• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon UNITE General Thread

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
I've found holding back my unite move to be a reasonable way to deal with zapdos and opponents. Nothing like dropping a big blue bolt on everyone followed by x attack boosted discharge to cause some problems until I get supported.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Perhaps decidueye is available on next thursday's reset. that's 1 thing i know and how i got the previous new pokemon before greedent which is sylveon.
Leaks suggest it'll be out on the 19th, which is cool. I am very confused by the choice in Pokemon and when they're released - we just had a Halloween event perfect for a Ghost type character and we got Greedent? Now the next character is coming out on the 19th and it's a Gen 7 Pokemon rather than a Sinnoh Pokemon (to promote the games). Perplexing. I guess Decidueye is liked more than Torterra (although All-Rounder Torterra would be dope not gonna lie, could do a Fire-Water-Grass thing there with Charizard and maybe Feraligatr/Swampert?) but none of these choices make much sense to me. Such is life.

Anyway Zapdos in solo queue is a challenge, especially if you're in the lead. Ideally you'd win the team fight then take Zapdos when your enemies are KO'd but coordinating with allies is borderline impossible so I find just going with the flow helps. Your team taking Zapdos even though you're winning? Commit with them and hope you kill it before the enemy does, or take out as many enemies as you can so your team can beat the boss. As others have said the bushes in the top-mid and bottom-mid areas are good spots to stay in and get vision, making sure nobody sneaks in some double goals and forcing you to need Zapdos at all. If you're losing though I guess you just go for it and hope for the best?

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Well the game follows the UTC time zone so their reset will be 4PM PST and 7PM EST at this point. That's why it will be available next thursday's reset at the earliest.

When it comes to zapdos, you gotta know when to snipe it from a distance while hiding. Usually Cinderace, Venusaur, and Greninja are good for that kind of job, but you'll have to time your unite move right although if you're using X attack, then you wanna time both of the them at the right timing to do that. If it helps where to position yourself at, you wanna hide in a grass a little to the NW where zapdos so no one will notice, but you wanna be careful while trying to hide and snipe zapdos for the team because you'll get flushed out by your opponents when they're looking around the area also that position will help you how much low HP zapdos has while holding your unite move and/or X Attack.

If you're using Venusaur, well unite move and solarbeam are the only way to go, but if you're using petal dance, you wanna pick up speed to get away from your opponents as much as possible or try to tank your opponents and heal as much as possible and then use your unite move.

If greninja, you wanna time your unite move at the right timing since the move is a 2-time attack.

I think Gardevoir is another pokemon you can get zapdos with although usually unite move works for anyone that are close to zapdos which it helps preventing your opponents from getting zapdos by making them unable to move and attack.

Icy-Snowflake

This is the first (and will probably be the only) MOBA game I've played. Initially it was great, I reached Expert rank in 2 weeks (that's 2 weeks back. Today, I'm still in Expert rank. I really understood why Unite is "Pay 2 Win":(), got Pikachu, Zeraora, Ninetails, Venusaur and Greninja through events and login bonus. Now, the events that want me to play matches with friends are a bit annoying and it's tough to get to higher ranks.
I've been facing a couple of problems since the beginning that I'd like to share.
  1. I use the mobile version of the game and can't connect to the server through Wi-Fi. It shows an error even though every other game works fine on it. When I'm connected through a Mobile Network/ Mobile Hotspot the game lets me pass through that login window though. Is anyone else facing this issue?
  2. I don't expect mobile network to be stable everyday, and throughout the match (but the silly game does -_-) and I hate watching someone run along the walls and charging towards them, when it can battle as a CPU. So, when I face such problems I usually quit the game, and sometimes I'm greeted with two mails, one with anywhere between 2-8 fair play points deducted and the other with an extra 10 points deducted (cause I decided to kill the app and leave, probably?). I thought it was supposed to be a deduction of 2-8 points but it's actually 2-18:eek:?? So in the guise of saving my fair play points, should I be a burden to my teammates, perhaps also lose those battles and make myself look pathetic? I'd rather stop playing ranked battles if I can't get the game working with Wi-Fi...
  3. Not really a problem but I'd like your opinion here; Should I get Lucario/ Sylveon/ Wigglytuff (I don't have any Supporter at the moment) or wait for Decidueye?

