• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon UNITE General Thread

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Well there are some reasons that you have to mix things up with your pokemon choice even your hold items. The results of your victory may vary by teammates and hold items. I'm just glad that my chances of winning as decidueye is much better than what i'm doing as venusaur.

I know there may be nerfs along the way so the results may be changed in the process.

What would've been nice to have is the hold item presets so we don't have to take our time and change our hold items in the match prep screen and the main menu.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
I prefer Decidueye to be a Spirit Shackle archer because Razor Leaf endangers its short life too much for my tastes. It's not like Greninja, who can safely try to escape close combat bouts most of the time.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Well Usually razor leaf helps with the crowds and dealing a lot of damage even with x attack. When i fight zapdos as decidueye, i just use razor leaf, shadow sneak, and x atk in that combination although upon dropping zapdos' health half and/or below, i use the unite move before my opponents can make the steal and/or attempt to backstab me.

It's a bit difficult to score after zapdos as decidueye due to low movement speed and shadow sneak doesn't increase movement speed that much and not to mention you're playing in the back lines when you're playing long ranged pokemon like decidueye so when you're scoring, it's best to stick with your teammates that are handling the front lines and/or standing on the goal zone.

I don't find razor leaf to be endangered. it's just that it's the only way to out damage your opponents that way while razor leaf is in the effect also to assist your teammates that way. Razor leaf is good for mid range targets.

Both unite move and spirit shackle are good for hitting your unsuspecting opponents without knowing where you are via hiding and stealing zapdos, drednaw, and rotom that way although what matters the most is your timing, but the downside part of the unite move is that your opponents may get in the way and take the hit while trying to steal zapdos, drednaw, rotom, and/or ko the lowest HP of your opponents as if they're covering them.

Ghyst

Rowlet Enthusiast
Soooooooo.... apparantly someone from ten cent decided it'd be a good idea to make full-fury battles every 2 weeks. So there's that...

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I may start to find that getting 1800 points in master rank is a grind right now. They should just increase the point values for master rank if it were to be getting all of these ranked match rewards and not to mention it's in terms of whether your teammates are holding you back or not and opponents overpowering your team so it's not that easy to get these rewards.

I just had one of the craziest match. during one of my previous matches, i killed the entire opposing team after zapdos so this blissey teammate saved me from my death so resulting in a 5 KO streak (or penta kill as we can say or in other words) also they surrendered in the process after i killed them all. I did have a video of it, but not on youtube and yeah, i was decidueye on that match.

These fashion tickets aren't gonna do us any good since we only use them when there's more of these energy based rewards at the fashion ticket exchange section of the shop. I can see why ppl are demanding a lot of customizations at this point since they're holding a lot of fashion tickets for exchange. Same with the holowear tickets as well if there's nothing interest that we can exchange.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
We just need or have to hope for some balancing changes and nerfs by the time duraludon comes out.

I did see the trailer, but i believe the mark should represent one of those gaze-like type moves whether it would be laser focus, leer, and glare. that's all i can make out from that icon from that wanted poster picture.

It did say that the release is around march 14-15, but most likely that we'll get duraludon's release at the reset since we're a day behind UTC since the time will be shifted on sunday (march 13). all resets will be 5PM PDT and 8PM EDT from that point so probably around march 14-15, we'll have duraludon by 5PM PDT and 8PM EDT which are the reset times.

Cradily17

The patch notes for the new update on March 14 are out:
https://www.pokemonunite.jp/ja/news/48/

Tsareena, Trevenant, Gengar, Alolan Ninetales and Decidueye were buffed.
Zeraora's Volt Switch was buffed.
Mr. Mime got a rework.
Aegislash got a bug fix.
Cramorant, Eldegoss, Greedent and Hoopa were nerfed.
Lucario's Close Combat was nerfed.
Slow Smoke has increased cooldown and a weakened effect.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
There's more to that, but here's one that my friend showed me. Here's the full patch notes

I'd say it's about time greedent gets a nerf. that'll put a stop to those rushing strategy.

We do have duraludon released on the reset which is 5PM PDT from this point on due to daylight savings time.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
What a peculiar patch - some good buffs, some good nerfs and some really bad nerfs! Will talk about the really bad first, which is Cramorant. Why was Cramorant nerfed? It's barely used, was never that oppressive even back when it got nerfed the first time and now it's going to be even worse. Poor lil bird, hopefully it seems some changes soon. The other nerfs all seem fine to me - Eldegoss and Hoopa were your only real healing choices so now there can be more variety amongst healers (let Blissey shine goddamnit!), Greedent was a nightmare for a lot of people and weakening its early game will help with early jungle rotations and the like whilst still keeping the mid-late game the same, Mr. Mime did stupid amounts of damage with Confusion so I'm glad that got nerfed (can't speak for the buffs it got, not sure if they're any good or not) and I'm always happy to see a Lucario nerf, they're still pretty damn strong! Slow Smoke also needed a nerf, so that's solid, although I'm curious to see if we all go back to Eject Button or if it still sees some decent use.

As for buffs, they actually targeted the right Pokemon for a change! Tsareena was struggling a little bit after her recent nerfs whilst Dragonite at least maintained a niche, so good to see her gain something. Gengar and Decidueye will appreciate their buffs but probably won't see a lot of use still, because their issues are by design rather than their damage output. Trevenant got a buff so people can remember that's in the game, which is dope? Alolan Ninetales actually got a buff that might help her (mobility and healing I believe with Aurora Veil) and Zeraora is, well, Zeraora - not sure if the buff was needed but it can't hurt to have?

