• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon UNITE General Thread

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I haven't played this game in well over a year now, but a few videos popped up on YouTube for me and now I'm low-key hooked again! I have a new Switch so will probably start a new profile, does anyone have any recommended videos / guides for getting back into the game? Last time I played Zapdos was still the final objective and now it's Rayquaza, that's how long it's been for me. I'll probably be very rusty haha

I haven't played this game in well over a year now, but a few videos popped up on YouTube for me and now I'm low-key hooked again! I have a new Switch so will probably start a new profile, does anyone have any recommended videos / guides for getting back into the game? Last time I played Zapdos was still the final objective and now it's Rayquaza, that's how long it's been for me. I'll probably be very rusty haha
I haven't played since December 2021, when Decidueye was the newest Pokemon in the game

I'm probably not planning on playing this game in the future unless the complaints I've had with this game are fixed (Which I don't think is really possible due to how Free-to-Play MMOs work)

I still at least see what new Pokemon are being added, though I never see what sort of set and use they'd have

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I haven't played since December 2021, when Decidueye was the newest Pokemon in the game

I'm probably not planning on playing this game in the future unless the complaints I've had with this game are fixed (Which I don't think is really possible due to how Free-to-Play MMOs work)

I still at least see what new Pokemon are being added, though I never see what sort of set and use they'd have
And to think we were the most excited about the game when it came out! We used to design Pokemon builds for the game. Wonder how many of them have now made it in? I remember doing Chandelure...

I've not played since they added emblems, which I do not understand whatsoever. New map seems cool but again, could use a guide on how everything all works now. I suspect I may regret restarting completely on my new Switch as I won't have powered up held items or many Pokemon available, but it feels right to start anew so I'll take the L there. I'm probably not going to go hardcore this time like I did in season 1 as I don't need the stress levels (is matchmaking still bad? Probably) and I just want to have fun with a friend (if I can convince them to join me), but we'll see.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Here is some leaked Game Footage of Inteleon and Blaziken

Blazikenwill undoubtedly be more OP and Broken but Inteleon's play style looks very interesting to use and it's Unite Move actually looks somewhat busted lol

What's everyone's thoughts on these?

Some Advantages and Drawbacks:

Inteleon Advantages: Invisibility, 100% Crit Hits, Mobility, Unite let's you see Invisible Opponents (including Sableye) while always landing Crit Hits.

Blaziken Advantages: Just about EVERYTHING

Inteleon Drawbacks:
Snipe Shot looks pretty slow to charge up, Attacks seem Weak if the Crit Gauge is empty, Crit Gauge itself looks pretty slow to regenerate, Probably will be the most Squishy Mon to date

Blaziken Drawbacks: I dunno. Might be Squishy?

Last edited:
And to think we were the most excited about the game when it came out! We used to design Pokemon builds for the game. Wonder how many of them have now made it in? I remember doing Chandelure...

I've not played since they added emblems, which I do not understand whatsoever. New map seems cool but again, could use a guide on how everything all works now. I suspect I may regret restarting completely on my new Switch as I won't have powered up held items or many Pokemon available, but it feels right to start anew so I'll take the L there. I'm probably not going to go hardcore this time like I did in season 1 as I don't need the stress levels (is matchmaking still bad? Probably) and I just want to have fun with a friend (if I can convince them to join me), but we'll see.
Yeah, I remember making Pokemon builds for Decidueye, Dragonite, Tyranitar, Sableye, Aegislash, and Dragapult

and in all honesty, if I were to ever go back to the game, it'll probably be so different that I don't even recognize it from the game I played in 2021

EDIT: I found the Google Sheet where I made all the Pokemon ideas (I'll share it here):

Last edited:

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I guess that explains why you were offline the whole time. It may take some time to refresh your skills. I still have you on my friend list, but if you want us to add your new account, let us know whether you can post your trainer ID here or from uniteapi.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
I have officially returned to the game! My Trainer ID is in my signature for those that want it, feel free to add me - you never know, I may even join in some non-solo games if people are done for that once my account is more established. I'm Level 4 and have done... 2 standard matches + one of those Eevee quick matches? Eldegoss is my "starter" of choice so that's neat, also got the free Slowbro and tomorrow will have Alolan Ninetales and Venusaur as well!

