1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon White Team

Discussion in 'Older Gen RMT' started by Latios Master, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Latios Master

Latios Master A Member Since Gen 3

Pokémon White Team

This is the OU team I plan on putting together when I get Pokemon White. I've been out of Pokémon for a couple of years, and the last time I put together a competitive team was for gen 3. I've spent a lot of time during the last couple of months trying to learn as much as I can about the current metagame. If you think this team is terrible, please tell me, but please give me suggestions as to how I can make it better.

[​IMG]

#385 Jirachi: Steel/Psychic, Hasty, Serene Grace, Item: Leftovers
    EVs: 252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe
    Stealth Rock
    U-Turn
    Fire Punch
    Iron Head

I think this works as a good lead for my team. Timid would be a better nature, but I have no way of getting one with it. I'm unsure about the item. Choice Scarf looks like the recommended item, but I prefer not to use it. It works well with Tyranitar's Sandstream. Serene Grace gives Iron Head a 60% flinch rate and Fire Punch a 60% burn rate. Fire Punch works well against other Steel types, especially against Ferrothorn.

[​IMG]

#248 Tyranitar: Rock/Dark, Jolly, Sandstream, Item: Leftovers
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Dragon Dance
    Crunch
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge

The centerpiece of the team. Sandstream helps out Archeops, and Jirachi works well with it. I'm not sure if I should go with the DD set or not.

[​IMG]

#121 Starmie: Water/Psychic, Timid, Natural Cure, Item: Leftovers
    EVs: 252 SpA / 6 Sp D / 252 Spe
    Rapid Spin
    Recover
    Thunderbolt
    Surf

My Rapid Spinner. Covers a lot of my weaknesses: Rapid Spin for entry hazards such as Stealth Rock which would destroy Archeops, Thunderbolt for my Water weakness with Tyranitar and Archeops, and Surf for my Fire weakness with Jirachi.

[​IMG]

#609 Chandelure: Ghost/Fire, Timid, Flash Fire, Item: Leftovers
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Calm Mind
    Shadow Ball
    Flamethrower
    Energy Ball

My favorite Ghost Pokémon. I can't decide between Energy Ball and Hidden Power [Fighting]. He covers my Grass weakness with Tyranitar and Starmie.

[​IMG]

#567 Archeops: Rock/Flying, Jolly, Faint Hearted, Item: Flight Jewel
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
    Acrobatics
    Endeavor
    Earthquake
    Stone Edge

My favorite gen 5 Pokémon. I had a tough time deciding between Stone Edge and Rock Slide. I'm not sure about Endeavor. U-Turn is a possibility. Tyranitar's Sandstream helps raise his defenses from pathetic to poor. Flight Jewel gives Acrobatics a very powerful first move. Acrobatics helps against Fighting and Grass types.

[​IMG]

#381 Latios: Dragon/Psychic, Levitate, Modest, Item: Leftovers
    EVs: 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Recover
    Psychic
    Dragon Pulse
    Calm Mind

My favorite Pokémon. Timid would be a better nature, but I don't have one with it. Psychic covers my Fighting weakness.

I may have gone a little overboard with the Leftovers.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2011
  2. artbomber_97

artbomber_97 Ultimate Aritist

First off, ScarfRachi works best as a lead, and without Choice Scarf, you should never use Jirachi as a lead.
    Second, this is the best Starmie set for a spinner:
    LO, Timid, 252 SAtk / 252 Spe, Pump/BoltBeam/Spin
    Third, Chandelure sucks. If you like a Ghost type, use Burungeru or something.