• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon UNITE General Thread

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I do appreciate that the developers send off these surveys for us to do, since oftentimes they do actually lead to change! I've found the questions often don't let you critique the game too much though, especially from my perspective where the game isn't incredible but not awful either so it sits in that murky grey area (usually on the more positive end) which just doesn't provide me opportunities to request changes. That being said, I'm not sure what I'd even ask for?

I want a new map or several - Remoat Stadium is so repetitive and unexciting! I like Auroma Park and Shivre City but they all play pretty similarly to one another I think, the gimmicks aren't that different? Kill boss -> something happens that benefits your team or is a detriment to the enemy team. I played Heroes of the Storm a reasonable amount during my teenage years and that game had some awesome maps that actually did different things? I loved Tomb of the Spider Queen, Cursed Hollow, Dragon Shire, Blackheart's Bay and Sky Temple! A lot of those maps encouraged team fights to secure an area or a method of victory that Unite could pull off just as well. Map diversity and objective diversity encouraged different team compositions - Sky Temple was a huge map from what I recall which encouraged more mobile characters who could cover that distance quickly and easily, whilst Tomb of the Spider Queen for example was a smaller map where you won with small point dunks and an assisted push with a bigger mini-boss which encouraged stronger laning characters over junglers or assassins. Unite could really use that sort of diversity!

Fix matchmaking - that is all really, we'll be going on about this for the rest of the game's lifespan and is contributing to why it might be dying down a bit. Matches are more fun when things are as equal as possible! Nobody wants to carry a team of newbies, and nobody wants to spend the match being slaughtered on repeat by a dominant team either.

Balance patches - Buddy Barrier and Score Shield needed the nerf but now it's becoming apparent that this has led to a metagame where burst is what is required. If you die quickly or don't kill quickly enough you just aren't very effective, made worse by the experience bug for evolving Pokemon. I suspect the developers weren't sure how the metagame would go once they nerfed these items so I'm expecting some nerfs and buffs either on the 6th (which is when we're getting the experience bug fixed) or maybe around the next revealed Pokemon. I've not played the game yet this season so can't speak for what is or isn't OP (except Azumarill, they need to buff my blue rabbit boi) but it's looking like Gengar, Absol and Greninja are the main culprits with Lucario / Hoopa not feeling their nerfs at all. I think a tweak to Score Shield so it is still usable (20 second cooldown is a bit too long) and some buffs to other held items (Rocky Helmet, Leftovers, Assault Vest, Float Stone and Shell Bell in particular) wouldn't go amiss? Beyond that it's just a case of wait and see.

Less mediocre missions, more fun events - seems we get a random event or two constantly where they just peddle more random currency to spend on Aeos Tickets, Aeos Coins, random stickers and maybe a holowear that's either decent or meh. I think bigger events that are less spammy all the time would be a good shout, maybe avoid setting missions requiring you to play ranked or with friends because not everyone wants to do either of those (plus you're likely to encourage bad players into ranked)? I like the current event going on now with the Trevenant / Eldegoss holowear, the musical event from the previous season was neat and the big seasonal events are cool especially if they offer the chance to buy the Pokemon with their random currency (like Greedent during Halloween). Would've been cool if you could buy Azumarill or Wigglytuff with mission currency during the Easter event! Plus I like being able to buy decent holowear without spending money or those weird green ticket things you so rarely get - the Wiggly one was great, I like the Eldegoss one in this event and the Masquerade stuff from the musical event was neat? I just want more of that without the mediocre filler events in-between clogging up my mission table.

New Speedsters / Supporters, more Bug types, more Unova - we're lacking in all these areas pretty much! I have Pokemon I personally would love to see in Unite like Flygon, Scizor, Reuniclus and Chesnaught (now Delphox has been leaked) but we have one Unova Pokemon who is also our only Bug type (that being Crustle)! Plus no new Speedster since Zeraora which was technically a free Pokemon you got for playing the game when it first came out so doesn't really count? Supporters you could argue are fine, we've had two new ones and all 5 see play here and there but it's such a diverse role and I'd like to see some new inclusions for it to get more people playing Supporters. I mean support comes not just from healing, Wiggly/Mr. Mime show that CC and things like walls can be considered supporting - what about entry hazards (Stealth Rock got turned offensive, but Spikes/Toxic Spikes don't necessarily have to be), actual buff moves, weather, terrain, status moves, etc.? Lots of opportunities there!