I did have some initial concerns about starting again as I really hate the idea of just losing repeatedly due to my held items / emblems being low level or not even obtained yet, but it seems as though that's actually not too big a deal. I already have 11,000 Aeos Coins to buy another character at some point if I so choose, and I'm saving my Aeos Tickets because I think you buy the held items with them (might be the coins, if so... oh well). Plus the Zeraora mission and the Super Enhancements mission are also available for me to do still, so I can get 3 items to level 30 AND Zeraora for free? That's really cool. Feeling much more optimistic about starting!

I'm thinking I'm going to be a Supporter main going forward, even though in solo queue that's probably masochism. I just like healing people I guess, and I like the options I have. I'll make sure to have a lane tank, jungler and a lane attacker available as well in case a healer isn't needed or one of those spaces does need filling, but that's chill. Exciting stuff!

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I have officially returned to the game! My Trainer ID is in my signature for those that want it, feel free to add me - you never know, I may even join in some non-solo games if people are done for that once my account is more established. I'm Level 4 and have done... 2 standard matches + one of those Eevee quick matches? Eldegoss is my "starter" of choice so that's neat, also got the free Slowbro and tomorrow will have Alolan Ninetales and Venusaur as well!

I did have some initial concerns about starting again as I really hate the idea of just losing repeatedly due to my held items / emblems being low level or not even obtained yet, but it seems as though that's actually not too big a deal. I already have 11,000 Aeos Coins to buy another character at some point if I so choose, and I'm saving my Aeos Tickets because I think you buy the held items with them (might be the coins, if so... oh well). Plus the Zeraora mission and the Super Enhancements mission are also available for me to do still, so I can get 3 items to level 30 AND Zeraora for free? That's really cool. Feeling much more optimistic about starting!

I'm thinking I'm going to be a Supporter main going forward, even though in solo queue that's probably masochism. I just like healing people I guess, and I like the options I have. I'll make sure to have a lane tank, jungler and a lane attacker available as well in case a healer isn't needed or one of those spaces does need filling, but that's chill. Exciting stuff!

Emblems aren't that easy to upgrade. they cost 100 coins per upgrade regardless of succeeding and failing the upgrade.

I don't see that much people play support, but if it helps recommending a support, try comfey. comfey lacks a lot of dmg, but their assistance will help rather than KOing an opponent. The only things i know how to play as comfey is that you can detach by pressing the return to base button and if you want to attach to someone, it has to be specific move like synthesis and floral healing. if the person you attached to gets KO'd, you'll be automatically detached from that person and you have to find a nearby person or try to escape from your opponents. Hold item wise, well I use buddy barrier, exp share, and rescue hood and you can also follow the top players hold item sets if it helps. emblem wise. well It's best to have a cooldown build which is a set of green and black with mewtwo or mew emblem, celebi emblem works if you're able to acquire it. Moves, I use magical leaf and floral healing

The licenses you've missed so far can be acquired by coins, but it's not easy to buy them in terms of the costs being expensive and very absurd too since we can only get 2100 coins per week.

If you need to catch up, i would say use 2x battle points and coin cards. whichever duration you have, you can use them

To fill you in on the current condition of the game, well i know instability is one of them since it's been getting laggy lately so most likely it's on the game's server. usually when it comes to standard and ranked matches, it remained unchanged except new pokemon being released although there are still uncooperative teammates and overpowered opponents so it's not easy to deal with them even when you're playing support type pokemon.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Emblems aren't that easy to upgrade. they cost 100 coins per upgrade regardless of succeeding and failing the upgrade.