Now the main reason I'm here is for datamining - the next character has been leaked (I think)? It is... Azumarill! An All-Rounder. Now that's a character I am actually fairly interested in, so we'll see on that front! The new battle pass looks decent as well, love the new Sylveon holowear!

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
No matter how many nerfs, you should always fear the 'cario.

Greedent needed the nerfs, but Tsareena definitely didn't need buffs because it's still too likely to win one-on-one duels.

Decidueye getting buffs for its Spirit Shackle make me happy.

...Oh, and the game apparently thinks I don't have space to download the update and shuts itself down on me.

Last edited:

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Perhaps he's right though. People will switch over to lucario after greedent was nerfed down, but by the time (or at the point) if they nerf lucario, his speed and quick attack will also be nerfed down, then it will put a stop to the rushing strategy even more (or as other people say the counter jungler strategy).

I don't see that many lucario players to pull off the same strategy as greedent except 1 player that i noticed and i was teamed up by his greedent teammate so my guess is that many lucario players are more of a scoring type than a rushing type which i also observed in my matches with them.

I believe there may be feedback on that strategy and saying that they want it stopped although that's just my guess.

I did hear reports that gengar's sludge bomb will also be buffed, but based on my observations, i never seen any gegnar players use sludge bomb since the last patch with gengar at this point although i didn't see any proof of that until i saw this patch note.

As for tsareena, i don't see much of her as a crowd control type if not using the right move set. I did use her before in a full-fury battle so the only move set i used was triple axel and grassy glide

Decidueye on the other hand, i don't use spirit shackle so that's why i use razor leaf and X attack together to get a lot of damage and attack speed in plus I was doing well with shadow sneak and razor leaf together since i can do drednaw, rotom, and zapdos fast, but normally i just solo them if my team was able to buy me enough time and holding the opponents from reaching them.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Is there an overlap between Greedent players and Lucario players? It would make some sense - Greedent does play more like an All-Rounder than a Defender - but they're still fairly distinct roles. Lucario's early game is the main issue though I suppose, where Quick Attack and Meteor Mash is a killer combination on a very well-rounded Pokemon before it then gets even better moves. Maybe nerfing those starting moves would bring Lucario into line? Then top lane could have some more variety going on in there - Machamp, Tsareena, Aegislash, Garchomp, Duraludon, Absol maybe?

I've not yet played or even downloaded the new patch but I've seen videos and things seem fairly interesting? Duraludon looks promising if maybe a little bit too strong (not much mobility or survivability though, so maybe it's balanced in that sense) with a ton of options for movesets which we haven't really seen in a while. Decidueye buffs seem to help but not fix the viability (it needs better mobility) and Tsareena is looking scary again for sure! Ninetales is also looking decent with the changes to Aurora Veil, but more time is needed to see how big a buff it actually was. Haven't seen much on Trevenant or Gengar which is a shame, were the buffs any good there? Who knows, not like either character has a ton of mains attached to it (shame really, Gengar is one of my favourite Pokemon ever).

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
You guys wanna be careful with this patch on the switch. I did hear reports that ppl said that there was a storage bug issue so for those of you guys that are playing on the switch, you'll have to archive the game first and then delete and re-download the game through eshop.

Duraludon is also bugged as well so the reports say that ppl have been getting kicked out of the match upon faving it and/or picking it so it's best to avoid using duraludon for the time being.

Just so you guys know that the patch on mobile and smart devices seems to work, but i haven't tested in a match yet.

If you guys hear and/or read any bugs and glitches issue, plz be sure to share and report them here so we can start avoiding them. If any possible solutions to the problem, that'll work too.

To answer the question, well It was my 1st experience to see both of them to do the rushing (or counter jungler) strategy although I don't see that many lucario players do that strategy. As I said most of them are scoring types rather than the rushing and/or counter jungler type. The question about greedent and lucario is a good one even though greedent is made for defending type and lucario is made for all-rounder although i don't see him as a speedster type so that's the catch. I think the specific reason for greedent being a defender type is that he heals a lot, but hard to ko without X attack, increased damage, and team work.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
If you guys are doing the zapdos achievement, here's my tips and advice.

It takes a well timed move and basic attack to make the final blow however if your teammates are holding the opponents and preventing them from getting zapdos, that would be your cue and time to solo zapdos while they're holding the opponents even if you can't get them to help you.

Decidueye works for this as long as you're using shadow sneak, razor leaf, and x attack for the job and using the unite move when ready works, but it's best used when you drop zapdos' health to 50% and below. If you're using spirit shackle, that may work if you're sniping from a distance although shadow sneak and razor leaf is my recommendation for this, but not needed and required based on your play style. If hold items for decidueye, i just used muscle band, scope lens, and buddy barrier if this helps you guys.

Just so you guys know that achievements don't count in a CPU match. It has to be random only.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
The multi-kill is the toughest part though because you need opponents converge on 1 location. I know mine was lucky enough to pull that off after zapdos with blissey support.

I suppose i can give custom battle a try if it helps.

Prince Amrod

Dragon Tamer
The multi-kill is the toughest part though because you need opponents converge on 1 location. I know mine was lucky enough to pull that off after zapdos with blissey support.

I suppose i can give custom battle a try if it helps.
It is a bit frustrating how they measure the multi kill one... If it weren't for that requirement of it being in a short space of time I'd have had the 5 in a row cleared by now. Had multiple matches where I've cleared double figures of opponents before dying. Sadly, that doesn't count. Still, achievements aren't time restricted so no rush.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I don't think the custom matches work for achievements. I had a friend did some test runs and it doesn't count for him.

Yeah the multi-kill achievements is always a tough one especially the penta-kill achievement. Having someone who can play as blissey with softboiled and helping hand support can help increase this chance.