• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon UNITE General Thread

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Have you guys noticed about scoring delays lately? it's been happening in matches recently and every time i score, it just gets canceled as if i got attacked or dragonite's outrage effect has ended. My guess it's a bug since i picked up some information and related posts to it (most likely reddit)

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I don't get why i find my matches aren't easy to win because i keep getting some bad teammates that are not cooperating, scrambling all over the area, and not sticking to their lanes at the beginning of the match like they're suppose to although i keep getting people that are going to central as if i called it out first and then they didn't call central without a mark.

I did see these new player reports although it's gonna be hard to find these type of players that are using a cheat device.

They changed the quick chat in the match though. it's just that we can't tell the team where we heading at.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Okay so apparently I was horrifically wrong on the Trevenant first impressions... it is apparently very underwhelming and not actually any good? May be the most "meh" character introduction we've had so far! I've not bought or played the character yet to give my own first impressions, and honestly I'm not entirely sure I will buy it if Aegislash is actually coming to the game in February. Who knows?

Also apparently there's a "returning players" reward thing going about right now only accessible if you don't play the game for 15+ days? I'm currently 10 days into that, so will wait until the 31st to confirm if this is true but if it is, you get a free character or their Aeos Coins equivalent (entirely your choice) amongst some welcome back missions that offer some reasonable rewards. The free characters are Decidueye, Tsareena, Sylveon, Garchomp, Lucario, Absol, Greninja and Gengar - two characters per role except for Supporters (I'd have added Wigglytuff and Mr. Mime there personally). I don't own Absol or Garchomp but I also don't want to own them, so I'll be picking Lucario and getting my free 10k Aeos Coins thank you very much! Then I'll have enough for the next hero, even though I haven't played the game much at all even before my 10 day absence. I just need some time off to commit to getting to Masters...

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Well every pokemon counts so you'll never know how useful they will be, but later on, they will be nerfed down

I did see some greedent players that would barge in to your side so you wanna get them out of your central side before they steal the wild pokemon on that side. you can use slow smoke if you have to, but some will carry eject button, potion, and x speed for that job. not only that, but they will get themselves in trouble so if they do so, then you wanna report them for deliberate self-ko or other, harassment, and disruptive behavior. These type of players shouldn't be allowed to do that otherwise they'll get reported for barging in and stealing wild pokemon from the opposing team's side. If i had to take a wild guess that would cause this mess, it would be their mobility and spamming tackle that would rush over to the opposing team's side on the central area even some speedsters would take advantage of this speed.

Not only greedent needs a overall nerf, but also tackle needs to be nerfed down such as longer cooldown and shorten the distance and mobility needs to be lowered.

Anyway just to share about what the patch changes did not cover and tell us.

for the quick chat change, you can change the quick chat for the match on the settings, but you can't change this during the match. It has to be on the lobby screen and not matchmaking

The other is friendship level. as you guys have or haven't noticed about the heart on the trainer's cards, that's friendship level. the more you play with your friends, the more friendship points you will earn. it shows proof that the players including yourself that you're playing together.

as for the player reports, deliberate self-ko, i did hear from my friend and said that it's only meant to be reported on players that would barge in to the opposing team's side and try to get themselves killed and not only that, but also feeding the other team some free exp even if they stand there or walk around in the area (as mentioned earlier). of course there's no move or attack that would normally get yourself killed (via SD)

Other, i don't know what that covers so i'm using it to go along with the disruptive behavior and harassment on players who steal central from me, refused listen, did not leave the area, and stealing wild pokemon.

Use of cheating device report, that's hard to tell which players are using the cheating device, but using this report should get the players banned from the game and match permanently.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Do you mean the enemy Greedent are stealing farm from your team's jungle? That's an actual strategy some of the top players are implementing and it's actually kind-of funky! Greedent has quite a bit of survivability and mobility at the cost of little damage and being more of an annoyance than an actual threat, so early on in the game Skwovet can Tackle its way into the enemy jungle and start taking some experience. It means the jungler ends up under-levelled and puts Greedent's team ahead for potential team fights, such as the 8:50 Combee/Vespiquen spawns or the first objective. It's an interesting way to play, I wouldn't call it harassment personally. Annoying to face especially in un-coordinated battles like solo queue tends to be, but it's a different way to play. Give it a go sometime!