I don't see that much people play support, but if it helps recommending a support, try comfey. comfey lacks a lot of dmg, but their assistance will help rather than KOing an opponent. The only things i know how to play as comfey is that you can detach by pressing the return to base button and if you want to attach to someone, it has to be specific move like synthesis and floral healing. if the person you attached to gets KO'd, you'll be automatically detached from that person and you have to find a nearby person or try to escape from your opponents. Hold item wise, well I use buddy barrier, exp share, and rescue hood and you can also follow the top players hold item sets if it helps. emblem wise. well It's best to have a cooldown build which is a set of green and black with mewtwo or mew emblem, celebi emblem works if you're able to acquire it. Moves, I use magical leaf and floral healing

The licenses you've missed so far can be acquired by coins, but it's not easy to buy them in terms of the costs being expensive and very absurd too since we can only get 2100 coins per week.

If you need to catch up, i would say use 2x battle points and coin cards. whichever duration you have, you can use them

To fill you in on the current condition of the game, well i know instability is one of them since it's been getting laggy lately so most likely it's on the game's server. usually when it comes to standard and ranked matches, it remained unchanged except new pokemon being released although there are still uncooperative teammates and overpowered opponents so it's not easy to deal with them even when you're playing support type pokemon.
Yeah I've learnt that really quickly about the emblems, I think I just need to get more of them (and more variety) before I start worrying about them. Finally unlocked the energy thingy to start getting them, got a lovely selection of brown ones (white ones?) but not much else! I've been doing a fair few of the Eeveelution Quick Battles to try and get those puzzle pieces - I've committed to Sylveon now that I've tried all 4 Eeveelutions, got 30 pieces so far so won't be too long before I have a free license of the lil pink floof. I've also now unlocked my second held item slot, although I have bought 0 held items as I'm waiting to commit to a few key items to focus on first before buying the rest.

Besides all that I've just done Standard matches on the new map and working on missions like the play 5/10 matches on each role. Done my Attacker ones (two as Ninetales, two as Venusaur, one as Sylveon from the event) and the Defender ones (Slowbro x2 and Umbreon from the event x3), will work on Supporter next but as I only currently have Eldegoss... it gets a bit dull. It's giving me plenty of Aeos Coins though, so I'll be able to buy a second Supporter soon! I was thinking Blissey or Clefable over Comfey actually but after reading what you've put I'll have to check some videos out of it! We shall see.

Saving my battle points / coin cards for when I start playing for longer stints (i.e. when I start Ranked) for maximum yield, although that may be my RPG "hoard everything in case you need it" approach. But I'm having fun, I'm not as rusty as I was expecting to be and it's all going good! I suspect that'll end when I start Ranked, but for now... optimism.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Which pokemon do you use ishiftyounot
I only have Eldegoss, Venusaur, Slowbro and Alolan Ninetales at the moment! Saving my Aeos Coins until I've hit the two week mark and obtained Cinderace and Greninja from logging in (plus the free Crustle and Zeraora you get from missions). I should also have Sylveon soon if I keep up using my puzzle pieces on getting its license? I'll probably end up as a Supporter / Defender main though since I like the pink blobs (Blissey, Clefable, Wigglytuff) and Lord knows the game needs more mains of those types of characters! I've been trying out Glaceon from the Eeveelution event and it's really fun, which I suspect is because it's very strong. Umbreon is fun too.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Well i'm getting the hang of zacian right now so i've been winning matches as him, but ranked matches, well it's been ups and downs although it's mostly down due to ppl lacking teamwork and not being a team player at all so it's been tough to work with them if they can't be a team player and/or keep feeding opponents some free exp, energy, and performance points.

I did see that zacian is gonna get a nerf sooner or later so it's most likely to be the stun duration from the moves that's gonna be nerfed.

Clefable isn't that really easy to work with unless you know how to work with it, but ppl can find these supporting healers to be a threat to them and they want you out more easily than your teammates are although the most threatening pokemon will be zacian, gardevoir, and (no offense, but) decidueye.