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
This is the first (and will probably be the only) MOBA game I've played. Initially it was great, I reached Expert rank in 2 weeks (that's 2 weeks back. Today, I'm still in Expert rank. I really understood why Unite is "Pay 2 Win":(), got Pikachu, Zeraora, Ninetails, Venusaur and Greninja through events and login bonus. Now, the events that want me to play matches with friends are a bit annoying and it's tough to get to higher ranks.
I've been facing a couple of problems since the beginning that I'd like to share.
  1. I use the mobile version of the game and can't connect to the server through Wi-Fi. It shows an error even though every other game works fine on it. When I'm connected through a Mobile Network/ Mobile Hotspot the game lets me pass through that login window though. Is anyone else facing this issue?
  2. I don't expect mobile network to be stable everyday, and throughout the match (but the silly game does -_-) and I hate watching someone run along the walls and charging towards them, when it can battle as a CPU. So, when I face such problems I usually quit the game, and sometimes I'm greeted with two mails, one with anywhere between 2-8 fair play points deducted and the other with an extra 10 points deducted (cause I decided to kill the app and leave, probably?). I thought it was supposed to be a deduction of 2-8 points but it's actually 2-18:eek:?? So in the guise of saving my fair play points, should I be a burden to my teammates, perhaps also lose those battles and make myself look pathetic? I'd rather stop playing ranked battles if I can't get the game working with Wi-Fi...
  3. Not really a problem but I'd like your opinion here; Should I get Lucario/ Sylveon/ Wigglytuff (I don't have any Supporter at the moment) or wait for Decidueye?

Normally I only play on mobile on i'm on trips and have no internet connection however i can't rely on wi-fi connections that would require payment so i had to use my unlimited data plan to do that If you're planning on playing the game on mobile, it's highly recommended that you play the game while your smart device is charging as some apps will burn battery fast.

Now as for the problems and answering the questions.

1. well it depends on your connection because if your connection is fine, then there may be something wrong on either iOS and android's end or the game server because all i know it can be the game servers that may be unstable so you wanna stay close your internet connection or stabilize it. Usually a weather can effect your internet connection so it's best not to play the game if the weather in your area is bad enough.

2. I did hear a lot of negative reviews on the complaints about the fair play points because obviously ppl will need to learn that irl stuff comes first before gaming and not knowing if it's their connection or the game sever instability. if any bad connections on the ppl's end, then they'll have to contact their ISP and see what's up. There's a saying that you have to play the game in a more stable connection. Any interference can effect your stay in the game.

and 3. It depends on how much coins you have. some of the 6k coin(s) unite licenses aren't that bad to spend on. Sylveon and Decidueye are probably like 10k coins (if i'm right) so if you have been saving up, then you're ok to spend coins. Some of the events and missions will give you a temporary unite licenses for them since they will not last however if you own them, they'll be converted into tickets or coins upon use. Another thing is that it's up to you decide what you want to get. for decidueye, the strengths are unknown so we won't know until thursday's (november 18 2021) reset which is 4PM PST and midnight UTC.

Last edited:

Karnine

Master Zoroark
reveal official trailer probly more balance nerf an buff soon since they revealed this 10k is to much it takes forever when you have friends in a high rank an no one in your same rank it's kinda lame I think

Last edited:

Icy-Snowflake

3. It depends on how much coins you have. some of the 6k coin(s) unite licenses aren't that bad to spend on. Sylveon and Decidueye are probably like 10k coins (if i'm right) so if you have been saving up, then you're ok to spend coins. Some of the events and missions will give you a temporary unite licenses for them since they will not last however if you own them, they'll be converted into tickets or coins upon use. Another thing is that it's up to you decide what you want to get. for decidueye, the strengths are unknown so we won't know until thursday's (november 18 2021) reset which is 4PM PST and midnight UTC.
Thanks for the reply! I've decided to wait and see Decidueye's battle style, and then choose between it and Wigglytuff.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I don't get why people go for central even though they have not called out that path and area. Every time i call out that i would go for central, they just follow me and kill steal the pokemon in the central area that would normally prevent me from reaching level 4-5 (or higher) at the beginning of the match. I don't know if reporting these kinds of players for harassment would help me even if i try to tell them to assist a single teammate on a certain lane or leave the area by retreating even if i tried to tell them to do that, they refuse to listen and i don't give them a praise for taking central area after the match.