If you meant your team's Greedent was rushing to the enemy jungle and being killed on repeat then yeah that's a bad player, but the concept remains the same. We've all had teammates like that, all you can do is report them and then move on.

Nice to see Slow Smoke being used more often as an item - seems the buff it received did it some good! Honestly all the battle items seem reasonably balanced now - Potion and X Speed could maybe see some buffs but there's a clear use for every other option now even if it's a bit niche (like Fluffy Tail / Goal Getter). I'd like to see them tackle the held items soon because there isn't a ton of variety out there I don't think? Buddy Barrier, Focus Band, Score Shield and Muscle Band could use a nerf for sure - they're the quintessential held items for all Pokemon except pure Special Attackers, and even then sometimes they don't run Wise Glasses since Muscle Band offers more damage. Rocky Helmet, Leftovers, Assault Vest, Float Stone, Aeos Cookie and Shell Bell see either zero or very limited play and need a buff, and I'd maybe buff Wise Glasses too a little bit? The rest are okay, a bit niche perhaps but usable - Energy Amplifier, Exp. Share and Weakness Policy could maybe use smaller buffs but nothing major.

Also there's been a small update on the whole "log in after being gone for 15+ days and get a free Unite License" thing... there's a new in-game event going on! The Chinese New Year event is offering players log-in bonuses for 1, 3, 5 and 7 days I think - limited time holowear / Unite Licenses and a new ribbon currency. You get 10 ribbons a week - 1 on day 1 log-in, 2 on day 3 log-in, 3 on day 5 log-in and 4 on day 7 log-in - for up to 40 ribbons after the event ends (since it's a 4 week long event). Why is this relevant? You spend the ribbons on either holowear/costumes, or Unite Licenses - 10 ribbons nabs you a holowear/costume, and 14 ribbons gets you a Pokemon of your choice or their Aeos Coin equivalent. This means you can skip a week and still log in every day for 3 weeks straight to get 2 free Pokemon or 3 costumes! Or a combination of the two. I'm not sure if the Pokemon options are limited like the returning player bonuses, because the costumes/holowear are limited from what I've seen online so maybe the Pokemon are too?

Either way for me this means I'm not logging in until February 1st - that completes my 15 day absence so I get a returning player mission which gives me 4000 Aeos Coins and a free Pokemon (or a free 10,000 Aeos Coins). Then I log in every day for the next 3 weeks and can then pick two Unite Licenses for free, or their Aeos Coin equivalent - only Pokemon I'd like to own at the moment are Charizard, Mr. Mime, Wigglytuff, Trevenant, Aegislash and Cramorant, so with a potential 34,000 Aeos Coins on top of the 6000 I already have... I can buy a lot of these characters and round out my roster! Then I might actually have incentive to play...

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Do you mean the enemy Greedent are stealing farm from your team's jungle? That's an actual strategy some of the top players are implementing and it's actually kind-of funky! Greedent has quite a bit of survivability and mobility at the cost of little damage and being more of an annoyance than an actual threat, so early on in the game Skwovet can Tackle its way into the enemy jungle and start taking some experience. It means the jungler ends up under-levelled and puts Greedent's team ahead for potential team fights, such as the 8:50 Combee/Vespiquen spawns or the first objective. It's an interesting way to play, I wouldn't call it harassment personally. Annoying to face especially in un-coordinated battles like solo queue tends to be, but it's a different way to play. Give it a go sometime!

If you meant your team's Greedent was rushing to the enemy jungle and being killed on repeat then yeah that's a bad player, but the concept remains the same. We've all had teammates like that, all you can do is report them and then move on.

Nice to see Slow Smoke being used more often as an item - seems the buff it received did it some good! Honestly all the battle items seem reasonably balanced now - Potion and X Speed could maybe see some buffs but there's a clear use for every other option now even if it's a bit niche (like Fluffy Tail / Goal Getter). I'd like to see them tackle the held items soon because there isn't a ton of variety out there I don't think? Buddy Barrier, Focus Band, Score Shield and Muscle Band could use a nerf for sure - they're the quintessential held items for all Pokemon except pure Special Attackers, and even then sometimes they don't run Wise Glasses since Muscle Band offers more damage. Rocky Helmet, Leftovers, Assault Vest, Float Stone, Aeos Cookie and Shell Bell see either zero or very limited play and need a buff, and I'd maybe buff Wise Glasses too a little bit? The rest are okay, a bit niche perhaps but usable - Energy Amplifier, Exp. Share and Weakness Policy could maybe use smaller buffs but nothing major.

