix of at least 2 of them

Although this is my own opinion

Also, I decided to actually use Talonflame more often after casting it aside when I got Crustle at launch, and I think I've found a new main:
2021102617404900-339470D1C820D6D2392320FD0992BB5E.jpg

Keep in mind that this is Great League, I haven't really been doing Ranked matches due to the fear of losing, so...

But either way, I'm not sure how I did so well in this battle, all but the Venusaur on the other team were in the south whilst I stayed up north with our own Venusaur

My sister (Sylveon), the Lucario, and the Slowbro all somehow completely protected the southern goal zone from 4 opponents and those opponents kept getting Drednaw

The Venusaur on the opposing team kept getting absolutely destroyed by me and I was also able to destroy all the northern goal zones
Somehow, our southern goal zone was never touched, plus the 4 opponents kept going to the south no matter what for some odd reason and also kept running away from my sister's Sylveon as well (Yes, even the Absol and Lucario), and she decided to camp on our goal zone

Afterward, both I and the Venusaur went to the south, which is why the opposing Venusaur was able to score those goals

When our Venusaur died, he decided to go back to the north to protect it whilst the southern offensive started

When Zapdos spawned, I was able to destroy a goal zone that was empty
We were also able to get Zapdos as well

and from there, well, you know what happened

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Big shout-out to PokeKay on Pokemon Unite for playing some "Halloween at Mer Stadium" matches with me (we won 3 out of 5 games, one of our losses was a group of 4 friends since they stayed as a group the entire game) where I got to use Crustle and dominate thanks to Shell Smash quick turn-ins! I tried Blastoise too and I'm not too enthused by it, but oh my god does it do a lot of damage! Felt so much stronger than Mamoswine it was sad. So now I have 62/70 pumpkins with 8 coming for my day 7 log-in tomorrow which means I can get Greedent! So I'll have all the Defenders once again. Will no doubt give my thoughts on Greedent tomorrow or over the weekend.

I'd think of the roles as a type chart, whereas:

Attacker -> Defender -> Speedster -> Attacker

and Supporters just buff the teammates and All-Rounders are a mix of at least 2 of them

Although this is my own opinion
I wouldn't be against that, would feel very fitting for Pokemon and its traditional type match-ups! Although again Speedsters and Attackers do feel awfully similar, but I'll get to that...

I imagine the roles as this (or I think they should be this):
  • Defenders are your Tanks - they're sturdy thanks to high HP pools, increased defense stats or the ability to use things like shields. They can either have high mobility at the cost of low amounts of crowd control, or the reverse, and they don't do an awful lot of damage.
  • Attackers include your Mages (high ability damage, low-medium basic attack damage) and ADCs (high basic attack damage, low-medium ability damage) whose primary goal is to murder the enemy at the cost of low HP/defenses that will result in an untimely demise if caught out of position.
  • All-Rounders are your Bruiser-type characters - a mix of Attacker and Defender wherein they can take more damage than Attackers can but don't deal as much damage. They fall under the same mobility/crowd control spectrum as Defenders do, but to a lesser extent, and focus more on endurance than burst damage.
  • Speedsters are your Assassins - normally something that falls under Attackers, but apparently they don't here? They focus predominantly on high single target burst damage with a lot of mobility, able to get in and out of a fight without issue. However they have limited crowd control or survivability options and if caught out of position will die very quickly.
  • Supporters are your Healers, both in terms of actual healing and with the potential ability to grant shields or buff allies. Their toolkit determines their survivability, mobility, crowd control and damage - a more mobile offensive Supporter may not heal as much or be able to take much damage but aids the other characters in killing the enemy, whilst an immobile Supporter might offer larger healing options at the cost of limited damage or support in other areas.
Feels like Speedsters are kind-of niche in the grand scheme of things - what makes them different from Attackers really? It's not clearing farm/objectives since Lucario or the ADCs of this game (or Greedent apparently) do that better than anyone else, and single target burst can be a job done by an Attacker anyway. They're not more mobile than other characters otherwise Venusaur and Crustle would be Speedsters? It's a weird one. Same with All-Rounders really - they could be Attackers given the movesets available to our currently available options, and if anything Pokemon like Greedent and Crustle fit that role better than Defender? Not entirely, they do still work in that role, but they'd function fine as All-Rounders too. Funny that, right?

Also, I decided to actually use Talonflame more often after casting it aside when I got Crustle at launch, and I think I've found a new main:
2021102617404900-339470D1C820D6D2392320FD0992BB5E.jpg

Keep in mind that this is Great League, I haven't really been doing Ranked matches due to the fear of losing, so...

