• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon with feminine designs that can be male and vice-versa

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
Pokémon with feminine designs that can be male and vice-versa

Exactly as the title says. Pokémon that look feminine that can be male and vice-versa. One for me is Azumarill. I'd think Azumarril would be female only but it still has a 50% chance of being male. And to me Weavile looks a bit feminine with those eyelashes.

firehound

luvidisc looks like female, machamp looks like male, skitty/delcalty looks like female, gardevor looks like female and thats all i could think of for now

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
Gardevoir looks more feminine to me and Machamp looks more masculine to have a chance of being female.

Heliotrope

it shone! ^_^
'Feminine' and 'masculine' are just human terms and shouldn't be applied to (non-human) animals - even cartoonish ones.

Cats for example, don't look 'girly' they look like cats. You can't tell if it's male or female unless you look at its 'you know what'. :p

I don't see why people keep making topics like this... What is it supposed to be achieving? >_>

Last edited:

IAintObeezy

Ban this Trainer
'Feminine' and 'masculine' are just human terms and shouldn't be applied to (non-human) animals - even cartoonish ones.

Cats for example, don't look 'girly' they look like cats. You can't tell if it's male or female unless you look at its 'you know what'. :p

I don't see why people keep making topics like this... What is it supposed to be achieving? >_>

Nobodies "achieving" anything. Its just a discussion. And even if they shouldn't be applied to (non-human?) animals the discussion is about applying human terms to them. Why must something be accomplished?

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
Exactly as the title says. Pokémon that look feminine that can be male and vice-versa. One for me is Azumarill. I'd think Azumarril would be female only but it still has a 50% chance of being male. And to me Weavile looks a bit feminine with those eyelashes.

It's all heavily subjected to opinion, as some people might see one Pokémon as Male and the other as Female.

I think Roserade is masculine because it looks like an old man due the white/grey 'hair'

Stupid.

There is no need for that kind of attitude.

Frost Mage

<3 Heavenly~
Some Pokemon are based off of human characteristics, male/female ideals, and the like. I think the more masculine-looking female Pokemon and feminine-looking male Pokemon really encourage us to think about what defines gender. I mean, I can totally see a female Machamp. Just look at wild cats in the jungle. The females are often more aggressive and vicious than their male counterparts. It doesn't mean they're not "feminine" (not that we should hold freaking lions to the same standards as human beings as far as gender norms go), it's just a different outlook. That's what it all comes down to, opinion.

TanBun

I'm back :3
I think it is a tic of humankind to say from every animal-like thing that they are feminine or masculine. Some people even gave their car a gender ;) People want to '' gender'' everything because it helps then to understand it better. For example, if ants would be considered cute and feminine ( people often say ants look male-like, even though most of them are females) then they wouldn't be killed as much

How 'bout Mr. Mime
I call my females Always Mrs. Mime

Janice Quatlane

helloooo ladies
No, I'm just saying that I don't think people should compare male and female by whether they wear a dress (Gardevoir) or look like a wrestler (Machamp)

Liz Azzimagica

Angelic Trainer
so based of what you guys are saying, in spite of what everyone thinks, new pokemon like Sylveon shouldn't be considered female exclusive just because they look like that. In my opinion, their are certain pokemon that I raise female only because of their look and I even consider certain legends (like Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Maniphy and Victini would be ether) to be female...even in RPs I imagion the normal as a male (like Lugia) and the shiny counterpart as female wife. Reshiram I consider Female and it's counterpart shiny as male, vise versa for Zekrom

☭Azimuth_055☣

Thou enraged?
I think Roserade is masculine because it looks like an old man due the white/grey 'hair'

Stupid.

Even old women can have white hair you know...

Lopunny is also effeminate.

Last edited:

Gurk

They should just have a 50/50 gender ratio on every Pokemon. I don't understand how Jynx can have 100% female ratio when Machamp/Machoke/Machamp can have 75/25 gender ratio.

And I love raising all my cute, '' feminine '' and '' effeminate '' looking Pokemon as males.