I'm just fed up with these kinds of people not listening by going to central area that they never call out in the battle preparations because what they're doing is leaving 1 person in the lane handle on their own while reducing exp for myself or other ppl that claimed the central area.

Thanks for the reply! I've decided to wait and see Decidueye's battle style, and then choose between it and Wigglytuff.

It depends on ppl pick on between those 2 since you can't pick the same pokemon. once they have been picked, you can't pick them and you can't force these ppl to change.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
How so? normally i just keep calling out for central and head there at the beginning of the match, but when ppl don't call out a path, they just tend to go to central area / path and preventing me from evolving early. The opposing team on the other hand, when they have talonflame, and gengar, they tend to evolve early, but to me, it's not even fair when my teammates go to central if they didn't call it.

My Friend does have a point though. It's not fair to the person who called out central first, but when a teammate heads out central without calling out their paths, it's not even fair. All they do is steal wild pokemon from the central area / lane when they didn't even call out the central area / path in the battle preparations. Even if i try to tell them to retreat or assist a single pokemon in the lane, they refuse the leave and continue to steal the wild pokemon therefore preventing me or other players that called out central from evolving early with a reduced exp.

I don't even know if it's considered as harassment if these kinds of players keep following me or other players to central. All I know is that if this keeps up, then it's gonna be tough to take out the opposing pokemon if they evolve.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Yeah it sucks when you call central and one of your teammates (who didn't call a lane) suddenly decides to come take it in the first 10 seconds of the game, I hate it and personally consider the match nigh-unwinnable since it's not exactly hard to call a lane? But I'm easy-going, so if someone does that I head to whatever lane they're not in and hope to reclaim the jungle when the buffs re-spawn later. Yes, it feels like you're letting some douchebag win and you're not teaching them that they shouldn't steal jungle if they didn't claim central at the start, but these are 10min games and you're unlikely to run into them again - I'd rather take a win because they stole my jungle and I changed lane than lose by splitting experience by fighting over the central area.

I've played 2 CPU matches on mobile this week and I lost them both (good start I know) so it definitely looks like the game is an absolute mess right now, without even touching ranked. Lots of negativity on Reddit and YouTube which is disappointing but not surprising, but it's not like people's complaints are wrong. Season 2 has been a real disappointment so far with mediocre changes, nothing really new with the game aside from a new Battle Pass and I guess Decidueye coming next week? The balance changes did not do much (Ninetales buff was done incorrectly, Gardevoir is irrelevant since the high evolution level cripples her, Greedent was nerfed sufficiently I guess, was anyone else even changed?) so we're all just holding out hope Decidueye gives us a new patch that sorts out certain issues and we're semi-good to go. Matchmaking needed a big season update change and we didn't get it, so here's to hoping season 3 is the one.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
It's hard to consider the report as a harassment because that's what my friend is finding if they constantly follow me. Like i said everytime i tell them to retreat or assist a single pokemon in that lane, they just refuse to listen and continue to take central area because i know they're not the junglers. My guess it's these newcomers or kinds of ppl (or trollers) that are not listening.

If they added something that would prevent people from entering central when a person calls out that they're taking central in the battle preparations, then they wouldn't be going to central until after certain amount of time has passed like around 10~20 seconds have passed. not to mention that they should add a limit to these paths and area as well. like if 1 person calls out central, no one else should be taking central.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I guess for these 2 Pokemon, I'm really relying on people not being stupid and choosing Pelipper on a team with a fire type and vice versa
Or choose Torkoal on a team with a water type and vice versa

But either way, Pelipper is a really good way to absolutely shut down Cinderace and Charizard (and probably a few Pokemon I've created earlier)

Whilst Torkoal is a way to counter Pelipper and shut down Greninja and Blastoise (and probably a few Pokemon I've created earlier)

I also made 1 of their 2nd Special attacks reset their ability so that neither one gets too much power

But either way, what do you think? Is anything on them a bit too OP? Should I tone down how their abilities work? Should I change any of the moves?
I haven't actually talked about your new creations, and I'm very sorry for leaving it so late! I even have a creation of my own to share, which I'll get to in a bit. Anyway - weather is dope, and I love the concept a LOT. Pelipper / Torkoal having an ability which grants them an AoE "aura" that buffs allies (I'd ignore anything related to enemies to be honest) sounds incredible and I love it. Would it be impossible to balance? Yeah it would, but I'm here for concept alone and I really do genuinely love it. I'd personally make it this:
  • Drizzle - boosts the damage of Water moves, gives Water type Pokemon a small movement speed increase within the aura, makes certain moves a sure hit (like Pikachu's Electro Ball does) and boosts the number of times Thunder hits enemies?
  • Drought - boosts the damage of Fire moves and gives Fire type Pokemon increased critical hit chance/reduces the number of basic attacks required to use a boosted attack?
But this is just my opinion on the abilities; your idea works just as well (both would be OP and make balancing borderline impossible but I digress). The moves seem fine to me? Just some solid ideas right there, nicely done!

