• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon with feminine designs that can be male and vice-versa

Exactly as the title says. Pokémon that look feminine that can be male and vice-versa. One for me is Azumarill. I'd think Azumarril would be female only but it still has a 50% chance of being male. And to me Weavile looks a bit feminine with those eyelashes.

I used to see Weavile as feminine but my opinion changed after seeing an episode of the anime that had them.

Ditto B1tch

Feminine or masculine, this is the personal view of yourself. To describe a being as feminine/masculine, you have to check out its genitalias. Being agressive or delicated, doesn't describe a Pokémon as masculine or feminine, respectively, IMO.

lara lynx

Pokemon that I personally think look female:

Chansey
Jynx
Bellossom
Kirlia/Gardevoir
Mawile
Delcatty
Roselia
Gorebyss
Glameow
Cresselia
Lillgant
Meloetta
Lopunny

Pokemon that I personally think look male:

Macop/Machoke/Machamp
Mr Mime
Steelix
Slaking
Glalie
Bagon
Magmar/Magmortar
Electabuzz/Electivire
Throh
Mewtwo

And for some reason I identify most of the starters as male...

As others have said, its very much down to your own personal opinions as to which pokemon you see as "male" or "female". For example a lot of people are saying absol is feminine, but because I first saw absol in the anime with a male voice, I don't see it like that.
That being said, there are some pokemon that were clearly designed to have masculine or feminine aspects.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Pokemon I always saw as male:
-Growlithe line
-Abra line
-Geodude line
-Poliwrath
-Machop line
-Farfetche'd
-Mewtwo
-Mr. Mime

There's more, but that's a lot to list right now

Pokemon I always saw were female

-Jynx
-Mew
-Chikorita
-Marill
-Jumpluff
-Sunflora
-Misdreavus
-Sneasal
-Celebi
-Bellossom

Again, the list goes on XD

Ivoright

I am back! Probably.
I always perceived Budew as male, Roselia as female, and Roserade as male.

xYachu

Spicy Tuna!
Well, Mew doesn't really have a gender but I always considered it as a girl I mean it's pink xD!

RainbowMagikarp64

When I Evolve...
Most bug types are quite femine looking. Escaviler and Accelgor, for me, have both always seemed femine.

But that's just me, I guess.

Codeepfly

MyCaruba
Liepard always seems feminine to me. Due to the exaggerated and pink highlights of its eyes and ears. Pink in this shade is more often a feminine color and it also looks more like makeup on its face.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Most bug types are quite femine looking. Escaviler and Accelgor, for me, have both always seemed femine.

But that's just me, I guess.

I always saw them as male, but hey, I thought Bugsy was a girl up until a few years ago.

SilverChiko

Protect The Smiles!
I see Victini as male but they rest of the 100 all crew as female

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
For some reason I always saw Jirachi as a feminine Pokemon, which was why I was a little surprised when they referred to it as a male in PMD2. Also, Machamp and Jynx... I could make so many jokes about those two, but I don't feel like being infracted right now. :/