Glaceon is good. it's just that icy wind got nerfed down after the last patch so ppl have been using ice shards and icicle spears in that combination. Hold items wise, well I did follow one of the builds on youtube though. Same with emblems, but I haven't worked with them a lot since I was focused on playing as Zacian.

I know how to play as zacian though. it's just that I need to make a lot of successful ambushes and use the minimum of 5 energy on my opponents, but sometimes 10 if opponents walked to me. I normally use a full charge on the objectives such as the 3 regis / drednaw and rotom / regieleki. zap / articuno / ray, i use a small charge of 5 energy. Move sets, I use play rough and scared sword. when it comes to opponents. I use play rough first and then scared sword twice from both regular and charged energy of 5. If objectives, I just use 10 energy plus an X-attack and used scared sword twice and then play rough after.

Ishiftyounot

The Meme Supreme
Well i'm getting the hang of zacian right now so i've been winning matches as him, but ranked matches, well it's been ups and downs although it's mostly down due to ppl lacking teamwork and not being a team player at all so it's been tough to work with them if they can't be a team player and/or keep feeding opponents some free exp, energy, and performance points.

I did see that zacian is gonna get a nerf sooner or later so it's most likely to be the stun duration from the moves that's gonna be nerfed.

Clefable isn't that really easy to work with unless you know how to work with it, but ppl can find these supporting healers to be a threat to them and they want you out more easily than your teammates are although the most threatening pokemon will be zacian, gardevoir, and (no offense, but) decidueye.

Glaceon is good. it's just that icy wind got nerfed down after the last patch so ppl have been using ice shards and icicle spears in that combination. Hold items wise, well I did follow one of the builds on youtube though. Same with emblems, but I haven't worked with them a lot since I was focused on playing as Zacian.

I know how to play as zacian though. it's just that I need to make a lot of successful ambushes and use the minimum of 5 energy on my opponents, but sometimes 10 if opponents walked to me. I normally use a full charge on the objectives such as the 3 regis / drednaw and rotom / regieleki. zap / articuno / ray, i use a small charge of 5 energy. Move sets, I use play rough and scared sword. when it comes to opponents. I use play rough first and then scared sword twice from both regular and charged energy of 5. If objectives, I just use 10 energy plus an X-attack and used scared sword twice and then play rough after.
I've heard that Zacian is particularly busted, but I've not yet had the pleasure of encountering one yet. I've not actually looked at what it does playstyle-wise, it's just not been a Pokemon I was interested in playing (especially because it's apparently very OP) - is it fun to play? I do have the Rusted Sword item, not sure how I got it but it's there.

As for Clefable, I am prepared to be targeted by everyone for playing the healer - seems like common practice! Not sure if that'll impact my enjoyment of the game so we'll see, it's quite dull doing the Supporter missions at the moment because I just get put with bots (or bad players against bots) so we're never in a position where I need to heal people? Eldegoss is a solid laner but auto-attack spam with the odd Pollen Puff / Leaf Tornado / Cotton Spore isn't very engaging. I suspect once I start Ranked and get placed with real players I'll have more fun.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
Rusted Sword is automatically equipped and cannot be changed so you have to set up the last 2 items for him. I normally use scope lens and razor claw to fill in the last 2 slots. emblem wise, well you can go either with atk spd (physical) or high physical attack.

KirbyHamtaro

Paragon of Summoner
I did hear that we're gonna get an option for surrenders although i may thinking that it may be a bad idea because ppl need to learn that there's no hopes of winning after zapdos / articuno / rayquaza has been claimed by the opponents. They can't just keep holding up the match by fighting and scoring back which is just a waste of time and breath and all they're doing is feeding exp, energy, (and performance pts if ranked match) to the winning team.

Inteleon is gonna be a nice countermeasure against sableye cuz obviously that pokemon has been hiding too much.