Also there's been a small update on the whole "log in after being gone for 15+ days and get a free Unite License" thing... there's a new in-game event going on! The Chinese New Year event is offering players log-in bonuses for 1, 3, 5 and 7 days I think - limited time holowear / Unite Licenses and a new ribbon currency. You get 10 ribbons a week - 1 on day 1 log-in, 2 on day 3 log-in, 3 on day 5 log-in and 4 on day 7 log-in - for up to 40 ribbons after the event ends (since it's a 4 week long event). Why is this relevant? You spend the ribbons on either holowear/costumes, or Unite Licenses - 10 ribbons nabs you a holowear/costume, and 14 ribbons gets you a Pokemon of your choice or their Aeos Coin equivalent. This means you can skip a week and still log in every day for 3 weeks straight to get 2 free Pokemon or 3 costumes! Or a combination of the two. I'm not sure if the Pokemon options are limited like the returning player bonuses, because the costumes/holowear are limited from what I've seen online so maybe the Pokemon are too?

Either way for me this means I'm not logging in until February 1st - that completes my 15 day absence so I get a returning player mission which gives me 4000 Aeos Coins and a free Pokemon (or a free 10,000 Aeos Coins). Then I log in every day for the next 3 weeks and can then pick two Unite Licenses for free, or their Aeos Coin equivalent - only Pokemon I'd like to own at the moment are Charizard, Mr. Mime, Wigglytuff, Trevenant, Aegislash and Cramorant, so with a potential 34,000 Aeos Coins on top of the 6000 I already have... I can buy a lot of these characters and round out my roster! Then I might actually have incentive to play...

Yeah that's what i meant because obviously it can get annoying and gives the other team advantage on levels while keeping the opposing team's jungler underleveled. I would count it as a harassment and disruptive behavior because they can also steal the wild pokemon from you or the person that's playing the jungler and you have to use slow smoke on them and call for backup to ko the greedent that barged in to the other side. That's why greedent needs a nerf. they can't expect this to use this type of strategy as if there are smart players that would intercept greedent when they barge in to the other side.

speaking of slow smoke, yeah i did find it useful esp for wigglytuff's sing and for ninetale's freeze effect kick in.

as for the lunar new year event, the fashion and unite licenses are temporarily, but not sure if the ribbons we can exchange for are permanent.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I wonder what the "TTV-" thing on players' names means.
Quick search suggests they're part of a team. Supposedly amongst the better players it seems.
That, pretty much. They're the big tournament players and competitive players, possibly the best in the world. I believe the main team (Lutano, GoofGG, Zugrugg, Indiebear and Toon) came from Heroes of the Storm? They've won most of the tournaments I've heard about (usually through YouTubers) so they're good - people to watch out for at Worlds since I think Unite will be there now? That being said, a lot of random people seem to have TTV in their name anyway so either the organisation is bigger than I expected, or people are just adding TTV to their names to make themselves sound better than they are. I reckon it's the latter.

Yeah that's what i meant because obviously it can get annoying and gives the other team advantage on levels while keeping the opposing team's jungler underleveled. I would count it as a harassment and disruptive behavior because they can also steal the wild pokemon from you or the person that's playing the jungler and you have to use slow smoke on them and call for backup to ko the greedent that barged in to the other side. That's why greedent needs a nerf. they can't expect this to use this type of strategy as if there are smart players that would intercept greedent when they barge in to the other side.

speaking of slow smoke, yeah i did find it useful esp for wigglytuff's sing and for ninetale's freeze effect kick in.

as for the lunar new year event, the fashion and unite licenses are temporarily, but not sure if the ribbons we can exchange for are permanent.
Eh, guess we'll agree to disagree on Greedent - I think it is annoying to face off against but I also think it's a perfectly valid way to play, or at least it's different from the traditional way of laning and jungling. Spices things up a bit! Nightmare when you're a solo player but how often will you encounter this? Not too often I don't think.

From what I understand the ribbons buy you the full Unite License, but I'm not sure if there's a limited selection of Pokemon you can buy like the returning player rewards or whether you get free reign to pick what you like. Doesn't make any difference to me, I'll still take the 10,000 Aeos Coins since you'll presumably be able to buy a Pokemon of that cost (and I own most of them anyway). Definitely want Wigglytuff and Charizard, maybe Mr. Mime and of course Aegislash - should cost about 32,000 Aeos Coins? Leaves me with 8000 for the next Pokemon!