But either way, I'm not sure how I did so well in this battle, all but the Venusaur on the other team were in the south whilst I stayed up north with our own Venusaur

and from there, well, you know what happened
Nicely done!

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
And now the temporary license features Sylveon, with another 12-battle mission to clear it using it.
Woohoo! Just what we wanted! I can't say I hate the concept (let's you try out Pokemon before you buy them) but the rewards if you do have them kind-of suck? Makes you wonder why they're offering them - are Sylveon and Mamoswine less popular purchases than they expected?

Anywho played my first Greedent game today and lost horrifically, seems like I had a team on my side because every time I tried to surrender there were 3 immediate no's? I wanted to play Sylveon but they went with Zeraora, Greninja, Charizard and Lucario (who all played awfully) so that's a lesson learnt for the future. Greedent itself feels fine, I'd rather play it on Switch rather than mobile but it feels reasonably tanky to me.

Oh Arceus, I have so much to rage about today...

and this is not even about Absol, this is about how horrible your teammates are as if the game wants you to rage quit

I'm actually enraged by how this game works to the point where I'd say that Pokemon Unite is worse than every gacha game in existence

Winning at this point is by absolutely pure luck, almost no skill involved, at least, that is how I see it

You need to be extremely lucky to get actually good teammates

and even then, you still need to have skill

I'd stop playing this game forever in a heartbeat, but it ofc, like literally every game in existence, is too addicting

But either way, whether I stop playing or not, I'll still create ideas for Pokemon for this game

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Matchmaking in this game is atrocious at best, like I don't think you could actually say that Master ranked players are actually any good in the grand scheme of things (especially given the actual good players tend to group as a team and win that way). Solo queue is a mess, and yeah as much as I try and put the blame more on myself when it comes to losses sometimes (see: a lot of the time) you lost because your teammates suck. They don't help in team fights, or they start them on the enemy's goals. They seem to go blind when Drednaw/Rotom spawn and absolutely cannot help win a fight for one. Zapdos? What's a Zapdos? But you can bet money they're the ones who say "no" to surrendering when you're down to your last 1-2 goals before the 5min mark because the enemy team just wrecked you.

I honestly hope they fix that before they fix balancing issues for season 2, because if the current system continues I don't think many people will stick around. Will I stick around? Probably, depends on how season 2 goes really. I'm back to studying for my Masters degree so time is limited, and the tilt is likely to discourage me from using my free time on something that irritates me so much. I know based on the datamining I won't be buying the next Battle Pass (the skins are for Venusaur/Charizard, and I don't really like either skin anyway) so maybe I'll take a more relaxed approach to ranked this time around, focus on a few core characters rather than playing everyone. I think playing a good Jungler like Cinderace/Greninja who can function reasonably well in lane is a good shout, maybe have a Defender/Supporter as a secondary set of mains for when you need to fill or someone takes the jungle, and a final solid laner in the case that you don't need to fill as Defender/Supporter may be a shout (like Greedent or Lucario). My number of games on my characters is low, but relatively even across the board - all between 78 - 20 games, rather than some players who have 200+ on one character. That's how you main someone, but I've always liked to play everyone. Does that make me average/mediocre overall? Food for thought.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
and this is not even about Absol, this is about how horrible your teammates are as if the game wants you to rage quit

I get how you feel since there's no way of knowing which team is winning based on the score. we only know who's winning or losing in mid-match. The scoreboard needs to be updated though.

The teammate part, yeah i get that because people aren't cooperating and not showing any teamwork at all. If I had to guess, it's these newcomers that aren't doing anything contribute the team such as not scoring, not responding where they have to go such as take priorities into taking down drednaw and zapdos, and feeding their opponents exp by dying to them on purpose.

If that wasn't the case, every time i try to call out central area in the battle preparations, another team member calls out the central area the moment i called it out first and refuses to take another path. they need to learn that calling out central is 1st come 1st serve.