Anyway, here's my idea!
763.png
Tsareena - Melee All-Rounder, Intermediate Difficulty
Evolution:
761.png
-> (Level 4)
762.png
-> (Level 7)
763.png

Ability: Leaf Guard (grants Bounsweet / Steenee a small shield when affected by a status condition) -> Queenly Majesty (Tsareena takes reduced damage from enemy moves that dash, such as Flame Charge / Extreme Speed / Volt Switch / Dragon Rush)
Basic Attack: becomes a boosted attack with every third attack, dealing increased damage and shoving the target slightly
Special 1: Rapid Spin - the Pokemon spins in the designated direction, moving slowly at first but quickly speeding up, dealing damage and shoving any enemy Pokemon hit by the move. The user's movement speed is increased during and after the move's use for a short time. Upgrades at Level 4 into:
Low Sweep - the user sweeps its feet in the area in front of it, dealing damage to any enemy Pokemon caught in the radius and reducing their movement speed for a short time. Upgrades at Level 11 - the user's movement speed is increased for a short time after using this move.
Stomp - The user leaps forward and stomps on the target, throwing them up for a short time and lowering their Defense for a short time. Upgrades at Level 11 - increases the length of time the enemy Pokemon's Defense is lowered.
Special 2: Sweet Scent - The Pokemon releases an aura of pleasantness around itself, lowering the attack speed of enemy Pokemon caught in the aura and restoring the HP of the user for a small amount. Upgrades at Level 7 into:
Trop Kick - the user lunges forward and kicks the target, reducing either their Attack or Special Attack for a short time (whichever stat is highest) and making the user's next basic attack a boosted attack instead. Upgrades at Level 13 - the boosted attack gained from using this move will restore the user's HP.
Power Whip - the user strikes the area with an extended vine, shoving enemy Pokemon caught by the vine and stunning them for a short time if they make contact with an obstacle. If the enemy Pokemon is stunned in this way, the user restores some of its HP and gains a small shield. Upgrades at Level 13 - the size of the shield gained if an enemy Pokemon makes contact with an obstacle is increased.
Unite: Vindictive Beatdown - the user lunges at the target Pokemon, striking them with several aggressive kicks and reducing the amount of healing they receive for a short time. Unlocks at Level 9.

Here's Tsareena! I wanted a bruiser capable of de-buffing the target rather than buffing herself, with a focus on healing when her attacks are successful. Reasonably mobile, reasonable sustain with a few neat tricks (healing reduction, reducing damage taken when her hits are successful, stuns) but if her moves are on cooldown she's a pretty easy target to take down, and she's melee predominantly with only a couple of ways of getting to the target. My reasoning for making her is...

She's the Pokemon apparently coming after Decidueye? Datamining shows she's coming December 9th, and she'll be free if you log in within 6 days of her being released? Bit uncertain on that, and it is odd the next two Pokemon are Alolan Grass types, but eh. She has to be an All-Rounder, or a Speedster. She can't be an Attacker because she's melee, and I swear to god she's a Defender I'm gonna lose it. So here's to hoping eh?

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Actually there are predictions on tsareena's moves and it happened to be leaked, but needs more information to be confirmed and make it a official. I did hear that tsareena's release is on december.

It would've been nice if incineroar was in pokemon unite, but it's hard to pick out the moves it will have. the 2 possible moves as a candidate i would say darkest lariat and revenge.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Incineroar will come in time, it has a very clear concept behind it that I think could translate well into Pokemon Unite (like a cross between Charizard/Machamp) and as a starter it's reasonably popular. They've just got to balance out the popular options with the wild and wacky choices, such as Greedent or Mr. Mime.