Ghyst

Rowlet Enthusiast
I do appreciate that the developers send off these surveys for us to do, since oftentimes they do actually lead to change! I've found the questions often don't let you critique the game too much though, especially from my perspective where the game isn't incredible but not awful either so it sits in that murky grey area (usually on the more positive end) which just doesn't provide me opportunities to request changes. That being said, I'm not sure what I'd even ask for?

I want a new map or several - Remoat Stadium is so repetitive and unexciting! I like Auroma Park and Shivre City but they all play pretty similarly to one another I think, the gimmicks aren't that different? Kill boss -> something happens that benefits your team or is a detriment to the enemy team. I played Heroes of the Storm a reasonable amount during my teenage years and that game had some awesome maps that actually did different things? I loved Tomb of the Spider Queen, Cursed Hollow, Dragon Shire, Blackheart's Bay and Sky Temple! A lot of those maps encouraged team fights to secure an area or a method of victory that Unite could pull off just as well. Map diversity and objective diversity encouraged different team compositions - Sky Temple was a huge map from what I recall which encouraged more mobile characters who could cover that distance quickly and easily, whilst Tomb of the Spider Queen for example was a smaller map where you won with small point dunks and an assisted push with a bigger mini-boss which encouraged stronger laning characters over junglers or assassins. Unite could really use that sort of diversity!

Fix matchmaking - that is all really, we'll be going on about this for the rest of the game's lifespan and is contributing to why it might be dying down a bit. Matches are more fun when things are as equal as possible! Nobody wants to carry a team of newbies, and nobody wants to spend the match being slaughtered on repeat by a dominant team either.

Balance patches - Buddy Barrier and Score Shield needed the nerf but now it's becoming apparent that this has led to a metagame where burst is what is required. If you die quickly or don't kill quickly enough you just aren't very effective, made worse by the experience bug for evolving Pokemon. I suspect the developers weren't sure how the metagame would go once they nerfed these items so I'm expecting some nerfs and buffs either on the 6th (which is when we're getting the experience bug fixed) or maybe around the next revealed Pokemon. I've not played the game yet this season so can't speak for what is or isn't OP (except Azumarill, they need to buff my blue rabbit boi) but it's looking like Gengar, Absol and Greninja are the main culprits with Lucario / Hoopa not feeling their nerfs at all. I think a tweak to Score Shield so it is still usable (20 second cooldown is a bit too long) and some buffs to other held items (Rocky Helmet, Leftovers, Assault Vest, Float Stone and Shell Bell in particular) wouldn't go amiss? Beyond that it's just a case of wait and see.

Less mediocre missions, more fun events - seems we get a random event or two constantly where they just peddle more random currency to spend on Aeos Tickets, Aeos Coins, random stickers and maybe a holowear that's either decent or meh. I think bigger events that are less spammy all the time would be a good shout, maybe avoid setting missions requiring you to play ranked or with friends because not everyone wants to do either of those (plus you're likely to encourage bad players into ranked)? I like the current event going on now with the Trevenant / Eldegoss holowear, the musical event from the previous season was neat and the big seasonal events are cool especially if they offer the chance to buy the Pokemon with their random currency (like Greedent during Halloween). Would've been cool if you could buy Azumarill or Wigglytuff with mission currency during the Easter event! Plus I like being able to buy decent holowear without spending money or those weird green ticket things you so rarely get - the Wiggly one was great, I like the Eldegoss one in this event and the Masquerade stuff from the musical event was neat? I just want more of that without the mediocre filler events in-between clogging up my mission table.

