1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're currently having an issue where e-mails sent to gmail accounts are not going through and are bouncing back. We're currently working to resolve this matter and apologise for any inconvenience
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation VI Discussion' started by Wulava, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Wulava

Wulava Let's Go! Staff Member Moderator

Pokémon X & Y Music Appreciation Thread

Discuss the beautiful soundtrack of Pokémon X & Y in here.

All posts should be constructive and contain ideas, support/elaborate their ideas, and must contribute to the discussions and/or on-going arguments. One-liner posts such as "I agree.", "I want [this] to be in the game!", "This sucks!" will all be considered spam and will be deleted.

Pokémon X & Y Super Music Collection will be released this November 13th, 2013. The soundtrack will have 4CDs and will contain a total of 212 tracks. It also comes with a full-color 28-page booklet with notes from GameFreak's sound team.

2. diakyu

diakyu Well-Known Member

Champion theme is love.

Santalune forest is the best forest theme in the series.

3. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

I haven't listened to much of the music yet because I want to experience it as I play, but I did listen to the trainer battle theme all the way through and I was really impressed. It sort of reminded me of the battle music of some of the older generations, whereas Gen 5 and to a lesser extent Gen 4 has a slightly different sound. Really looking forward to the soundtrack release.

4. Underachiever007

Underachiever007 Well-Known Member

An awesome Champion gets an awesome theme. I'm holding off on listening to the route/town themes though. Don't want to spoil everything for myself.

5. Masterofknees

Masterofknees Well-Known Member

I don't know, not been super impressed with the majority of tracks I've heard, reminds me of B2/W2 in many aspects, and I'm not a fan of the tracks in those games either besides the old Gym Leader and Champion themes. Some of the tracks get a little too techno-ish for me.

I will say that I think the Xerneas battle theme is great though. I hope the soundtrack will grow on me.

6. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair Master Breeder.

I'm overly attached to Team Flare Grunt music. Other than that, I definitely like Elite Four and Champion battle. It feels like anime-ish music, where the battle is intense but you're not stopping during battle to listen the music, the tone never gets ahead of the battle. They did a perfect job.

7. Citizen Insane

Citizen Insane Eh, life is a game.

My favourite music so far from Kalos is the wild Pokémon battle and the Rival battle theme.

8. knetz07

knetz07 The Forsaken

The battle themes are great! Especially the gym leaders' and the elite four's... Even the trainer's theme is epic, which could also pass for a champion's theme. I also love Santalune city's theme. It sounds a bit cowboy-ish which I think makes it enjoyable to listen to. :D

9. (P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N) AshXSerena = Canon

Luminose city.. is simply breathtaking

Infact most town themes are

10. IrieFuse

IrieFuse Unify To Thrive

sorry to be that guy but where can I listen to the champion battle theme and the team flare grunt theme and gym leader battle theme?

11. Ivoright

Ivoright I am back! Probably.

I am noticing that all the music thus gen sound a wee bit similar.
    In fact, it was the same in 5th gen, there seems to be a shared motif throughout most of the game.
    I like it!

12. WhiteBlair

WhiteBlair Master Breeder.

Here it is. You can also find the other tracks in his videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtyfIAk8bhU

13. 725roy

725roy ambivolent

I've decided I won't spoil the Elite four and Champion themes, but I did listen to the gym themes. If they are any indication as to how the other themes will sound... oh god, I think I might die of amazing.

14. Sheyenne Thunderstorm

Sheyenne Thunderstorm Thunder Trainer

I like Trainer Battle Music. It remind me of Pokemon Heroes where Ash being chased by the fossil pokemon. The Champion them sound upbeat and nice

15. Plus side down side

Plus side down side Lass Trainer

Woah... I actually LIKE the bike music?

That has never happened. I have always hated the bike music.

16. demson12

demson12 Member

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  17. Seni

Seni Member

The music sounds amazing from the videos on YouTube! Very prof Layton at times.

18. Hydrohs

Hydrohs 安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。 Staff Member Super Mod

That must have been pretty lame considering how the bike is the fastest way to travel.

19. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Luminose City's theme didn't impress me much. I thought that because it was a big city its BGM would slay, but it did nothing for me. The Team Flare grunt battle theme is amazing though. It keeps growing on me and I think it's on-par with the Team Plasma grunt battle theme now.

20. Plus side down side

Plus side down side Lass Trainer

During the climax of Black 2, I accidentally hopped on my bike. Needless to say, it sort of broke composition.