Now as for the matchmaking, yeah a lot of people are complaining including reviews for the game in the app store saying that matchmaking is broken. Ranked is a lot worst because we're playing 2 ranks below and higher than your current rank. We should be playing that are 1 rank higher and below you. those in master rank should be playing in the same rank for the points. Standard on the other hand, we're getting a lot of newcomers due to mobile release, and people not updating their profile cards. It's hard to tell if they're really newcomers when they have potions and not updated their profile cards.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Well I've spent the last few days playing almost exclusively CPU matches (with particular focus on quick matches) just to get some missions done, and it's been nice going on winning streaks! I played a ton of Sylveon doing this as it was the round 4 event missions, using mainly Mystical Fire + Draining Kiss actually and it's done pretty well? Very mobile, solid damage, does die very quickly but everyone needs a weakness. Also tried out Pikachu and Venusaur with the new buffs (they're very good), Lucario with the nerfs (also pretty good, the skin looks incredible) and I managed a game on Cinderace (closest thing I have to a main) and Greedent. I tried out Belch + Covet on Greedent and whilst it was challenging to use I am in love! Just seeing this fat squirrel running away whilst healing is hilarious and you do not die, and Belch does some solid damage! I like it, will definitely play it some more and try it out in ranked in the future.

Is Manectric too boring or too much like Luxray?

As for Dusknoir, do you think it is well-balanced? Especially Pressure and Disable
Also, I'd think that as a Dusclops, this Pokemon would have the same amount or more defense and SpD than Dusknoir, and if it has more, then maybe include an Everstone item that allows for a Pokemon to not evolve and it would get its Unite Move at the level it would normally evolve

Lastly, do you think Keldeo's Retaliate and Justified should be adjusted?
Also, no matter which Sword move you choose, once you get to Lvl 6, Keldeo will change to its Resolute Form
Starting to lose track of what Pokemon I've given feedback on, don't think I did these? If I've missed any others let me know!

Manectric can't learn Fire Blast as far as I know, but it can learn Overheat/Flamethrower so maybe pick one of those instead and tweak the move a bit? Maybe Overheat is a high damage low cooldown ability where the damage sharply reduces with each consecutive use (but if you don't use the move for x seconds the damage returns to normal?). The Electric moves seem cool, enough difference from Luxray to be unique but also relatively similar.

Dusknoir seems okay, Disable and Pressure may need reasonably long cooldowns to make sure you're not shutting your opponent out of the game too much but honestly it functions a bit like crowd control? So I kind-of dig it. Night Shade seems funky, doing increased damage the higher level you are in the game. I like it, didn't touch on the punching aspect though which is interesting (again: this Pokemon should've had Iron Fist and I'm annoyed that it doesn't, would've made it have a niche distinct from Dusclops).

Keldeo has a unique skillset there, but I dunno how complex the "opponent who killed an ally" thing might get with Retaliate and Justified? Still pretty cool though, so no real suggestions here. Suppose it could be a godsend for solo players - your team sucks and keeps dying? Congrats you do stupidly high amounts of damage!

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I did hear people saying that greedent is overpowered. When i encountered one as a opponent, it doesn't wanna die and people are saying that greedent needs a nerf. I guess some say that they want less berries and recovery from greedent as part of the nerf

Now speaking of nerfs, In addition to what i said about talonflame getting a nerf, they should just make thunder and hurricane hit talonflame while flying because it can get annoying without those moves hitting talonflame flying.

Other than that talonflame being nerfed, In addition to what i said about nerfing down greninja is that, water shuriken and double team can be devastating, but both needs to be nerfed down such as lower power for double team and health recovery on water shuriken other than the unite move being nerfed down.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I did hear people saying that greedent is overpowered. When i encountered one as a opponent, it doesn't wanna die and people are saying that greedent needs a nerf. I guess some say that they want less berries and recovery from greedent as part of the nerf

Now speaking of nerfs, In addition to what i said about talonflame getting a nerf, they should just make thunder and hurricane hit talonflame while flying because it can get annoying without those moves hitting talonflame flying.

Other than that talonflame being nerfed, In addition to what i said about nerfing down greninja is that, water shuriken and double team can be devastating, but both needs to be nerfed down such as lower power for double team and health recovery on water shuriken other than the unite move being nerfed down.
Oh Greedent is absolutely overpowered, but I think it's gone under the radar since it's not a particularly popular Pokemon (even though you can get it for free this event)? Belch is pretty much the main issue - it deals a lot of damage and the interactions it has with the berry mechanic and the Unite move push it way over the edge. Berries reduce its cooldown quite substantially, the Unite move does away with it completely and with the amount of damage it does you can clear objectives quicker than actual Attackers (which is hilarious). Berries are also easy to come by - Covet and Stuff Cheeks essentially guarantee you a no-cooldown Belch at least once, you heal from them and in Covet's case you gain movement speed and are immune to crowd control thanks to unstoppable.