New Speedsters / Supporters, more Bug types, more Unova - we're lacking in all these areas pretty much! I have Pokemon I personally would love to see in Unite like Flygon, Scizor, Reuniclus and Chesnaught (now Delphox has been leaked) but we have one Unova Pokemon who is also our only Bug type (that being Crustle)! Plus no new Speedster since Zeraora which was technically a free Pokemon you got for playing the game when it first came out so doesn't really count? Supporters you could argue are fine, we've had two new ones and all 5 see play here and there but it's such a diverse role and I'd like to see some new inclusions for it to get more people playing Supporters. I mean support comes not just from healing, Wiggly/Mr. Mime show that CC and things like walls can be considered supporting - what about entry hazards (Stealth Rock got turned offensive, but Spikes/Toxic Spikes don't necessarily have to be), actual buff moves, weather, terrain, status moves, etc.? Lots of opportunities there!
Well according to a well known dataminer, ElChicoEevee, a new game mode will be coming soon that allows us to transform into caught pokemon? Sounds interesting tho

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I may have to agree with Ishiftyounot's post even though i feel his pain about what's going on with the game.

Here's the point what i'm getting.

First of all is the matchmaking, Yeah we all need that the matchmaking needs to be fixed. I don't like to be dealing with newbies, lowest ranked players, and those who don't cooperate. Ranked matches, there needs be a trainer level and hold item level requirements for each rank because i see ppl who get carried to master rank as if they're not contributing anything to help the team out which results putting their weight and burden on us. The other is that we can't expect encounter friends as opponents even in ranked matches since this will hold each other back if went up against each other. Of course other ppl even the reviews from the app store say that the matchmaking needs fixing. We need a fair match not playing with newbies, lowest ranked players, and those who don't cooperate against some overpowered opponents and opponents who constantly follow and ko.

and lastly, the balance changes, I agree with those balances changes, but there are other pokemon that remained a threat such as Aegislash, Greninja, Charizard, Absol, Zeraora, Gengar, Talonflame, Hoopa, Garchomp, Greedent, Trevenant, Crustle, Blastoise, and Wigglytuff. Aegislash's scared sword radius needs to be lowered. Greninja's overall power needs to be nerfed and smokescreen duration needs to be lowered. Absol's overall power and crit rate needs to be lowered although in addition to crit rate, make it not stack with scope lens and razor claw. Gengar needs to be reverted back the way it was before because it was mistake to buff it and unite move power needs to be lowered. Talonflame's flying over obstacles needs to be removed and at least get hit by thunder and hurricane while flying (if that's gonna be the case), Trevenant's recovery from horn leech needs to be lowered and unite move cooldown needs to be increased. Charizard's unite move power needs to be lowered. Zeraora's Wild charge needs a change such as make it become targetable. Greedent's HP, attack, defense, bullet seed, belch, and recovery from dropped berries needs to be lowered. Wigglytuff and Crustle's shield needs to be lowered. Charizard's Unite move power needs to be lowered. Hoopa's unite move needs to be restricted to be used near or at certain distance from the opponent's goal zone except own team's goal zone. Garchomp's time on boosted attack needs to be lowered or remove boosted attack after koing an opponent. Blastoise on the other hand, it's the unite move power that needs to be lowered. Hold items on the other hand, yeah, Buddy Barrier and Score shield needs to be nerfed even more. Score shields needs to be on longer cooldown or at least put in a 1 min cooldown for scoring with low energy.

The other change we needed is the holowears and Fashion. These tickets aren't goona do anything for us while it's sitting there and waiting to be spent on and there needs to be more energy rewards for holowears and fashion. Holowears, well these holowears look good. It's just that we need holowears to spend tickets on. Fashion on the other hand, we're hoarding over 1k or more tickets.

also the last changes we needed are Surrender votes and Player reports and penalties. Surrender votes need to be reduce to 3 green votes if there's 1-2 red and no votes at all and block surrender button if the team is in the lead. I just don't like ppl who waste other ppl's time trying to fight to the bitter end and resist also ppl surrendering to CPU matches which is embarrassing to other players. They need to learn that they have no hopes of winning after the opponents claim zapdos and scored. Penalties on the other hand needs to be more harsh and we need a notification whether these player reports have been fulfilled or not. I've been reporting a lot of bad and harsh players lately for what they did aside from idling / afk, harassment, and inappropriate trainer name. Their fair-play points are still intact no matter how many times I report these players.

Anyway as for the new mode, I did hear about it though. According to my friend, it's the catch mode.

