• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon White Team for Elite Four and Beyond

ECM

Pokémon White Team for Elite Four and Beyond

I'm having trouble defeating the Elite Four in the first Pokémon White. I'm positive that increasing the level of my Pokémon will help a lot, but I'm also wondering if I should change my moveset up a bit.

That being said, I don't only want advice because of the Elite Four, but because I want an awesome team by the end of the game regardless. Anyways, here's my current team:

Emboar Lv. 48
Lax Nature
Ability: Blaze
Item: Charcoal
Flamethrower
Brick Break
Strength
Assurance

Simisage Lv. 45
Calm Nature
Ability: Gluttony
Item: Miracle Seed
Seed Bomb
Acrobatics
Bite
Shadow Claw

Zebstrika Lv. 43
Naughty Nature
Ability: Lightningrod
Item: Magnet
Spark
Flame Charge
Facade
Thunder Wave

Seismitoad Lv. 46
Sassy Nature
Ability: Poison Touch
Item: Scope Lens
Surf
Drain Punch
Dig
Sludge Bomb

Beartic Lv. 47
Calm Nature
Ability: Snow Cloak
Item: NeverMelt Ice
Icicle Crash
Surf
Brick Break
Shadow Claw

Rufflet Lv. 43 (Will evolve into Braviary)
Lax Nature
Ability: Sheer Force
Item: Sharp Beak
Fly
Air Slash
Slash
Shadow Claw

I would really appreciate any advice given. I know that there are some moves I may not have access to until after I defeat the Elite Four, so if there is another place-holder move you might suggest, I would be very thankful for the help.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
Rufflet is not worth training in BW1. Replace it with a Psychic type like Reuniclus. It will help with 3 out of 4 Elite 4 Members.

edonub

I'm having trouble defeating the Elite Four in the first Pokémon White. I'm positive that increasing the level of my Pokémon will help a lot, but I'm also wondering if I should change my moveset up a bit.

That being said, I don't only want advice because of the Elite Four, but because I want an awesome team by the end of the game regardless. Anyways, here's my current team:

Emboar Lv. 48
Lax Nature
Ability: Blaze
Item: Charcoal
Flamethrower
Brick Break
Strength
Assurance

Assuming Strength is for ingame purposes, consider replacing it and using an HM slave instead. There's not many rocks to move and once you push them down a hole, you don't have to worry about them ever again. Emboar is slow, so Flame Charge is a great move on it. Assurance gives good coverage with Brick Break but it's completely unreliable. Unlike Payback (double damage if acting second) it will only have 100 BP if you're second AND you're hit by an attacking move. Get Rock Slide/Stone Edge, it will work much better for you.

Simisage Lv. 45
Calm Nature
Ability: Gluttony
Item: Miracle Seed
Seed Bomb
Acrobatics
Bite
Shadow Claw

I'm assuming you don't care about natures (which is fine ingame). but a -attack nature on a physical attacker kind of sucks. Try to go mixed at the very least (energy ball etc). You will hurt more. Bite and Shadow Claw have the exact same coverage, ditch Bite for something else.

Zebstrika Lv. 43
Naughty Nature
Ability: Lightningrod
Item: Magnet
Spark
Flame Charge
Facade
Thunder Wave

As you specifically said you want "an awesome team", just discard this. Horrible coverage and bulk, meaning there are really few things you can KO before they take one or two hits and murder you. Fast electric type ? Galvantula. You can use a bug STAB anyway for the dark type Elite 4. Compoundeyes Thunder is awesome as well. (do NOT get an Unnerve Joltik, it's garbage. If at the beginning of the battle you get no messages, it means it's a Compoundeyes variant. Else, just run)

Seismitoad Lv. 46
Sassy Nature
Ability: Poison Touch
Item: Scope Lens
Surf
Drain Punch
Dig
Sludge Bomb

Once again quoting the "awesome team" thingy, this poke is not exactly "top percentage". Still WAY more usable than Zebstrika, so if you like it keep it :V moveset is okay, be sure to get Earthquake once you have the TM for it.