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I wonder what the "TTV-" thing on players' names means.

I did see a lot of ppl with similar names like that so yeah as amrod said they may be part of the team.

anyway if greedent players continue to do that, then they're gonna get themselves in trouble and not to mention holding their team back and putting their fair-play points at risk if they care about it.

I've only spent around 18k coins on both wigglytuff and trevenant after trevenant was released. i have a lot of coins since the christmas event so that's why i saved up a lot.

so lemme get this straight. the fashion and unite licenses are permanent if we buy with ribbons? i dunno cuz obviously there's not enough information to pick up and confirm it unless there's a proof of that information.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
so lemme get this straight. the fashion and unite licenses are permanent if we buy with ribbons? i dunno cuz obviously there's not enough information to pick up and confirm it unless there's a proof of that information.
Seems so, I'm not 100% certain but I am at least 90% certain (if that helps)? Apparently the boxes you get each week or on certain days offer limited time holowear/costumes/Unite Licenses and the ribbons net you them permanently. Which to me sounds like the Pokemon you get offered are limited since the holowear/costumes definitely are, but I don't know what Pokemon you would be offered anyway? Hopefully one worth 10,000 Aeos Coins so I can cash in and get some free coins!

I've decided to skip Trevenant for now on my list of things to-buy and instead focus on the next upcoming character + Wigglytuff for certain - I also really want the bedtime Wigglytuff holowear for like 1200 Aeos Gems and yes I will spend real money on it, it's too cute not to own! Might have to draw it as well... Wigglytuff is a Pokemon I tried out thanks to the free rotations, and I think it'd be a cool Pokemon to get me to Master rank if I wanted to push! Tanky, decent damage, nightmarish CC... I dig it.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Seems so, I'm not 100% certain but I am at least 90% certain (if that helps)? Apparently the boxes you get each week or on certain days offer limited time holowear/costumes/Unite Licenses and the ribbons net you them permanently. Which to me sounds like the Pokemon you get offered are limited since the holowear/costumes definitely are, but I don't know what Pokemon you would be offered anyway? Hopefully one worth 10,000 Aeos Coins so I can cash in and get some free coins!

I've decided to skip Trevenant for now on my list of things to-buy and instead focus on the next upcoming character + Wigglytuff for certain - I also really want the bedtime Wigglytuff holowear for like 1200 Aeos Gems and yes I will spend real money on it, it's too cute not to own! Might have to draw it as well... Wigglytuff is a Pokemon I tried out thanks to the free rotations, and I think it'd be a cool Pokemon to get me to Master rank if I wanted to push! Tanky, decent damage, nightmarish CC... I dig it.

well we won't know until we get there or pick up some more further information from reddit.

Every pokemon counts, but it also depends on if you're interested in playing as them so everything is all about interest and not to mention if you're good on coins or not so you wanna cap your coins for the week as much as possible

I'm starting to think that whenever i go central as wigglytuff, i get the ppl's questioning and ask why's wigglytuff jungling? i know it kind of feels weird for me to go to central that way.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
FKMOGsOXMAgRxZO

Okay this is pretty clever - the Pokemon Unite Twitter just posted this about 45 minutes ago and it looks like we're being shown our next additions to the roster! As you can see Dragonite and Trevenant are on there, and we have two new additions coming in February and another addition in March. Now we know the All Rounder for February is Aegislash but no clue who the new Supporter might be, and an Attacker in March who is also unknown but seems to have an eye focus? Who knows. The poster flying off in the bottom corners could also be telling - Speedsters maybe? Who knows!

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Well we won't know unless we get there or if the datamine shows some information.

our rankings will reset sooner or later so we'll be demoted back to veteran after that reset and for those that are ultra and master ranks.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I'm getting frustrated with the matches lately. it's just that i always get teamed up with newbies and bad teammates who don't cooperate and show any teamwork. they need to start fixing up the matchmaking cuz obviously similar and comparable skill level is just a plain lie to me and i always go up against ppl that are overpowered or playing as overpowered and overused pokemon like the speedsters and such.

