• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pokémon X & Y Beta Competition Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

venom1950

Ace Trainer
well the final day has come and i'm done with today's 20 battles.
my final score was 25/35
my team was pretty good. ammonguss + gengar with hex were amazing!
this was a great expiriance. looking forward to the next competition.

btw
how come people were able to battle with zapdos and moltres and non kalos native pokemon. my galvantula had that hexagon and couldn't register to battle.

Last edited:

Psynergy

Strong Winds
Staff member
Super Mod
btw
how come people were able to battle with zapdos and moltres and non kalos native pokemon. my galvantula had that hexagon and couldn't register to battle.

The rules allowed you to use any Pokemon that were caught or bred in Kalos. They didn't have to be in the Kalos Dex (Zapdos and Moltres are in the Kalos Dex anyway). I myself have a Togekiss and Swampert on my team. Not sure what was stopping you from using Galvantula if it had the hexagon, though.

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I finished 34-26. I did not play as well today as the others. Part of that I attribute to hurting my back at work last night. It does make it harder to concentrate. Once I hit 30 wins I was on a streak for losing. I will put up some videos probably tomorrow.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
I'm having a great time so far! With so many random rouge teams I couldn't be happier! I even beat 2 or 3 Jap players! :D Though I can't wait to try out some new team combos in future tourneys.

Mega Typhlosion

I'm finished. I wish I could have had time to do a few more battles but to be honest, more battles now could decrease my rank and I'll let it stay this way. It looks better to have a one-digit number of defeats lol

I'm really proud of the way this team performed. Some nice surprises out there and some surprises on my own team as well. I had two members I thought were out of place because one was not tested and the other was designed for singles, but they did their jobs amazingly.

I finished 25-9, with a score of 1738. It's the first time in all competitions I've taken part of that I end up above 1700 so I'm really surprised. I was expected to have a 50-50 W/L ratio or something since the team is not at its best yet, so I'm really happy with the way the tournament went :D

old man

On Guard!!!
Well for the first time I had a sub 1500 rating. Guess ill jace to read the rules better and underarm d what I can and can't use. I did try something new which didn't work out too well. Mat block isn't a good move to use unless your the fastest thing on the field. I really I did have fun.

Rio!

Composer
I only ending up fighting 11 people total; I had issues finding people, and 3 of them I had already fought before. I was in Masters Division and wondering if there were simply less people in there or what. Maybe I have bad timing...
At least my rating somewhat improved I guess. XD

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I only ending up fighting 11 people total; I had issues finding people, and 3 of them I had already fought before. I was in Masters Division and wondering if there were simply less people in there or what. Maybe I have bad timing...
At least my rating somewhat improved I guess. XD

I only once had to face the same person. I never had issues finding people though. Maybe you just were on at bad times. If you waited until late in the day that could be why you had problems since only 20 battles could be done in a day unless you didn't hit your quota the previous day.

Rio!

Composer
I only once had to face the same person. I never had issues finding people though. Maybe you just were on at bad times. If you waited until late in the day that could be why you had problems since only 20 battles could be done in a day unless you didn't hit your quota the previous day.

I'd get on late mornings/early afternoons when I expected there would be traffic but i came across...2 people tops yesterday.
Meeeh.

Arande

10-4. Bleh here I am thinking I can get more matches this gen, and bam! 2 full 8 hour work shifts and online class stuff to finish :/ ah well.

I dunno, didn't really like this tourney compared to previous ones. Could be the lack of dark void ban and species clause. or it may even be with how things are focusing on megas. Whatever the reason is, just didn't seem to have any good matches. My wins were either 2-3 turn sweeps, or sableye setting everything onf ire and laughing. My loses were (surprise surprise) dark void, mega mawile, and mega kanga (latter was annoying. with a meowstic, couldn't burn it due to priority safeguard, and quick guard means no outprioritizing sucker punch)

jstinftw!

hey trainer
Ugh. College has this uncanny hidden ability to screw up any and all tournaments I want to participate in. :/

I spent the tournament time breeding a few Pokemon I wanted to use, and by the time I finished and was ready to go, the tournament ended. I'm so frustrated because I've been waiting all week for this. T^T

But good show guys! Hopefully next time the thread will get approved earlier so that we can talk a bit more pre-tournament and maybe rouse more interest from other players. I will still be editing the first page, so if you want to see your team up, it will indeed happen soon. :D

Rio!

Composer
10-4. Bleh here I am thinking I can get more matches this gen, and bam! 2 full 8 hour work shifts and online class stuff to finish :/ ah well.

I dunno, didn't really like this tourney compared to previous ones. Could be the lack of dark void ban and species clause. or it may even be with how things are focusing on megas. Whatever the reason is, just didn't seem to have any good matches. My wins were either 2-3 turn sweeps, or sableye setting everything onf ire and laughing. My loses were (surprise surprise) dark void, mega mawile, and mega kanga (latter was annoying. with a meowstic, couldn't burn it due to priority safeguard, and quick guard means no outprioritizing sucker punch)

I had the same issue with something coming up over the weekend. XD
I actually managed to beat a MKanga once by only a few HP with a bit of luck.switching around. That was *pretty* close. o_0
Glad I had a non-attacking move on hand...

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew

I had to face Dark Void also with the opponent getting a boost to accuracy from Moody on the first turn. It was not a good start for me. I did manage to still pull off the victory because of Sand Veil on my Garchomp and having Lum Berry on it. Mega Mawile I actually found to be tougher than Mega Kangaskhan because I actually had Machamp on my team so I could use Dynamic Punch that would do a large amount of damage and confuse it. I had no fire Pokemon other than Talonflame which was probably why I found Mega Mawile to be tough.

I am trying to get Dark Void banned. I sent a PM to Christopher Brown with feedback about the tournament since he is the video game event coordinator.

Results are up on PGL!

There were over 7,000 players in the Masters Division.

I ranked 1,162 overall, 190 in the US.

Not bad for my first competition, I must say!

How did everyone else do?

Mega Typhlosion

Ranked 100th! Woohoo! I'm in the top 100 :D And second place in Portugal, only 3 points behind the 1st one :)

W25 L9 - Rating: 1736 - Ranking: 100th

My best performance ever! Great :D Thank you team! It seems that there is no need to use Talonflame, Garchomp and Kangaskhan to achieve a good position.

Last edited:

Playful Latios

@Soul Dew
I just barely managed top 1000. Considering it was my first tournament for doubles I'm pretty satisfied. I learned a lot for next time. 143 in the US is where I ended up.

Status
Not open for further replies.