• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon World Tournament Discussion Thread [Read First Post]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I battled at the Pokemon World Tournament today because Clay wanted me to participate. I defeated Hugh, Cheren and Colress, and it was surprisingly easy. I'm sure it'll get harder later on though, but I still plan on participating after I beat the Elite Four since I really want to battle against the Hoenn Gym Leaders.

R_N

I battled at the Pokemon World Tournament today because Clay wanted me to participate. I defeated Hugh, Cheren and Colress, and it was surprisingly easy. I'm sure it'll get harder later on though, but I still plan on participating after I beat the Elite Four since I really want to battle against the Hoenn Gym Leaders.

While the Driftviel Tournament, in general, is easier than anything else in the PWT, the story-dependant one is easier due to:
1. 3 preset opponents
2. With preset teams
3. You get to keep your levels instead of everything being lowered to level 25 like normal

-Nator-

I've been stuck on the Psychic tournament lately. I NEED something physical, but the one physical I do have is banned (Victini).
It wouldn't be so bad if Liza (I think it is) didn't abuse Trick Room/Light Screen.
And don't even get me started on her Calm Minding Gothitelle.

R_N

I've been stuck on the Psychic tournament lately. I NEED something physical, but the one physical I do have is banned (Victini).
It wouldn't be so bad if Liza (I think it is) didn't abuse Trick Room/Light Screen.
And don't even get me started on her Calm Minding Gothitelle.

Gallade seems like it'd be a good choice.
Brick Break gets around Light Screen & Reflect, Night Slash for SE damage on most things and then two other slots for whatever options. Nice Special Defense, too.
Speed isn't the best around, though

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
You could try going to Giant Chasm and catching a Metang or Metagross, or going to Route 23 and catching Azelf. Either way, its a 600 BST Pokemon that's difficult to capture but has a hella high Attack stat.

-Nator-

Gallade seems like it'd be a good choice.
Brick Break gets around Light Screen & Reflect, Night Slash for SE damage on most things and then two other slots for whatever options. Nice Special Defense, too.
Speed isn't the best around, though

Gallade would probably be the wisest choice. I was thinking Metagross at first, but there's also Bronzong to deal with, and Gallade's STAB Fighting moves would do just the trick.
I still have to watch out for Shadow Ball, though.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Wow, the rental tournament is just

Terrible.
Like, absolutely awful. The pokemon they let you choose from are awful, the majority of the Pokemon the opponents have are waaaaay better than yours and you have no real way to influence anything.

I haven't checked... does this change post-game? I can't stand the selection during the playthough because it's all Unova Pokemon and includes unevolved forms, which seem to be way more common when forced to choose.

Rakurai

Nope.

The selections for the standard rental tournament are exactly the same.

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
Just cancel and re-enter until you get a good selection.

Also, try not to fight Mienshaos.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
I haven't checked... does this change post-game? I can't stand the selection during the playthough because it's all Unova Pokemon and includes unevolved forms, which seem to be way more common when forced to choose.

I only have the basic rental mode available, but I found out that if you only choose the middle option, you get either fully evolved or stage two of three stage pokemon. At least every time I do rental that is the case for me.

TotalPotato

Vegetable of Doom!
Don't you only face other unevolved forms if you get a selection of unevolved forms? Or did I just get lucky in that respect?

monkeyman192

simply bored
Just cancel and re-enter until you get a good selection.

Also, try not to fight Mienshaos.

jellicent is the worst to go against.
It took me a fair few goes to beat the rental one, and every time I every came up against a jellicent I kKO'd all my pokemon without me doing much to it.

Occasionally you can get a fairly good team... I had dwebble with stealth rock, and a sunflora with synthesis, ingrain, spore and giga drain (or something similar) and I was so very close to winning if clay hadn't had a siglyph...

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Don't you only face other unevolved forms if you get a selection of unevolved forms? Or did I just get lucky in that respect?

I think that might be it. I believe I fought evolution forms similar to what I got choices from. Wish they'd be clear in what each selection really meant.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I hate rentals...

You have to rely on luck to get a good team... or just be lucky that you don't face Pokemon that are always at an advantage against yours.

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Anyone miss taking a Pokemon from your opponent a la the Battle Factory?

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
In a way, but not much.
Wouldn't make much sense to have the option to choose an opponent's Pokemon with just three simple battles.

I was gonna add that. Kinda wish there were longer tourneys, between 3 and 7.

MontyMole

I was gonna add that. Kinda wish there were longer tourneys, between 3 and 7.

Maybe like a full tournament like in the anime 96 - 48 - 24 - 12- so on. Having a professors tournament would also be cool. and if u used memory link maybe u cud battle ur Black/White team . Dont know how it could work but it would be cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.