• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y Beta Competition Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Pokémon X & Y Beta Competition Discussion Thread

detail_en_be26e632-09dc-472d-af9c-a79d1532194f.jpg

Request your invitation for this beta competition now!
Battles go from February 21st to March 3rd!

2014 is upon us, as is a new generation in the games Pokémon X&Y!
And what does that mean?
A new tournament!
In 2013, trainers participated in an online competition that stated, if you are not disqualified, you will automatically be allowed to participate in the Pokémon XY Beta Test Competition.
That competition is now here.
There are some new rules and clauses to how this particular tournament is run, so make sure to read the rules before leaving this thread.

So what are you waiting for, Pokémon Trainers?
Let's get ready to battle!

----

The Rules

Make sure you check out the rules! There is some new information on how this tournament will be run. This link will also tell you how to request an invitation to the tournament! So don't skip this, READ THE RULES.

Participants
Let us know you’ll be playing! Full up the form below!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

SPPF Registration Form:

OT: (Your in-game character's name)
Age Division: (The Junior division is for players born on or after January 1, 1998, and the Masters division is for players born on or before December 31, 1997.)
Team: (What team will you be using? Don't know? Tell us when you figure it out! Also, if you have a Mega, state that so we can put that sprite instead of its regular sprite.
Nicknames: (What did you nickname your Pokémon?)

(Make sure to provide all the information asked for when signing up. If you do not have everything, please wait until after you have all the information asked for to sign up)

Example:

XY_Calem_Icon.png

Pokémon Trainer Calem (Calem)
Masters Division
From Vaniville Town, Kalos
"En garde!"
Calem's Team
658.png
663.png
660.png
257-m.png
003.png
715.png

|Garde|Striker|Diggersbytho|Gonzalez|Brute Root|Flurry|

---------------------------------------------
vgc14jp.jpg

And that's it!
Feel free to discuss anything in relation to the tournament;
your teams, your strategies, your thoughts, practice battles, requests, trades, all of it!

Good luck in the tournament, trainers!
May the battles be ever in your favor!

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Man, is nobody battling in this tourney, or are we all just not done with our teams? I'm assuming the latter, but I managed to get the breeding of pretty much my whole team done today, so I'll be pretty much ready. Also, the link to the rules isn't taking me to the right page. Is this what the link should be?

Anyway, now for the real stuff, since nobody else has posted yet.

OT: Gustavo
Age Division: Masters Division
Team:
198.png
479-w.png
260.png
445-m.png
094.png
468.png

Nicknames: None

Not sure how well this team will do overall, but Togekiss and Garchomp work amazingly together, so I'm hoping this works out as a decent team. Murkrow is my Tailwind support, since I'm a huge fan of Tailwind in Doubles. Would have used Whimsicott, but I wanted to try something new this time around.

Last edited:

old man

On Guard!!!
I qualified for it from the last tourny. Not sure if I like the 10 battle limit but will do it. Team isn't 100% finished. Still trying out a few guys.

OT: Skillz
Age Division: Masters
Team: garchomp, jolteon, gengar, exploud, throh,gerninja

Arande

OT: Arande
Age Division: masters
Team: talonflame, charizard y, reuniclus, sableye, amoongus, escavalier

Of course assuming I get an invite since those aren't out till tomorrow. Not 100% sure about this team :X some glaring weaknesses but ah well. still 2 days to test stuff out.

Last edited:

venom1950

Ace Trainer
how do i know if i got into the tourney?

EDIT:
this thread is for the official or our tourney?

EDIT:

ok i found it how i'll know. you get a notification on pgl.

but i have another question. can i use my swampert that was hatched in kalos?

Last edited:

Silvershark

HAWLUCHA!!!
Well, I missed out on the sign ups this time around apparently, but I still don't have a full team ready yet anyways (the downside of working) so I guess I just have to catch the next one. :(

Growlie19

About time this got going. With breeding easier than ever, I'm feeling more confident in a high ranking! :)

OT: Jared
Masters Division
Team:
Aslan the Arcanine
Destroyer the Rhydon
Gummy the shiny Feraligatr
Saikou the Espeon
Luna the Mega Absol
El Fuerte the Hawlucha

Arande

If you had to request an invite, they are out. Should see the notice as soon as you log into GL

..... it is a glorious day indeed....

"After you are matched with an opponent, if you turn off your Nintendo 3DS system or disconnect in any way before the results of the match are sent to the server, you will receive a loss. Make sure you have a stable Internet connection when participating in Online Competitions."

it only took them how long?

Last edited:

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I finally got my team decided.

OT: King Arceus
Age Division: Masters
Team: Mega Tyranitar, Garchomp, Machamp, Mega Gengar, Talonflame, Greninja
Nicknames: I didn't give them any.

Yes I know I have two megas listed, but some battles I'll want Gengar while others I'll need Tyranitar.

venom1950

Ace Trainer
OT: Alen
Age Division: Masters division
Team: Ammongus,Talonflame,Mega Lucario,Mega Gengar,Mega Blastoise,Noivern
Nicknames: no nicknames

Lot of megas yes :/
the truth is that isn't my competative team. my competative team is made mostly out of non kalos native pokemon except two.

Growlie19

Quick question. I'm trying to download my Digital Player ID, but it's taking a long time to load. Am I supposed to wait until the competition begins or is there server strain?

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
Quick question. I'm trying to download my Digital Player ID, but it's taking a long time to load. Am I supposed to wait until the competition begins or is there server strain?

Unless I'm mistaken, we're supposed to wait until the competition begins to get the Digital Player ID. I also spent a long while trying to download it with no luck.

old man

On Guard!!!
I did mine over the weekend with no problem. Could be a time of day problem too

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I got my Digital ID with no trouble. I did it when it was early morning hours for the US. It tends to be less active at that time so there is a higher success chance.

Growlie19

Thanks for the help. It turns out you're supposed to go to Battle Spot, not Live Competition. I'm signed up now, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.