What's the solution? Lower Belch's damage a bit, buff Bullet Seed to give you actual options, alter the cooldown reduction from berries so that it's not removing cooldowns altogether and maybe lower the number of Belch you can use during the Unite move? Maybe even make unstoppable the Covet+ ability rather than as part of the baseline move. That should make Greedent remain the annoying speedy squirrel that it is, whilst being able to be caught out with CC until level 11 and not dealing as much damage. I don't want Greedent nerfed too harshly, because it's fun to play and it fills the same niche as Lucario I guess in being a capable solo laner against 1-2 enemies.

As for other nerfs/buffs... I still don't know. Metagame still hasn't settled and there's no Pokemon I see that are completely broken OP? Greninja is fine, in my opinion. Reduce healing on Water Shuriken maybe, reduce damage from Double Team and I wouldn't be opposed to a boosted attack damage nerf? but that's it. Lucario is still dominant so nerf its damage some more except on Close Combat (since it lacks the utility of Bone Rush), reduce the cooldown reduction Venusaur gets from Petal Dance, Talonflame should spend less time invulnerable from Fly (which could also use a small damage nerf, not too much though else nobody will play the birb), Zeraora should have Discharge damage nerfed (and maybe scrap/reduce the shield, it's a Speedster so it doesn't need more sustain) and I guess nerf Snorlax a bit since it's the go-to Defender? But that's just looking at tournament play/personal experience, it may honestly be fine.

Buffs though, that's a bit easier - Pikachu, Alolan Ninetales and Cramorant need damage buffs (revert Cramorant's previous nerfs, Pikachu needs Electro Ball and Volt Tackle buffs, Ninetales just needs buffs overall - Special Attack scaling better would fix a ton of these issues), Gardevoir and Garchomp need their evolution levels reduced to 5/9, Gengar needs more damage on its auto attacks and maybe some sort of utility (slow on Sludge Bomb or something), Mamoswine also needs the evolution levels reduced by 1 as well as fixing the delay on its Ground moves, Machamp needs some early-game buffs so its usable in lane a bit more and honestly I think you'll find things are pretty balanced!

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Snorlax's block can get annoying since people tend to use it and trap you by the wall while giving other team members a chance to kill you. They should end the block duration when a opponent is knocked back all the way to the wall.

In addition to greninja and talonflame's nerf, they should add 1 more level requirement to their evolution. Evolving too early can put things at disadvantage. I'd say level 6 to evolve which is the same gardevoir and mamoswine's level requirement on evolution, but changing the level requirement on learning the moves.

My friends were talking about how overpowered the speedsters are so all of them needs a nerf. It's mostly on absol and gengar. I do believe that my friend was telling me how gengar kills so fast as absol does so there's no mistaking about it.

Now as for other nerfs, score shield deserves a nerf. At least add a cooldown to the item's effect after scoring. at least 70-90 second cooldown if that helps and then there's goal getter which it also needs to be nerfed down. They shouldn't have reduced to cooldown from 2 mins to 90 seconds.

and then there's eject button which is not suppose to be used to pursue your opponents. It suppose to be used for escaping not as a pursuit item and increase cooldown as well.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Well I've done it - the second Battle Pass is complete and I am now the proud owner of a Space Suit Gengar skin! And also Gengar, since I spent 10k Aeos Coins to buy the spooky lad. I enjoy playing as them, they're one of my favourite Pokemon, it's all good! Will not be buying the next Battle Pass though judging by the leaked skins available - neither really appeal to me and the trainer outfit won't matter since I'm spending my 20k Aeos Tickets from hitting Master rank on the Costume Party set. I now own 18 Pokemon in this game (out of 26) which is pretty cool! Got 10k Aeos Coins ready for the next character to be announced, honestly hoping it's someone I'm not that bothered about so I can get back to saving.

Snorlax's block can get annoying since people tend to use it and trap you by the wall while giving other team members a chance to kill you. They should end the block duration when a opponent is knocked back all the way to the wall.

In addition to greninja and talonflame's nerf, they should add 1 more level requirement to their evolution. Evolving too early can put things at disadvantage. I'd say level 6 to evolve which is the same gardevoir and mamoswine's level requirement on evolution, but changing the level requirement on learning the moves.

My friends were talking about how overpowered the speedsters are so all of them needs a nerf. It's mostly on absol and gengar. I do believe that my friend was telling me how gengar kills so fast as absol does so there's no mistaking about it.