Not only that i'm having problems with these types of players, but also ppl who refuse to surrender and not voting to surrender. they need to start changing the surrender votes to at least 2-3 greens if 1-2 reds and/or undecided votes and a force surrender if opposing team gets zapdos and scores therefore blocking the red votes because these people and players need to learn that there's no hope of winning, resistance is futile, and wasting time fighting, scoring, and other people's time too as well as feeding the opposing team the performance points if ranked.

I mean why bother scoring if you're just wasting time trying to fight and score if ppl doesn't help the teammates out and the opposing team play defensively after they claimed zapdos and scored?

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
I'm getting frustrated with the matches lately. it's just that i always get teamed up with newbies and bad teammates who don't cooperate and show any teamwork. they need to start fixing up the matchmaking cuz obviously similar and comparable skill level is just a plain lie to me and i always go up against ppl that are overpowered or playing as overpowered and overused pokemon like the speedsters and such.

Not only that i'm having problems with these types of players, but also ppl who refuse to surrender and not voting to surrender. they need to start changing the surrender votes to at least 2-3 greens if 1-2 reds and/or undecided votes and a force surrender if opposing team gets zapdos and scores therefore blocking the red votes because these people and players need to learn that there's no hope of winning, resistance is futile, and wasting time fighting, scoring, and other people's time too as well as feeding the opposing team the performance points if ranked.

I mean why bother scoring if you're just wasting time trying to fight and score if ppl doesn't help the teammates out and the opposing team play defensively after they claimed zapdos and scored?
On the subject of surrendering, other people may be trying to hit goals or just treat it as free practice. Or just enjoying the game regardless of the result. I never surrender because I don't see the point. There's nothing to be gained from doing it. You lose either way.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Well Standards, yes, but ranked matches are meant to be serious. you can't use ranked matches as their own personal free practice. when teammates are trying to score goals, the opposing team will play defensively after they claimed zapdos and scoring. they can't treat that kind of stuff as a free practice when the opposing team plays defensively otherwise they get piled on or overwhelmed by the opposing team and they're just wasting their energy on their defeats and giving them to the opposing team.

These type of matches are meant to be serious. if they want to practice, they have to do it on CPU matches or on the menu. it's not made for personal rocket science experiments (which my friend told me before and was taking her words very seriously).

If ranked matches, then what these types of players are doing is getting you and other teammates demoted and/or lose 100 performance points and feeding the winning team the performance points if they don't pull their own weight and burden together. if they wanna rank up, they gotta pull their weight and burden together, help out, and cooperate.

My friend had his matches easy for him than mine since most of his teammates he gets listens and cooperate, but my matches didn't find it easy since there's a lack of communications and cooperation going on.

plus losing won't get us much coins in standard and ranked. I fell behind on my coins this week because a lot of ppl that i've teamed up with in standard matches have been a burden to me assuming newbies and ppl not cooperating.

if people refuse to surrender and don't vote at all, then all they're doing is wasting other people's time for the rest of the 2min warning during the match after the opposing team claims zapdos and scores just to use the rest of the time as their own personal free practice.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
Except there's no hard and fast way to play this game. At no point does it say you have to play ranked a certain way. That it has to be serious from minute one to minute ten. At the two minute warning, if the game is unrecoverable, why not just play on for the sake of it? That's what sportsmanship is. Not just hitting the quit button.

If you want to play entirely seriously, get yourself a full team and just play with them. Since solo play obviously isn't good enough for you. Near enough every post you make is full of complaints about how others play. Including the strategy of stealing enemy pokemon. Which is a pretty good idea when pulled off.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Well The only thing i can do at this point and the moment is just wait for the updates and changes, see where it takes me, and have my feedback to be responded. i can always keep reporting some of these bad teammates and opposing team members as part of using my best judgement. that's all i can say for sure.

There was a reason why i asked about that strategy because i may suspect that people who use this strategy will get themselves in trouble if they value their fair-play points. at some point and/or later on, they will change this. I didn't ask how it was pulled off, but there may be some guesses to me that it could be tackle and berries on the central area. The other part is using the right hold items for the job.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Well yeah. if they don't have that, they can just use the map's pointer and put it on a teammate and say that they need backup. There's also "i need help" on the quick chat settings as well.

Whenever people use "i need help" or "i need backup" or an ally needs backup, they just come late as the ally try to hold off the opponents from scoring or never come at all. it's tough to juggle lanes.