Ghyst

Rowlet Enthusiast
I am agreeing with both of you
I may have to agree with Ishiftyounot's post even though i feel his pain about what's going on with the game.

Here's the point what i'm getting.

First of all is the matchmaking, Yeah we all need that the matchmaking needs to be fixed. I don't like to be dealing with newbies, lowest ranked players, and those who don't cooperate. Ranked matches, there needs be a trainer level and hold item level requirements for each rank because i see ppl who get carried to master rank as if they're not contributing anything to help the team out which results putting their weight and burden on us. The other is that we can't expect encounter friends as opponents even in ranked matches since this will hold each other back if went up against each other. Of course other ppl even the reviews from the app store say that the matchmaking needs fixing. We need a fair match not playing with newbies, lowest ranked players, and those who don't cooperate against some overpowered opponents and opponents who constantly follow and ko.

and lastly, the balance changes, I agree with those balances changes, but there are other pokemon that remained a threat such as Aegislash, Greninja, Charizard, Absol, Zeraora, Gengar, Talonflame, Hoopa, Garchomp, Greedent, Trevenant, Crustle, Blastoise, and Wigglytuff. Aegislash's scared sword radius needs to be lowered. Greninja's overall power needs to be nerfed and smokescreen duration needs to be lowered. Absol's overall power and crit rate needs to be lowered although in addition to crit rate, make it not stack with scope lens and razor claw. Gengar needs to be reverted back the way it was before because it was mistake to buff it and unite move power needs to be lowered. Talonflame's flying over obstacles needs to be removed and at least get hit by thunder and hurricane while flying (if that's gonna be the case), Trevenant's recovery from horn leech needs to be lowered and unite move cooldown needs to be increased. Charizard's unite move power needs to be lowered. Zeraora's Wild charge needs a change such as make it become targetable. Greedent's HP, attack, defense, bullet seed, belch, and recovery from dropped berries needs to be lowered. Wigglytuff and Crustle's shield needs to be lowered. Charizard's Unite move power needs to be lowered. Hoopa's unite move needs to be restricted to be used near or at certain distance from the opponent's goal zone except own team's goal zone. Garchomp's time on boosted attack needs to be lowered or remove boosted attack after koing an opponent. Blastoise on the other hand, it's the unite move power that needs to be lowered. Hold items on the other hand, yeah, Buddy Barrier and Score shield needs to be nerfed even more. Score shields needs to be on longer cooldown or at least put in a 1 min cooldown for scoring with low energy.

The other change we needed is the holowears and Fashion. These tickets aren't goona do anything for us while it's sitting there and waiting to be spent on and there needs to be more energy rewards for holowears and fashion. Holowears, well these holowears look good. It's just that we need holowears to spend tickets on. Fashion on the other hand, we're hoarding over 1k or more tickets.

also the last changes we needed are Surrender votes and Player reports and penalties. Surrender votes need to be reduce to 3 green votes if there's 1-2 red and no votes at all and block surrender button if the team is in the lead. I just don't like ppl who waste other ppl's time trying to fight to the bitter end and resist also ppl surrendering to CPU matches which is embarrassing to other players. They need to learn that they have no hopes of winning after the opponents claim zapdos and scored. Penalties on the other hand needs to be more harsh and we need a notification whether these player reports have been fulfilled or not. I've been reporting a lot of bad and harsh players lately for what they did aside from idling / afk, harassment, and inappropriate trainer name. Their fair-play points are still intact no matter how many times I report these players.

Anyway as for the new mode, I did hear about it though. According to my friend, it's the catch mode.
I do think we need more buffs to underappreciated items and more nerfs to op characters (looking at you hoopa).

Anyway new game mode means imma kill you all with regigigas

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Imma kill y'all as Zapdos.
I'm gonna spend all game in top lane as Zapdos and never rotate to objectives.

Honestly I completely forgot about this! Energy rewards suck, but the repeats give you fashion tickets which you can spend on... absolutely nothing. I'd love to see them change it so you got more holowear tickets to spend on holowear, even better if they add better holowear options for them! Heck they should let you buy all the holowear with these tickets, make it like how you can buy Unite Licenses with Aeos Coins or Aeos Gems.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I did mention on the feedback that there needs to be a limit on set paths menu since ppl have been fighting over central and was being persistent and stubborn about it and then after numerous spams of retreat and please let me level up first, they just refuse to listen and leave the area.