Now as for other nerfs, score shield deserves a nerf. At least add a cooldown to the item's effect after scoring. at least 70-90 second cooldown if that helps and then there's goal getter which it also needs to be nerfed down. They shouldn't have reduced to cooldown from 2 mins to 90 seconds.

and then there's eject button which is not suppose to be used to pursue your opponents. It suppose to be used for escaping not as a pursuit item and increase cooldown as well.
I think Snorlax is mostly fine, but would be better balanced with the inclusion of diminishing returns in the game. I know the concept from World of Warcraft - basically it reduces the duration of crowd control effects on a player when hit with repeated crowd control effects. Snorlax Heavy Slam -> Block can lock you out of the game for a long time, but with diminishing returns the repeated stun from Block (if you're hit by it) lessens over time to the point where you're eventually not stunned at all. I don't think the Block use should be stopped, since it takes a skilled player/bad positioning to put you in that spot, but some reduction on crowd control loops wouldn't go amiss.

Level requirements are funky, because I would honestly rather see the level 6/10 evolutions reduced to 5/9 than see other Pokemon be brought up to that level. You'd slow the early/mid-game down quite a bit in doing so, which wouldn't be awful, but I just think having to wait that long to feel useful is awful! Talonflame just needs a damage nerf on Fly with reduction for how long it's in the air - keep the numbers higher than they were at launch (so not a massive nerf) but it is too safe for Talonflame to travel around and dunk on people. As for the Speedsters... debatable. I'll cover Gengar below, but Zeraora definitely needs a nerf somewhere (I think Discharge personally) and Absol could probably use some fine-tuning since the level 30 items and other buffs make it terrifying early on.

Gengar does not need a nerf though, you have to commit when using him and if you're caught out of position, or miss a move, or are facing more than one enemy? Dead Gengar. The lifesteal it gained in the latest patch isn't enough to save it, the Gastly -> Haunter phase is awful and if anything it needs a buff. How would I buff it? No idea. Maybe maybe it a ranged attacker and change the basic attack to a ranged one (like Pikachu's except it looks like Night Shade from the anime), or give Shadow Ball an additional use (like Cramorant's Dive) so it can attack from range better. Or honestly change the ability because Levitate sucks.

I agree on the item nerfs to a degree - Goal Getter is fine because not many folks legitimately use it, but Eject Button is still the most common item by a landslide and so could maybe use another nerf. Bring it up to an 80/90 second cooldown and see how it is from there. As for Score Shield, it and Buddy Barrier do need nerfs but you do have to be cautious when doing so. I think Score Shield does have an internal cooldown, but it's low so yeah maybe increase that up a bit. Not to your levels though, because otherwise why would you use it? Think the internal cooldown is 6 seconds so maybe bump it up to 15-30 seconds?

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Well I did see people use score shield to make a quick score which it can be annoying, but yeah, a cooldown is necessary after scoring. That's why that hold item needs a nerf, but not only a cooldown also reducing shields equal to user's max HP.

It's not just the mentioned pokemon that needs a nerf, but also Crustle needs a nerf. First of all that shell smash, yeah no one keep up with it when it's low on health with that kind of speed. They need to reduce the movement speed from shell smash. The unite move needs be nerfed down too because once it's low on health, it just has that huge amount of health, making it hard to kill.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Eh, I think held items will see balancing done on them soon anyway. Nobody uses the HP-based ones like Leftovers or Aeos Cookie, whilst Buddy Barrier / Focus Band / Score Shield are pretty much your standard use ones. Muscle Band, Wise Glasses, Razor Claw, Scope lens, Choice Specs and Attack Weight all see use too on certain Pokemon or more offensive builds. Season 2 starts next week, I reckon we'll see the next Pokemon announced and a big balance patch sorting out a few outliers and whatnot.

Crustle does not need a nerf either, I'd argue it's actually balanced. Shell Smash could maybe see a slight movement speed decrease or duration decrease since there's not much downtime on the move, but honestly the Pokemon is fine. The Unite move is solid for what it does (maybe reduce damage on it), all 4 of its moves have value, it's one of those Pokemon you can stick anywhere and it'll do fine - jungle, top or bottom lane. It's just not that good a tank (it feels more like an All-Rounder) compared to Snorlax, Slowbro, Blastoise, Mamoswine or Greedent. It's a speedy tanky scoring machine that doesn't deal an awful lot of damage unless you specialise into doing so (at the cost of shields/health) and even then isn't out-damaging much of anything. I like it, it's one of my most-played Pokemon for a reason.