Beartic Lv. 47
Calm Nature
Ability: Snow Cloak
Item: NeverMelt Ice
Icicle Crash
Surf
Brick Break
Shadow Claw

Ice type is not great for a slow bulky attacker, too many weaknesses. Surf is pretty bad on it as it has very low special attack. I can't remember if this thing gets Ice Shard or any sort of priority, but if it does, teach it (Aqua Jet maybe?).

Rufflet Lv. 43 (Will evolve into Braviary)
Lax Nature
Ability: Sheer Force
Item: Sharp Beak
Fly
Air Slash
Slash
Shadow Claw

Ditch Air Slash for Rock Slide, or (when you get to the right level) Superpower. Return is much stronger than Slash once you hang around for some time with your poke.

I would really appreciate any advice given. I know that there are some moves I may not have access to until after I defeat the Elite Four, so if there is another place-holder move you might suggest, I would be very thankful for the help.

Suggestions in bold. Now, since you asked help for the elite 4
The Dark type elite 4 is easily handled by Emboar, once you get one or two Flame Charges you will outspeed his entire team.
The Ghost type elite 4 though, is a bit of a problem. That Cofagrigus will give you nightmares. Try giving a Rawst Berry to your Braviary, so you can hopefully hit it once with shadow claw, avoid getting burned from will-o-wisp, then finish it off. The rest of the team is all about super effective attacks, surf on chandelure/golurk, and I guess your Simisage will work on Jellicent.
The Psychic type elite 4 is easy, sigilyph is the only fast poke and you can smack it with an Icicle Crash. Rest is handled by super effective hits. Musharna likes to yawn things twice or more for some stupid reason. Mind that if you want to switch out.
The Fighting type elite 4 will probably be the toughest one. Nothing in your team can take rock/fighting moves. At all. If you want to replace Zebstrika, do it with something that can deal with this trainer. Stuff like Reuniclus/Gothitelle/Jellicent/Golurk all work good. Else, you're in a piclke. Beartic is completely useless, Emboar won't take more than one of those strong fighting moves, Simisage is too frail, Zebstrika is garbage all the time, Braviary probably wont onehit Throh or Conkeldurr, and will get smacked by a rock type move in return. Ah, you won't onehit Sawk either because it has sturdy. Mienshao has the potential of outspeeding every poke in your team.

Hope this helped

ECM

I really appreciate the help. I will definitely take the advice. Sad to find out that Zebstrika was not the best choice unfortunately. Now I just need to decide between using Galvantula or maybe another Pokémon. Do you have any recommendations for a Pokémon to replace Zebstrika? I really like Galvantula, but I'm also considering maybe raising a Psychic or a Dark type.

chap196

If you want to play mix Emboar, this is a better set.

Emboar
Item Leftover
Nature Adamant
Ability Blaze
Move Set
Flamethrower
Scald
Brick Break/Hammer Arm
Wild Charge
Flamethrower for STAB
Scald for more coverages and it has 30% chance to burn
Brick Break for more accuracy or Hammer Arm for more power
Wild Charge covers Water and Flying

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Just replace Rufflet with Reuniclus and replace Zebstrika with Galvantula.

Reuniclus
Modest Nature, Magic Guard ability
~Psyshock
~Focus Blast
~Shadow Ball
~Calm Mind

Galvantula
Modest/Timid Nature, Compoundeyes ability
~Thunder
~Bug Buzz
~Energy Ball
~Thunder Wave/Toxic/Hidden Power [anything not Electric/Bug/Grass/Steel/Poison]

also

Beartic
Adamant Nature
~Icicle Crash
~Rock Slide/Shadow Claw
~Brick Break
~Return

Calm reduce its great Attack, Adamant is a much better Nature. It does gets a priority move (Aqua Jet) but only in B2/W2.

Simisage
Hasty/Naive/Lonely/Naughty Nature
~Energy Ball
~Acrobatics
~Shadow Claw
~Brick Break

Calm means it has to go fully Special, since Calm reduce Attack. The problem is, Simisage's special movepool sucks. Stick with either Mixed or pure Physical.
If you want a pure physical set, replace Energy Ball with Seed Bomb and go with Adamant/Jolly Nature.