ShadowForce720

Seems like Espeon is the next playable Pokémon to be added. What’s nice about this is it opens the door for branch evolutions and/or regional variants that evolve from the the standard forms of their prevolution to be added.

Basically it means that the following Pokémon could potentially be added in the future:

Raichu
Alolan Raichu
Slowking
Gallade
Vaporeon
Jolteon
Flareon
Umbreon
Leafeon
Glaceon
Hisuian Decidueye

Note: I’m not saying that these Pokémon definitely will become playable mons in the future, merely that it is now a more plausible possibility.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
It looks like espeon can be obtained for free on this next event. at least that'll save us some coins. Delphox is not until next month as we all know. i've been hoarding these coins for the new pokemon to release in the shop.

We need to start hoping for these balances, changes, and nerfs these days. They have to start listening to the player's feedback and taking the negative reviews more seriously. I don't see why they're not responding to the feedbacks the negative reviews.

All I know is that when they release new pokemon, they tend to get overpowered. The other part is that they buff old pokemon as well and that last buff on gengar was a mistake to make.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I dunno if they're gonna make any balances and nerfs by the time espeon releases. Duraludon is on the nerf list right now. It's just that the flash cannon is keeping opponents from scoring with that amount of attack radius.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Do we actually know if Espeon is free in Unite? I know the datamine shows it doesn't currently have an Aeos Coins cost and can only be bought with Aeos Gems, but I don't recall seeing an event where it could be given out for free? Either way it looks pretty neat and a fine addition to my current roster! That being said I really need to actually play some matches, haven't played a single one this season so far... Wonder if we get a balance patch with the Espeon update? I'm not sure what needs nerfs or buffs really, not to say the game is balanced but I think we just need a bit more time to see how things settle down.

Has anyone seen one of Spragel's latest videos on double jungling with Sylveon / Ninetales? I actually quite like how that works, it seemed like a neat concept that won some tournaments pretty recently! Everyone said Sylveon was weak and needed buffs and bam! It's winning tournaments, funny how that works. But I think if I ever do duo queue with folks that could be a cool strategy to try, although you'd run the risk that other players think the jungle is free to take since two people are in there.

Anyway I've been logging in every day for the current event because I really want the Eldegoss holowear, but I don't think I can buy it for another 6 days? Bit of a pain but what can you do.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
i've been hoarding too much coins lately so I thought about getting all the unite licenses at this point after espeon releases since it's gonna be free to obtain like zeraora, hoopa, and tsareena so probably this will allow me to get the unite license achievement.

Anyway as for the the achievements, I don't get charizard's achievement at all. I was supposed to use a basic attack after using flamethrower so I dunno what i'm doing wrong so i'm just using flamethrower and then hit the opponents with basic attack after. I know i'm suppose to burn enough opponents with flamethrower and hit'em with basic attack to make it count so i don't know any other way or alternatives to this.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Do we actually know if Espeon is free in Unite?

To answer my own question... we now know Espeon is free in Pokemon Unite! Albeit temporarily, so it will follow in a similar vein to Greedent and Hoopa. Guess I'll get back into playing Unite from the 16th onwards since I regret not partaking in the Hoopa event and getting that lad for free, but c'est la vie.

I can go at a Holowear ticket spree at any moment thanks to exploiting the weekend's triple BP boost.
How so?

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Well you're gonna have to start doing missions and participate the events more often. I've been very active in the game so it's not like i'll miss out everything. If you missed hoopa, well who knows that if he will be obtainable again like zeraora does when the mobile version was released.

I'm starting to think that they need to ban idle / afk players from the matches permanently. These type of players are responsible for holding the team back and they shouldn't be coming back to the matches. whatever excuse they have such as disconnecting and pressing the home button on purpose, it's unacceptable. They can't just do matches with low battery if they're not playing by the dock or USB cable (switch) or AC adapter (both switch and mobile) and unstable internet connection. they should know that the game is highly recommended to be played with a stable internet connection and the device's battery being charged.