Speaking of the datamine, apparently the upcoming two additions were part of a set of photos released on some official Pokemon Unite Facebook group? I don't know about the legitimacy of that, and whether the group is linked to the developers in any way, but it's uncanny that 2 of the 5 Pokemon shown on that page were put into the game (or are about to be). The other three Pokemon are...

Dragonite, Wobbuffet and Gallade

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Most likely that wobbuffet will be either defender or support since it doesn't attack, but to counter. The rest on the other hand, who knows.

I did hear a lot of people wanting primarina to be on pokemon unite, but it deserves to be in the game.

anyway speaking of starters, decidueye should be most likely to be released today on reset, but who knows. i could be right. Other people protested about decidueye's release date which is the same date as BD/SP. I may fear this will cause less players in pokemon unite on this case resulting less matchmaking.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Blaziken was also an option on that Facebook group, so there were actually 6 Pokemon not 5! I think all the additions make sense - Blaziken, Dragonite and Gallade are all pretty popular Pokemon (one's a starter, one's the original Dragon type, and Gallade just rocks) and Wobbuffet has the anime at least alongside a unique moveset they can pull inspiration from. I could see Blaziken as a Speedster, Dragonite as an All-Rounder, Gallade as an Attacker and Wobbuffet as a Supporter or Defender? I think that would be pretty cool actually, guess we'll watch the space.

Decidueye is coming within the next few hours, yep! I'm in the UK so I have about 6 hours left to wait I think, whilst other countries may be receiving it sooner based on timezones. It is an odd choice to release a Pokemon on the same day as BDSP rather than on the usual Wednesday slot - maybe they're hoping to catch players who won't be buying BDSP day one? I'm one of those players and I'll probably give the spooky boi a go on my day off tomorrow!

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I think They need to add a hold item presets in the game. I may get the feeling that most ppl and players may get sick and tired of switching and swapping hold items in terms of the variety results of the victory in the match or trying to find what's best for them or following the top player's or other people's hold items.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I got the unite license, but there's still pros and cons to decidueye though. If you're playing a sniper type with decidueye, then spirit shackle should do it. it also helps take out the retreating pokemon if you aim well with it and the opposing pokemon is weakened enough. You can't hold the charge like slowpoke's water gun and lucario's power-up punch.

Razor leaf on the other hand, well it increase your attack speed and basic atk so probably muscle band should go well with it.

Leaf storm should be good for close range pokemon.

Unite move on the other hand, you can do the same as spirit shackle, but if you're using to snipe, then you wanna hide and use it at the right timing. same with zapdos if you're gonna go after it. you can change direction of your aim when using the unite move.

Usually spirit shackle and the unite move should go well with venusaur's solar beam and unite move along with cinderace's unite move when it comes to zapdos.

Now I don't know much about the best hold items for decidueye though, but we'll have to wait a couple of days and weeks for it to get some analysis.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
So... Dragonite got datamined? According to this anyway: .

They are the main source for Tsareena and I believe Decidueye/Greedent being datamined, so they're seemingly legit! If you look on their Twitter page you'll see more, but if this is the case then that Facebook group I was on about is actually legitimate as well and we should expect Blaziken, Wobbuffet and Gallade to be coming soon! How freaky. Dragonite will be an All-Rounder according to that link - it makes sense given the lack of new All-Rounders being added to the game so far, and Dragonite's in-game stats support that playstyle. I would expect it to be another level 10 evolution though which is going to suck, so I don't think it'll be too good unless it is disgustingly OP or something.

Anyway, Decidueye is now out! I haven't logged into the game yet to try them out, but people's first impressions seem to think it's actually fairly well balanced. It's less mobile than Greninja or Cinderace so if it's caught out it'll die way quicker than they ever would, but it's got incredible sniping potential and when it gets going it can shred the enemy, so that's neat. Looking forward to playing them later on.

EDIT: I watched Krashy's videos on the character and it looks amazing! Not OP but really well designed, has some clear weaknesses but also a ton of strengths. Might be the first balanced release since Blissey (Gardevoir and Mamoswine were underpowered, Greedent, Blastoise and Sylveon were overpowered) which is neat. I'm very excited to try it out later!

Last edited:

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
The decidueye's moves are a little bit hard to work with. Usually razor leaf and shadow sneak are good combos when it comes to mobbing, but if it's sniping, then it's spirit shackle, but the other move is up to you either leaf storm or shadow sneak.

I think Shadow sneak and razor leaf should get you some kills, but it worked out for me.